Unofficial French League Superthread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOSC Lille

update 1.5

Our first game was our first final of the series. And also the first and last Coupe de la Ligue final. Sold out Stade de France.

Unbenannt.thumb.png.8c21c396c66d543b09b98a65ab9f8242.png

Image result for PSG

Neymar Jr Crying GIF by Confederação Brasileira de Futebol

Our league campaign also went decently well.

Unbenannt.thumb.png.ec9cc744e6b71832ece976d9ba38c198.png

Unbenannt.thumb.png.898919c27b0dd8b7f7e9965490ed1968.png

Unbenannt.thumb.png.420b463ec7334b4066d092b69ea0ad27.png

season awards:

Unbenannt.thumb.png.accf6466237ca31b8bd586ad789e6238.png

season overview:

Unbenannt.thumb.png.70f217362dbf17310151833472378147.png

UEL winners: Arsenal

UCL winners: Liverpool (trashing City 5-0 in the final)

Promoted:

Lorient and Clermont (Montpellier beat Valenciennes in the playoff)

Overall it has been an exceptional season for us. We won silverware and won the league in our first season. PSG did not have their best season and I expect to be extremely strong next season but I'm still very happy. Our transfer budget for next season will be 12 million so we will see what we can do there to strengthen the team for Champions League football next year.

26 minutes ago, bendixkunert2 said:

LOSC Lille

update 1.5

Our first game was our first final of the series. And also the first and last Coupe de la Ligue final. Sold out Stade de France.

Image result for PSG

season awards:

season overview:

Promoted:

Overall it has been an exceptional season for us. We won silverware and won the league in our first season. PSG did not have their best season and I expect to be extremely strong next season but I'm still very happy. Our transfer budget for next season will be 12 million so we will see what we can do there to strengthen the team for Champions League football next year.

Great effort, love that Neymar vid

Don't know why but I got a little annoyed at this result, 2-0 up, 3-1 up and then concede three goals after the 90th Minute, 5 mins of injury time and PSG score in the 97th!!!!

image.thumb.png.95720bd8c168b37da473e8063f53e19a.png

Edited by AddicksFan

2 hours ago, bendixkunert2 said:

LOSC Lille

update 1.5

Image result for PSG

season awards:

season overview:

Promoted:

Well done winning the title mate, I hope the success continues.

August & September Results

I have had a very good first 2 months, Only losing twice. 

Key victories over PSG and Marseille helped.

image.thumb.png.b92e6032d9af63f557b7247a7be91542.png

I have let to lose in the league which is good. I am currently 3rd in the league with 18 points.

image.thumb.png.0ca206bbaafafe9fddc482c877f03042.png

Diallo is my 3rd best striker now after the emergence of Jean-Marie Royer, a newgen striker who has scored 5 goals in 7 games so far.

Loba has come back but started slow with just 1 goal in 4 games.

image.thumb.png.81b195c5cadc2975046123d554b97d23.png

image.thumb.png.4abec8ffd4fdb5025b51e82b3ab0015c.png

I truly sometimes do not understand this game at all.

Liverpool just came in for one of my youngsters, unsettled him, he asked to leave, I said no originally as they only offered his current value of £250K, they came back in, I negotiated and sold him for 10M plus 40% of next sale.

Players are unhappy that I backed down, even though the club was in debt due to every single greedy player coming to me for improved contracts due to being in Ligue 1!!

The board are unhappy with the finances involved....even though it's a record fee for Sochaux! 

I just wish a little more intelligence was placed into the Transfer system and the effects it has....

9 hours ago, Travis Bickle said:

Will PSG ever lose? Their draw was against me. 

Screenshot 2020-06-02 at 14.25.08.png

Check their Lineup they probably have an ALL-STAR Team with World Class Backups...Benchwarmers probably make $15M/Year!

48 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Yeah I noticed that as well but he is doing well so far. I just got to see how he carries on. the way he is going I will get 30 goals a season out of him if he can keep performing.

Then sell him after the 30 goal season.

I just got some good news from my mentoring group. Jean Marie Royer has picked up some positive and negative traits and now he has a fairly ambitious personality so that is better then before.

image.thumb.png.8dd51c3847c55069fc314d4e96d4db45.png

image.thumb.png.0b0b18ade6bc629839d6f59c4cdbf76e.png

I am currently 3rd place after 15 games played, I had a bit of a bad run of losing 3 games in a row.

image.thumb.png.6ee840f89fda99110ca7ece9a3a032b6.png

I finally got a win in the Champipns League against Napoli but lost the next Champions League game against Athletico Madrid.

image.thumb.png.fb4746f5a125abc9a4db13a9ea1b0443.png

A sad day at FC Metz with the departure of legend Habib Diallo. He was 29 and wasn't getting in the first team after Loba and now Royer have took his place. I felt like he needed to go to get his career back on track and I think he will do well for Cagiliri.

I wish him well and I will try bring him back as a coach in the future.

image.thumb.png.8df1ceecceb878b8d5c33f19aab9259a.png

He had a hell of a career at Metz signing in 2013 and being at the club for 11 years scoring over 100 goals.

