Sports Interactive Community
Ronaldo Beckham

Unofficial French League Superthread

Does anyone know which nationalities are treated as EU in France?
I've signed a guy from Serbia, but he's not listed as foreign under registration... Seems weird.

50 minutes ago, Gungner said:

Does anyone know which nationalities are treated as EU in France?
I've signed a guy from Serbia, but he's not listed as foreign under registration... Seems weird.

If you click on 'Ligue 1' at the top of your usual home/landing page (or just type in Ligue 1 to search bar) then go to rules you can get all these details.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

If you click on 'Ligue 1' at the top of your usual home/landing page (or just type in Ligue 1 to search bar) then go to rules you can get all these details.

Yeah, I found it :)

Thanks

Edited by Gungner

After a long break from FM (for me - never really got into 19), I thought I'd start up a relatively short save over the summer. Lyon and their ridiculous amount of quality youngsters appealed, so here we go. Turns out, the 4-3-3 I'm used to from past versions still works pretty well. I haven't nailed the interplay between the front three yet - Dembele has scored pretty well but is often a bit of a passenger. Positives are that the defence has been the best I've had in any version. Assume that's more FM 2020 than me :D.

In terms of transfers, haven't done too much. LB Ait-Nouri in for £7.5m (loaned back), CM Verschaeren was the big outlay at £15m and then two cheap youngsters for potential profit down the line in Arezo and Carbonell for around 1m each. Really excited to see how a few of the youngsters: Cherki, Reine-Adelaide, Gouiri, Caqueret, Da Silva and Nsombi turn out. 

League, squad and tactics - PSG up next...

4E1A24F8511BF5B0055C55149C0A98D61E9498E8

5E8B0BA55212E416A743C04DD9E870D024939999

D944DB598C2020410F1D4154730055CF2D3DC437

And this is why I love the game. So fulfilling when you get a decision right. At 1-0 down (PSG had had 5 shots and their goal to our zero), I felt we were a bit too compact and passive - slight increase to width and pass into space and look what happens. Now just to hope Moussa is ok!

A724AE04F1300383056E873DEC048FE6D6B2C3BC

Posted (edited)

Gone back to my Toulouse save on FM19. My primary target is to make sure my striker completes what is left of an amazing career. He turns 33 at the start of next season but still looks in great shape. Praying he can avoid injury for just 1 more year as he chases 500 Ligue 1 goals. 

erland 33 .png

Edited by Things Could Get Messi

Starting my second season with Monaco, and it begins with two matches against PSG... 

First in the Super Cup, then the league opener... :( 

Feel your pain @Gungner - just had them in the CL semi final then away in the penultimate game of the season with an already broken and shattered squad. There was all sorts of rotation going on and in the end, we came up a little short in the CL semi, losing on penalties at PSG after two thrilling 0-0 draws... We also saw a 10 point lead in the league from before Christmas dwindle to just four points with two games left, the first away at PSG (our third game in seven days) and the second at home a week later to relegation-threatened Amiens. So, I rested just about everyone and essentially threw the youngsters to the wolves at PSG (losing 3-0), banking on taking all three points at home to Amiens.

Love it when a plan comes together

CA354254B0987B8D281466F15A6F0D30EEBC9093

Dembele and Memphis were obviously the two best players, but the guys who really stepped up and won us the title were Bruno Guimaraes, Anthony Lopes, Léo Dubois, CBs Denayer and Andersen, Koné and Reine-Adélaide. Hoping to get more of the youngsters playing next season - it just got to the point this year where draws were as bad as losses. Certainly, I don't think I've ever seen a second placed team with that many points in any save I've done to-date.

Good summer for us. Teams were all over Depay, Reine-Adelaide and Dembele. I ended up parting with Depay to Chelsea for £85m. In his stead, we've brought in Matuidi (free), Tonali (£38m) and Boadu (£25m). Also have Fabio Silva (£15m) and Ait-Nouri (£7m) joining this summer, so I think we're in a good place. I need to buy a bit more French talent as per club vision, but there isn't really any to get that isn't Camavinga or at PSG.

Now to look into the odd three-striker tactic :)

45 minutes ago, b101 said:

Good summer for us. Teams were all over Depay, Reine-Adelaide and Dembele. I ended up parting with Depay to Chelsea for £85m. In his stead, we've brought in Matuidi (free), Tonali (£38m) and Boadu (£25m). Also have Fabio Silva (£15m) and Ait-Nouri (£7m) joining this summer, so I think we're in a good place. I need to buy a bit more French talent as per club vision, but there isn't really any to get that isn't Camavinga or at PSG.

