Odd mid-season results

I'm 6 seasons in now and I'm doing pretty well, couple of titles, cups and a champs league final, so I'm used to ups and downs and have no problems at all in losing games. Generally I'm really happy with the game and cant really pick at any serious issues, its fun and far more balanced than previous FM's.

One thing I have found odd is, without fail, one fixture between November and mid-January of every season I will be absolutely spanked by a team. Doesn't seem to matter who it is (I've been beaten 6-0 by Bournemouth, 8-0 by Liverpool and 12(TWELVE!)-0 by Wolves), but I will always get a tuning by somebody and it seems very out of place with the rest of the season when results are pretty much normal. I don't change my tactics, training, line-up or approach during these games but my side just falls to pieces, but then weirdly the next game its as if it hadn't happened and my team play pretty well again.

Has anyone else experienced this?

16 minutes ago, TrickyRicky said:

I'm 6 seasons in now and I'm doing pretty well, couple of titles, cups and a champs league final, so I'm used to ups and downs and have no problems at all in losing games. Generally I'm really happy with the game and cant really pick at any serious issues, its fun and far more balanced than previous FM's.

One thing I have found odd is, without fail, one fixture between November and mid-January of every season I will be absolutely spanked by a team. Doesn't seem to matter who it is (I've been beaten 6-0 by Bournemouth, 8-0 by Liverpool and 12(TWELVE!)-0 by Wolves), but I will always get a tuning by somebody and it seems very out of place with the rest of the season when results are pretty much normal. I don't change my tactics, training, line-up or approach during these games but my side just falls to pieces, but then weirdly the next game its as if it hadn't happened and my team play pretty well again.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Use two tactics, might help it

I haven't found anything as extreme as 12-0! I am managing in Sweden at the moment and had played 28, won 26, drawn 2 and a goal difference of 61+. Then I played Hammarby, was 3-0 down after 24 mins and lost 4-0...

I usually notice a mid-season dip, even with a team who are used to hoovering up the prizes. can't say I've had too many drubbings. I usually react by dropping under performers, and I've changed training to take account of eg conceding too many from corners. I find that defensive measures seem to have much more effect than attacking changes - but I suspect that's because there seems to be a fairly universal epidemic of strikers missing 80% of even the simplest chances. 

This feels vaguely familiar, there's always the odd fixture where I get unexpectedly taken apart, often by some mid-table side. Always away, we go a goal down in the first half say so I go a bit more attacking second half. A second goes in by about the hour mark, I go more gung-ho at this point then a third goes in with 20-25 mins left. I figure the game is up by now so I go back to cautious/balanced and maybe readjust my formation; then inevitably another goes in.

I think my worst defeat however is 5-0, are you applying any damage limitation once your goose is cooked?!