Unofficial French League Superthread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Highlight of my weekend was being mentioned in @jeaku14's latest Youtube video lol. Cheers buddy and Rutter is amazing. He played really well straight away when I signed him for Monaco. I hope he does well for you.

Well done beating Athletico Madrid. Pen Yedder lol.

Awesome work as always. Looking forward to your next episode.

Strasbourg Season 4 Review

I ended 8th in the league which was annoying as I was as high as 5th with 4 games to go but I couldn't win to save my life. 

image.thumb.png.cc38658441d4023ab91a02f631aae707.png

Only 1 win in the last 6 games. Too many draws and points lost when I should of been hitting form.

image.thumb.png.60cbb3c958a2e4613f3d76b1e443066d.png

Habib Diallo had another decent season with 18 goals scored and 7 assists. He is playing in a 4-4-2 as a Target Man who supports my Advanced Forward which has been either Loba or Geubbels this season.

image.thumb.png.cdee91af8db6b01529e19d766702136d.png

Ake Loba scored 10 goals this season. I was expecting more from him but formed a decent strikeforce with Diallo which I hope gets better in time.

image.thumb.png.f92e7c402165574092a1ed55e126c84a.png

Willem Geubbels started to show promise scoring 8 goals in 17 games but annoying he wanted to leave for a bigger club so he is off. 

image.thumb.png.378f499614a6cd1dbb0b0bada68773c6.png

Another player that is off cos he wanted to leave for a bigger club is Bertrand Traore but no big loss as he was a free transfer and I always intentions of selling him for profit after a season or 2. 

He done well this season with 6 goals and 4 assists.

image.thumb.png.0330237c1f0fff57da96f7010b2c9b33.png

Other stand off players were Francisco Conceicao who was the assist king and Mohamed Simakan who was solid at the back of defence. 

image.thumb.png.67e9e102981d04661a5e23d21941cd2c.pngimage.thumb.png.78247f7cba1c3f622af3a65b606d7c67.png

The finances as always aren't the best and now I aint in Europe there is extra pressure to sell my players. Even if Traore and Geubbels didn't want to leave I still would probably of sold them to ease the finances.

image.thumb.png.7a099d7f07584a4fa8f97991b1c6ab73.png

image.thumb.png.757d13d6a90bbc614204bfc3968afcaf.png

It is going to be tough to rebuild and do better next season but I enjoy a challenge.

Such a shame your team fell apart with 4 games left :( @Ronaldo Beckham I have just left Juventus to take over Nantes in 2028/29 season. Massive challenge from winning league and CL with Juventus to struggling Nantes, got few good players in the team just need rebuilding. Will do mini update shortly :thup: 

2 minutes ago, john1 said:

Such a shame your team fell apart with 4 games left :( @Ronaldo Beckham I have just left Juventus to take over Nantes in 2028/29 season. Massive challenge from winning league and CL with Juventus to struggling Nantes, got few good players in the team just need rebuilding. Will do mini update shortly :thup: 

Cheers buddy and good luck with Nantes. 

On 21/09/2020 at 08:43, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Highlight of my weekend was being mentioned in @jeaku14's latest Youtube video lol. Cheers buddy and Rutter is amazing. He played really well straight away when I signed him for Monaco. I hope he does well for you.

Well done beating Athletico Madrid. Pen Yedder lol.

Awesome work as always. Looking forward to your next episode.

Welcome :)

Haha cheers, yeah I'm stoked with the group stages - season's looking good far.

11 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Having a break from my Strasbourg save for now as I really want to start a save with Leeds back in the Prem. I will come back to the Strasbourg save soon.

Definitely come back to it, so close to Europe!

On 23/09/2020 at 01:33, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Having a break from my Strasbourg save for now as I really want to start a save with Leeds back in the Prem. I will come back to the Strasbourg save soon.

Nice save with Strasbourg and keep us posted on Leeds - historically one of my favorite clubs to manage in FM 

55 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Nice save with Strasbourg and keep us posted on Leeds - historically one of my favorite clubs to manage in FM 

Yeah I was going to post in the Leeds thread but there isn't much activity in there which is a shame as the thread was very popular before. I will post a mid season update tonight on how I am doing with Leeds.

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Yeah I was going to post in the Leeds thread but there isn't much activity in there which is a shame as the thread was very popular before. I will post a mid season update tonight on how I am doing with Leeds.

Yes true but you can revive it!

On 23/09/2020 at 23:23, Ronaldo Beckham said:

@jeaku14 Sorry but you losing 3-2 to a 10 man PSG made me laugh especially the players you singled out as being odd signings for PSG being the match winners lol.

I am really enjoy the up's and down's of your Monaco career.

Keep up the good work.

Lol I couldn't help but laugh when I was editing it. What a joke.....

15 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

@jeaku14 I felt your pain when you lost in the Champions League against Man Utd. Badashille in goal is probably a good option for you moving forward.

Looking forward to seeing how you do next season.

Same with the United game tbh...

Haha big transfer special coming up. Link below 

3 hours ago, jeaku14 said:

Lol I couldn't help but laugh when I was editing it. What a joke.....

Same with the United game tbh...

Haha big transfer special coming up. Link below 

I will watch this in a bit and post my comments in here. @jeaku14 you should post your videos in here as others would enjoy your Monaco career.

f6aec1f8ac8175a285ecfd53854894a6.png 
Hello my old friend :brock: Hired him when I was managing Atalanta, took him with me to Juventus and now Nantes :D Couldn't afford his wage when I first arrived at Nanes, as the club finances was in a mess, turned it around and able to afford him, dropped from 14.25K to 12.25K ;)  I have brought in few trusted coaches I had from Juventus whom I took from Atalanta. Spent alot of time recruiting staffs to improve coaching structure at the club.