Now to look into the odd three-striker tactic :)

You could look at Boubakary Soumaré at Lille... He is immense. 

AS Monaco: Season 2 Re-view

The season began with the Super-Cup, and the opponents were our evil spirit, PSG. However, we managed to overcome them and win 2-1, taking the gold. First piece of silverware is always a nice thing.

716493876_PSGvMonaco_Review.thumb.png.1cc1733514694e0b7d2417d3dee091cf.png

Next piece of silverware came in the Coupe de France, where we had a pretty easy route to the final. We manage to overcome Marseille, and take the trophy for the second year in a row.

1759423257_MarseillevMonaco_Review.thumb.png.3fa22c096568461c9c8b216e4ffaf1d4.png

Somehow, someway, we found ourselves in the Champions League final! We made it out of a group consisting of us, Real Madrid, Man City and Galatasaray. At best, I believed we could perhaps make into the Europa League, but we finished second in the group behind Madrid, knocking out defending champions, Man City. We then proceeded to knock out Barcelona, Ajax and Bayern Münich, before we faced Chelsea in the final. However, the fairy tale did not have a happy end, as we came up short. Oh well, there's always next year. 

949583576_ChelseavMonaco_Review.thumb.png.73948723b5a938d3492f801a10e0f3be.png

In regards to Ligue 1, well... We did it!! We overthrew Paris Saint-Germain and took the gold! We were literally side by side until the penultimate round. I managed to beat Montpellier, while PSG could only salvage a draw against Metz, giving us the title, before we faced PSG in the final round. I am overjoyed, as I had set aside 4 years to reach this goal, so this is awesome.

1457322190_Ligue1Conforama_Stages.thumb.png.2f4ef4476f318cd319de5dbf0942cc70.png

My transfers for season two, looks like this. The only signing I hadn't planned on making, was Sinkgraven. Unfortunately, Jorge was struck by an injury in January, and was kept out for the rest of the season. Toure was also struck with a shorter injury, leaving me with no left-backs. I had little to no money, and Sinkgraven was transfer-listed, so I took a shot and signed him. He did alright, but will still be third in line for the left-back position. 

1584532362_ASMonaco_TransferHistory.thumb.png.a80a9880a567c1ae676d67bb066499e1.png

421173255_ASMonaco_TransferHistory-2.thumb.png.8e8503dbb493390c496a6ceeaffdb217.png

All in all, a very succesful season with Monaco, and the big question now is, can we do a repeat in season three?

1 hour ago, Gungner said:

All in all, a very succesful season with Monaco

Very well done, I think. I'm currently working my way through July 2020 with Lens and was just offered the Monaco job (I attended the interview because I've never done one in FM) but turned it down. They looked a bigger challenge than a first season in L1 with Lens :lol:

Guess who's back, back again :lol:

So I haven't played FM for ages but have picked up with my ASSE save from where I last posted. Preseason has come to an end and we are now ready to take on the season ahead. We had some mixed results but I haven't really read too much into them. This summer also saw the inaugural ASSE Trophy :cool: which is basically a rip off of the Amsterdam/Emirates Cup format.

We invited Dortmund, Arsenal and Santander (They're a feeder club). Somewhat to my surprise we overcame Dortmund in the semi, Diony hitting a hat-trick in a 3-2 win. In the final, Arsenal and Lacazette in particular proved too much as Laca hit all 4 goals as they beat us 4-2.

image.thumb.png.9cde10bf748e273aa07fd1eb4da92faf.png

We'll start the season at home home to Nimes with the requirement to qualify for the Europa League this season. Seeing as we only just missed out last season I have a decent feeling that we can achieve the target, but this is FM after all! 

I do have a question for those more knowledgeable, I don't think I'm in the Coupe de la Ligue for some reason?

image.thumb.png.e2ecc77979eac32afdbca97a4561188d.png

Finally, I've decided to take a punt promoting this guy to the first team, I think he could be an absolute star - hopefully for me - in years to come but I'm already batting off PSG :rolleyes:

image.thumb.png.3796736c3efa07f50d904d2a5d0c110c.png

Posted (edited)

@raymondafc  I like the ASSE Trophy :cool:

Good luck with the new season. Could you do a squad view?

@Gungner Great work over two seasons.

