Unofficial French League Superthread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been looking for a new idea for a save after getting bored with my current Arsenal save and stumbled upon this thread! I managed ASSE as part of a multi-club save on FM18 and really enjoyed the 4 seasons I spent there before getting sacked lol.

I only have 2 choices to make really, which team to be and full fat or Touch! There are so many good sides in France when you scratch the surface, I've narrowed it down to ASSE (for sentimental reasons), Rennes, Metz or Bordeaux.

Once I find  the right club & decide which version to play I will join in here and update you on my failings :lol:

40 minutes ago, raymondafc said:

I've been looking for a new idea for a save after getting bored with my current Arsenal save and stumbled upon this thread! I managed ASSE as part of a multi-club save on FM18 and really enjoyed the 4 seasons I spent there before getting sacked lol.

I only have 2 choices to make really, which team to be and full fat or Touch! There are so many good sides in France when you scratch the surface, I've narrowed it down to ASSE (for sentimental reasons), Rennes, Metz or Bordeaux.

Once I find  the right club & decide which version to play I will join in here and update you on my failings :lol:

All your choices are pretty sound, I'd recommend looking at Nantes too.....look forwards to reading your posts....good luck

42 minutes ago, raymondafc said:

Hey, I wanted to play with ASSE but I hadn't really been able to play until now because of work, don't want to play a save another user in this thread does and also really like Lille's logo and stadium which for some reason is really important to me because I have to look at it every 2 minutes, lol. You take ASSE, I take Lille, deal? :D

Right so Pre-Season has just finished, looking forwards to our first foray into Ligue 1.

Here's my transfer business (summer Season 2)

image.thumb.png.de6475d0e52e8b9fe36fe39a0b36c275.png

First Team and tactic

image.thumb.png.8ce31056fa10809268256116df2a3e46.png

First Team Squad (Missing Lasme off the screen shot)

image.thumb.png.3255873ab8fcbba31e12de6258b43670.png

Lasme - My starting striker

image.thumb.png.81000fab632a8effd96d0dd7ee8042a7.png

Sochaux Star man

image.thumb.png.f307d73d20f1139203a1fb90148e2135.png

This player was signed during the summer and has played very well, he's very much in the same mould as Kebbeh

image.thumb.png.e422b5a2408df323d1411210f8f97749.png

Here's the Season 2 opening fixtures

image.thumb.png.24fcc46872f0bce45fc825538a1fdf96.png

@AddicksFan I like the signing of Eboa Eboa and Zouzoua. Fonsinho looks generously rated still in FM so makes sense. He seems to have disappeared IRL (not literally but in football development) so you should be able to give him the career he isn't quite having. Aubertin probably has random stats, in my game he is very small, weak and limited (Generation Foot are one of my feeder affiliates). Good luck in Ligue 1 and enjoy the ride.

@bendixkunert2 Lille would be a great choice. If ASSE aren't taken elsewhere, would you still be Lille?

@raymondafc It will be great to have you on board. ASSE are a good pick, they have great traditions, very passionate fans and in general are a club that has been underwhelming for years and years. The added spice of a real grudge derby with OL to enjoy too.

4 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

@AddicksFan I like the signing of Eboa Eboa and Zouzoua. Fonsinho looks generously rated still in FM so makes sense. He seems to have disappeared IRL (not literally but in football development) so you should be able to give him the career he isn't quite having. Aubertin probably has random stats, in my game he is very small, weak and limited (Generation Foot are one of my feeder affiliates). Good luck in Ligue 1 and enjoy the ride.

@bendixkunert2 Lille would be a great choice. If ASSE aren't taken elsewhere, would you still be Lille?

@raymondafc It will be great to have you on board. ASSE are a good pick, they have great traditions, very passionate fans and in general are a club that has been underwhelming for years and years. The added spice of a real grudge derby with OL to enjoy too.

Thanks fella

1 minute ago, Jogo Bonito said:

probably, yes. They interest me a great deal at this point. I would take over both with joy but I see that Lille has not been represented in this thread so adding a new side to things would be nice.

1 minute ago, bendixkunert2 said:

probably, yes. They interest me a great deal at this point. I would take over both with joy but I see that Lille has not been represented in this thread so adding a new side to things would be nice.

I agree, variety is the spice of life. 

So my first game in Ligue 1 is over....a bit gutted really, I should of changed to a more defensive formation when I had the 2-0 lead.....pleasing that we had more efforts and controlled the game possession wise

image.thumb.png.de654d714a1d161ced3cfb6330d43737.png

New Season...same ol same ol

image.thumb.png.6908a4b324bc992a7e54a867b96ab987.png

Just now, Jogo Bonito said:

@AddicksFan Still a good opener, even if a desmond seems disappointing after being 2-0 up away from home.

