[FM20] Isle of Man Database (D2 + National Team w/ Euro/NL Qualifying)

Isle of Man Database

vSYIw177_400x400.jpg

Featuring:

• A complete, accurate Isle of Man league system with 26 teams across 2 divisions
  • Correct information for all 26 teams
  • Conference League/Europa League/Champions League qualification
  • Isle of Man national team activated, competing in the Nations League, EURO Championship and World Cup
  • New cities, regions and media sources added
  • Real-life players added to some Isle of Man clubs
  • Pre-existing IoM players now have primary/secondary nationality
  • IoM players will occasionally generate in UK nations
  • FC Isle of Man added to the database as an inactive Lower League club in England

Screenshots:

2iSEEcV.png xBZ52hn.png PZ511qs.png

66Ey6R6.png CJMVpX6.png NLcaiMB.png

Known Issues:

• Upon turning professional, IoM clubs will spam buy Northern Irish/English players. Personally I have no problem with this, as I think it's realistic a club turning professional would buy better players from a larger talent pool. However I've added a second file which implements a 7 Home Grown Player minimum on matchday squads for people who want a save with more local players
  • Some real-life players may have incorrect positions, heights and weights. This is due to the lack of real world data for these players. If you can provide this information, please do.

Recommendations:

I highly recommend selecting "Add Players to Playable Teams" and unticking "Do Not Add Key Staff", as many teams do not have real players and non have staff members due to lack of real-life information. I would also highly encourage playing with at least England and Northern Ireland loaded, as these leagues will generate Manx players occasionally,  

Downloads:

Isle of Man Leagues + NT Database (Tested until 2055 with no issues)

Isle of Man Leagues + NT Database (With HG Player Rule) (Tested until 2055 with no issues)

Club and Nation Logos

This file took a lot of effort to get working and create, so please share your progress if you are using this database for a save. Please also link me to any Career Updates threads using this database, as I love following along with them.

If you see this file uploaded anywhere aside from here, please let me know ASAP as it is likely they have taken it without my permission. I'll include any exceptions below.

Edited by Rainbowz

Thanks for this - will give this a shot.

Just one thing - I cannot get the Logos to work. I have copied & pasted the files in my logo folder and re-loaded skin etc but still not showing up if you can provide any assistance?

Thanks

20 minutes ago, diddy1990 said:

Thanks for this - will give this a shot.

Just one thing - I cannot get the Logos to work. I have copied & pasted the files in my logo folder and re-loaded skin etc but still not showing up if you can provide any assistance?

Thanks

Do you have any other logo packs installed? The IDs can clash with other logos and not display. Other than that, clear the cache in FM before reloading the skin data.

I have mine in FM20 > Graphics > Logos | Then the 3 folders in the .zip and it works.

22 minutes ago, Rainbowz said:

Do you have any other logo packs installed? The IDs can clash with other logos and not display. Other than that, clear the cache in FM before reloading the skin data.

I have mine in FM20 > Graphics > Logos | Then the 3 folders in the .zip and it works.

Thanks, really baffling as I have done everything I normally would (cleared cache, reloading skin data etc) and removed all other logos just to try and get these to work but still not working.

I have the 3 folders in FM2020/Graphics/Logos

Edited by diddy1990

43 minutes ago, diddy1990 said:

Thanks, really baffling as I have done everything I normally would (cleared cache, reloading skin data etc) and removed all other logos just to try and get these to work but still not working.

I have the 3 folders in FM2020/Graphics/Logos

You need to check every ID and reconfigure the config.xlm file, as the IDs are dynamic (for those created clubs/competitions)

2 hours ago, krakonico said:

You need to check every ID and reconfigure the config.xlm file, as the IDs are dynamic (for those created clubs/competitions)

I have never configured an xlm file as I wouldn't know how too - I have no other logos loaded and it still doesn't work.

Doesn't matter I will move on to something more suitable :thup:

5 minutes ago, diddy1990 said:

I have never configured an xlm file as I wouldn't know how too - I have no other logos loaded and it still doesn't work.

Doesn't matter I will move on to something more suitable :thup:

Just follow the guide.

4 minutes ago, diddy1990 said:

I am aware how to install logos/graphics etc as I said I already had them installed - worked perfectly.

Yours don't. 

Those aren't my files, but if you don't know how to edit the config.xlm then it wont work as inteded, as the creator just put the names because it is using his database as the first.

Then you need to go to every folder and find the config.xlm and change some information.  You open the file with "notepad" or any text editor.  Then you will find something like this:

<record>
	<!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- don't preload anything in this folder -->
	<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->
	<boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<!-- picture mappings -->
	<!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positions
		in the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into any
		place in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphics
		files from the correct places
	-->

<list id="maps">
		<record from="71073944" to="graphics/pictures/club/71073944/logo"/>
	</list>
</record>

For all these lines, the important is this one, the first number is the name of the file, the second number is the Club's ID.

<record from="71073944" to="graphics/pictures/club/71073944/logo"/>

As probably, and correct me if I'm wrong, you are using other custom databases.  That's what's causing your problems.   You need to edit every line in the normal and small folder config.xlm with the new ID of the club.

I'm not sure why the graphics work in such a weird way and I'm sorry if it's because something I've done. I'll see about better optimizing them for use by everyone

8 hours ago, Rainbowz said:

I'm not sure why the graphics work in such a weird way and I'm sorry if it's because something I've done. I'll see about better optimizing them for use by everyone

It's not your fault, neither the other poster... is the way FM handles the club's ID of custom database.  For your instance, maybe when naming the kits you took the IDs on your save, and probably you only loaded that database (IoM).  If by any reason I download your DB and your kits, and put another custom database to load first, then I need to modify every "config.xlm" are in the kits you provided, since the internal ID's will change.  And the other problem is that FM applies the kits to the game, not to the save, let me explain:

CAse: I have three custom databases, and kits for two of them, brand new, recently downloaded and placed in the graphics without change.  Every kits was created by the db creator (or someone else) and applied as if that database is the only one running.