10 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

A sad day at FC Metz with the departure of legend Habib Diallo. He was 29 and wasn't getting in the first team after Loba and now Royer have took his place. I felt like he needed to go to get his career back on track and I think he will do well for Cagiliri.

I wish him well and I will try bring him back as a coach in the future.

image.thumb.png.8df1ceecceb878b8d5c33f19aab9259a.png

He had a hell of a career at Metz signing in 2013 and being at the club for 11 years scoring over 100 goals.

A very difficult decision to make, but he has served you well and hopefully he will do good things there too.

Unlucky with the consequences of the PSV game, but it was a tough group and you're still doing a great job in the league.

I'm in the summer transfer window at FC Lorient now, seeing whether I need to make any first team signings or not (and if I do, can they be 'new names' too).

@Ronaldo Beckham some excellent updates there! Bad luck in the CL but it was a very hard group to be fair. Royer seems to be coming along well, although it is strange that his determination went down as his personality improved. Also can you post up your squad for Ivory Coast? You'll see why below :D

One significant update from my save in the summer of 2023, I FINALLY have an international job and it's the one I wanted. The Ivory Coast crashed out of the AFCON at the first knockout stage which was like music to my ears. I got offers from them and Algeria but given I currently have 3 good young Ivorian players in my squad there was only one choice to make. 

40 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

One significant update from my save in the summer of 2023, I FINALLY have an international job and it's the one I wanted. The Ivory Coast crashed out of the AFCON at the first knockout stage which was like music to my ears. I got offers from them and Algeria but given I currently have 3 good young Ivorian players in my squad there was only one choice to make. 

Great news! That means half of my squad(s) and targets will soon be appearing on the forum much more frequently :lol:

3 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

A very difficult decision to make, but he has served you well and hopefully he will do good things there too.

Unlucky with the consequences of the PSV game, but it was a tough group and you're still doing a great job in the league.

I'm in the summer transfer window at FC Lorient now, seeing whether I need to make any first team signings or not (and if I do, can they be 'new names' too).

Yeah it was crushing as I was aiming to get 3rd place so I can get Europa League but hopefully I can start getting top 4 position every season from now on.

Royer is amazing, he is also only 21 and a product of the youth academy, I got 2-3 players now that are first team regulars that have come through the youth academy so I am happy with that.

Before I am done with Metz I am hoping to win the French league with just youth team products.

2 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

@Ronaldo Beckham some excellent updates there! Bad luck in the CL but it was a very hard group to be fair. Royer seems to be coming along well, although it is strange that his determination went down as his personality improved. Also can you post up your squad for Ivory Coast? You'll see why below :D

Thanks for the kind words as always buddy. Congrats getting the Ivory Coast job. Make sure you pick Loba and Guiagon as they are awesome players. I will post my Ivory Coast squad later but its mostly the players you would find in the real life squad I think but I will definitely post the squad later. Just at work at the moment.

Just now, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Thanks for the kind words as always buddy. Congrats getting the Ivory Coast job. Make sure you pick Loba and Guiagon as they are awesome players. I will post my Ivory Coast squad later but its mostly the players you would find in the real life squad I think but I will definitely post the squad later. Just at work at the moment.

Guiagon isn't on my game unfortunately. Loba I will check on. 

1 minute ago, karanhsingh said:

Guiagon isn't on my game unfortunately. Loba I will check on. 

Oh ok that is a shame. Loba plays for Monterrey FC who are based in Mexico if you didn't know already.

You might want to sign him for your team if you can as you will see first hand how good he is. 

1 hour ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Oh ok that is a shame. Loba plays for Monterrey FC who are based in Mexico if you didn't know already.

You might want to sign him for your team if you can as you will see first hand how good he is. 

He's not on my game either it seems. So much for a large database. 

Sochaux - January and February update (Season 2)

January was a hard month for the team, Eboa Eboa and King Kebbeh departed for the Africa Cup of Nations leaving us without two key players for a number of weeks....the fixtures weren't kind to us with two games against PSG...to which we suffered a bad loss after leading 2-0 before finally going down 6-3 after three goals in added time!! Another loss to PSG this time in the Cup, no complaints totally outplayed followed by a painful loss away to Lens.  February was totally different with the home form being fantastic and laying the foundation for our push to qualifying for European football next season. April looks to be a make or break in terms of Europe as we have tough games Away to Marseille and Lyon.

image.thumb.png.1938be0a40068d0ec3350b3023c58516.png

My player of the Month/s - He has really stepped up these past couple of Months and has scored some invaluable goals

image.thumb.png.eff9920ab731a4b1d024d37bfa98226b.png

image.thumb.png.493e5029dd212e09893cd4718716e2a9.png

The Transfer window was somewhat of an annoyance, with many inform and influential players being the subject of transfer bids from larger teams causing unrest within the dressing room after I gave in and sold an excellent youth prospect that had broken into the first team to Liverpool, a record transfer fee received of £10M with a 40% sell on clause.

