Crusade for European Glory! It always begins in Clermont [FM20]

Hootieleece

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Decent start there, and at least your finances are in the black unlike mine :lol: keep it going

I don't know how long it will last...the money that is LOL.

57 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Of all the French managers who got promoted from Ligue 2, I think you have the toughest job. But you're above the drop zone, and maintaining that would be a fantastic achievement. 

I agree I was expecting at least a season or two in Ligue2. As for my goal for this season If we have more points than matches played I think we will have done ourselves proud.  One thing we aren't going to do is play like Burnley.

NawFaH.png

September 2020

Ps4HyT.jpg

We Started out after the International Break with a winnable match.

UIut6T.jpg

ODUWQG.jpg

We kept up the good play against Toulouse...

ofgxVU.jpg

The Honey moon was over...the gulf in class was obvious in this game. Memphis Depay killed us.

2XTQw3.jpg

and OM just added to our misery in a match in which we never got started.

2XTQw3.jpg

After the two defeats the match against Relegation Fighting Strasbourg became a big match!

BMRQU5.jpg

We won comfortably 3-0, but the reason I am including this screen is because PSG just dismantled OM 10-1!

koWFoK.jpg

and this is the description of our match.

VyD0Rj.jpg

That leaves us comfortably lower midtable as the October International break starts

TkknTU.jpg

The player that is the most important cog in our team over the past two seasons is this guy!

GvMa3v.jpg

xIyoFC.jpg

an average journeyman midfielder with No PPM's but has played an outstanding #10 in our 4-2-3-1 Wide.

Thanks for reading.

NawFaH.png

Regular Season:October 2020

uRidFk.jpg

After beating Strasbourg convincingly Bernard knew that the next match was important to continue the momentum. It was against Dijon who like us was overachieving.

NawFaH.png

The match was a real Jekyll and Hyde affair we were great in the First half...not so great in the 2nd....

OxLlvQ.jpg

our next game was winnable as well playing Rheims.

8naksX.jpg

uRidFk.jpg

After the run of good play we were about to step up to better competition in AS Monaco. It was a match with a bit on intrigue since our goalie Subasic won Ligue1 with them in 2017.

z9qmkd.jpg

cMm93V.jpg

The game was well played by both sides Subasic was up for it and made seven saves....but couldn't make an eighth save in extra time to salvage the tie.

JZsKkt.jpg

In AS Monaco's next game they lost to PSG...

mSFBDP.jpg

Our next Game was against fellow promotee RC Lens...They had been overachieving as well and were in the European places!

They also brought a Scion of the Michelin Family to Clermont...

9aBMSU.jpg

He is quite the right back and we added him to the xmas list for next season.

The game was terrible we had a goal by Grbic taken away by Var and it went down hill from there.

xD4a0u.jpg

aR7rq9.jpg

That brings us to November's International break and we are in good shape...we have more points than games played.

mJmE46.jpg

Thanks for reading.

NawFaH.png

Regular Season 2020:November - Midseason Break

Schedule

ONbBNw.jpg

Looking at the Schedule Bernard was convinced this next bunch of games would prove critical to survival in Ligue1. Unfortunately PSG awaited at the end of the group of games to ruin Christmas. All the rest of the games were considered winnable if we played our best and kept up our recent form.

The first game back was against Bordeaux who were struggling a bit in 14th place since the International Call ups weren't all fully healthy. Bernard took chance and rotated some of the squad.

VahyiC.jpg

Grbic's early goal looked to put us to the good but a late highlight film shot in the 83rd minute dashed our hopes and cost us two points.

QPbSK1.jpg

The rotated players played well except for our wingers Gomis and Chef who were subbed off for ineffectiveness.

The next game was a Friday Night game at Home on Bernard's Birthday...Would the team give him a present?

XFFqcl.jpg

Cissohko's header early on was the difference but we could and should have scored more...

The next match was against Rennes who was in the Relegation Zone and recently hired a new manager....Bernard again rotated the squad with Gomis and Chef Featuring....

ABtV3O.jpg

The game was a complete fiasco in the First half....and this guy dominated us even though at least one of his goals was clearly offside...

AsSgj6.jpg

and Camavinga wasn't bad either...

9AuwQw.jpg

The next game was at home against Montpelier another Relegation Struggler...All First String players...

CiBJtw.jpg

Montpellier fought hard and were combative but eventually made the breakthrough with Grbic scoring in the closing minutes.

but the win came at a cost, will it end up being a pyrrhic victory?

OeQFcn.jpg

8Mq3Yf.jpg

vl2pDt.jpg 

The defense is decimated...INJURY CRISIS!

In better news the first look at our Youth Intake....

QG1nbn.jpg

and our French Cup match has been decided.

5WvoCk.jpg

It is a decent match to play for Fitness and Rotation.

our game against Table Proppers Brest was a tight affair....

DMMa45.jpg

rSTNVg.jpg

We came out on top but there were glaring defensive problems.....