60e319ad8baa739ad8cf48f3174020a5.jpg 
Pretty happy with how my youth coach set up :thup: Hopefully to bring in goalkeeper coach.

Edited by john1

6 minutes ago, john1 said:

f6aec1f8ac8175a285ecfd53854894a6.png 
Hello my old friend :brock: Hired him when I was managing Atalanta, took him with me to Juventus and now Nantes :D Couldn't afford his wage when I first arrived at Nanes, as the club finances was in a mess, turned it around and able to afford him, dropped from 14.25K to 12.25K ;)  I have brought in few trusted coaches I had from Juventus whom I took from Atalanta. Spent alot of time recruiting staffs to improve coaching structure at the club.

60e319ad8baa739ad8cf48f3174020a5.jpg 
Pretty happy with how my youth coach set up :thup: Hopefully to bring in goalkeeper coach.

Nice to see you get the right staff in. Arteta as Assistant Manager is a great staff signing. 

How are you doing in the league?

On 22/09/2020 at 23:32, john1 said:

I have just left Juventus to take over Nantes in 2028/29 season. Massive challenge from winning league and CL with Juventus to struggling Nantes, got few good players in the team just need rebuilding. Will do mini update shortly :thup: 

Nice!

nantes-fc-logo-0.png 

Nantes 2028/29 season half way point

6aa197cc53968e63fa20e77b737b8ade.png 

f2deeb306a0b3b4eb6266b5152d80f92.png 

I am absolutely shocked how the season started as Nantes manager. I have used tactic and I have used with my previous 2 clubs and just tweaked the formation to 4-4-1-1 around the players I have at the club. Delighted to get a draw against Marseille and PSG. Even I felt we was the better side against PSG. November was a tough month for us, Lyon scored a later winner. We took the lead against Monaco

Transfers

a32c076847bc76fca8e061e6cf21576c.png 

Most of signings are regens and they was signed by my HOYD and last 3 signings was made by David Moss who is my Director of Football. HOYD sign young players and DOF sign players for first team. However, only player I signed was Alessandro Adessa

The club finances was in a shocking mess, 6M in red and 200K over wage budget, sadly, left me with no choice but to sell key players to claw back into black and under wage budget. Felt I could have got about 30M for Quina however, still decent money for him.

Edited by john1

2 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

Beating PSG always makes me happy....I call them the Galactic Empire. Their Players are Stormtroopers and their Stadium is the "Death Star"! Also goes well with their fans Right-Wing Politics.

I agree! Amount of players they buy and spent are outrageous!!

21 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Well done on your cup victory over PSG @john1

Thanks! Was expecting to lose like 5-0. Especially the players they got, However, I probably had the easiest route to the final.

147663ce36830c368789727278328e6f.png 

cb3226ea1c650f5986ff4dd8f8d9d5cb.png 

Edited by john1

5e5e80dbf19bcef3573f77b37582f27b.png 
b170292eb0165106150d6a7899d27f5b.png 

Just a mini update :D Title went to the last day of the season, we played Toulouse and PSG had Marseille, sadly PSG won 3-0 and I won 4-0. Don't know what my plans is for next season, will look to play youngsters more into the first team.

Youth intakes was absolutely shocking :( sacked the one already at the club and brought this guy in from Lens,

70f87273959bd272c825d3105317bf79.png 

Have to take my hat off to my DOF - David Moss for finding those two absolutely beast players on loan. Was absolutely superb for us :cool: Thankfully we got them on loan for another season :thup: 

5a10336be959c49c34d22bc71ca1c112.png 
523a18cca90297a6e3ec08be58142aee.png 

a234408bdb2fed12fcca83214c9dc7c9.png 
Requested the club to buy stadium off the council, was costing us 175K a year.

6bfdd86ad560cd55a2e55b982fc008d1.png 
Good to see the board upgrading the facilities! :D 

29bff97d064415b17cca19e2d195bcaa.png 
Linked up with Daegu in South Korea for feeder club :cool: Hopefully will boost our merchandise.

15 hours ago, john1 said:

cd737a57377c4da84183a0e8fce4a4fb.png 
Proper ouch! :(  Hopefully we can get 3rd place.

You should be able to beat Anderlecht twice and possibly get a draw at home against Athletico. If you do both you will come in third and qualify for Europa League.

8 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

You should be able to beat Anderlecht twice and possibly get a draw at home against Athletico. If you do both you will come in third and qualify for Europa League.

They are definitely doable to beat, hopefully! Hoping to get a point at home games against Man City and Atlético :onmehead:

Finished 3rd in the first season with Marseille, now Man Utd is bidding € 110M for Florian Thauvin, which will be welcome to strenghten the squad for CL-football.

I'm planning on buying Gabriel Barbosa or Raphinha as his replacement. Predrag Rajkovic already joined for only € 750k from the relegated Reims as a back-up for Mandanda (probably his last season).

On 09/10/2020 at 06:30, BadAss88 said:

Finished 3rd in the first season with Marseille, now Man Utd is bidding € 110M for Florian Thauvin, which will be welcome to strenghten the squad for CL-football.

I'm planning on buying Gabriel Barbosa or Raphinha as his replacement. Predrag Rajkovic already joined for only € 750k from the relegated Reims as a back-up for Mandanda (probably his last season).

I would sell him for that amount of money :thup: Is Rajkovic is still good as he was on pervious FM?

• 4 weeks later...