Will anyone be buying FM21?

I won't be buying the game unless the MLS gets properly tested so that teams aren't going into the season with a roster of 10 players. Enough points about this have been raised on this website but just get ignored. 

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's interesting that in this thread there's a lot of people complaining that the game is too complex and difficult, and then there's another thread with players claiming it is too easy. Suggests that SI have managed to make the game the worst of all worlds, with it being too complex for newer or more casual players and too easy for veterans. To solve this they probably need to go all out with having two completely different versions of the game and selling and marketing these separately, promoting FM Touch as a true successor to the old CM games that people grew up with and making it accessible for new players while making a full on hardcore simulation for those who want that.

It doesn't help that FM20 has a truly dreadful ME. All you have to do in compress the game into the opposition half and wait for goals from crosses, set pieces and long shots, which is far more effective than actually playing the game properly by creating clear cut chances and one on ones. Makes it miserable, boring and mind numbingly easy.

Calling FM difficult is a joke. It's not too hard at all. I've been playing the iterations for nearly two decades, my friend played it for the first ever time with me. I was Everton and he was Leicester and we finished 4th and 5th respectively. That's 20 years of experience vs none separated by about 3 points. FM is a game with some variance which is probably it's greatest asset since it actually reflects the realism of football quite well. It reflects it so god damn well that people actually think it's scripted which is hilarious. If you watched the United vs Brighton game today you can imagine someone played that game as Brighton on FM they would be coming on to this forum and saying "Dominated game, hit woodwork several time, but just KNEW United would win in the last minute! Stupid scripted moments". But once you play a couple of seasons and the variance has had time to even out you can see how easy it is to overachieve.

Even on a macro level in no way is FM difficult. Your training schedules are sorted, you have preset tactics, you can outplay the AI in the transfer market easily. You can literally search the entire database of football players ingame and ignore scouting completely. In fact picking any top team is essentially playing on "Very Easy setting". It's only when you set your own challenges (like National Vanarama to Div P, Attribute masking, Scouts only or Homegrown only players) that the game is a challenge.

Sure, if you play FM for the first time ever you might get overwhelmed a bit, but it is a strategy game to a degree. Look at games like Civ 6 or Crusader Kings lll and tell me FM is anything close to being difficult to play or learn lol.

Anyways, I personally think FM needs to focus more on it's glaring flaws like an ME engine that is painful to watch, AI making poor transfers, and abusable tactical implementations. I also thinking the player interactions are tedious and match shouts are basically just a meme at this point.

Edited by FMExperiment

13 hours ago, KeegBCFC said:

I won't be buying the game unless the MLS gets properly tested so that teams aren't going into the season with a roster of 10 players. Enough points about this have been raised on this website but just get ignored. 

I wish they’d integrate the USL more with MLS clubs. Like how Galaxy have Galaxy II and Timbers have Timbers II etc. That way we could have a waaaay easier method of getting our players match fitness up so they can play instead of going out of our way to arrange friendlies and sit through another match after match day and risk injuring our back ups as well.

An academy youth league would be easier. Nothing crazy or specific. Just a general U-18 league for our academies. 

If FM21 had those two things I’d buy it for sure.

I absolutely will be buying it as I do each year.

I don't find it too easy now but don't find it too difficult, a happy medium.

I can see how those completely new to the game do struggle but if the idea is to make it as realistic a simulator as possible rather than an arcade experience this is going to get progressively worse.

Am on the fence for sure this time round. I really like the game out side of match days. I have not enjoyed the match engine for a few years now.

However the game is now coming to Xbox, and while it will be more like FM Touch, I am excited to see what that brings. I really hope there is a way to deal with morale as that's my biggest issue with FM Touch.

But no pre-order from me this year.

On 25/09/2020 at 09:38, toffee71 said:

Had to, can't wait to see how James Rodriguez reacts to me waddling into dressing room.

@bigmattb28 relying on you to start the is it here yet, when the time comes.