And now for the pregame of our match against the Galactic Empire PSG!

xIhD70.jpg

Not a bad starting lineup.....

whB1Vx.jpg

I think we might be in trouble....

nxrQHM.jpg

Mbappe and Neymar especially feasted on the inexperience of our Fullbacks (ratings in the 5.5 range) it was an ugly game the only standout was DLP Baiye.

after the game Bernard gave Neymar some admiration....

g3OP7D.jpg

That Brings us to the mid season Break....

nmrPvT.jpg

The team is still in good shape table wise after the drubbing by PSG.

PLAYER OF MONTH

mS5fAK.jpg

TILL Cissokho has been ever present for us this season and has been one of the reasons for our amazing season.

8rPsY3.jpg

Not bad attributes for a starting Ligue1 Central Defender that is just 20 years old especially when you see who he is compared with...

23oDxc.jpg

being compared to Van Dijk is great Clermont have a future star defender.

That is all for now thanks for reading.

Edited by Hootieleece
added images

NawFaH.png

Interlude: Staff and Training

Since we have hit the winter break, I figured I would touch upon an area I hadn't before. I am a relatively new FMer. I got started in 2014 to get myself hyped for the World Cup. I am a longtime GSG (EU IV, CK2, HOI4) player and play this as a bit like that, but I am old school and often play by the seat of my pants. I have learned a lot about the game reading numerous posts and applying it in numerous saves across the past 5 editions of the game. I respect the people who make spreadsheets and do a lot of analytic work for their saves. I don't do that mostly because I spend a lot doing excel spreadsheets for grading in my real job.  I play this as an escape and as a way to allow me to be in charge of a soccer team. (I wouldn't have the first clue about how to train a player in real life...might be able to get a Front Office job though)

After the self-indulgence....

The Staff

Bernard and his TikiTaka Crusade would be nowhere without the first team Coaching and Medical Staff. The Jury is still out on the Scouting Department.

xCk2Tq.jpg

As you can see We have a very good Coaching Staff especially GoalKeeping. All Staff were either here when we arrived or added via advertisements in the job center.

Criteria for coaches is favorite tactical formation must be one of the three trained and preferably TikiTaka Style also must have a "good" Personality.

As for Key Staff:

Our Assistant Emmanuel Gas was the one who convinced Bernard to use the TikiTaka Style in the Tactical Induction meeting.

kqVFJH.jpg

The HOYD isn't the greatest but he is a good tactical fit and has a good personality to affect the youth intake.

38hyPn.jpg

The General Manager was brought in just before Bernard was and has only limited authority, but is an affable guy for a German.

dFN7G1.jpg

Training

Training the team is shared between Bernard and the Backroom Staff. Emmanuel Gas for the First Team and the other Head Coaches for the other Team make up the General Training schedules and submit them to Bernard for final approval. Bernard always adds training sessions to the plans because he thinks the coaches are too soft on the players.  Bernard does train the team hard but has made sure they have access to top notch sports medicine. Recovery sessions after matches are a big feature of Bernard's training philosophy. Another feature is Team meals at local restaurant's after the recovery sessions especially after Home matches. Community Relations events are often held after Away matches before Home matches to generate enthusiasm for the team.

4dQ08Z.jpg

JCiyzm.jpg

As you can see Bernard leaves very little rest time for his charges in fact New Year's  is the only day off...because Bernard is a deeply religious man they went to church on Christmas.

H5NDPu.jpg

Each player is trained in his individual role within his unit.

and finally mentoring.

o6lJsN.jpg

Bernard only has two Groups the Professionals and the Resolute. To each he add at least one Influential player with correct personality to mentor younger players. To be a mentee a player must be under 23 and have an "undesirable" personality. Young players with correct personality are added as well to reinforce the message of the mentors.

Thanks for reading

Edited by Hootieleece
added words I forgot

30 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Good stuff man. Aren't the mentoring groups pretty large? I thought 4 was the ideal size, but I might be wrong.

Also what is this General Manager role?!

General Manager is American for Director of Football. In my game his job is to sort through the scouting reports and hire coaches for the lower teams.

I'm too lazy to optimize mentoring.... as long as a few players change personalities to those "good" ones I'm happy. 

Just now, Hootieleece said:

General Manager is American for Director of Football. In my game his job is to sort through the scouting reports and hire coaches for the lower teams.

I'm too lazy to optimize mentoring.... as long as a few players change personalities to those "good" ones I'm happy. 

Ah got it! Now it makes sense

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: January 2021

TdOPYs.jpg

January was going to be a tricky month with 5 fixtures and possibly as many as seven....but it turned out to be a great month!

The month started with Friendly against Kaiserlautern to help get the teams mind off of the loss to PSG.

7pMqg9.jpg

The game was played by a rotated squad and the team was rather listless...but we won.

Bernard was honored with the Ligue2 Manager of the Year Award...

RQVEFz.jpg

management was happy...

URnkZE.jpg

Cissokho was honored as Ligue1 Rookie of the Year!

