Sports Interactive Community
SortitoutsiVP

Very Unrealistic Amount Of Coaches Leaving For Management Jobs

Title says it all really, I'm into my 14th season with Arsenal and have so far had 26 of my coaching team poached to manage at other clubs. Now I fully understand this happens now and again and usually it's the assistant manager who moves on, but i've had a mixture of anyone down to my u18's manager. Best one was Ainsley Maitland-Niles who despite having poor attributes I took him on purely because he was a (recent) ex player and just 34 years old. Gave him the jon of my u23's manager and just 5 months later during the same season he's off to Blackburn to manage them in the Championship!

To me its simply very unrealistic to lose so many and really needs toning down a lot in future versions.

BxRktit.png

aEBnPtj.png

vTby3SD.png

4MU5BBf.png

MwzyfRT.png

yjSrFRj.png

HTLpIFH.png

WKAnBmJ.png

ZzSI8HY.png

DaPD2JE.png

Ib0qONT.png

What's your club reputation like? If it's sky high then I'm guessing this is rubbing off onto your non-playing staff. Better tie them down on some long term deals!

Do you include the 'waive compensation for manager job' clause? It's looks like all your staff have taken jobs lower down the pyramid and if the hiring clubs don't have to pay compensation then it makes your coaches very affordable manager options. Also just because someone has a cushy job at a PL club doesn't mean they won't want to go it alone when the right opportunity arises even if it means going to a club with poorer facilities. I think that this happens fairly frequently irl it's just not as highly reported on as say when city's assistant becomes arsenal manager.

My biggest query is how have you been able to get guys such as solskjaer and lampard, who have managed rival clubs first teams, to take jobs coaching your youth sides?

Currently ranked best in the world so guess that does make sense as having some pull to it.

Yeah most of the contracts I've agreed to do waive the compensation as had no option to take it out. At least with the bigger named staff.

Was surprised at getting Old but not so much Lampard, though he ended up back at Chelsea and has just been sacked again (think it was end of first season last time). Also bare in mind I'm 14 seasons in so I guess getting ex managers in as staff isn't so hard after a while, just a nightmare to keep them!

Whatever the reason I still feel it is far too many and just seems as if you only lose them due to being in control of the team they're coaching at, rather than them being the best person for the job. Plenty of unemployed coaches/managers out there!

Yeah this does happen a bit too often.

3 hours ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

Currently ranked best in the world so guess that does make sense as having some pull to it.

Yeah most of the contracts I've agreed to do waive the compensation as had no option to take it out. At least with the bigger named staff.

Was surprised at getting Old but not so much Lampard, though he ended up back at Chelsea and has just been sacked again (think it was end of first season last time). Also bare in mind I'm 14 seasons in so I guess getting ex managers in as staff isn't so hard after a while, just a nightmare to keep them!

Whatever the reason I still feel it is far too many and just seems as if you only lose them due to being in control of the team they're coaching at, rather than them being the best person for the job. Plenty of unemployed coaches/managers out there!

Is there not the option to remove and exclude, then just pay them a bit more? If you're the top club in the world you can probably afford it!

It is an issue, but an easy fix, they just need to tone it down so it doesn't happen more than once a season or so. I go through 2 or 3 Under 23's managers a year. They all have very good stats but none of them seem to last more than 12 months in the job. But once they've been a manager they won't come back. Oddly my Assistant Manager has been with me since day one and never gets any interest.