Hahah that thread was the greatest 2 days of my life. It's even on my CV. I won the day twice on this forum because of that thread. Brings a tear to my eye. #memories

On 23/09/2020 at 01:32, LeeWHU888 said:

the game does everything it can to stop you winning (constant late goals, equalisers from 20-30 yards late on, giving silly penalties away, opposition GK saving everything)

As a Spurs fan, this sounds to me like an excellent representation of real world football.

No question at all, I'll be buying it as I have done for many years.

Of course it's not perfect. It's a game, a simulation, and FM is never going to be able to replicate the madness and variety of football, that's impossible.

It does a bloody good job though, far better than anything that's ever tried to challenge it. And I really don't get this idea that each edition is just a data update with a few added superficial extras. The added features on FM20 for me really added to the depth and gameplay.

30 or 40 quid for a game that gives me literally hundreds if not thousands of hours of enjoyment (and yes, frustration when I'm losing!) is a no brainer for me. I appreciate that some find it too hard or too easy or too unrealistic, and that's fine, I would just say give yourself a year's break from it and come back if you get withdrawal symptoms...

I don't often post in here, but there's been some interesting and well-made points made in regards to the game difficulty and playing experience. 

The fact that there have been well-reasoned points on both sides of the argument around whether the game is too easy or not, suggests to me that SI are probably there or thereabouts in terms of finding that tricky balance between being challenging enough for experienced players and engaging enough for those playing the game for the first time. 

Personally speaking, one of the biggest challenges I have is understanding why my team isn't working tactically and I can identify with some of the posts highlighting that. I do feel that unless I pay great attention to detail in the actual matches - i.e. watching in full - then it's difficult to pick out exactly what's not working in my system and before being able to consider how to solve it.  

I think that's the crucial thing worth remembering for people who're frustrated by the ME - being able to correctly diagnose what's not working in your tactics before trying to fix it.

If you get the diagnosis wrong, everything else you do to compensate it is essentially just going to complicate their original problem, and that's where I think people get frustrated and feel lost. 

I've always bought FM but I'm not sure.

History has told me it's never really fully playable until the 3rd patch. Even then there are some issues with FM20 that still bug me a lot. 

Primarily, I am not confident transitional seasons because of Covid will be implemented properly. I think I'll wait probably a month after release and see what people are saying. 

FM doesn't grip me like it used to. I've made thorough posts on this before. I wish they'd focus more on tactics and recruitment rather than other gimmicks. The poster above that mentioned how his son couldn't get into it, without any offence, I also struggled to get FM as a 12 year old and I'm not sure it's possible to make a game that is simple enough for a 12 year old but also complex enough for a football mature adult. But by my mid-late teens, for sure I was hooked by the idea of recruiting the players I wanted and building them into tactical systems. Now days I just feel the ME has just become too...I'm not sure this is the word, but ideological. Like I've said many times, it feels like you're forced to play certain ways instead of having the fluidity to build your own tactical system and implementing it. 

Gone are the days I'd enjoy debating how to implement 4-1-3-2 or 3-3-1-3. Now days I just know that for the last 2-3FM's there's a set formation or play style that'll win and everything else is unimportant.

I hope the good people at SI have taken on board some of the criticisms with the game and do their best, but at the moment I'm not confident. I hope to be proven wrong.

Nope, I'll wait and see what people on here say about the ME when it comes out. I really hope it will be a lot better than FM20, cause I miss playing FM but the ME ruined it for me this year. I didn't get past the third season and sadly it's not possible for me to go back to FM19 or earlier because I don't like it when player's stats are not up to date. Let's wait and see, if the ME is not good again I will do the same for FM22, and so on until there's a ME that reflects real life football in an acceptable way.

Not until March, if the new features are worth the change, otherwise I'll stick with FM20. Last year the game was unplayable until March, so I learnt my lesson. Will keep reading the feedback given by the Community though once the game is out. Watch my favourite Youtubers and make a final decision. Won't be pre-ordering for sure.