MAoQDb.jpg

Berthomier was honored as Ligue2 Player of the Year!

DbvR4T.jpg

As the Transfer Window a bid came out of nowhere for one of our players....

TCOSAu.jpg

It would have shattered the Club record by $1.2M, but my replacement for him Chef hasn't quite panned out so it was rejected. Got in a hassle with his agent and had him fired.

Back to playing matches brought us the 10 round of the French Cup....Bernard played a rotated side even so we should have won easily....Unfortunately The 4-1-2-1-2 formation and parked the bus.

Winner came late after subbing in Grbic to lead the line.

ndzrm9.jpg

and as reward we visit Brittany...

m7Ao2O.jpg

We had a crucial six pointer at home against Amiens...(I forgot to upload the Screen shot)

That we played terribly in the First half. Bernard brought out the Hair Dryer at half time and N'Diaye responded early in the 2nd half by undressing the Fullback dribbling along the endline and chipping it home over the goalkeeper! (Wish I could save and post videos)

We ended up winning 2-0 easily.

In other News: Arsenal Legend Thierry Henry takes over FC Nantes!

6CCFBF.jpg

Rotated Squad with a League match in mind...

kbl6FN.jpg

Up Next :Amiens is becoming our B****!

GPAN8g.jpg

Bernard decided to upgrade the backline for next season

HQ9FYp.jpg

The reason for the rotation was a trip to  Big Brother's House in St. Etienne...The Analytics boys say that they are vulnerable to a 4-2-3-1 Wide...

H0ynDt.jpg

We played a close game at home maybe we can pull off an upset at their place...

TOOzha.jpg

Completely bossed them in the First half....a bit of a let down in the second half.

Media was surprised....

TOOzha.jpg

That Brings us to the Amiens match in the Coupe de France at Home. The bookies are beginning to give us a chance at home.

btWMHq.jpg

Bernard decided to play his strongest team to continue Amiens misery at our hands...

b7Y2vd.jpg

Allevinah had quite the day...he is upping his game after having the Transfer bid rejected.

and in the Quarterfinals we will play RC Lens @smp20:brock:

KjWuCw.jpg

and Finally we ended the month against Angers FCO.

TcwUqr.jpg

Another superb performance by Allevinah!

That brings us to the current Ligue1 Table....

eANBVN.jpg

Management Report

z4zVqm.jpg

weNjIn.jpg

Player of the Month

JrkhvL.jpg

Berthomier

GvMa3v.jpg

He woudn't have been my choice but he often does all the small things and doesn't get on the scoresheet...but he is the cog that makes this team go! He is not a natural AMC but is playing well in that role since I have no one ready to take it and allow him to play his most Deep Lying Playmaker position.

Thank you all again for reading.

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: February 2021

8HHBbp.jpg

If January was the best of times...February definitely felt closer to the worst of times. Bernard looked at the schedule and saw some winnable games. He wasn't really looking at the Ligue1 table...because he wanted to make sure  the team achieved safety. Especially with that Mythical Number of 40 that was so close. 

February started with the 3 of the Big Four of French Football strengthening their teams of fattening their bottom lines.

g4vDoF.jpg

Clermont's first test as a near top table team came against Nimes....Team must have been reading their press clippings....

TaO7La.jpg

while that lackluster performance was going on our Stadium which is under expansion was readied for our Coupe de France Quarterfinal.

0DBvO9.jpg

We had to play better if we were going to see off RC Lens....and keep our Cup dreams!

w3UZTc.jpg

It turned into a real dogfight....

mFT4r4.jpg

We dominated possession but just couldn't buy a goal. The match went to penalties and We came out on top! Bernard vowed to practice penalties before cup games in the future to calm his nerves.

We didn't have much time to rest on our laurels with the OL in 2nd place two days later....

pkGLMl.jpg

The game began well we scored twice including a Grbic penalty....OL scored just before half and played like supermen after the break.

aMtGYD.jpg

OL's play was lauded in the press...

ok8O9k.jpg

We had another tough match against ahead of us with OM at home

thRGuA.jpg

The game began similar to the OL match....with us going out to a lead....

rqsz1s.jpg

except we held on and Subasic played superbly.

That victory put Clermont over the Mythical 40 point line....

uTR5Ab.jpg

We headed into a winnable game with Relegation Candidates Strasbourg...it was a winnable game...

uTR5Ab.jpg

They parked the bus and Burnleyed us...the last minute goal was gutting and amazing at same time.

It was the substitute for Tim Weah that scored it. Maybe we shouldn't have tackled him as hard!

Bernard was outspoken in his criticism of "Parking the Bus" since he believed if he had done that with Clermont we would have lost every match!

RbBJzs.jpg

That end the month and let's give a glimpse of our next match...the Coupe de France Semi-Finals...

9lb2Aw.jpg

Ligue1 Table

GRdq7i.jpg

Management Report

eBF6yz.jpg

Another good month even with the dip in form.

cfLkUk.jpg

Finances are okay the cup run is keeping us afloat...

