Will anyone be buying FM21?

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i always wait around to see if the new edition is worth buying. i avoided buying FM19 bcz i jz dun like the feel of it. Every ME has its own issues and i feel the current ME is a bit unfairly criticized in some threads. i have took some time to carefully look into some claims of the current ME and always come out unconvinced. As long the ME allows me to succeed in multiple different ways and does not have any gamebreaking bugs and exploits, i will buy and support the game. 

First we will need to know if there will be an FM21.

Second, too soon to tell but I'm one of the persons economicaly affected by the CoVid-19 pandemic so a game will always be low on priorities.

But I assume the thread is related to satisfaction or dissatisfaction about FM in it's current state so I can easily answer that if my decision is solely based on my satisfaction then I will buy FM21, no doubt.

7 minutes ago, 99 said:

First we will need to know if there will be an FM21.

Second, too soon to tell but I'm one of the persons economicaly affected by the CoVid-19 pandemic so a game will always be low on priorities.

But I assume the thread is related to satisfaction or dissatisfaction about FM in it's current state so I can easily answer that if my decision is solely based on my satisfaction then I will buy FM21, no doubt.

Hope you get it sorted mate, I'm going through the same at work, however been with them for a number of years, so should be OK.

4 saat önce, Brother Ben said:

Call me a fanboy or whatever the term is with the youngsters these days :kriss: but i'll be buying it again next year like I do every year. I've played it flat out during lockdown and have really enjoyed it.  Are there issues?  Sure, but overall it's the greatest football management game there has ever been.  One thing to note is that it's the only game I play, I wonder if people who are "gamers" are more likely to find fault?

The other thing I have noticed is that people who don't frequent internet forums are far less likely to moan about the match engine.  You can see a complaint on here and then you start to notice it more

I'm gutted you aren't enjoying it, I want people to enjoy it as much as myself

Just some thoughts

Not a young player myself I tend to not criticize and accept most games have faults more than younger players. But I think this is not good enough for me about how goals scored. Before any effort into micromanagement and time from me I'll look at demo and decide.  Now added simulation problems and team instructions in recent versions. I don't like one way of playing a game as a strategy fan mostly. Cheers.

Though I'm probably seen as a complainer by several moderators, I'll certainly purchase FM21.

All things considered, after yearly launch debacles, the coding team does a good job ironing most if not all major bugs.

I spend hundreds (if not thousands) of hours playing this game, so it turns out to be really cheap entertainment to me...

I will probably wait for the Christmas sale to buy it. I just dont play FM's as much as I used to. FM15 as an example was over 1000 hours and every game the hours have dropped. FM18 was the first FM/CM I have never bought since 1993 & FM19 was only 189 hours and FM20 so far is 168 hours and will probably not go much higher.

I'll buy it for three reasons:

I like the new features of FM20; the new game was definitely more than 'just a database update'. The Bundesliga lowered the minimum age for next season which fits perfectly into my way of playing. And for the poor guy at the office who had to track Brexit scenarios for what felt like eternities and now has to make sense of all the ways leagues handle the Covid-Fallout (yes, in my head it is all one guy ;))

I thought Star Wars Episode 1 was also not really worth spending my money on, but I still went to watch Epsiode 2 when it came out. My point is that nothing is perfect. There will always be items that could be better or would be fun for some while it's a drag for others.

The way I look at it: I've paid A$68.40 for the game (I know, prices in Australia are inflated), and it has resluted into 783hours of entertainment to date. That comes down to just under 9 cents per hour. That is pretty cheap for entertainment these days. I usually average around 1000 hours before I switch to the new version, which means I would have spent 7 cents/hour on the game.

So to answer your question: Yes, I would buy it again (and again, and again, and again,....)

I'll buy it if there is one. Must be well behind schedule now plus no one actually knows what state football will be in next season (if we even have a proper 'season').

Wouldn't be surprised if some kind of cheaper update type version was released.

vor 19 Stunden schrieb Brother Ben:

Call me a fanboy or whatever the term is with the youngsters these days :kriss: but i'll be buying it again next year like I do every year. I've played it flat out during lockdown and have really enjoyed it.  Are there issues?  Sure, but overall it's the greatest football management game there has ever been.  One thing to note is that it's the only game I play, I wonder if people who are "gamers" are more likely to find fault?

The other thing I have noticed is that people who don't frequent internet forums are far less likely to moan about the match engine.  You can see a complaint on here and then you start to notice it more

I'm gutted you aren't enjoying it, I want people to enjoy it as much as myself

Just some thoughts

:applause:  It's exactly like that!