On 30/09/2020 at 03:43, Travis Bickle said:

I've always bought FM but I'm not sure.

History has told me it's never really fully playable until the 3rd patch. Even then there are some issues with FM20 that still bug me a lot. 

Primarily, I am not confident transitional seasons because of Covid will be implemented properly. I think I'll wait probably a month after release and see what people are saying. 

FM doesn't grip me like it used to. I've made thorough posts on this before. I wish they'd focus more on tactics and recruitment rather than other gimmicks. The poster above that mentioned how his son couldn't get into it, without any offence, I also struggled to get FM as a 12 year old and I'm not sure it's possible to make a game that is simple enough for a 12 year old but also complex enough for a football mature adult. But by my mid-late teens, for sure I was hooked by the idea of recruiting the players I wanted and building them into tactical systems. Now days I just feel the ME has just become too...I'm not sure this is the word, but ideological. Like I've said many times, it feels like you're forced to play certain ways instead of having the fluidity to build your own tactical system and implementing it. 

Gone are the days I'd enjoy debating how to implement 4-1-3-2 or 3-3-1-3. Now days I just know that for the last 2-3FM's there's a set formation or play style that'll win and everything else is unimportant.

I hope the good people at SI have taken on board some of the criticisms with the game and do their best, but at the moment I'm not confident. I hope to be proven wrong.

I think the word your looking for is Sterile !!! . 

On 29/09/2020 at 15:43, Travis Bickle said:

FM doesn't grip me like it used to. I've made thorough posts on this before. I wish they'd focus more on tactics and recruitment rather than other gimmicks.

This. I've never seen a company so thoroughly lose touch with what made their game unique and popular- a legitimately realistic simulation of football. People don't care about the fake tweets, they don't care about press conferences, and they don't care about team talks or random coinflip interactions with players. I think it all started with things like the  3d match engine, which was made a huge priority by SI despite basically no one asking for it. It's only gotten worse since. Now they've overcomplicated things like training, so if you want to minmax there's no difficulty, just the annoying monotony of setting everything up.

The thing is this: despite by all rights being a buggy mess, FM20 has very positive reviews. Like any sports game, there are enough casual fans who buy the newest iteration to always make money. And SI will only ever be attempting to appeal to the lowest common denominator to maintain sales.

I didn't get FM20 and consider that a very good decision. I don't think I will be getting any more FMs for quite a while, possibly never. Everything from tactics to training to the circus of random **** you have to do like press conferences, pep talks, meetings, etc. I just simply can't be asked. I bounce around FM 16 and 18 and generally have a decent time. I tried an FM19 save recently but got tired out from just how much other stuff you have to do aside from actually playing the games! 

13 hours ago, hagedisboy said:

Nope, I'll wait and see what people on here say about the ME when it comes out.

Just like every year, there will be people who'll like the ME and people who won't.  There will be people who will point out particular issues and people who will try to offer support and advice.  And there will be some who will just rant and swear.  But nobody, not even SI, will says it's perfect.

So where does that leave you?  Who to believe?  How to decide?  Simple answer, believe yourself - there will be a free demo to try out.  Nobody's opinion will ever be as important as your own.  Who cares what everyone else thinks when you yourself can try things out for free and at zero risk.

As Brian once told us, you've got to think for yourselves, you're all individuals! :D

10 hours ago, anxiousAnarchist said:

This. I've never seen a company so thoroughly lose touch with what made their game unique and popular- a legitimately realistic simulation of football. People don't care about the fake tweets, they don't care about press conferences, and they don't care about team talks or random coinflip interactions with players. I think it all started with things like the  3d match engine, which was made a huge priority by SI despite basically no one asking for it. It's only gotten worse since. Now they've overcomplicated things like training, so if you want to minmax there's no difficulty, just the annoying monotony of setting everything up.