Thanks for Reading

44 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Still in a good league position, very good in fact. Best of luck in the big cup game!

Yes it is...I would love to keep it. This season reminds me of my save with Clermont on FM2015 that really made me fall in love with the game.  An optimal ending from a narrative and gameplay point of view, would be a historic cup victory or sneaking into European places.

I am not hopeful...just yet.  I know how razor thin the margins have been, Just look at our record 13-3-10. We either win or lose almost no in between. 

I am happy with the attacking philosophy so far it has allowed us to be in the position we are in. I doubt parking the bus would work for our team. too many small players especially on wings. 

Small players have no place in my club. I culled everybody under 5'5" but don't usually go lower than 5'9" in my teams. Turning some losses in to draws would be good, but you're finding a way to accumulate plenty of points in your attacking style.

14 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Small players have no place in my club. I culled everybody under 5'5" but don't usually go lower than 5'9" in my teams. Turning some losses in to draws would be good, but you're finding a way to accumulate plenty of points in your attacking style.

I am usually the same but I decided to do it differently. 

I still have some rules: No players under 5'5". I think the shortest in first team is 5'7". ( there are a couple real midgets in the reserves and youth team. I am not renewing their contracts, because I couldn't afford to mutual terminate them)

Central Defenders and Goal Keeper must be at Least 6'0" Tall.

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: March 2021

lecUUB.jpg

Because of the International Break at the end of the month there was a manageable number of games to be played.

First up was the Coupe de France Semi-Final that saw us travel to Brittany again to visit Brest.

9lb2Aw.jpg

We are underdogs because we are the visitors but it is a winnable match...

wzP4Uy.jpg

It was a thriller...we missed a bunch of set piece headers in the first half. They scored early in the second and we finally broke thru when our last sub Striker Donissa scored to equalize in the 83rd minute. Unfortunately he went down with an injury 2 minutes later. Down to ten men the team tried everything to score the winning goal. Penalties it was and their goalie was on his game saving our first two penalties and that was the difference.

The media was complimentary of our run...

lKlzgV.jpg

and Bernard said the team had to move on after the defeat....by making sure we didn't go on a losing streak.

5v0Sb0.jpg

That was because we had a match against Rheims not long after.....

Vrk7X5.jpg

We won in spite of our tiredness.

Since we were in the Euro Cup places and playing at home....we were now favorites to beat Dijon.

XS15QA.jpg

Bernard said playing at home made a difference...

j7GKxK.jpg

a game where we lived up to our clippings...

cEYDVX.jpg

and young player looking to break in shined...

mA9HhR.jpg

and after that victory the board offered Bernard an extension to his contract.

kQEq98.jpg

Youth Intake Day

kJykRq.jpg

no real winners here but we'll see if we can develop a couple into decent players.

and back to the Season. We had a big match against AS Monaco at home that would help solidify our bonafides as a Top team.

The Analytics department believed our formation would work well against them.

2mNsoT.jpg

Even though Monaco were the favorites

qBs2NN.jpg

and our goalie Subasic had something to prove....

aosltf.jpg

leading to a hard fought match...

I0ZmAo.jpg

That was the last match before the International Break....

9vc0Ck.jpg

and we sit in 5th place!

The PSG Domination is unreal....their Goal Difference is 87!

they have scored 100 goals already next best total 44!

DQ5bik.jpg

Player of the Month

p0v7Ph.jpg

Adrian Grbic came in second place for Ligue 1 Player of the month.

5V4CkP.jpg

7uL5WL.jpg

one can see he isn't the most talented player but he can score in Ligue1. He is a current Austrian International albeit a sub.

Management Report

BbeDtK.jpg

iD83fP.jpg

and finally a glimpse at the start of next month....

u8w1CL.jpg

The analytics boys like our chances against Lens to begin next month.

Thanks for Reading.

Edited by Hootieleece
added images

5 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Making excellent progress with Clermont, unlucky to lose on penalties against Brest but you certainly didn't chicken it. Good luck for the remaining games :cool:

Bernard doesn't know how to "Chicken it"....his mentality is always Positive or higher...

Also the fans and board enjoy our "entertaining soccer"....even though when I watch I see lots of back passes....

You're doing great so far in your first season in Ligue 1.If you can keep this up then you may be able to clinch a European spot.

PSG with a goal difference of +87,that is really scary as the best they have done in my save was +88!

2 minutes ago, B.W.G said:

You're doing great so far in your first season in Ligue 1.If you can keep this up then you may be able to clinch a European spot.

PSG with a goal difference of +87,that is really scary as the best they have done in my save was +88!

I fixed the screen shot that showed PSG had scored 100 goals in 30 games!

12 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

I don't mind small players actually... circa Pep's Barca side 

@Hootieleece - very unlucky in the cup there. However hope you can keep the form going and make it to Europe!

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: April 2021

hKlQJg.jpg

Bernard saw a less hectic schedule coming up in April that would allow him to actually field ALL of his starters at the same time. all of the matches were winnable even though Clermont was becoming known as "home" team.