FM2019 and FM2020 match engines were so poor that I don't play FM anymore, so just because I miss playing FM, I will buy FM2021.

There is just one thing that can make me not to buy 2021, and that is - if they don't remove this gray thing around the 2D match engine.

Ugly looking match engine made me depressed each time I watch the game because of that thing. ( along with the poor representation of football of course )

It was better looking a couple of years ago. It is just laziness from  SI. If they don't make it look nicer, I will not buy FM 2021 no matter how good it is. I know, strange reason.

Screenshot_1.png

2 hours ago, Marko1989 said:

There is just one thing that can make me not to buy 2021, and that is - if they don't remove this gray thing around the 2D match engine.

I know, strange reason.

Screenshot_1.png

It's not all that strange.  Strange is my first thought was that you could print out a picture of the stadium from Google maps and hang it over your screen during matches

Edited by Brother Ben

Probably yes, but I will wait and read first bugs forum as long as feedback forum.

Maybe March 2021?

Last decision to abandoned the game, is somewhat negative (for me).

20 hours ago, Piperita said:

The Bundesliga lowered the minimum age for next season which fits perfectly into my way of playing.

IS THAT HAPPENING?!?!?!?

So you can play kids straight out of your intake next season?

If that's so then I will be getting some heavy time in over there next release.

In answer to the OP, yep I'll be buying.

As @Brother Bensaid, it's the only game I play and I play it to death regardless of complaints over ME. Last time I looked I had racked up 1727 hours of play. 

I've already planned out two long term saves for the game to document on the career thread...although that German news has me thinking there could be a third in the pipeline once the custom lower league database's start arriving on steam.

1 hour ago, metallimuse said:

IS THAT HAPPENING?!?!?!?

So you can play kids straight out of your intake next season?

If that's so then I will be getting some heavy time in over there next release.

No, they just reduced the age you need to be to be allowed to play to 16 rather than 17. Still, it's a nice change.

Hmm  'I play it to death regardless of complaints over ME.' interesting argument. Not only this game audiance -mostly British and the Common Wealth- I hear similar argument in my country as well. Different opinion people aren't elite gamers but more 'passionate' as Devs says.. 

2 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

It's not all that strange.  Strange is my first thought was that you could print out a picture of the stadium from Google maps and hang it over your screen during matches

Its there to place the stats/game widgets. AFIAK

2 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

haha, yeah might do that, print cut-outs of all stadiums in the world and then just change the overlay before each match.

9 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

Its there to place the stats/game widgets. AFIAK

It can just serve as a place for widgets but that is not the reason why it looks that bad.

It was something related to performance issues. So they have removed stadium stands, or something like that.

And instead of thinking - hey, if having stands around the pitch cause performance problems, let's make an option to disable or enable that so users can choose. But no, our perfect solution is:

.space-around-2D-pitch { backround-image: gray-thing; }

all done

I understand FM is not about the graphics, but it is 2020 year, at least we should not go backwards with the graphics and have uglier game than a couple of years ago. You look at the match engine each game, it should look pleasing at least.

Well, I care about the looks as well.

That is the reason why we should get more options. If we have 3D graphic engine from start of the '90s; at least we should have a decent looking 2D. And more graphic options such as - enable stadium/stands on 2D, or disable, if you care only about the performance. That way both sides can be pleased, who care about the graphics and who does not care.

Can we NOT have that super duper graphics like "FIFA" or "ANNO" which will require to buy an €€€€ laptop or upgrade PC for a 50€ game and devs focusing on fixing some crucial (and not crucial) bugs; making it the best FM version in whole history?

I am watching matches in 3D, but isn't so much important for me the graphics.

No I will not be buying it having bought every edition previously. 

Throughout the entire lockdown I didn't play FM for one minute. That gave me my answer. FM20 is the worst installment yet and I'm not putting more time and money into a game that frustrates me more than excites me. I'm also sick of buying it year after year and finding there's too many bugs and have to wait until the final patch before I can even begin to enjoy it. 

I remember being very frustrated with FM16 (commonly described as "crossing manager"), not quite as arid and enjoyment-free as FM20 but certainly not a good edition. The following year FM17 addressed many of the problems and is the version I'll be going back to, so I'm not quite so inclined to give up on the entire series just yet,  even if recent editions have indicated something of a downward trajectory. Having said that, given how SI have responded to the raised issues within FM20, l certainly don't feel inclined to shell out until the third patch, at a discount price, confirmation from long-term players that it's a significant improvement and having played the demo thoroughly.

