Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi all, so as a result of the current madness I've been playing a lot more FM than normal and thought of an interesting topic for discussion.

In every iteration of the game, I've found that there have been a few sure-fire in game tips and tricks that always guarantee the same positive results. So for example, in FM20, two examples spring to mind:

1. Anytime a player makes noises about wanting to leave, if I reply to them saying how much I depend on their leadership qualities, 80-90% of the time this leads to them dropping their concerns and being happy to stay at the club. By using this method I have managed to quite easily fend off interest in my players from some truly massive clubs (for context I am managing lowly Pennarossa in the San Marino league!).

2. During team talks I nearly always use "I have faith in you, get out there and make a difference" and it elicits a positive response across the board 90+% of the time

 

Does anybody else have any tips or tricks they regularly employ to get positive results?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Il y a 2 heures, mattboy_slim a dit :

Does anybody else have any tips or tricks they regularly employ to get positive results?

I often ask the captain to talk to a player who has a request. It works pretty well. I also use your tip 1.

Link to post
Share on other sites

That tip number one works only if a players is at least influential i your clubs' hierarchy. Works most of the time but I had a situation where a player was no longer satisfied with that answer.

Every week I select 1-2 players and praise their training performance and I criticize 1-2 players. Even when you criticize them their morale goes up. Actually I don't do it literally every week but most of the time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Use team reports to discover prospective loanees from bigger clubs. You can usually only sign them from clubs three divisions above in England. This doesn't appear to cost much and is a quick way to find and sign players.

If you have money in the bank (or don't care about going into the red) but no wage budget then offer a monthly fee instead of whatever the club wants as a wage contribution. This frees up loads of wage budget for permanent signings.

Aslo pre-season friendlies against big clubs bring in money. Doing a league enables you to play 3 games in 3 days so you can make more money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Urbmiz said:

Not sure how your rambling reply is relevant to OPs topic.

LLaMa's are old romantics, perfectly reasonable to make a counterpoint to the OP in my opinion

Handy thread for SI though this one, hopefully they can close these loopholes for FM21

Edited by Brother Ben
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if these are exploits but:

I never use the "advertise for staff" function. It's just faster and easier to do a global staff search especially if I want a scout from a specific country. Same thing with players, really, I just go to specific countries like Argentina and manually scout the players, rather than wait for my scouts to find someone good.

When I was poor af I lowballed clubs by telling them I'll give them 50% of the next transfer sale money. I got in a lot of great players sub-20 mil and once I was rich, I didn't mind throwing away half the transfer money selling them.

The last one isn't very reliable, but I had a big U19s squad since I was actively poaching them from other clubs. I noticed I was going up against Barça U19s, and so I decided to sched a friendly against them. For some reason the game automatically lets it happen, so we played them and drew at home 1-1, even injuring one of their players. Then, during the actual match away a few days later, we managed to win 3-0 because (assuming) their players were thinned out.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m playing as Dinamo Zagreb and I like using the Fee after 50 league games during transfer offers. I will negotiate most of the transfer fee into this.
Anyone half decent will attract bigger club interest within 2 years and most will want either a big pay rise I can’t afford or to join a bigger rep club.

So I play them 49 times in the league and then nickname them ‘don’t play in league games’. They can still play cup games after that until they get sold. Saves lots of money on transfers! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BuryBlade said:

’m playing as Dinamo Zagreb and I like using the Fee after 50 league games during transfer offers. I will negotiate most of the transfer fee into this.
Anyone half decent will attract bigger club interest within 2 years and most will want either a big pay rise I can’t afford or to join a bigger rep club.

So I play them 49 times in the league and then nickname them ‘don’t play in league games’. They can still play cup games after that until they get sold. Saves lots of money on transfers! 

I use that clause a lot when bringing young prospects even when I'm big club. If I pay somone 3M up front and agree to pay 7M more after 50 apps, I don't mind paying tthat 7M if the player was developing well.  If not, I can offload him without ever playing. Also since I am a strong team they need to develop first before they even have the chance to play for me so I can loan them out and they will get needed playing time but it won't count towards those 50 games so it's a win-win situation for me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/05/2020 at 06:30, mattboy_slim said:

Hi all, so as a result of the current madness I've been playing a lot more FM than normal and thought of an interesting topic for discussion.