The first match was against Lens our fellow promoted side that was also overachieving. Even though they had improved their squad with new players.

WNJdY0.jpg

at the same time PSG was trying to win the title...

moJ6nL.jpg

We made a hash of it. Our defense was undone by RB Phojo's inability to remember the we were playing offside trap. 

BRSiLX.jpg

QTeYh7.jpg[/URL

our safety from relegation was confirmed by this email.

ZQuSfn.jpg

No big celebrations. Bernard was going for broke and the dream of European Nights.

The next match was against who were underachieving as much as we were overachieving...good place to get back on track.

D2QhCY.jpg

eHOXbl.jpg

The Analysts are unsure but Bernard thinks we should beat Bordeaux.

and in other news the Galactic Empire crushed the hopes of the rest of Ligue1....with 7 matches to go.

xQfK1f.jpg

The game was a back and forth affair with Clermont coming out on top.

0WnerN.jpg

and the team signed a player for development next season.

umTnXO.jpg

The next Game with Lille was tough...it took an 86th minute goal from Jaby to equalize and allow us to escape with our lives....

D6Bf1S.jpg

The Next game against Rennes was pivotal but the Nerds were positive our formation would work wonders.

8XZPRy.jpg

rOiIhl.jpg

and it did with a dominant defensive performance.

That was the last game of April but since it was crucial Bernard decided to keep the momentum going.

It was a crucial away match that Clermont usually bottles somehow....

LDkf7k.jpg

CcbYYU.jpg

Magnificent game led by N'Diaye....

irAFy2.jpg

As you can see we are in a great position to capture a European Playoff place...the race is going to be tight. I have a home match against PSG so I have to win the other two and hope.

Management Report

lHz2A3.jpg

Board is still happy.

vjROch.jpg

Running a little in the red...but should be fine. Depending on prize money for Ligue1 place.

Player of the Month

011OUV.jpg

Allasane N'Diaye

8OdvdS.jpg

Another of the journeymen playing over his head. Not great but has been performing as Robin to Grbic's Batman scoring goals.

Thanks for reading

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: May 2021

This will be a relatively short update because due to number of screenshots I am splitting it up. I all should be in chronological order.

WX3tgc.jpg

After the big win over Montpelier had revenge on his mind because Brest had denied him in the Coupe de France Semi-Final.

Ge9o6R.jpg

2yt28d.jpg

It was a great victory and gave us a little payback for the Cup Loss...Grbic scored some highlight goals.

Now comes the match Bernard dreaded the only thing Clermont had was that after clinching the title the might be complacent. Otherwise their lineup was the stuff of nightmares.

FsCoiZ.jpg

and here's the whole squad...

FDIG31.jpg

the analytics boys take...

bW8EBz.jpg

It doesn't look good...

gDqNVh.jpg

Neymar terrorized us last time but we have to deal with this....

268zmc.jpg

and on to the game...

wue675.jpg

The game was all theirs for 79 minutes....Bernard exhorted his team one last time and changed mentality...to the most extreme offensive. 2 goals in 5 minutes shocked PSG and got us the point.

which qualified us for Euro Cup!

LIeHA6.jpg

The board didn't give us much money....

3XzNmR.jpg

That left one last game for the season...a trip to Nantes against the team against which it all began...

ahyumW.jpg

and that ends the season.

The board basically gave us this year's prize money as our wage budget for next year...

15KkXP.jpg

Here is the Final Table....

3RUcc2.jpg

Thanks for Reading.

5 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Well done! Great stuff in qualifying for europa 

That transfer budget leaves a lot to be desired though 

It looks like free transfers and or cheap again...and supplementing the budget by budget adjustment once the Europa money comes in at January Transfer window.

NawFaH.png

End of Season Results:2021

It was another season of dreams in Clermont not only did the team survive in Ligue1it excelled I think it is because the team was underestimated.

qAjYdY.jpg

UjWMhF.jpg

The Squad listed by Average Rating

qDIDRK.jpg

Like last season the team was led by the Three Musketeers...Grbic, Berthomier, and Cissokho.

As for how TikiTaka style did in the League...

FnFOpI.jpg

scored a respectable 53 goals...

and Grbic despite several Goal droughts in Season scored the third most goals in the League! Behind Mbappe and Neymar!

GAgIZP.jpg

also the team led the league in possession with 62%.

End of Season 2021: The Awards Show

tYM7WJ.jpg

Free agent signings Rene Khrin and Daniejl Subasic go straight to the team Hall of Fame.

tYM7WJ.jpg

The Fans had their say....

BwqAcO.jpg

1lLDcf.jpg

EV6L46.jpg

Manager's Awards:

Without the three mainstays of the team without which we would be lost...

Adrian Grbic

9AqFBk.jpg

He is mercurial but a goal scoring machine.

