Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

The game crashes now upon pressing join online game. It was working fine last night after I downloaded the update, but this morning i check and it's not working. Another game-breaking error. Can we get this fixed please, there are many users trying to play 

FM 2020 v20.4.1.1373994 (2020.04.30 15.33.44).dmp

Edited by AliA.hmed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is getting embarrassing now, there needs to be a fix!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fixed this by moving the file out of my games folder. Creating a new game save, putting my game save back in games and it worked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AliA.hmed said:

fixed this by moving the file out of my games folder. Creating a new game save, putting my game save back in games and it worked.

Can you explain that a bit better mate? I will try that, just didn’t get it? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HewittUK said:

Can you explain that a bit better mate? I will try that, just didn’t get it? Thanks!

Yeah so step 1. go into documents > sports interactive >football manager >gamepass > games

step 2. move all of these files into a separate folder on your desktop or something

step 3. open FM and create a new online career but make sure u have no editor files selected 

step 4. save this new game

step 5. put your online career that you've been playing on back into the games folder

step 6. load up FM and load the game save you were having trouble with

I hope this helps, not sure if this really fixed it for me or if I got luck 

Also, I believe it's the server host who has to follow these steps

fmcaptutr.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, AliA.hmed said:

Yeah so step 1. go into documents > sports interactive >football manager >gamepass > games

step 2. move all of these files into a separate folder on your desktop or something

step 3. open FM and create a new online career but make sure u have no editor files selected 

step 4. save this new game

step 5. put your online career that you've been playing on back into the games folder

step 6. load up FM and load the game save you were having trouble with

I hope this helps, not sure if this really fixed it for me or if I got luck 

Also, I believe it's the server host who has to follow these steps

fmcaptutr.PNG

I don’t know who you are or what magical powers you have, but it’s worked haha!! Thanks a bunch mate!! Still need a proper fix from sports interactive though! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, AliA.hmed said:

Yeah so step 1. go into documents > sports interactive >football manager >gamepass > games

step 2. move all of these files into a separate folder on your desktop or something

step 3. open FM and create a new online career but make sure u have no editor files selected 

step 4. save this new game

step 5. put your online career that you've been playing on back into the games folder

step 6. load up FM and load the game save you were having trouble with

I hope this helps, not sure if this really fixed it for me or if I got luck 

Also, I believe it's the server host who has to follow these steps

fmcaptutr.PNG

I don't understand - so if the server host does this, how can people then join their game afterwards - surely when they go to search for an online game, it still crashes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ljpm said:

I don't understand - so if the server host does this, how can people then join their game afterwards - surely when they go to search for an online game, it still crashes?

The games are linked somehow. I’ve realized my server players only have game crashes when my game (I’m host) is messed up. If I fix my game crash, their games work. Did you attempt this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My workaround stopped working today, not sure what's going on. The bugs on this game are ridiculous!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Un vrai gâchis . C est un problème général et c est gênant. 

En espérant que ce bug va cesser car moi ça fait 2 semaine qu on joue avec des potes et on avais fais presque 2 ans de carrière.  

Faut que le problème cesse car le jeu en ligne ne marche pas a beaucoup de monde. 

Edited by JULIO76

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, AliA.hmed said:

My workaround stopped working today, not sure what's going on. The bugs on this game are ridiculous!!

Also. Absolute shambles. Won't be fixed for 2 weeks like inbox glitch I imagine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really sorry about these network issues that are present currently. 

I assure you they're being investigated, but as of right now I don't have more of an update to give you.

I appreciate this isn't the response you're looking for, but as soon as I have more information from the Dev team I'll post a reply here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...