@b101 Nice job by you too!

@warlock The long summer months of a promoted side! I look forward to seeing your squad when the window 'slams shut' :rolleyes:

Edited by Jogo Bonito

1 hour ago, Jogo Bonito said:

I look forward to seeing your squad

Me too :lol:. I have no idea what I'm doing beyond trying to stick with French- or, at least, French-speaking - players. Got a bit of money but struggling to find likely upgrades on what we've got. Also, Lens seem to have a bunch of promising players coming through the B- and youth teams and I don't want to buy a raft of players who will stand in the path of the youngsters.

I have made one signing - I have le Feeling you'll know who :brock:

11 minutes ago, warlock said:

Me too :lol:. I have no idea what I'm doing beyond trying to stick with French- or, at least, French-speaking - players. Got a bit of money but struggling to find likely upgrades on what we've got. Also, Lens seem to have a bunch of promising players coming through the B- and youth teams and I don't want to buy a raft of players who will stand in the path of the youngsters.

I have made one signing - I have le Feeling you'll know who :brock:

I'm sure Le Fee for your new player will be an absolute bargain.

If you need any suggestions for French or French-speaking players for certain positions, I can try to throw a few names your way. Check Nantes & Sochaux for cheap young talents too.

Posted (edited)

Hi all, great thread. Suppose I could post here about my Stade Rennais save.

I picked Rennais basically because of Camavinga, who has crazy potential. Although there are a few other promising young players as well, that I think can be developed into first teamers,

First season:

1st choice matchday squad:

matchdaysquad.thumb.png.f84572a2e14019912f094c9747b4cd53.png

Camavinga was player of the season, closely followed by Raphinha with 15 goals, 10 assists. They both got in the league's team of the year as well, with Camavinga getting Most Promising Player. Niang top goalscorer with 17 goals but was infuriating with all the wasted opportunities.

comps.thumb.png.8b0bf43d6b1d46d3633c966de7316757.png

League was pretty competitive. Pleased we were undefeated at home. 7 point gap with PSG isn't too bad and I had a home draw and away win against them.  With the cup competitions ,I played a lot of young players and surprised I got as far as I did in the EL.

signingsimade.thumb.png.934445368cd6f37f6abc2bc403dde865.png

Sold as much as deadwood as I could and brought in these players. The two loan signings in January were key, added a lot of quality that helped me secure a CL spot. I also vastly improved the coaching and medical staff throughout the season. 

Aims for the next season are: to keep bringing through young talent, secure a CL place and maybe challenge for the cup.

Edited by causticgrip

3 hours ago, causticgrip said:

Hi all, great thread. Suppose I could post here about my Stade Rennais save.

I picked Rennais basically because of Camavinga, who has crazy potential. Although there are a few other promising young players as well, that I think can be developed into first teamers,

signingsimade.thumb.png.934445368cd6f37f6abc2bc403dde865.png

Sold as much as deadwood as I could and brought in these players. The two loan signings in January were key, added a lot of quality that helped me secure a CL spot. I also vastly improved the coaching and medical staff throughout the season. 

A good club choice and great first season. Camavinga is a fabulous asset.

As you may have seen, Le Fee was superb for me in four seasons at Lorient before I sold him for £82 million to Man City. He got upset when I kept rejecting their offers, otherwise I would have kept him forever.

10106700-16452613.jpg?v=1472304101

Racing Club de Lens: Season 2, September

With the French transfer window just closed, time for an update...

You will see that it has been a busy window for French clubs. Well, one French club:

aolpgX1h.png?1

Here in Lens we managed a few signings of our own:

1VtOMUTh.png?1

We only spent one tenth of a Pogba, but I'm happy with our business. Le Fee has settled straight into the side, which is true of all our signings, in fact. Young Italian Giacomo Calo is rated equal to Le Fee by my coaches, although he hasn't quite shown it on the field yet, Valls was brought in as backup in central midfield, while Moukoudi is a bit of a beast in central defence and a major upgrade on our existing 3rd and 4th choice CDs. We need further upgrades at both fullback positions, and at left-wing, but I still have some money available to fill one or two of those three positions if the right players are available in January.

