Sports Interactive Community
Bohnke

Scout's scouting knowledge suddenly drops/doesn't grow.

I noticed my world knowledge was stuck in around 38-40% and started checking my individual staffs knowledge of countries and realized they were fluctuating a bit. At first I thought it was because they were roaming between a couple of different places and weren't able to retain the knowledge gained by spending what I supposed would be short amounts of time in each country. So, I set up a couple of scouts to remain only on 1 or 2 countries on an "Ongoing" assignment in an effort to see what would happen. It's been currently almost 1 year and a half of this setup and the results differ:

> Mauro Felix (16 adaptability) - Scouting Colombia and Peru

on Jan/33 

Colombia - 11%

Peru -97%

now on May/34

Colombia - 81%

Peru - 87

> Stephane Chapuisat - 18 adaptability - Scouting Egypt

on Jan/33 

Egypt 0%

now on May/34

Egypt 1% (I checked about 2 months ago and it was 11%)

> Joe Savage - 19 adaptability - Scouting DR Congo

on Jan/33 

DR Congo 6%

now on May/34

DR Congo 1%

There's another guy I set to Romania only and he went from 0 to 70% but I didn't record for how long he's been there. He also has 17 adaptability.

Mauro Felix did lose knowledge on Peru but I was already expecting that, but Chapuisat and Savage cases are surprising to say the least.

I might be missing something here but i don't think this is how things should be working. How can a scout spend a year and a half in a single country and suddenly know LESS about it than before? Am I doing something wrong?

Bumping this because I have the same issue/question.

Hi @Bohnke and @tmpusr, thank you for your posts. We have not encountered this issue here, would it be possible for either of you to upload a save file to our cloud server to allow us to investigate further. You can do so by using the below instructions.

Posted (edited)

Hello,

In this example, my scout is in a ongoing assignment to Denmark.  However after1 year (actually is longer than that, but in this example is 1 year) his 60% knowledge remained the same and he barely bring me any player report either. I'm sorry, I forgot to change the language, but you can see that is 1 yeart apart and Denmark knowledge didn't move.

2025.thumb.jpg.ed39f3ef3d9e8d6c83fcfdddd8d1aada.jpg     2026.thumb.jpg.c5dd6d56f46d3deba930fa46a236b363.jpg

I have other scouts like this too. One with 30% knowledge in Ivory Coast and yet it does not increase.  

I would like some help please, because I have no idea what am I doing wrong.

Edited by mikcheck

Thanks for the response @Michael Mallia.

I uploaded my save (AEK.fm). If you look into the scouting section you will find:
Mario Salvo (Adaptability 17) has been on the same assignment (Italy, France, Portugal) for about 6 years. He was already familiar with Italy since he is Italian. He managed to get full knowledge of France but he is at 3% on Portugal.
Similar story with Carlos Ruiz (Adaptability 19). On the same assignment for 4.5 years, already familiar with Spain, managed full knowledge of Germany, Belgium is at 11%, Netherlands at 0%.
Ditto for Roberto Geraci (Adaptability 17). On the same assignment for 4.5 years, managed full knowledge of Mexico, USA is at 12%.
Hank Grim (Adaptability 17). On the same assignment for 4.5 years. He had partial knowledge of Denmark, Sweden and Norway when I signed him. He is still at 73% in Denmark, 69% in Sweden, 68% in Norway.
Diego Medina (Adaptability 20). On the same assignment for 4.5 years. South Africa 98%, Angola 0%.

Even worse:
Tomasso Dalledonne (Adaptability 16). On the same assignment for 4.5 years. Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia all at 1%, Egypt 0%
Juan Mauricio Echeverria (Adaptability 15). On the same assignment for 4.5 years. Already familiar with Colombia when signed. Peru still at 13%, Chile 2%, Ecuador 0%.
David Friio (Adaptability 19). On the same assignment for 4.5 years. Already partially familiar with CIV when signed. CIV at 30%, Senegal 30%, Nigeria 2%, Ghana 0%.
Victor Marchesini (Adaptability 16). On the same assignment for 4.5 years. COD at 1%, Cameroon 0%.

Keep in mind that I had to get rid of a number of scouts because they wouldn't increase their knowledge in the assigned nations.

Please let me know if you need anything else.
Thanks!

P.S.: After looking at the numbers above, I wonder if you need to tweak the speed of accumulating nation knowledge on the scouts. In the first category, they've managed to get full knowledge of one nation in 4.5 years+. That sounds too much, especially given that there was essentially no knowledge increase in other nations. They should either increase all together, or getting full knowledge of a nation should happen within a couple of years or so (imho).  The second category looks clearly like a bug though.

23 hours ago, Michael Mallia said:

Hi @Bohnke and @tmpusr, thank you for your posts. We have not encountered this issue here, would it be possible for either of you to upload a save file to our cloud server to allow us to investigate further. You can do so by using the below instructions.

I just uploaded the file "ScoutingInvestigation.fm"

I've since made changes to some of the scouting assignments but Chapuisat is still there being incapable of even learning where Egypt is.

Thanks for the feedback. 

We have passed this on to the dev team to look at this example. 

Cheers,

Ben

Hi all, 

I don't know if you can consider what I have experienced to be a similar issue, but here goes: 

I have signed a number of coaches based on their country knowledge. For example, in winter transfer window of second season, I signed Steven Old as coach, as he had full knowledge of Australia, New Zealand, England and possibly Scotland or Wales. At the end of the season however, so within 6 months, he lost all knowledge of Australia. I know that scouts can lose and gain knowledge as time goes by and they roam from country to country, but my scouting knowledge has dropped from 65% to 60% overnight because some of my coaches have lost the knowledge they had. Another example is Txiki Begiristain, who starts will full knowledge of Japan, Spain and England (in my save at least), but lost all Japan knowledge after the first season. My question: is this normal behaviour for coaches as well? I like having high knowledge and this means me having to fire coaches that I signed specifically for their knowledge (whether they are good coaches or not is not the point, haha).

Second question, I got a couple of affiliate clubs which surprisingly (a good surprise) got me knowledge of random countries. Genk for example gave me knowledge of Belgium but also some African countries. Colo Colo got me knowledge of Chile, but also Venezuela and Honduras? They don't have any affiliated clubs in these countries. Is there a logic to this knowledge gained, or maybe a way to know beforehand? 

Thanks a lot and really enjoying the game :)