Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
3runhomer

Board expectations increase mid season

I’m doing a “relegation fighter” save in which I takeover a club that’s struggling in December, try to keep them up, and then resign to repeat again the next season with a new club. Last season when I signed with Kettering the board’s expectation was to avoid relegation. When the club moved out of the relegation zone, the board expectation unilaterally changed to mid-table finish. No meeting with me and no budget increase. We finished 12th so they were satisfied but they should have been ecstatic that we avoided the drop by a large margin. 

This season I took the Curzon Ashton job in December. We weren’t at the bottom of the table so the board’s expectation was a top half finish. 5 wins later and I noticed that the board now expects to make the playoffs. Again there was no meeting and no budget increase. 

If you’re going to feature this board stuff in the game, then the expectations can’t change mid season. A performance review with moving goalposts is ridiculous. 

What might be happening: The higher expectations may have been set at the beginning of the season for the original manager. After he’s fired for failure, the expectations set for me are lower ... until I meet the lower expectation then the bug happens and the higher expectation is reinstalled. 

HI @3runhomer,

Do you have any screenshots of the inbox item that notifies you of the expectations being changed by the board? We'd like to take a closer look. Also, if you have a save game from before the board expectations changed that would be great. Details can be found below:

Please let us know the name of the save file once it has been sent.

Thanks,

Harrison

I haven’t received any inbox notifications of the changes in board expectations. I just happened to notice it on my own. 

And I do single file saves to save memory space, so there is no file from before the changes. 

Posted (edited)

It gets worse ... we met the board’s new expectation of making the playoffs, so now they added “reach the playoff final” to the expectations. The playoffs are underway so they’re reserving judgement so far. Mighty nice of them. 

This board stuff is so broken. 

14098C81-DC48-444A-A9F4-CD7E9F1CB627.png

Edited by 3runhomer

Hi @3runhomer,

Can you confirm whether this is in an ordinary save or whether this is from the challenge "The Saviour Cometh"?

Thank you,

Harrison

On 18/05/2020 at 09:25, Harrison Modeste said:

Hi @3runhomer,

Can you confirm whether this is in an ordinary save or whether this is from the challenge "The Saviour Cometh"?

Thank you,

Harrison

It’s a regular save, not one of the prearranged challenges. 

Posted (edited)

The next season I became manager of Stevenage in October. As you can see in the first screenshot, the initial expectation was to avoid relegation. But as soon as I started working on the team, the expectation changed to mid-table finish. The third screenshot is from the end of the season ... the expectation has risen to “win promotion”, which is what we did. We finished 2nd and earned automatic promotion. I also stayed within the budget (I sold the 2 highest paid players to reduce the payroll). What grade did the board give me for this? B! Haha. I guess I needed to cure cancer to get an A. 

101B7BE1-78E0-41DC-9E3E-B9A0A307C1BC.png

7CFEF6EA-5B72-4B66-9EBE-87E8C499FA09.png

E9D60347-4F1F-43CC-AE1F-F900B8ABF70B.png

Edited by 3runhomer

Are you starting each season as unemployed? Or are you applying whilst in another job?

It'd be really helpful if you could send us any save game you have using the instructions below:

Thanks for all your feedback,

Harrison

I can confirm that this is happening in a regular game. Got hired away from my original team by a bigger team to save them from relegation. Once I won three games in a row and got them out of the bottom three, the expectations changed to mid table finish. 

Edited by bigbrooklynlou
typo