The thing is this: despite by all rights being a buggy mess, FM20 has very positive reviews. Like any sports game, there are enough casual fans who buy the newest iteration to always make money. And SI will only ever be attempting to appeal to the lowest common denominator to maintain sales.

I didn't get FM20 and consider that a very good decision. I don't think I will be getting any more FMs for quite a while, possibly never. Everything from tactics to training to the circus of random **** you have to do like press conferences, pep talks, meetings, etc. I just simply can't be asked. I bounce around FM 16 and 18 and generally have a decent time. I tried an FM19 save recently but got tired out from just how much other stuff you have to do aside from actually playing the games! 

People then say, just play FMT. 

Well, I don't want to and that's besides the point. Instead of having a very good ME/Recruitment/Training mechanism AND a bunch of gimmicks, we just get a bunch of gimmicks. They totally messed up the recruitment/responsibilities screens because who knows, the social media feed is a total waste of space and I doubt many people care too much about Loan Managers. Even something that is an alright addition, like the Development Centre, well I'd happily take more time spent on the ME than a Development Centre interface that practically does nothing in terms of actually helping development. 

I wish they would just go back to what made them great.

There was a period in which FM felt like you were a real football manager because the world of tactics and recruitment were so immersive. People play FM because they generally love football and want to implement tactical styles and recruitment strategies they see on TV or spend hours debating with their friends. I don't play FM to answer the same questions before every single game and argue with my third choice goalkeeper why I sold a "promising" regen with 4 determination for 10M with a 40% sell on clause.  

10 minutes ago, Travis Bickle said:

People then say, just play FMT. 

Well, I don't want to and that's besides the point. Instead of having a very good ME/Recruitment/Training mechanism AND a bunch of gimmicks, we just get a bunch of gimmicks. They totally messed up the recruitment/responsibilities screens because who knows, the social media feed is a total waste of space and I doubt many people care too much about Loan Managers. Even something that is an alright addition, like the Development Centre, well I'd happily take more time spent on the ME than a Development Centre interface that practically does nothing in terms of actually helping development. 

I wish they would just go back to what made them great.

There was a period in which FM felt like you were a real football manager because the world of tactics and recruitment were so immersive. People play FM because they generally love football and want to implement tactical styles and recruitment strategies they see on TV or spend hours debating with their friends. I don't play FM to answer the same questions before every single game and argue with my third choice goalkeeper why I sold a "promising" regen with 4 determination for 10M with a 40% sell on clause.  

Unfortunately, we are in the road, that is FM is a football Simulation above all else. Meaning that every aspect of football life that is related to a Managing a football team and its players, be in the game and simulated. Managers do Press Conferences... FMers do Press Conferences as well. Clubs have to interact with agents... Fmers have to interact with agents. And so on. Long are the days of transfers only between clubs and the focus was only on Transfers and Tactics, and believe me when I say those days unfortunately are never coming back. Unless something drastic occurs that won't change that. Removing features, is quite high risk, because you will risk alienating a good portion of the current costumers. The only two solution is making FM even more modular, where each FMers, chose what to activate or not and do FM Touch an exclusive for Ipads/Tablets and Switch. Or show more love to FM Touch, specially those that prefer play Touch on the PC and Mac. For me in the immediate future, as long we are not have FM fully modular, is too split, FM Touch (exclusive for Ipad/Tablets and Switch) and FM Classic (for PC and Mac). But that is me.

6 minutes ago, grade said:

Unfortunately, we are in the road, that is FM is a football Simulation above all else. Meaning that every aspect of football life that is related to a Managing a football team and its players, be in the game and simulated. Managers do Press Conferences... FMers do Press Conferences as well. Clubs have to interact with agents... Fmers have to interact with agents. And so on. Long are the days of transfers only between clubs and the focus was only on Transfers and Tactics, and believe me when I say those days unfortunately are never coming back. Unless something drastic occurs that won't change that. Removing features, is quite high risk, because you will risk alienating a good portion of the current costumers. The only two solution is making FM even more modular, where each FMers, chose what to activate or not and do FM Touch an exclusive for Ipads/Tablets and Switch. Or show more love to FM Touch, specially those that prefer play Touch on the PC and Mac. For me in the immediate future, as long we are not have FM fully modular, is too split, FM Touch (exclusive for Ipad/Tablets and Switch) and FM Classic (for PC and Mac). But that is me.