Kebbeh was from Accra Lions right? Rahim Ibrahim and Joseph Amoah not worth a punt?

Yeah that's right, Ibrahim is decent in my game...not sure about Amoah...will take a look

On 17/05/2020 at 13:53, Ronaldo Beckham said:

@RageMaster Jogo sent me a link to a great African leagues database if you want to use that.

Sorry, a complete non computererer here, but my laptop won't open the download! How do I do it please?

Thank you and please pardon my ignorance!

Thanks for the replies peeps. I have decided to go with ASSE on full fat FM. If you're gonna go for it then do it big right lol, as soon as I figure out how to download the update posted above :idiot:

13 minutes ago, AddicksFan said:

Yeah that's right, Ibrahim is decent in my game...not sure about Amoah...will take a look

Amoah might not be accurately reflected in game (it's often the case in African club sides, random stats etc.) but is fairly well rated. Ibrahim  is probably a better known prospect

12 minutes ago, raymondafc said:

Sorry, a complete non computererer here, but my laptop won't open the download! How do I do it please?

Thank you and please pardon my ignorance!

If you can download it, you cut/copy and paste it from downloads in to the editor data folder of FM20. If you start a new game, you just choose it on the database selection page. If it's not downloading, I don't really know, sorry. To be honest, if you are managing ASSE but want African players, you can just load up all African players in a standard database option.

Is the below any help? You need the V4 and V5 ones (3rd and 4th down) in that folder.

image.thumb.png.9a9148cda2e22fb73429921e29953c70.png

Edited by Jogo Bonito

10 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Amoah might not be accurately reflected in game (it's often the case in African club sides, random stats etc.) but is fairly well rated. Ibrahim  is probably a better known prospect

If you can download it, you cut/copy and paste it from downloads in to the editor data folder of FM20. If you start a new game, you just choose it on the database selection page. If it's not downloading, I don't really know, sorry. To be honest, if you are managing ASSE but want African players, you can just load up all African players in a standard database option.

Is the below any help? You need the V4 and V5 ones (3rd and 4th down) in that folder.

image.thumb.png.9a9148cda2e22fb73429921e29953c70.png

That's perfect, got it working. For some reason I thought I needed to unpack the data lol. This is why they don't let me near expensive things at work :lol:

2 minutes ago, raymondafc said:

That's perfect, got it working. For some reason I thought I needed to unpack the data lol. This is why they don't let me near expensive things at work :lol:

Haha, well you did well with my amateur instructions! Good luck with ASSE :thup:

Just now, AddicksFan said:

Just been humbled by MBappe in our 2nd game in Ligue 1.....4-1 home defeat to PSG...Kebbeh with another wonder goal!! and another rating over 8!!

You have a star on your hands. But PSG are on another level

LOSC Lille

season 1

So now, the Lille adventure is getting started. I try to usually bring 3-4 updates per season to the thread but maybe a couple more in the first season to see how I'm getting started.

First, the expectations:

Lille2.thumb.png.b20dfe93d3943b56ef2bc0d1ccde5495.png

All of this seems reasonable and doable although I don't think finishing top 4 will all that easy in the first season. But it is required, so we have no choice. Signing young players and make profit out of them is also how I like to play the game so this suits me well.

The tactic I think is going to work well for this team is a 4231 possession tactic. Not perfect by any means but should get the job done with the technically gifted players we have.

Lille1.thumb.png.fb5494979f312e68d381b1e6a472193b.png

The team we have looks intriguing. No real stars or superstars but players that can be developed into that direction over time. I especially like the midfield we have there but time will tell.

Lille3.thumb.png.dc5ce3b7f33d8424da501103a2ebc364.png

This league can be quiet tricky so I'm not setting any other goals right than to meet the board expectations. If it goes better, great but hard to say right now. I would love to only concentrate on domestic competitions because I believe we will get hammered in the UCL but at least we will get some needed money.

3 hours ago, raymondafc said:

Thanks for the replies peeps. I have decided to go with ASSE on full fat FM. If you're gonna go for it then do it big right lol, as soon as I figure out how to download the update posted above :idiot:

Good luck. In case you didn't already know, St Etienne is the most successful French club in terms of league titles. So a good challenge to win the first one for them after a long time! 

3 hours ago, bendixkunert2 said:

Lille is a great side as well, best of luck! Osimhen develops into a beast in some games but not others so will be interesting to see which version you get. 

