[FM20] Adding to Club Philosophy

At the end of a season, when the Board come to you with their Club Vision proposal for the future, is there a way to add in philosophies you would like including as manager?

I’m currently managing Celtic and, under Club Culture, I’d like the opportunity to propose that the club only signs Scottish (or possibly British) players moving forward, but I don’t seem able to do this.

Anybody got any ideas?

After clicking the Negotiate button, I can see the two new ones the Board have suggested, but all I can see is like a minus - button by the side of each philosophy / expectation which, I assume, then allows me to delete it and activates the Suggest button.

What I can’t see, is any way to add a new philosophy / expectation of my own.

Am I being blind, or does that option not exist?

20240526_ClubVision1.thumb.png.46626ef53e0fb95c57f92ebf127f9d72.png

Edited by Stuniverse

• 3 months later...

Same problem here - never been able to add club philosophies at any club in any league except when being interviewed for a move to a new club. I can remove philosophies, and I can add/remove/change competition objectives, but I can't add philosophies. Really annoying, as this used to be such a simple thing to do. Hoping FM21 fixes all the parts of board interaction that got broken in FM20.

No it's not possible to add, I asked about it early in FM 20 and the answer was that this is based on the club and not the manager. These are the guidelines your management will be measured upon and you won't have much to say in that regard other than trying to be measured less.

And I kind of see it, when it's put like that. Why would you ADD measurements to be judged upon when you can do it regardless?

Also, I've found that the game seems to head into your direction if you do something enough. I play a lot of youth-only challenges and after a few seasons I've often seen that the "develop players through the youth system" being added to philosophies for my teams.

5 hours ago, XaW said:

And I kind of see it, when it's put like that. Why would you ADD measurements to be judged upon when you can do it regardless?

Because having "develop youth" as a philosophy makes the board more inclined to improve your youth facilities, coaching, and recruitment, as well as arrange club affiliations.  It also makes sense to have your preferred tactical style as a philosophy, as it buffers against poor performance anywhere else.  E.G. if the board want you to play attacking, possession-based football and you're doing just that, then this bumps your overall performance and will mean you're less in the do-do for that unfortunately early cup exit.