They are poorly implemented though and do nothing for immersion.

I am talking about priorities first. 

They get the ME to a 9.5/10 standard, player recruitment to a 9.5/10 standard and THEN they can worry about the additional features imo.

2 hours ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

- There is basically no difference watching League 1 football or watching Ronaldo and Messi, it's the same ugly wee men ice skating around a football pitch rendered straight out of 2005

Exactly. I think it is really the time to work on better football representation, I don't even react anymore to "neeew training, neeww scouting" etc. 

Somehow, they managed to make 2D engine to be uglier than before, and 3D is still still stuck in the beggining of 2000's.

I know hard core fans will say "nooo FM is not about graphics, we want better press conferences" but I would really love to see some advancement in the representation, that would just make the game better.

11 minutes ago, Marko1989 said:

Somehow, they managed to make 2D engine to be uglier than before, and 3D is still still stuck in the beggining of 2000's.

I know hard core fans will say "nooo FM is not about graphics, we want better press conferences" but I would really love to see some advancement in the representation, that would just make the game better.

It's gotten to the point where die hard fans are begging for even the most basic improvements year to year. Improvements to things like UI, graphics, etc are a GIVEN in any other franchise. 

2 ore fa, Marko1989 ha scritto:

I know hard core fans will say "nooo FM is not about graphics, we want better press conferences"

Not really, not sure where you read that or what kind of hard core fans you hang out with.

But they don't attend this forum for sure.

Honestly they should take a break but financially for them that's impossible (Especially now) but they need to build the game from the ground up. Scrap everything and make this game up to the standards it set all those years ago. A Football Manager. An ME that actually plays like a real football game with teams playing in different tactics that set them apart, no more Gegeen presses or broken tactics that make it game breaking. Balance it all out for a game we can go back to years from now & say: "Damn, this is what it feels like". Add all the gimmicks you want but if the ME is a busted set piece, long range, penalty taking mess then I will pick my poison with good old FM 17.

In an ideal world it would be great to "pick and mix" various feature you want from a game. My ideal game would have no team talks, a press "strategy" under the hood that RNGs your interactions rather than duplicate answers every time, youth development (FM Touch misses this for me to ever pick it up) and being able to actually have a large database on FMT (rather than the hacky solution here 

I booted up FM18 recently after a while on FM20 it just felt like a relief on my mind looking at the clean, minimalist UI. The Football was somewhat realistic (I'm aware FM18 had some pretty glaring issues such as three strikers) and it just felt good to play. FM20 feels like a chore of sitting through missed 1vs1s, set piece goals and tactical limitations, such as removing the option to set team shape, this was a huge step back to the personalization of your style of play, see the discussion in this thread for more information:

Even if the ME could go back to FM18 and allow this customization of tactics, I could forgive SI. It's this weird irony of SI making the game itself full of bloated features making it more complex, whilst simplifying tactics to the point of making every tactic boring to watch, and that includes gegenpress. 

I'll pick up the demo and hope they have allowed this customization, but I don't hold out hope on it.

On 01/10/2020 at 06:23, anxiousAnarchist said:

This. I've never seen a company so thoroughly lose touch with what made their game unique and popular- a legitimately realistic simulation of football. People don't care about the fake tweets, they don't care about press conferences, and they don't care about team talks or random coinflip interactions with players. I think it all started with things like the  3d match engine, which was made a huge priority by SI despite basically no one asking for it. ... And SI will only ever be attempting to appeal to the lowest common denominator to maintain sales.

So true. Especially since press conferences, social media, team talks, etc., are so poorly implemented. And I had zero interest in 3D prior to its implementation and still do.