3 hours ago, AddicksFan said:

Sorry quoted the wrong post but some solid signings there and all the best for your first season in Ligue 1

12 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Cameroon African Cup Of Nations Journey

I managed to get through to the Quarter Finals of the African Cup Of Nations but lost 3-2 to Burkina Faso.

I am hoping the Ghana or Ivory Coast jobs come available as I really want to manage them and not Cameroon.

Ah tough luck there. I am just waiting for ANY African job lol. So frustrating. 

I resigned from the Cameroon job as my position was there was Precarious and I would rather leave before I got removed by them and I applied for the Ivory Coast job and got it. I am so happy to manage this great nation. I just wish Drogba was still playing for them lol.

The squad is very good, you got players like Franck Kessie, Nicolas Pepe, Maxwell Cornet, Willfried Zaha etc. 

First thing I did was call up uncapped player Parfait Guiagon to put my own stamp on the team. 

@Jogo Bonito can you think of any other Ivorian players worth calling up ?

image.thumb.png.d39fef19e9b4d21e3705f37271b3366e.png

image.thumb.png.af608d53418c7bd969eb883e59187835.png

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham

FC Metz Season 5 Transfer Business

Transfers Out

I made some big wholesale changes selling Parfait Guiagon, Tebeho Mokoena, Marco Bizot etc. Them 3 players mentioned were first team regulars and played literally every game for me but I got good offers for all 3 and felt like it was the right time to move them on.

I also sold a big prospect Goalkeeper I have called Andre Campos. I felt like the offer was really good for a player that was only in my Youth Intake a few months a go so no big loss for me and hopefully he will be successful and make me lots of money in clauses.

image.thumb.png.79ba1bcd88baeeaae3896f5f11b3214d.png

image.thumb.png.9a3fb5722f0329ceabd859adef289659.png

Transfers In

So after getting the Ivory Coast job I looked at their squads and went for a few of their players. the main one was 25 year old striker Ake Loba.

image.thumb.png.117a28eadb04a0ed1f81644d3b6a577f.pngimage.jpeg.17d746c6bb2209d4805ad2f480bf358b.jpeg

He knows how to score and has done well for his previous club Monterrey.

image.thumb.png.68cafb9d81b06d64702eed821744230a.png

My next signing was a newgen called Didier Konate signed for £5m from Nimes. He is a versatile midfielder who has good attributes like 17 in Bravery, 16 in Passing, 17 in Agility, 18 in Workrate and 16 in Pace, the one that worries me though is 18 in Aggression so I am expecting him to get a few bookings.

image.thumb.png.e6bcd6fd1461ca41847563a9fe620e0e.png

I signed another newgen called Andre Texier who is a 18 year old French striker and can also play as a an Inside Forward and an Attacking Midfielder. He got quite a few goals for Caen last season. I signed him for £3.5m

image.thumb.png.10e4c6ff128b72b3a14cbfed5b4d2eb1.png

image.thumb.png.4d2444894ebba61ef0dcbb104e5a2a1b.png

Next one in is highly rated Ivorian Left Back newgen called Dramane Diarra who I signed for £3m from Nimes, Nimes made a decent profit from him after signing him from Africa Sports for £95k.

image.thumb.png.a07a5e5423e135149a2735bb5a690522.png

image.thumb.png.07a02f5fa0e516eaa14a306804da019e.png

I am really excited about this central midfielder I signed called Franck Mambenda who I signed from AS Monaco for £1.9m. He has really good attributes in Tackling(16), Anticipation(17), Workrate(16) and Natural Fitness(16). He also has worryingly high Aggression but should be ok.

image.thumb.png.2e7031b29e80d9dac560cc64847c38b7.png

image.thumb.png.2d111ecbd2ec8ea9b51a38b966a534d4.png

My last signing is someone I know very well and was a bargain on a free tranfer after Lyon released him for some reason. His name is Amine Gouri who can play on the left wing as an Inside Forward.

image.thumb.png.b3a1c22a4e768740f0fb32414f923359.png

image.jpeg.83011a245cdc13f272fd56ba43e6eb59.jpeg

image.thumb.png.70a42e6061a659d000244339079c2a2e.png

I also managed to get Claudio Gomes on loan again for the season.

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham

Good signings, it was probably time to freshen your squad up a bit, and you have done that.

Loba has been performing well over a few years, and will hopefully do the same for you. I looked at him for my starting side but decided not to get him. 

@Ronaldo Beckham - awesome that you got the Ivory Coast job!! Probably the strongest squad on the continent. 

I will put up screenshots of my 3 Ivorian new-gens to make you wish you had them on your save ;) 

Also good transfers as well, that was certainly good money for your young keeper.