In every iteration of the game, I've found that there have been a few sure-fire in game tips and tricks that always guarantee the same positive results. So for example, in FM20, two examples spring to mind:

1. Anytime a player makes noises about wanting to leave, if I reply to them saying how much I depend on their leadership qualities, 80-90% of the time this leads to them dropping their concerns and being happy to stay at the club. By using this method I have managed to quite easily fend off interest in my players from some truly massive clubs (for context I am managing lowly Pennarossa in the San Marino league!).

2. During team talks I nearly always use "I have faith in you, get out there and make a difference" and it elicits a positive response across the board 90+% of the time

 

Does anybody else have any tips or tricks they regularly employ to get positive results?

I wouldn't say either of these are exploits, although perhaps #1 may be a bit generous (I'll have to try it!)

#2 is a response about motivating players, and if you're well respected by the players it makes sense... they've bought into your system. I remember going to Man City after gettin an EPL promotion and getting fired for leaking board news, many of the players were not particularly interested in my inspirational pregame speeches and would often switch off!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Employ regens/newgens for pointless new staff jobs that FM20 has created because for some inexplicable reason, their stupid cartoony faces have amazingly great stats despite zero experience. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

A lot of south american regens have often a big foreing release clause (15-25M) and a small domestic release clause (1-3M). So as a european team, you have to pay the big clause to get them.

BUT... I just shortlist them and often, domestic teams will try to sign them with the small clause. So i make a bit higher offer, and the selling club of course accepts, as they will loose the player anyway to the domestic club.

Works great! Key is to keep every prospect shortlisted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/05/2020 at 07:58, Toin said:

Wow this is a ridiculous exploit and it actually works. Tested this with a few players, but most of them were not interested in signing a contract, whereas they were interested if you just bid for them the normal way.

This is something that needs to be fixed though.

This doesn’t always work, it’s a bit hit and miss.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, achortagus said:

A lot of south american regens have often a big foreing release clause (15-25M) and a small domestic release clause (1-3M). So as a european team, you have to pay the big clause to get them.

BUT... I just shortlist them and often, domestic teams will try to sign them with the small clause. So i make a bit higher offer, and the selling club of course accepts, as they will loose the player anyway to the domestic club.

Works great! Key is to keep every prospect shortlisted.

Is there a way of setting up notifications if someone bids on someone in your shortlist?

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, sidford said:

Is there a way of setting up notifications if someone bids on someone in your shortlist?

I think if the player is on your shortlist you will get messages when someone bids, or when their contract is expiring or if they resign contract etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, sidford said:

Is there a way of setting up notifications if someone bids on someone in your shortlist?

It usually comes up in your scouting section

or pops up is your social media

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really exploits but a bit artificial and game-y:

  1. Hire the most international staff possible. They open the Global search to so many more players and staff.
  2. Sign an amazing free kick and corner taker with playmaking skills. Since set pieces are overpowered in FM20, he will invariably achieve high ratings, and his great player form will result in him creating a lot of key passes and chances as playmaker even in non-set piece scenarios.
  3. Team talk: Prove the pundits right for praising you and revenge against prior defeat are always the best options if available.
  4. Use very unlikely bonuses and clauses in contracts (ex. international cap bonus for prospects and release clauses for non-promotion or relegation) which do not affect wage and transfer budgets.
  5. Schedule a very easy friendly when form turns sour or there is a gap in the schedule in order to boost form.
  6. Sign as many good free transfers as possible because they almost always turn a profit.
  7. Overload the squad with loaned players. They almost never complain about lack of playing time.
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jere_d said:

It usually comes up in your scouting section

or pops up is your social media

Yes you always get a notification in your inbox.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Players still seem to be getting team talks wrong. You've been getting a green reaction for the I have faith pick since way back almost 100%, doesn't mean it's always a suitable pick though, as sometimes it may make players lose their focus, etc. Much of that can be blamed on having the red vs green reactions in the first place as both seem to indicate bad vs good, no matter the match context.