In regards to the last sentence ... what's sad is that it seemed like that didn't use to be the case. I've been playing this game for 15 years now, and it just seemed like when I started playing it, the focus was on being realistic. Now it's on making money. 

On 01/10/2020 at 17:37, Travis Bickle said:

This.

On 01/10/2020 at 18:00, grade said:

Removing features, is quite high risk, because you will risk alienating a good portion of the current costumers.

There are players who would miss press conferences, social media, team talks, etc.? Maybe these forums aren't an accurate representation of the overall view of FM players, but it seems like a massive majority here don't like those features and would be glad to see them gone, especially given their poorly developed state.

As far as the original question of this thread ... I think that I'll likely purchase 21 upon release, but it might be my last one, and, if it is, I probably won't be coming back. If I lose interest in something, that interest tends to be permanently gone.

7 hours ago, USASoundersFan said:

There are players who would miss press conferences, social media, team talks, etc.? Maybe these forums aren't an accurate representation of the overall view of FM players, but it seems like a massive majority here don't like those features and would be glad to see them gone, especially given their poorly developed state.

I agree that they are poorly developed but I also aknowledge the fact that it's very hard if not impossible to develop those features better due to lack of the real AI. Until then we are doomed to generic questions and generic social media posts. I also don't see the point of removing them when you can simply delegate press conferences to AM if you don't like them or not read the social media if you don't like it.

Personally, I don't care about social media in the game but I like press conferences even in this state as it is and I always attend them in person. If they keep adding new questions to database every year while also removing some of the questions based on the feedback they can get better.

6 hours ago, yolixeya said:

I also don't see the point of removing them when you can simply delegate press conferences to AM if you don't like them or not read the social media if you don't like it.

True, those aspects can be removed/ignored, but I don't like that the assistant manager's responses will affect the team's state of mind, something that's out of my control if I don't attend them myself. As far as social media goes, I'd like much of the information that's available there to go into my inbox instead.

Isn't the ultimate problem with the match engine that it feels like nothing actually matters?

The game looks at the relative strengths of both teams, decides the result then just plays out a game to get to that result. You can't setup a team defensively, they'll just concede loads from set pieces because the ME has decided the team must lose, and if you attack the set piece goals stop you just then concede goals from open play because we have to get to a realistic result.

I've said before, in my opinion the key issue with the match engine is that you can't break it or overcome it. Everything is focussed on realistic results to the point where stuff doesn't make sense. You can create a tactic that creates a load  of 1v1 chances but the results have to stay the same so none of them go in.

I do wonder how possible it would have been, for example, to get promoted as Sheffield United on the game. Is it possible on FM to be a team that's better than the sum of its parts? Because it feels like it isn't.

If MLS problems are fixed, i would. I'm fine with the match engine or another stuff. Just my favorite league MLS is really need improvement, that bothers me. Yeah the game can be better but thats the best we can get. I dont know maybe its because I'm an FM addict lol 

The biggest issue for me is the Al's unrational and unlogical thinking. For instance when youre managing a team outside the top leagues. Play Champions League and your star players desperately wants to leave to United or Chelsea just to be put in their U23s and get no playing time. 

Other than that i think its a good game. 

13 hours ago, bobbyb12345 said:

Isn't the ultimate problem with the match engine that it feels like nothing actually matters?

The game looks at the relative strengths of both teams, decides the result then just plays out a game to get to that result. You can't setup a team defensively, they'll just concede loads from set pieces because the ME has decided the team must lose, and if you attack the set piece goals stop you just then concede goals from open play because we have to get to a realistic result.

I've said before, in my opinion the key issue with the match engine is that you can't break it or overcome it. Everything is focussed on realistic results to the point where stuff doesn't make sense. You can create a tactic that creates a load  of 1v1 chances but the results have to stay the same so none of them go in.