20200530234623_1.thumb.jpg.937579395b509855c6a8c3c405f0f269.jpg

20200530234619_1.thumb.jpg.9541e0297bf041ba44949d14584f6167.jpg

20200530234634_1.thumb.jpg.d5b640f2dc096d17e32dec28dbe92bd5.jpg

FYI I got two of them from ASEC and the 3rd from a club called AFAD Djekanou

44 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Good signings, it was probably time to freshen your squad up a bit, and you have done that.

Loba has been performing well over a few years, and will hopefully do the same for you. I looked at him for my starting side but decided not to get him. 

Yeah I will start him in a few games and see how he goes. Me signing Loba upset Diallo so that wasn't good, He is worried about the competition. 

13 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

@Ronaldo Beckham - awesome that you got the Ivory Coast job!! Probably the strongest squad on the continent. 

I will put up screenshots of my 3 Ivorian new-gens to make you wish you had them on your save ;) 

Also good transfers as well, that was certainly good money for your young keeper.

20200530234623_1.thumb.jpg.937579395b509855c6a8c3c405f0f269.jpg

20200530234619_1.thumb.jpg.9541e0297bf041ba44949d14584f6167.jpg

20200530234634_1.thumb.jpg.d5b640f2dc096d17e32dec28dbe92bd5.jpg

FYI I got two of them from ASEC and the 3rd from a club called AFAD Djekanou

Wow those are some awesome newgens. Hopefully Ivory Coast will produce some more superstars.

12 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Also Gouiri looks like he has not developed well on your game sadly... but hope he can kick on for you

Yeah he hasn't played enough for Lyon, hopefully he can prove them wrong with me at FC Metz.

4 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

I could NEVER allow anybody other than me to pick the team. That's maybe another reason why I'm only at the end of December 2019 :lol:

Lorient update to follow soon.

I tend to agree with my assistant when he picks the team so its just a time saver.

I look forward to your update.

End of September...so far so good,

image.thumb.png.b4cde959886c77a79e7d8391ac025ad3.png

image.thumb.png.69da81ca24b46d809a1c87f8448f8ec2.png

Team, sorted by form - King Kebbeh (now wanted by the big boys) topping the charts, special mention to Prevot, some brilliant performances keeping us in games yet only a 6.94 average....Are GK's avg ratings an issue in FM??

image.thumb.png.29c086387460cade68d22acf55d50961.png

45 minutes ago, AddicksFan said:

End of September...so far so good,

image.thumb.png.b4cde959886c77a79e7d8391ac025ad3.png

An excellent start, adapting very well to Ligue 1 so far.

My FC Lorient update is now written up, very satisfied so far (and not just for the first team, my real future is from the two squads below).

Just now, Jogo Bonito said:

An excellent start, adapting very well to Ligue 1 so far.

My FC Lorient update is now written up, very satisfied so far (and not just for the first team, my real future is from the two squads below).

Was looking for it earlier....will give it a read now

Lille osc.png

1.1 update preseason/start of season/backroom staff

not optimal.

preseason.thumb.png.7937db28bf18d9674c41405c1144fd51.png

we also lost our RB to a torn ACL.

However and a bit surprisingly to me we started the season extremely well.

game1.thumb.png.fd240327197965f3a362dbc4e50937de.pnggame2.thumb.png.d8468a7fc677d3edfdd338e805606176.pnggame3.thumb.png.234269d1ae87da90ef759721bb9ebf6d.png

fluke or not? time will tell but so far so good.

back room also got a few needed upgrades.

Hired as assistant manager:

andrade.thumb.png.d0cf08cfc2026b7a7a427cb579a74acf.png

and HOYD:

Gomes.thumb.png.cd4cc3ce7afe19078cab15ced58d8085.png

@bendixkunert2 A hard pre-season, but great start in competitive games. Yes, your European group looks very tough! Aim for 3rd :cool:

@raymondafc Your ASSE side have (in real life) just signed one of the lower level players I recruited for FC Lorient (Krasso). Unfortunately, in game at the moment he isn't rated as he should be (a left-footed central striker), so probably not one you should consider signing yourself. I'm trying to re-train him to central striker in my B Team, but can't do much to change his favoured foot.

https://www.kick442.com/jean-philippe-krasso-potential-ivorian-international-signs-for-saint-etienne/

Edited by Jogo Bonito

Think I’m going to start up a save with Nice. Some exciting young players and like the idea of Jim Ratcliffe wanting to bring over an English manager and (hopefully) give a bit of money to spend.

Looking forward to seeing if Atal is a good as he irl. 

Looks like some great saves on this thread. Look forward to reading! 

Edited by 10Sammo10