He was Third in the League

zHhXft.jpg

Jason Berthomier

3Rs4k0.jpg

He isn't flashy but controls the match with passing and Set Pieces

Till Cissokho

oG5kQ2.jpg

Main stay of our defense rates comparisons to a young Virgil van Dijk.

and Cissokho won this award...

rMXhDQ.jpg

and named to the Ligue1 Best XI!

pw1qzF.jpg

Regular Season: May 2021

Adrian Grbic's performances in our last three matches was rewarded...

0kcqc9.jpg

The board added another Club Culture....

BxDRlk.jpg

They want to sign under 23 players for first team. That is hard without transfer money....

The team will be playing in Chateauroux next season because of the stadium construction in Clermont...

G0TC0Z.jpg

and Bernard got this insulting Ballot for Manager of the Year....

34CFkw.jpg

Management Report

[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/pnr3mKqsj]r3mKqs.jpg[/URL]

Management is still happy.

MENxaZ.jpg

and the Fiances are in good shape....but could be better.

Thanks for reading.

1 hour ago, karanhsingh said:

Great stuff!! How big is your new stadium going to be?

Our own Stadium won't be ready until July 2023!

We are renting this Stadium about an hour or so away from a National Team.

6Uvx43.jpg

fRAoej.jpg

1 hour ago, Travis Bickle said:

Really like your progress and posting style! May I ask which leagues you loaded for your save? 

Thanks. I still make image posting mistakes since I do it direct to the forum rather than creating and editing another document.

these are the loaded leagues....

gQm4II.jpg

NawFaH.png

Silly Season: June 2021

The Commercial report came in....were making progress...

0HPSLH.jpg

Our most important signing of the offseason a new left back. Trichard has been decent but I felt an upgrade could help. 

YnIDLm.jpg

He is a Turkish International...hopefully he does well...he cost half the transfer budget.

Our Two seasons have given us a small boost in reputation a good Euro run and another season not being relegated would do wonders.

Xo5LAH.jpg

and the Press Finally Reviewed the Season.

BxQMiT.jpg

The schedule came out we start out in our new home against a similar opponent.

dEYapJ.jpg

the Clermont 2 assistant manager I was grooming for AssMan role couldn't wait....

0OP0QQ.jpg

and June ended with us starting the Preseason....

lWbtYN.jpg

The First Team put the Reserves in their place.

And June ended with a Press Conference...

NCybJF.jpg

With all the new faces Bernard decided to bring in....

Transfers

Pi2WQB.jpg

This collection of players was found in collaboration between the Scouting and Analytics departments using the Find Similar players button to search the scouting database...and the scouting and analyzing potential signings. Since Bernard has to get these signings right.

It is a similar strategy that I used last year to bring in Rene Khrin and Daniejl Subasic.

Pi2WQB.jpg

The new Left Back to replace after a season for the unlamented N'Siamba.

hzMRAR.jpg

brought in to upgrade the Ball Playing defender position and replace Club Captain Ogier in the starting lineup.

noJmxm.jpg

Samba to become a steady backup to starter Phojo at Right Back.

pi2FOO.jpg

Ike Ugbo comes from Chelsea on a Free to give Grbic a quality deputy up front.

G9KiU2.jpg

Alex Vincent comes up from Rouen to be a Utility Attacking midfielder for us ....he was recommended because he similar to Berthomier.

jDwxiM.jpg

Young Marc Helm comes to us as the long term replacement for Berthomier and will have to fight for his place in the starting XI with another young player Rajot.

Management Report

PaB2Dt.jpg

The Board is still happy even though they won't allow me to go on a coaching course....

xHdNgv.jpg

The Financials are healthy.

Thanks for Reading.

2 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Our own Stadium won't be ready until July 2023!

We are renting this Stadium about an hour or so away from a National Team.

Yes I meant your new stadium what will the size be? 

Nice post season update, I must admit I don't know any of the players you brought in except Ugbo from England so seems like some good scouting. 

1 hour ago, karanhsingh said:

Yes I meant your new stadium what will the size be? 

Nice post season update, I must admit I don't know any of the players you brought in except Ugbo from England so seems like some good scouting. 

Gabriel-Mont-Pied Stadium (our current stadium) holds 10,545 seats. It is being expanded by 5,650 seats, but won't be finished until July 2023.

As for Scouting I use the in game tools as much as possible and try to avoid players that I have used in other saves if possible. Because I try to roleplay the manager. especially when I don't have unlimited funds playing a lesser known team.

I usually only play top teams when they become available organically in a save. No starting at the top for me.

That helps keep me from flooding the forum and facebook with "I need a player for my team who do you suggest?" or "Why is Haalland not scoring for me?"

Edited by Hootieleece
added words I forgot

16 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

superb !  your finances look very good.

considering we started 2019 with just enough money in Ligue2 to pay the wage budget of $5M/year. For all my complaints it is good.

NawFaH.png

Preseason: July 2021

The offseason was decent but the lack of funds for Payroll and Transfers by the board have scaled back Bernard's plans. As always he played 2 matches a week to get conditioning up and used all of his tactics to give familiarity. He also liberally used Recovery, Community Relations, and Team Bonding Sessions. 