I’ll tell myself I’m not buying it right up until I see that tweet that the game is out and then buy it. Really, we should all wait until March when the game is actually in its final finished state. 

It would actually be refreshing if some of these companies would release every two years rather than y£arly. The changes from year to year are so small that, for me, the tag ‘new game’ cannot really be justified.

Anyway, saying that, I’ll end up buying it - I know I will.

Glad people are enjoying the game. Unfortunately for me I just can’t get over the ME!

On a positive note I do agree with a lot of the posts on here that outside of the ME this game is brilliant though. So credit to SI for that.

I always have a plan where I try to make the game last 2 years as due to time restraints with work etc I don't play enough seasons as I used to.  However generally I fail on this plan as when the game comes out I tend to buy it.  It will determine on how much I am enjoying my save at the time and what the new features are which determine weather or not I buy,

I accept the no game will ever be 100% especiailly one as complex as FM and if the bugs are reported early enough I have found the most annoying ones that I notice in my games to be fixed.  SI cannot go on fixing bugs forever and they will find that fixing one bug may cause another issue somewhere down the line and create another bug.  I am not a 'fan boy' I just accept the game as what it is and enjoy playing it.  Bearing in mind the cost versus the amount of hours of enjoyment imo it is worth purchasing

I'll almost certainly buy it.

However, 

I will no longer pre-order, I made that promise to myself after this years release. The status of the game as I type this is where I'd expect it to be on release day, not months after the event.

My buying cycle will now be from final patch to final patch unless this situation improves. 

Hate to be the be the bearer of Bad news but it’s impossible to have a “bug free” game no matter what you do, another bug would happen it’s like dominos effect, I personally think £30 to £40 is incredible value considering the hours of Fm we all mostly play, it’s a bug it’s self Fm a great one indeed! That said always room  for improvements but every year they always do exactly that! We are also lucky that the game makers are very much listening to what is said in terms of anything in the game, not many game developers do that!  

Edited by zakbrown96

4 hours ago, zakbrown96 said:

Hate to be the be the bearer of Bad news but it’s impossible to have a “bug free” game no matter what you do, another bug would happen it’s like dominos effect, I personally think £30 to £40 is incredible value considering the hours of Fm we all mostly play, it’s a bug it’s self Fm a great one indeed! That said always room  for improvements but every year they always do exactly that! We are also lucky that the game makers are very much listening to what is said in terms of anything in the game, not many game developers do that!  

Depends what the bugs are . The free kick bugs in this game and general overall gameplay has killed this franchise for me . Its refreshing to go back to FM17 or FM18 and experience the gameplay in those games . They are not without faults but at least the 3D game is more enjoyable . 

10 hours ago, zakbrown96 said:

We are also lucky that the game makers are very much listening to what is said in terms of anything in the game, not many game developers do that!  

I raised many bugs in this game going as far back as November, from trivial things like mouse focus being lost in the inbox after pressing continue to major things like players ignoring set piece instructions. None of them were fixed, not even the ones acknowledged by SI.

Edited by Tiger666

Bear in mind that a major software house can have an open bug list hundreds of thousands of items long (I know my company does). There's no way they can possibly fix everything that is raised in a single iteration, especially if something has knock-on effects elsewhere. 

I'm not saying that the issues you've reported aren't important or deserving of fixing, but there could be a very long list of items in front of them in the queue. (Either more urgent fixes, or equally beneficial fixes that were raised earlier.) 

Edited by DementedHammer

I will not pre-order the next release for the first time after loads of years. Unfortunately, I gave up on FM2020 and uninstalled it after 135h of gameplay. (which is 1/4 of I generally make)

Will definitely wait for the feedback and probably wait for some patches before I buy it...

Instead, I am going to dig in to strategy this fall with the likes of CK III & potentially Humankind  :)

6 hours ago, DementedHammer said:

Bear in mind that a major software house can have an open bug list hundreds of thousands of items long (I know my company does). There's no way they can possibly fix everything that is raised in a single iteration, especially if something has knock-on effects elsewhere. 

I'm not saying that the issues you've reported aren't important or deserving of fixing, but there could be a very long list of items in front of them in the queue. (Either more urgent fixes, or equally beneficial fixes that were raised earlier.) 

I for one, wonder is SI are taking the game way to far, beyond what they can handle it.

But since I have no insider knowledge of SI and their inner workings, it remains that... a wonder!