 

tldr; Picking "I have faith" as a Team talk 100% of the time isn't an exploit. 

Edited by Svenc
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Svenc said:

Players still seem to be getting team talks wrong. You've been getting a green reaction for the I have faith pick since way back almost 100%, doesn't mean it's always a suitable pick though, as sometimes it may make players lose their focus, etc. Much of that can be blamed on having the red vs green reactions in the first place as both seem to indicate bad vs good, no matter the match context.

 

tldr; Picking "I have faith" as a Team talk 100% of the time isn't an exploit. 

This is an underrated comment in my opinion, I've noticed some players improve their performance only when I get a red reaction so maybe the system should be a little different.

Reminds me a little bit of the role suitability circle.  If the player has the attributes for the role then I ignore it

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Svenc said:

You've been getting a green reaction for the I have faith pick since way back almost 100%, doesn't mean it's always a suitable pick though, as sometimes it may make players lose their focus, etc.

Exactly. Green "looks extremely delighted" is a surefire way to make your team complacent when things are going good. Happy reactions should be your aim when morale is low, but when you're doing well, "listened passionately" or "looks fired up", that you get from assertive or aggressive options, can work much better. Your job is to be their boss, not their father. :D

You can see player's detailed reactions to team-talks in the Tactics -> Analysis -> Team-Talk Feedback screen. That usually notes whether players lost their focus, look determined to respond, etc. Personalities have huge impact on that, of course.

tl;dr: Go easy when morale is poor, go hard when morale is good.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem for me is also that "red" reactions relates to negative reactions, like "he's confused" or "he doesn't listen" or "he looks down and under pressure".

Here's the reason we associate "red=bad team talk" for.

I agree it could be worked much better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/05/2020 at 11:59, Brother Ben said:

When my team have a penalty I wiggle the mouse pointer in front of the keeper to put him off, you may call this gamesmanship but whatever it takes I say

 

Oh man, I somehow got addicted to exactly where I positioned my mouse in the very original Champ Man game, and it stayed with me for ever!

On 14/05/2020 at 14:15, LetsNotScoreGoals said:

Not sure if these are exploits but:

I never use the "advertise for staff" function. It's just faster and easier to do a global staff search especially if I want a scout from a specific country. Same thing with players, really, I just go to specific countries like Argentina and manually scout the players, rather than wait for my scouts to find someone good.

Advertise for staff - I assumed that would bring people who'd take a lower wage?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked this up from a post in Dafuge Fm20 challenge, but when you have a player who played badly in a previous game (6.20 rating below ish) then if you discipline them for poor performance (in interactions) immediately after the game, a positive response equates to a +1 jump in their work rate (pretty sure it's work rate, not on the game and can't remember 100%). I've not actually had to fine anyone yet as the warning alone has worked. This has worked 5 times in a row for me this season.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Weekly Training Report 

Always look at it, always go to every player that gets above an 8.00 and Praise their training performance
Always go to players who get under a 6.00 and criticise their Training Performance

Not only does this increase their morale, but it adds to you having respect within the dressing room, which the board will notice.

Only use "Demand More" in Shouts, or when youre missing a ton of chances, use "Get Creative". Almost always elicits a positive response.  "Show some Passion" also works if youre getting outplayed. 

 

Halftime : Either use Passionate "I am pleased with your performance" if you are winning , or Assertive (draw) , Agressive (losing) "I am not happy with your performance". 

Green responses almost all of the time assuming you have the respect of the Dressing Room

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/06/2020 at 15:43, petertr said:

Oh man, I somehow got addicted to exactly where I positioned my mouse in the very original Champ Man game, and it stayed with me for ever!

I loved how you could speed up the game by holding down the spacebar, felt like you were involved more somehow.