2GB0DO.jpg

As you can see a bunch of Differnt teams were played in Friendly's most were morale builders but two were against Premier Clubs.

4PXCGx.jpg

This game was even for about the first thirty minutes...We even took the lead and had another goal taken away. Then Arsenal woke up.

4PXCGx.jpg

The other important friendly was against AS St.Etienne we hosted.

elYzng.jpg

Game was even and Chef won the game for us...

After the Preseason Friendly the bookies and the press let us know we were underdogs again.

2SMfmx.jpg

Team Analytics

The Facts about the team

3YQpWO.jpg

The General Comparison with rest of Ligue1

Es0fhV.jpg

our best category Technical

aJIQo3.jpg

Physical Comparison...

lyhza6.jpg

Mental Comparison...

bkyZBP.jpg

Group Dynamics

j9XW7b.jpg

We are cohesive and a have good teamwork to make up for our deficiencies.

Management Report

vtQAZI.jpg

The Board is happy even with the Transfers!

vtQAZI.jpg

Finances are good.

Thanks for Reading!

PS.   I have added a few leagues for next season.

vI5WGA.jpg

13 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Gabriel-Mont-Pied Stadium (our current stadium) holds 10,545 seats. It is being expanded by 5,650 seats, but won't be finished until July 2023.

As for Scouting I use the in game tools as much as possible and try to avoid players that I have used in other saves if possible. Because I try to roleplay the manager. especially when I don't have unlimited funds playing a lesser known team.

I usually only play top teams when they become available organically in a save. No starting at the top for me.

That helps keep me from flooding the forum and facebook with "I need a player for my team who do you suggest?" or "Why is Haalland not scoring for me?"

I do the same!! Best of luck for the new season :thup:

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: August 2021

Bernard wanted to get off to a good start the first month of games was important because with the Euro Cup Fixtures would come thick and fast from September onwards.

There was little in the way of change in the line up. Diasi replaced Ogier at Center Back. Berthomier our new Captain moved back to take the DLP duties. Leaving his old no.10 role to Vincent and Helm.

and we had a new left back Umas who was settling nicely.

ZhlrUI.jpg

The month opened with Bernard being reminded of expectations by the board.

KgSNit.jpg

That meant the first game was nearing and the Analytics boys were optimistic.

NTmzOY.jpg

The former coach who Bernard abruptly replaced was questioned about him...

rLpTwp.jpg

The Bookies thoughts on the season opener...

NCWYn6.jpg

The match was a good one and was a real seesaw affair but team finally took control in the 2nd half. Led by Grbic's Hat trick!

Ocac6t.jpg

N'Diaye a central figure Robin to Grbic's Batman broke his collarbone and is out for 7 weeks!

We broke attendance records at our rented stadium 90 minutes from Clermont!

iR0kgk.jpg

After that win another game came a week later against FC Nantes...another game where the Analytics said we had a chance.

uZmgZB.jpg

The match was even until just before half time....Bernard told the boys they were playing well but need some improvement...it worked.

YQOhtr.jpg

Next up was the toughest game of the month...AS Monaco at our new home...

vtICNy.jpg

Bernard talked the board into some facilities work.....

vtICNy.jpg

Data Analysis facilities

UMyCsL.jpg

and the Youth Training facilities.

This is important since we don't have a lot of money we need to develop at least some of our own players for the first team.

and the Analyst thought we might have a chance.

EYrEtH.jpg

The Group Stage of the Euro Cup was drawn

kyuSxH.jpg

and we have a group we should be able to compete in barring injuries.

Bernard was worried about AS Monaco's powerful attack and changed formation to a 4-1-4-1 Wide....

HbbzPu.jpg

Bernard's fears were justified and Khrin played magnificently as a DM. but it was not to be.

The last match of the month was against Angers....

AH9ogV.jpg

Some last minute injuries caused about 3 key changes to the lineup.

kQrwYX.jpg

and that proved decisive because for all our possession missing players like Berthomier ,our Set Piece Specialist , limited our Attacking Ability.

That brings us to League Table...

Akr6hR.jpg

The loss to Angers will hurt but gaining 7 out of 12 points will help our cause in the League.

Player of the Month

Adrian Grbic

5V4CkP.jpg

Ligue 1 Transfer Round UP

Q3BG6m.jpg

PSG added Harry Kane up front because Mbappe's 30 League goals last season weren't enough.

KTTkyK.jpg

Management Report

B2HRCm.jpg

The board is happy even if we are a little over the payroll budget.

DcAZmk.jpg

The Finances are looking good the $3M from Euro Cup Group stage really helped the bottom line.

Thanks for reading!

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: September 2021

969UOU.jpg

Bernard knew there would be a lot of fixtures in September because of the Euro Cup. He had a plan. Play the starters in the Ligue 1 matches and the backups in Euro Cup. His reasoning, He only had to be "competitive" in Euro Cup but had to avoid regulation in the Ligue1.