DB1: has 5 created clubs.  The rest are FM originals.

DB2: All clubs are created.

DB3: 20 clubs created, 10 FM originals.

Save 1: I load DB1, and place the kits and logos in graphics.  It will work fine.

Save 2: I load DB1 as first place, and DB2, and place logos and kits in graphics, without editing the config... in this case depending how FM loads the graphics, there will be five clubs in DB2 without logos, or the first five.  All DB1 logos will be misplaced.

And so on.

21 minutes ago, Bristol CityFC1981 said:

Amazing work. Didn’t you/ can you make a new nation and add them to FIFA UEFA or have you replaced a nation?

Thank you! I created a new one by editing an extinct nation on the Editor. I then moved Kazakhstan to Asia to balance out the european/international competitions.

Hi,

I have managed to get the Club Logos etc & League Logos to work but having difficulty on the Nation as it is picking up flags shown on the pictures attached below - any advise why & where it would be picking the Green Flag up from?

FYI - this is the only edited database running.

Nation Screen.jpg

Player Screen.jpg

Edited by diddy1990

10 hours ago, Bristol CityFC1981 said:

Has anyone given this a bash yet? How long before clubs turn semi pro / pro

In my tests I've had clubs going pro within 6-10 years. The league can get dominated by one team, so it takes the others some time to catch up. 

On 24/05/2020 at 15:40, Bristol CityFC1981 said:

Happy days going to start a long term save later. Like the San Marino challenge wanna try improving the National team over years. Have you set prize money and tv money? Ie will it improve as/if when the league improves 

Yeah, the prize money increases with reputation. I've not set any TV money by default, but I know from experience if the league gets really high rep, TV revenue will auto-generate.

On 24/05/2020 at 20:13, kieko1986 said:

really great db but sadly cant use at the same time as greenland db as both where created with the extinct ireland nation same with the falklands db

Thanks! It's a shame, I'd be tempted to work with Dan and see about getting the Falklands DB working alongside this one, but it would likely take a lot of effort and trial and error. FM20 is pretty unstable with custom DBs at the best of times, so there's also the worry that two new nations DBs working at the same time would cause some weird errors.

23 hours ago, Rainbowz said:

Thanks! It's a shame, I'd be tempted to work with Dan and see about getting the Falklands DB working alongside this one, but it would likely take a lot of effort and trial and error. FM20 is pretty unstable with custom DBs at the best of times, so there's also the worry that two new nations DBs working at the same time would cause some weird errors.

ah no worries don't give yourself more work than you have to i can always just have a second save and use the Isle of man thanks for all the hard work you do for these great databases much appreciated 

19 hours ago, Bristol CityFC1981 said:

Started a save with the team predicted to finish bottom of division 2, Braddan AFC! I’ll let you know how it goes haha 

Awesome, please do! I love to hear how people are doing using my DBs.

On 26/05/2020 at 21:23, kieko1986 said:

ah no worries don't give yourself more work than you have to i can always just have a second save and use the Isle of man thanks for all the hard work you do for these great databases much appreciated 

Thanks for the appreciation!

On 25/05/2020 at 16:54, Rainbowz said:

I have two custom nations and they worked fine.  You just need to know which nations they are based on

But as I have a save with three nations in Europa, and I have moved two nations (one to Asia, a second to North America) and extincted one, I have the issue of the Europa League don't start the group stage, therefor it won't finish in the first season, but I think it will work the second season, as they are taking clubs for the new three 'European' competitions to fill them.

On 30/05/2020 at 00:33, krakonico said:

I have two custom nations and they worked fine.  You just need to know which nations they are based on

But as I have a save with three nations in Europa, and I have moved two nations (one to Asia, a second to North America) and extincted one, I have the issue of the Europa League don't start the group stage, therefor it won't finish in the first season, but I think it will work the second season, as they are taking clubs for the new three 'European' competitions to fill them.

Yeah, I think FM is kind of good at sorting things out after the first season. Either that or it completely breaks.

To be honest the thing I'd love most would be incorporating an English Lower Leagues DB with those one so FC Isle of Man could be a playable team. However doing the lower leagues of England is a huge task (as shown by the efforts from Dan and messi on this forum) and I'm not about to steal either of their efforts just to get 1 team working.

• 5 months later...

I'm customizing your mod to make it compatible with Dan's England pyramid mod.

By searching the cities, I wonder why you set "Douglas (Isle of Man)" with England nation rather Isle of Man. Did you forget to edit or this was by precaution?

edit: never mind, it was my own edit

Edited by Shenmue-X

On 03/11/2020 at 10:06, Shenmue-X said:

I'm customizing your mod to make it compatible with Dan's England pyramid mod.

By searching the cities, I wonder why you set "Douglas (Isle of Man)" with England nation rather Isle of Man. Did you forget to edit or this was by precaution?

edit: never mind, it was my own edit

Go for it. I did it myself, but didn't get a reply from Dan to use the file I'd made, so I didn't release it in case he didn't want his file being co-opted.

On 04/11/2020 at 17:27, Rainbowz said:

Go for it. I did it myself, but didn't get a reply from Dan to use the file I'd made, so I didn't release it in case he didn't want his file being co-opted.

Did you send me a message or was it a comment somewhere on here cos I haven't seen anything 😂

15 hours ago, Dan BHTFC said:

Did you send me a message or was it a comment somewhere on here cos I haven't seen anything 😂

Think I put a message in the thread a while back, probably got buried under requests for the next update. I could be misremembering though.

• 2 months later...