Also the drama of the commentary was amazing

"he's through on goal"

"he slides it past the keeper"

(at this point you'd be on your feet ready to punch the air)

"its gone wide"

Arrrgghhh!! :D

Great times :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

If PSG or another top club bids for your player, reject the bid. They'll come to you asking why you rejected it. Tell them the finances weren't right but you'll sell them for X amount. Then set the asking price as £1m or something ridiculously low. PSG will then come back with offers around or below £1m but the player will never complain at you rejecting it because they haven't met the agreed asking price. Their performances or morale aren't affected and eventually they'll drop it because nobody ever met the asking price you agreed with them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree on what was said earlier about set pieces, but would like to add to it.

Sign great set piece takers.

Sign at least one player with great heading and jumping reach and put him at near post for set pieces.

Take long throw ins.

Add training for attacking set pieces, corner kicks and deliveries to your weekly training schedule before a match.

Link to post
Share on other sites

when negotiating contracts I lowball the player on wage and the agent says that's a terrible offer, my client would like to point out offering the requested wage would go a long way.  Then I lowball again but drop the number of years he wants by one.  So the agent says, that's terrible, my client would like to point out that offering the requested number of years would go a long way.  So I lowball wage yet again and go back to the original number of years and now he accepts it because I've met his requested demand.  Feels a bit cheaty but life is tough.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/06/2020 at 04:53, Nyron said:

If PSG or another top club bids for your player, reject the bid. They'll come to you asking why you rejected it. Tell them the finances weren't right but you'll sell them for X amount. Then set the asking price as £1m or something ridiculously low. PSG will then come back with offers around or below £1m but the player will never complain at you rejecting it because they haven't met the agreed asking price. Their performances or morale aren't affected and eventually they'll drop it because nobody ever met the asking price you agreed with them.

This actually works. Brilliantly devious! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/06/2020 at 05:47, b28937 said:

when negotiating contracts I lowball the player on wage and the agent says that's a terrible offer, my client would like to point out offering the requested wage would go a long way.  Then I lowball again but drop the number of years he wants by one.  So the agent says, that's terrible, my client would like to point out that offering the requested number of years would go a long way.  So I lowball wage yet again and go back to the original number of years and now he accepts it because I've met his requested demand.  Feels a bit cheaty but life is tough.   

Strange I usually get a yellow offer after the first offer 

even when I use dof suggestions 😒

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/06/2020 at 06:47, b28937 said:

when negotiating contracts I lowball the player on wage and the agent says that's a terrible offer, my client would like to point out offering the requested wage would go a long way.  Then I lowball again but drop the number of years he wants by one.  So the agent says, that's terrible, my client would like to point out that offering the requested number of years would go a long way.  So I lowball wage yet again and go back to the original number of years and now he accepts it because I've met his requested demand.  Feels a bit cheaty but life is tough.   

I used something similar on some older FMs. I would set the low asking price and keep rejecting so they don't come with the offer that my chairman thinks it's "too good to refuse". But there was no promises back then and the player was unhappy.

But I wouldn't use any of that now because it's a exploit and I don't enjoy to use that stuff anymore.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/06/2020 at 18:28, Jaketomsett said:

I picked this up from a post in Dafuge Fm20 challenge, but when you have a player who played badly in a previous game (6.20 rating below ish) then if you discipline them for poor performance (in interactions) immediately after the game, a positive response equates to a +1 jump in their work rate (pretty sure it's work rate, not on the game and can't remember 100%). I've not actually had to fine anyone yet as the warning alone has worked. This has worked 5 times in a row for me this season.

 

 

 

Has worked 3/6 times since then - so obviously is a bit hit and miss, but still an excellent way to improve work rate!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I discovered something recently and consider it to be a exploit. When you are managing in the league that is not so strong, often agents will put in the semi-negotiable release clause into a contract because they want to ensure that the player is sold when the offer comes in. So when you negotiate semi-negotiaable release clause you increase it as much you can for example at 5M and then lock it as non-negotiable and you also negotiate wage demands and set it lower and click at suggest. Then when they make their new offer you can then change the release clause to 10M and even put it back as a semi-negotiable and they will have no problem with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...