Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
burdinho

"Squad unhappy with club situation"

I'm with Kaiserslautern in the Bundesliga after 2 successive promotions to the Bundesliga, expected to battle bravely against relegation in my first season in the top tier.

The squad came to me saying that they are unhappy with things. There are a couple of players who have poor/abysmal morale because they're not getting game time, but morale was superb 4 games ago with the board saying that I'm doing an unbelievable job etc.

My wage spend is 235k a week (LOL) which is comfortably the lowest in the division. However I am TEN points clear of 16th, with 15 points from 11 games. I did go out of the Cup at the 2nd round, when I was expected to reach the third round. This was my fault, as I played a heavily weakened/rotated side. But I'm generally winning one and then losing one...it's not as though we're 10 points adrift of safety?

Nonetheless, I think I'm working miracles and think this is slightly harsh!

The feedback is they are not getting game time - your league position isn't a concern. 

Play those players a bit more and keep rotating your squad.

You're discussing two different types of unhappiness here. You've got unhappy about not having their game time fulfilled, which will happen regardless of results. And you've got unhappy with situation at club. The latter is a problem I have brought up countless times with SI because when I click on this apparent unhappiness, it shows me their dynamic screen and there is no negatives. I can never get to the bottom of it (neither can SI apparently ,and so it gets ignored).

You might try adjusting the agreed playing time for your squad. After a couple of promotions you've probably got a bunch of players who were important but are now backups.