The suprise - to me, at least - was the loan signing of Man Utd wonderkid Mason Greenwood. I'd have been happy to renew last season's loan of Stoke's Julien Ngoy but his club wouldn't agree the move. But I was amazed to see Greenwood available for loan, and even more amazed when he agreed to spend a year in France. But United's loss has definitely been our gain - Mason bagged a hat-trick on his first appearance in a pre-season friendly, and has found the net 3 times in 4 league starts.

a8nMb5qh.png?1

The opening month has seen us record two home wins and two away defeats. We didn't really turn up against Amiens, and were simply outclassed against Lille. I had been relying on simple tweaks to our normal positive-possession tactic but have just set up a more counter-attacking approach for the tougher games and hopefully that will pay dividends going forward. The initial goal is to average a point per game and we're currently ahead of that.

K0bWWaEh.png?1

Early days, but I'm cautiously optimistic we can avoid a relegation battle. :idiot::lol:

@warlock I'm sure you will meet that objective. Having Greenwood for a season should be fun, best of luck :cool:

AS MONACO: 3rd Season Re-view

The season once again opened with the Super Cup, and once again we were fortunate enough to claim the trophy. 

Not much else to say about this one...

223511184_MonacovPSG_Review.thumb.png.41130dceaa7ad96c7d6249585eacb029.png

In the Coupe de France, we once again had an easy ride (besides Marseille in the quarter-final), and the opponent was PSG.

The match was quite exciting, and a real nail-biter near the end. But we came out on top and toppled our rivals through a penalty-shootout. 

1936576613_PSGvMonaco_Review.thumb.png.8dbfb106a19e7b72f4a9b3d07443b3a4.png

Unfortunately, we didn't manage to repeat last years feat of making it to the Champions League final. After knocking out Man City in the first KO Round, another Manchester side waited for us in the Quarter-finals. They won 1-0 in Manchester, and since wse only managed a 2-2 draw in Monaco, we were knocked out. But hey, there's always next year. 

326837332_MonacovManUtd_Review.thumb.png.36126b4895ab4f14ee84d804769df5c7.png

In the Ligue 1, we did it again! We are the champions once more. And if it looks like we were untouchable, it's only because PSG also was. They kept on winning and winning, meaning there were no room for error. They only began slipping up near the very end, which I luckily took advantage of. 

1400178306_Ligue1Conforama_Stages.thumb.png.8158f4594446778a05a98d69b69f197b.png

Transfer-wise, we made Batshuayi's loan move permanent and signed Alexander Isak for £22 mil, meaning we were more than set in the striker department. 

Other than that, it was a quiet window, and there's really not much to say about it. 

67871227_ASMonaco_TransferHistory.thumb.png.68d9d199fd51f89f17431d5796dac784.png

1192347148_ASMonaco_TransferHistory-2.thumb.png.5cf51739cd32fa8abc57037d4106f511.png

I'm still very much enjoying this save, and the next goal has to be the Champions League!

Posted (edited)

Stade Rennais, 2nd season:

transfers2.thumb.png.0aa5cf209a54062e17a829cbf008c3f8.png

-Sold nobody who'll be missed and the money received added up nicely

-Gnagnon was great for me last season, so I signed him permanently. Audero looked like a decent keeper with room to grow. I wanted to play with a Target Man and Petagna seemed like a good option.  Alphonso Davies, described as a 'wonderkid' was transfer listed by request so I snapped him up. Brought in some other young talent as well, have particularly high hopes about Lihadji . 

-The loan signings were brought in to add a bit of quality and depth to the squad, whilst my young players develop.

matchdaysquad2.thumb.png.afabec1245a87167ce88a43afeefc7a0.png

-Average age of the squad was 22  at the start of the season.
-Raphinha player of the season for us and got in the league team of the year along with Gnagnon and Camavinga.

-Petagna top goalscorer 17 goals. Plenty of goals spread all round the team as well.

comps2.thumb.png.3a87a9b6ef55e37a990967d8133d5a3a.png

-Dropped 2 points from last year (better GD though) which cost me a place. Looks like I'll have to get to the CL group stage the hard way!

-CL group was Liverpool, Lazio and Benfica. Finished bottom. After I drew with Benfica, lost to Lazio and got hammered by Liverpool twice, I just started playing young players- wanted to finish bottom, couldn't be bothered with Europa League this season.

-Won the cup against PSG 2-0, playing on the counter. They beat me twice in the league and I was lucky that for this game, they were missing some key players. And Mbappe was in poor condition. This was their team at the end of January, btw ridiculous isnt it?!

psgteam.thumb.png.af40ff7142a69ed7f8f60adb69d8c69e.png

Anyway goals for next season are: to bring some more young talent into the first 11, get at least 2nd in the league and do a bit better in the CL- if I get through the qualifying stages!