This is not how the engine works btw. It doesn't calculate a result and works backwards from that. IT plays out a match, kick by kick, positioning by positioning, and whatever is the result at the end is the result. Hence if you create a tactic breaking things with loads of 1vs1 chances (which shouldn't be the easiest chances there are as the goal typically isn't open)...

It would undoubtedly be loads easier to balance if things worked the way you suggest though. No tweaking of any of that positioning and decision making necessary. Simply let the game roll out a (realistic) result, and let some arbitrary highlights fit that. At that point it would be a poor simulation of football/tactics tho. Don't give SI any ideas, mate! :D 

Edited by Svenc

13 hours ago, bobbyb12345 said:

I do wonder how possible it would have been, for example, to get promoted as Sheffield United on the game. Is it possible on FM to be a team that's better than the sum of its parts? Because it feels like it isn't.

Lol I've gotten two draws against chelsea and Liverpool with a japan club without my best player. Go figure the relative strength of both teams to my club.

8 hours ago, duwy said:

After the community match engine patch improving the engine of FM 2020 significantly, i’m not sure anymore.

I'd now amend my earlier statement ...

On 03/10/2020 at 05:08, USASoundersFan said:

As far as the original question of this thread ... I think that I'll likely purchase 21 upon release, but it might be my last one, and, if it is, I probably won't be coming back. If I lose interest in something, that interest tends to be permanently gone.

... to say that I will still most likely buy 21 upon release, but only if the ability to change the match engine remains. If they remove that, it'd be clear that they have no interest in creating the best game, just in earning the most money.

9 hours ago, duwy said:

After the community match engine patch improving the engine of FM 2020 significantly, i’m not sure anymore.

Given all that it does is tweak the physics, such that it causes behavioural issues in players that shouldn't happen, it honestly doesn't "significantly improve" the engine. If it did, and could be done by an individual with a text editor, I'm pretty sure it would have been done already by SI, given they have the ability to carry out millions of test matches with their software.

At most, it might make some things better while making other things worse, but it is, for all intents and purposes, a placebo.

On 10/1/2020 at 9:12 PM, Federico said:

Not really, not sure where you read that or what kind of hard core fans you hang out with.

But they don't attend this forum for sure.

I can  confirm that , they are there .They literally destroyed me in a topic when I compared the graphics of FM with mobile game  

they said to me " blablabla but if FM got better graphic, we will no longer be able to play with our  potatoes PC  ( netbook pc etc...) and I had to prove that it was wrong

14 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Given all that it does is tweak the physics, such that it causes behavioural issues in players that shouldn't happen, it honestly doesn't "significantly improve" the engine. If it did, and could be done by an individual with a text editor, I'm pretty sure it would have been done already by SI, given they have the ability to carry out millions of test matches with their software.

At most, it might make some things better while making other things worse, but it is, for all intents and purposes, a placebo.

Lol. I will say exactly. Because it’s almost match engine I posted as ‘match engine patch’. But it’s not the core engine or file. So I added the word ‘patch’ because this file is one of the most important things to change match engine which works for matches. As you said, it’s physics value by time value. This isn’t core engine patch or changes animation. I don’t know how to do it. 
Surely I’m not even coder or programmer and not only my country’s community but also all of FM users in the world mostly says ‘it’s much better and comprehensive of watching matches’. So it means, whatever SI intended by making their match engine, it didn’t perform theoretically in game as people watch real football. I never think my Engine patch file is very good. No one can know what SI wanted to work for matches with their graphic file and game and match engine files. But far more comprehensive from normal engine if SI DOESN’T HAVE MIND TO IMPROVE THEIR GRAPHICS OR ENGINE. The most Comments I’ve seen from people are ‘finally players don’t fu** the cross to enemy body without reason‘ and ‘Finally players passes to empty space’. 
Everyone knows why SI releases game like this annually. It so dumb if people don’t know. 

The most ridiculous thing I saw in original json file is SI even made letter mistake in their own json file. That’s how they think about users. ‘We don’t have any competitor’. 

Edited by BillgatesS