The Team opened the month with Guingamp at our new home...a winnable match. Just what was needed to arrest the slide.

The team put on a dominant performance in which they kept Guingamp from getting a shot on target. Leading to a 2-0 win.

After the Break came the first Euro Cup Match...a Trip to Turkey.

The bookies were pessimistic....

Wiv41n.jpg

Bernard was confident that the Backups wouldn't embarrass us.

O981xx.jpg

He was right! The match was very even and a late miss by Chef cost us all 3 points.

The trip to Brittany was up next...and the analytics boys were confident. Bernard's plan would be put to the test.

952GnY.jpg

0DX09Z.jpg

It was just one of those games...nothing went right: Headers over the goal, long shots hitting the post, etc.

Clermont had to come home after that performance to RC Lens. Lens wasn't playing well and it was at home.

lHDEn5.jpg

In an unusual move Bernard rested both Berthomier and Grbic by making them subs for the game.

8gPHa8.jpg

The game was more of the same but the introduction of Grbic at halftime was a masterstroke.

Amiens away awaited us and their early red hot form had them in 2nd place....We have owned them the past 2 seasons but Bernard was wary.

MzA3rm.jpg

The first half we were playing well but only got 1 goal....

ckfhTH.jpg

The second half we played well until Umas gave up the own goal.

That brings us to the last match of the month

A Euro Cup Home match against Astana....

NRqa62.jpg

It wasn't much of a match, Clermont2 played us tougher in the preseason friendly. It was a good game for the Backups.

That brings us to the League table

R7Vqth.jpg

Player of the Month

Berthomier

GvMa3v.jpg

Our new Captain has been leading by example on the pitch while settling into the deep midfield. He is becoming a field general!

Management Report

gYhHki.jpg

Board is happy.

QrKUhk.jpg

Finances are solid.

Thanks for Reading!

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: October 2021

rzjZKm.jpg

Bernard knew that October would be a difficult month due to the number of fixtures. He would keep to plan Starters for Ligue1 and backups for Euro Cup. 

The month began shortly after the victory over Astana with the always difficult OL.

It would be his 100th game in charge.

9tDQoX.jpg

The game was expected to have a big crowd....

BM05SZ.jpg

In other news former club captain Jonathan Iglesias who was demoted at the beginning of the season and was finding it hard to break into the lineup. Was transfer listed and clubs in his native Uruguay fell all over themselves for him.

33XQYW.jpg

He was still able to play just not for us....

YqJ0dj.jpg

his problem was that I had better utility players and leaders in the team now.

The Analytics Boys thought we would have a chance against OL if we played the 4--1-4-1 Wide...

uaQDIZ.jpg

So Bernard listened to them and changed formation....

It was a total mistake! Memphis Depay....did his best Ronaldo imitation against us leading to a devastating 0-5 defeat.

The next game was winnable if we could over come the dip in morale.

The game was against Dijon FC and the Analytics suggested the 4-1-4-1 Wide again...

uaQDIZ.jpg

EwOT6k.jpg

We played much better but were let down by a late goal...

gxYiJr.jpg

We had a match midweek against Partizan in the Euro Cup.

We didn't know much about them...this is what the Scouts could dig up.

ncAzNv.jpg

The backups played well after an early goal by Partizan...

sOIoRS.jpg

but we couldn't take advantage when up a man even though I brought Grbic and Berthomier in off the bench. We thru away 2 points.

shortly after the match in Croatia we headed home to host OGC Nice. They were ahead of us in the table but Bernard thought the match was winnable.

OMamNW.jpg

The Analytics boys thought our primary formation the 4-2-3-1 Wide worked against them...

3AbZ8e.jpg

AHncWC.jpg

This was a bizarre game in which they scored first we responded they went back ahead and then went down a man....

FJf8Ey.jpg

We threw everything but the kitchen sink at the goal...but just couldn't get the winning goal.

We hit the post/crossbar so many times it was brought up in the press conference!

n8SoBa.jpg

After that maddening tie the team had to visit "Big Brother" AS St. Etienne...

B9hHnW.jpg

The match was even but it was more of the same....we just can't finish...

OAbE6a.jpg

The media had a lot to say about the match...

7P6rfT.jpg

and our scoring woes...

9fGCVA.jpg

That brings the month to an end.

The League Table and Team Leaders

TB08JF.jpg

Eventhough we aren't winning we still have more points than games played. As long as the point total stays that way we should avoid regulation.

The Problem is that other than Grbic we have no real goal scoring threat. Grbic disappears for spells...

Also Subasic's age is catching up to him.

Adrian Grbic is in third place for goals in Ligue1!

ZXt7Py.jpg

Player of the Month

5V4CkP.jpg

even though we are failing to win his goals are keeping us getting points.

Management Report

HlRrCZ.jpg

The board is Happy.

ZfRF7a.jpg

Finances are healthy.

Thanks for reading.