Edited by causticgrip

Posted (edited)

Going back to my Marseille save after an off 2024-2025 season. Didn't win anything for the first time in my managerial career there. Thinking of going all guns blazing next season (final contract year) and then maybe moving to Germany/Italy/Spain or see if the Arsenal job is available. Had tried toying around with other saves but simply invested far too much in my Marseille save to just give it up and I rarely get past 3 seasons. 

Edited by Travis Bickle

Well it's all over. Our form was awful as yet again we simply couldn't win away from home and it finally bit me. I am now looking for a new job.

image.thumb.png.0ca534ddcc2444b8ba742778fd048bc9.png 

The poor results saw us languishing in 16th place which was enough for the Chairman to pull the trigger.

image.thumb.png.1ceb09cb42fdd9fe5ef91afea51f67a7.png

I will continue this save, whether I get another role in France though remains to be seen...

There is movement on the job front, tune in tomorrow to find out....

3 hours ago, raymondafc said:

@Jogo Bonito as requested, this is my current squad...

image.thumb.png.915dde5d235a327796c9f2541ab5d5ba.png

image.thumb.png.5e6485680c97de7d498139cff80b2376.png

Thanks for the squad view, sorry you lost your job.

OK so I know I said "tomorrow" on Wednesday but I like to keep the tension up lol. My manager applied for jobs in Belgium, Spain and Italy but was unsuccessful in all of them. Offers from Paris FC and Troyes were rejected, not because I didn't want to drop down but because I was waiting on other jobs.

Then, an offer out of the blue. Or Red and White.... 

The next destination for my manger will be somewhat further south on the Island of Corsica:

image.png.ce37aa1a26695decf2f395a42ed687ad.png

Cruelly denied promotion in the real world, AC Ajaccio finished 2nd in Ligue 2 in my first game season to earn promotion.

The Squad:

image.thumb.png.b7d86142970824bb26b08c2514ba95d6.png

It's quite a small squad which concerns me slightly but I will look into the 2nd team to see if there are any players that can step up.

Its been a steady start in the league:

image.thumb.png.0f3d7195f86c0a1e82288cd73818b99e.png

The previous manager, Olivier Pantaloni (great name) earned himself a move to Bordeaux.

As you can imagine I have a target to avoid relegation this season which I'm sure will be tough.

Oh, and my first game?

image.thumb.png.382b41db9e5c6665117e6e6899ffe36b.png

@raymondafc Good luck in Corsica, there are not many better places in Europe to land in.

AS MONACO: SEASON 4 REVIEW

Like the previous years, the season opened with the Super Cup, and our opponents was once again, you guessed it, PSG.

However, we got the better of them, and we took the Super Cup for a third time in a row.

384747850_MonacovPSG_Review.thumb.png.455025bdf9e2451cbf1d0422b09a0abb.png

It did go as well in the Coupe de France, and we failed to win the competition for a fourth year in a row.

Lille shocked us in the 11th round, and we were surprisingly knocked out.

1716051265_LillevMonaco_Review.thumb.png.b6bf6576dd884c7576bc3a3e5293556d.png

In the Champions League, we did even worse than the previous two seasons. Having made it to the First Knock-Out Round, we beat Juventus 1-0 at home, only to get thrashed 4-0 away, with a 38-year old Ronald being in the form of his life. The CL is my main goal from now on. 

975928733_JuventusvMonaco_Review.thumb.png.a91e1928a48749d167319240e84ade81.png

We clinched the Ligue 1 title for third year in a row. Our only competition throughout the season came from PSG, and we managed to let a massive lead dwindle down to a few points, so we had to wait until the penultimate round to claim the title. But I'm happy with the win.

1330343161_Ligue1Conforama_Stages.thumb.png.5123860a41008191065486396848700a.png

In regards to transfers, we didn't do much of notice, maybe apart from bringing back Anthony Martial to the club.

1976393565_ASMonaco_TransferHistory.thumb.png.7bc69a897cfec85d4b3df3e062d418be.png

1013819020_ASMonaco_TransferHistory-2.thumb.png.8e818a90ec5e6ee0d4eb37acca9867a8.png

Stade Rennais Season 3

transfers3.thumb.png.9c91108e8fe1b67b6a225c2a2dad21c9.png

-Raphinha, my star man, was desperate to leave so I let him go for 50m. Last years top scorer Petagna went as well but i had a younger better replacement lined up. Niang annoys me so he went to.