Sidy DIagne - Sold for £10M plus 40% sell on

image.thumb.png.f4993b0eca49366cc3eca33e9680c092.png

Also out went Anthony Lala a young and potentially talented LB to Lorient for £275K and the out of favour and getting on a bit Pape Paye left on a Free to Bourg en Bresse

We didn't bring anyone in but we have made two Free signings joining 1st July 21

A replacement for Diagne and likely starter next season with great potential:-

image.thumb.png.9bac18554a501c997557109d8c76f700.png

Someone to provide depth to the team and be allowed time to grow:-

image.thumb.png.ffb9df9ca601b49339d42cd67af6231e.png

The club finances are now looking so much better. The sale of Diagne has mean't we could stabilise the wage budget and get a couple of important contracts sewn up

image.thumb.png.65f410ab05644af890f344d28307cf6f.png

Here's the League Table - Looking good for Sochaux

image.thumb.png.312fde58b4fed63007ec4da33acb00aa.png

16 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

@AddicksFan Looking very good for Sochaux. I think we all have Parfait & Brahima, but it's obvious to do so.

Yeah it's going well,.

Especially when both are 5 star potential and so cheap to pick up....I only sign players recommended by my scouts. I won't sign them because I know from previous saves they turn out decent in FM

2 minutes ago, AddicksFan said:

Yeah it's going well,.

Especially when both are 5 star potential and so cheap to pick up....I only sign players recommended by my scouts. I won't sign them because I know from previous saves they turn out decent in FM

Indeed, all agreed. In fact, I would actively try not to sign somebody because I've seen their name mentioned. Have you been training Brahima as a striker?

12 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Indeed, all agreed. In fact, I would actively try not to sign somebody because I've seen their name mentioned. Have you been training Brahima as a striker?

Yes I have, just needs to play games there now

53 minutes ago, AddicksFan said:

Yes I have, just needs to play games there now

I thought I saw something different there! In real life, he wouldn't be able to play that role, but in FM he looks like he could for you . Good luck, I like your outside of the box (no pun intended) thinking.

Edited by Jogo Bonito

16 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

In 

I thought I saw something different there! In real life, he wouldn't be able to play that role, but in FM he looks like he could for you . Good luck, I like your outside of the box (no pun intended) thinking.

Haha, Now I've read your Lorient thread, are you sure there was no pun intended...:lol:

Yeah going to play him there in pre-season and see how he does.

4 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Why aren't any of these guys on my game :seagull:

I've got a large DB with Europe, Africa and South America loaded, I selectedd everything except "players in Nation" as that would of been a huge number of players to contend with.

46 minutes ago, AddicksFan said:

Haha, Now I've read your Lorient thread, are you sure there was no pun intended...:lol:

Yeah going to play him there in pre-season and see how he does.

Erm, yeah, well, I guess I do like a good pun from time to time

:ackter:

P.S. I've added the final piece of the 19/20 season review, with a bit on the 2nd Team and Under 19 squad in the FMCU page.

Edited by Jogo Bonito

Royer has scored 20 goals now in 23 games and still got half the season to go.

image.thumb.png.138275e064437b892bc0b6b373462768.png

I am currently 4th in the league, neck and neck with Marseille on points who are 3rd, PSG has 49 points and Lyon have 50 points. I can't see me getting higher then 3rd place. Luckily I am 10 points ahead of 5th place but its only January so still plenty of time for things to change.

image.thumb.png.cd2a468652f43f1f774d3b24fb37b855.png

Royer and Metz are rocking along very nicely. Keep it up, hopefully you can get a Champions League spot.

I'm about to begin pre-season friendlies, I think my incoming business is already complete though, I have resisted temptation with upgrades and have made just one definite first team signing.

Does anybody know how to easily register your Ligue 1 squad with some extra players without moving all the 2nd Team players to the first team squad and then moving them back out after registration? I have about 20 players in my 2nd team that I would like to stay there, but I also want to have them registered for the main squad as a contingency.

Last year I registered only 25 players, and when I had an injury crisis in the last week or two, I couldn't call up and register any of the 2nd team. No wonder some of them had been miffed all season that I hadn't registered them...

1 minute ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Royer and Metz are rocking along very nicely. Keep it up, hopefully you can get a Champions League spot.

I'm about to begin pre-season friendlies, I think my incoming business is already complete though, I have resisted temptation with upgrades and have made just one definite first team signing.

Does anybody know how to easily register your Ligue 1 squad with some extra players without moving all the 2nd Team players to the first team squad and then moving them back out after registration? I have about 20 players in my 2nd team that I would like to stay there, but I also want to have them registered for the main squad as a contingency.

Last year I registered only 25 players, and when I had an injury crisis in the last week or two, I couldn't call up and register any of the 2nd team. No wonder some of them had been miffed all season that I hadn't registered them...

Cheers Jogo.

I aint got a clue how to help you. Maybe start a post in the General Discussion thread and hopefully someone will help you.