Sports Interactive Community

Posted (edited)

Hello,

I would like to continue the online season with my friends. We are all using the gamepass. Sadly for all of us, the game crashes while searching for Online Matches.

Today was the first time these crashes happened. Before, we had the inbox-not-loading-problem, which should be solved with the latest patch.  (https://community.sigames.com/topic/519287-gamepass-inbox-not-loading/) No idea if it was fixed, as we can't go to this point with the new crashes.

I reinstalled without success.

We were really happy when we found out that the inbox-problem should've been fixed. But this is really frustrating.

FM 2020 v20.4.1.1373994 (2020.04.30 19.36.18).dmp FM 2020 v20.4.1.1373994 (2020.04.30 19.54.59).dmp

Edited by luggr

Same issue here. This has been a really disappointing release. :(

You also can't join through Gamepass/Xbox Launcher if you try to join a friend's game. It will load the game up but leave you on the menu.

My friend and I are also having this EXACT problem! This is just ridiculous! Such a big company and this is just embarrassing, putting me off playing!  

10 hours ago, ljpm said:

You also can't join through Gamepass/Xbox Launcher if you try to join a friend's game. It will load the game up but leave you on the menu.

10 hours ago, luggr said:

Hello,

I would like to continue the online season with my friends. We are all using the gamepass. Sadly for all of us, the game crashes while searching for Online Matches.

Today was the first time these crashes happened. Before, we had the inbox-not-loading-problem, which should be solved with the latest patch.  (https://community.sigames.com/topic/519287-gamepass-inbox-not-loading/) No idea if it was fixed, as we can't go to this point with the new crashes.

I reinstalled without success.

We were really happy when we found out that the inbox-problem should've been fixed. But this is really frustrating.

FM 2020 v20.4.1.1373994 (2020.04.30 19.36.18).dmp 610.15 kB · 0 downloads FM 2020 v20.4.1.1373994 (2020.04.30 19.54.59).dmp 610.55 kB · 0 downloads

I posted a fix on this, check it out!

Im not sure if there was a hotfix or something, but i can see the online games now.
I didnt change anything.
Havnt tried to join anything yet, but if it wont work, i will write it here. and test AliA.hmeds solution.
Thanks!

I am back. This is NOT working.

This morning this worked fine, now it crashes again. As always, on searching for online games.

Tried a couple of times, never worked. All of my (gamepass)-friends I want to play with are experiencing the same problem.

I tried AliA.hmeds solution, but didnt work. In step 2 I move the config only, no savegames, because i didnt save our online season.

Please fix this.

48 minutes ago, luggr said:

I am back. This is NOT working.

This morning this worked fine, now it crashes again. As always, on searching for online games.

Tried a couple of times, never worked. All of my (gamepass)-friends I want to play with are experiencing the same problem.

I tried AliA.hmeds solution, but didnt work. In step 2 I move the config only, no savegames, because i didnt save our online season.

Please fix this.

Yeah, it seemed to work for me last night but I think I just got lucky! It’s not working today, error code on clicking “join online game”

Working now for like 2 hours. No idea if it will crash again. Didnt change anything.

Thanks for the update - do let us know how you get on over the weekend.

5 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

crashed again not sure why

Posted (edited)

Nous sur un eu le même soucis que vous. Y a eu le problème de la boîte de réception et depuis la mise à jour on peut pas rejoindre la partie en ligne avec l'aide à la sauvegarde. 

Mais pour moi depuis la mise à jour on peut rejoindre une nouvelle partie a un pote à moi et moi quand je crée une partie mes amis ne peut pas rejoindre car il a une erreur  crash dump..c est vraiment bizarre le nombre d erreur qu il y a.

Edited by JULIO76

19 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

The workaround they found now doesn't work. Game instacrashes when you try to search for online games.

Yesterday we've been able to play for like 2 hours. Wanted to continue now but it crashes again.

Sadly it is still impossible to play. I guess everyone on gamepass is having this error? Because all of my friends are experiencing exactly the same crashes.

Posted (edited)

This is what worked for us:

Step 1: Make sure the player who is hosting the online game has a xbox-launcher friendship with you

Step 2: This player hosts the game via loading the savegame

Step 3: Start FM 2020, do not click Online or something. just stay in starting screen

Step 4: Open the Windows Game Overlay (Default Win+G)

Step 5: Rightclick on the friend hosting the game. Press "join game".

Play.

Edited by luggr

Posted (edited)

Et les étapes que tu décris luggr C est sur que sa fonctionne ou pas ??

Edited by JULIO76

On 02/05/2020 at 12:58, luggr said:

Step 1: Make sure the player who is hosting the online game has a xbox-launcher friendship with you

Step 3: Start FM 2020, do not click Online or something. just stay in starting screen

Play.

This worked for us. Thank you very much!

Really sorry about these network issues that are present currently. 

I assure you they're being investigated, but as of right now I don't have more of an update to give you.

I appreciate this isn't the response you're looking for, but as soon as I have more information from the Dev team I'll post a reply here. 

On 02/05/2020 at 20:58, luggr said:

Play.

Thanks for posting your workaround - hopefully in the meantime it helps out users while we try and find a permanent solution.