-Didn't spend too much but added a lot of quality to the first 11 for sure.  Adolfo Gaich an upgrade on Petagna.

titlewinningteam.thumb.png.d0efa050e391c31c7defe97fc683ce57.png

-Average age of the squad was 23 at the start of the season. Started almost every game with at least 8 French nationals as well.

-Anthony Martial our player of the season with 39 goals, average rating 7.34.  Best loan signing i've ever made I reckon. Adolfo Gaich was our signing and young player of the season and league's most promising player. 5 players in the team of the year too. 

rennaistitlewin.thumb.png.42cf017f5439afe9823d9e6aca42b648.png

-Finally won the league! Took a monumental effort to beat PSG this year, who had improved a lot to- added Sadio Mane and Thomas Muller to the likes of Mbappe, Neymar and Harry Kane. Just check that GD!

-Qualified from a tough CL group, with my match of the season:

rennais5bayern0.thumb.png.03aa10c03ad8706120890bcfddf60739.png

Went on to get knocked out by the eventual winners of the comp Real Madrid.

-Reached the Coupe de France final again and it was a repeat of last year. However this time though, we lost to PSG 3-2.

-I also won Manager of the Year which was cool, first time on this edition of FM hah. 

-Next seasons goals are to retain the title and progress further into the Champions League. We have a lot of money now, top training facilities and staff and bought the stadium too. 

23 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

@raymondafc Good luck in Corsica, there are not many better places in Europe to land in.

Thanks @Jogo Bonito, I'm looking forward to the challenge! 

Naturally, the football gods saw fit to arrange my first match as manager of AC Ajaccio against the club that recently sacked me, it went OK I guess:

image.thumb.png.a7371c539b678e0820bffd6428e51e76.png

I think the kit men forgot to speak to each other before the game...

image.thumb.png.2f6c2b0a3922c7af6740c8e1b0ce00f4.png

I just updated my Clermont Foot 63 Thread again...

7 minutes ago, raymondafc said:

And for the second time this season...

image.thumb.png.9065bb1e89f984272576c40e2bd585cd.png

:eek:  :herman: :idiot::stop:

I've put my Lorient save on hold, but I am sure I will be back for season 5 and beyond.

1 hour ago, Jogo Bonito said:

:eek:  :herman: :idiot::stop:

I've put my Lorient save on hold, but I am sure I will be back for season 5 and beyond.

Hopefully we'll see you back! I must admit that I have struggled to get into ACA, I've literally just finished the season and avoided relegation on the final day. I'm trying to decide whether to stick with it at the moment. 

Stade Rennais Season 4

103043665_transfers4.thumb.png.1d64c7a98566771da89e5d50f13c3d88.png

I wasn't able to retain Martial after his successful loan spell but Maoilida was a great alternative. Got Raphinha back on loan- his 50 million move last year hadn't worked out too well!

matchsquad4.thumb.png.82ef1c7372649e385cc027cbbe479749.png

My first choice team.

-Average age squad only 23.

-Maoilida top scorer, followed closely by Gaich who our player of the season

-Gnagon Camavinga and Lihadji got in the team of season
- Young winger Da Cunha did well with 10 goals and 20 assists

comp4.thumb.png.395e1aa3f5565b01c8f7ff6769bcfe20.png

-Finally won the French Supercup against PSG, after two penalty shootout losses

-Retained the Coupe De France, with an easy win against Bordeaux 

-I was unable to retain the title however. Fixture congestion really messed things up, although I doubt I was ever gonna beat that ridiculous PSG team- 108 points, 97GD!!!  They spent 250m after missing out to us last year hah

-Won the Champions League. Edged past Barca in extra time in the semi and then won the final on penalties.  After the first knockout stage, I did prioritise this over the league  though...and yea amazingly, it worked out!

rennaisclwin.thumb.png.e6b5f8fb7eca23a9a21eddf25ae0447e.png

Also had a couple of good sequences-  scored 37 games in a row and won 23 games in a row

So yea a successful season. Now time to wrestle back control of the league from PSG...

Edited by causticgrip

On 07/08/2020 at 23:30, causticgrip said:

Stade Rennais Season 4

103043665_transfers4.thumb.png.1d64c7a98566771da89e5d50f13c3d88.png

I wasn't able to retain Martial after his successful loan spell but Maoilida was a great alternative. Got Raphinha back on loan- his 50 million move last year hadn't worked out too well!

matchsquad4.thumb.png.82ef1c7372649e385cc027cbbe479749.png

My first choice team.

-Average age squad only 23.

-Maoilida top scorer, followed closely by Gaich who our player of the season

-Gnagon Camavinga and Lihadji got in the team of season
- Young winger Da Cunha did well with 10 goals and 20 assists

comp4.thumb.png.395e1aa3f5565b01c8f7ff6769bcfe20.png

-Finally won the French Supercup against PSG, after two penalty shootout losses

-Retained the Coupe De France, with an easy win against Bordeaux 

-I was unable to retain the title however. Fixture congestion really messed things up, although I doubt I was ever gonna beat that ridiculous PSG team- 108 points, 97GD!!!  They spent 250m after missing out to us last year hah

-Won the Champions League. Edged past Barca in extra time in the semi and then won the final on penalties.  After the first knockout stage, I did prioritise this over the league  though...and yea amazingly, it worked out!

rennaisclwin.thumb.png.e6b5f8fb7eca23a9a21eddf25ae0447e.png

Also had a couple of good sequences-  scored 37 games in a row and won 23 games in a row

So yea a successful season. Now time to wrestle back control of the league from PSG...

That's a fine season there. PSG looked ridiculous though! We're you responsible for either of their defeats? 

After a lot of thinking about whether I wanted to continue my stay in France, I decided to keep it going and see what, if anything I can do with Ajaccio. Now that I've had a preseason under my belt and have been able to ship out some players and improve on the squad, I'm hopeful that we can stay up - although I'd rather not let it go down to the final game this season!

This season's squad:

image.thumb.png.52d86ccd33e4a20c0cde33830a6d5d0c.png

image.thumb.png.42ecffe4e49df045d12082856bf35258.png

It's a trimmed down squad from last year with either players being sold or moved to the 2nd team if I couldn't find a buyer.

Speaking of transfers:

image.thumb.png.080a042e74533bce2a34f2653df84971.png

I'm particularly excited about 2 of the signings I made:

Jessy Deminguet - Came in on a free transfer from SM Caen:

image.thumb.png.94167094dd196fa53642526c324bea96.png

Dejan Zukic - £3.5m from Partizan to play in the AP role

image.thumb.png.3c1dfb03a4721cbf8f980ccc477e810f.png

The Zukic transfer very nearly didn't happen though, had another deal not failed to go through. My scouts alerted me to a young man coming to the end of his contract, despite showing absolutely no interest in coming to Corsica, I kept on declaring him as a target whenever I could & tried to get him to enter contract talks but to no avail. Eventually, July 1st rolled around and his contract had expired with no interest from other clubs - I was gobsmacked, so I made my move. Negotiations dragged on but eventually we struck a deal, all I had to do was wait for him to accept...

To my dismay, at the very last minute Burnley made an offer and my chance was gone. Jude Bellingham would not be moving to Corsica :(

So the season will start imminently with a trip to OGC Nice, our friendlies went well in general with our only defeats coming against Milan and Club Brugges:

image.thumb.png.ed971d5fa122c3d0a8b29346887c1d8b.png

And we are clearly not expected to enjoy this season as is shown in our 1000-1 odds for the title:

image.thumb.png.58df7c0341576f82eaf404bf2d83644c.png

So, I'm sure this season will be a struggle but I can only give it my best and the squad do to!

Allez L'ACA!

image.png

Edited by raymondafc

@raymondafc Zukic looks good, Deminguet has some serious weaknesses but maybe he can do a job if played to his strengths. Unlucky on Bellingham, so close to a massive coup there. Both Tramoni brothers usually turn out really well, but if you needed the money I understand. Lihadji on a free is one to consider, unless it's too late. Good luck in Corsica.

On 09/08/2020 at 11:54, raymondafc said:

That's a fine season there. PSG looked ridiculous though! We're you responsible for either of their defeats? 

Cheers. Unfortunately I wasn't- my defense couldn't keep out the likes of Mbappe, Neymar, Kane, Mane, Bailey, Coman, Depay...

However, i'm currently getting towards the end of my 5th season and I feel like the rivalry is turning in my favour:

psgrivalry.thumb.png.32eacd31fee86212a18e07c4094836ff.png

Still one league game against each other to go this season. And there's the chance I'll meet them in the cup final and maybe even the Champions League...