Jump to content

Verrückter Fußball - Jürgen Norbert Klopp style


Recommended Posts

 

Verrückter Fußball - Jürgen Norbert Klopp style
9318.png.dcfe9b81fe9d303d535e838a22735dc4.png

 

As a die hard Liverpool fan and an admirer of Jürgen Klopp I have recreated his Gegenpress tactic. With this tactic I went the first season undefeated, winning 33, drawing 5 and losing 0, scoring 120 goals and conceding only 17. I also won the Community Shield, Club World Cup, FA Cup & Champions League. No transfer activity necessary although I did sell Shaqiri & Lallana half way through the season.

The tactic
1882749668_Tacticscreen.thumb.png.fe9dffeb8d2e835698eef9e42622cef8.png

2000970420_Inposession.thumb.png.87c4f632114d63a1685afea4babcfce7.png

You may question why I went with 'much shorter passing' when Liverpool play quite direct however it was the only way I was able to replicate the style of Liverpool. Whenever I set the passing style more direct, the possession stats were not replicating real life Liverpool and because the team mentality is set to attacking I found this kept the counter attacks direct. Other plays such as Robertson, TAA, Fabinho & Henderson have PI's to play more direct passes.

1424659210_InTransition.thumb.png.e2c95578bfbcff171e821a79ea64c41b.png

758293568_Outofposession.thumb.png.e7a922690659567596e85ed6cfe7c141.png

Opposition instructions & Set pieces - Assistant Manager to do weekly opposition instructions however please see below for permanent pressing traps. As for the set pieces, ensure the player lurking outside the area is the best long shot taker. I also set the takers to who Klopp likes to take them in real life i.e. Trent, Milner, Salah & Robertson.
989032168_Oppositioninstructions.thumb.png.45b2e424654a025a5bbca49b7ccec80c.png

The evidence

252473781_5-0ManCity.thumb.png.3ca1b30ab78ce176aa6d42ada6986e0e.png1742414122_6-0Leicester.thumb.png.e465263dd13397470263b8e7f77b0518.png9-0.thumb.png.afcb13c829b319e74550b83ff8f5722c.pngTable.thumb.png.bf5067761e2929ad53f7ff637ef5c886.pngTreble.thumb.png.5586b60b24c1e52a0ee8e267bad1198b.png1422357145_Squadstats.thumb.png.52487407e160ca4740fe9f3d3c6a9e18.png1485001367_Topgoalscorers.thumb.png.ed58c73bed938dcd04921c52cc20bfaa.pngChances.thumb.png.fd5bdd68a7abf1b404141c43cb4a49c5.png946403062_Cleansheets.thumb.png.41f9debe2dd55f28a530fa6d660a1eb6.pngPosession.thumb.png.3d7991d316304c52a46662a7109f4cbd.png

 

Questions & Answers
Q. Does this work with smaller teams? A. Yes, but not quite to the extreme as it does with Liverpool i.e. I managed to get Swindon Town from League 2 to the Premier League after 3 consecutive title wins and promotions.

Q. Any particular players I need? A. Yes, preferably hard working players with fast inside forwards and your lone striker needs to have good link up play. Full backs with good crossing is also integral.

Q. Any Player instructions? A. Yes, but you do not have to copy, for example I have Trent take more risky passes because he has excellent vision but I understand this may not suit all full backs so remove if need be. I also have the BBM AND CB's 'stay wider' to reflect real life however you do not need to do this. Keep all other instructions the way they are already set in my tactic.

Download link
I rarely share tactics but for those of you who may remember I created the tactic on FM Base last year called 'History in The Making' which I received great feedback for so i hope you enjoy this one, please download  here - Verrückter Fußball.fmf

 

Edited by LDP
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, FMLCKDWN said:

im gonna test it in my 3rd season whith marseille 

 

what does the instruction stay wider ?

 

sorry for bad english

Hi mate, in Liverpools tactic both central midfielders stay out wide when Liverpool have possession. This drags the opposition players out of position and creates more space for the Inside Forwards to take advantage. The CBs do the same so to help the wingbacks bomb forward. If you don't have a False 9 at Marseille, a Deep Lying forward on support duty may also work 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

how do you feel about just setting the offside trap opposition instruction, without leaving the rest to the assistant? wouldnt he disrupt the defensive side of the tactic with applying incorrect instructions?

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, radetzky said:

Interesting to see how it works with a subtop or mid-table team

I used it with Swindon Town in league 2 and got them to the PL with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, pollackattack said:

how do you feel about just setting the offside trap opposition instruction, without leaving the rest to the assistant? wouldnt he disrupt the defensive side of the tactic with applying incorrect instructions?

The opposition pressing traps I've set are key to the tactic so keep them. The Assistant generally adds instructions to those who really need attention i.e. a Kevin De Bruyne, Messi etc

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FMLCKDWN said:

i have a problem with red cards how can i fix this ?

Strange, as I went the whole season without a red card. Remove 'tackle harder from the 2 central midfielders and 1 central defensive midfielder however keep it on for the attackers 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 ore fa, LDP ha scritto:

I used it with Swindon Town in league 2 and got them to the PL with it.

2 questions:

Have you always kept attacking mentality? We all know how some games away are difficoult this year.

Much  higher dline shouldnt be counter productive for weaker teams?

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, radetzky said:

2 questions:

Have you always kept attacking mentality? We all know how some games away are difficoult this year.

Much  higher dline shouldnt be counter productive for weaker teams?

I have indeed always kept attacking mentality to replicate Liverpool's style. With Swindon it still worked but because of the high line I did concede a few goals from balls over the top but I stuck with the high line nonetheless

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, LDP said:

The opposition pressing traps I've set are key to the tactic so keep them. The Assistant generally adds instructions to those who really need attention i.e. a Kevin De Bruyne, Messi etc

Just to make sure that I haven't misunderstood: You use the pressing traps you have set and also ask your assman to add his instructions?

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Navarone said:

Just to make sure that I haven't misunderstood: You use the pressing traps you have set and also ask your assman to add his instructions?

Correct 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/04/2020 at 16:45, LDP said:

 

Verrückter Fußball - Jürgen Norbert Klopp style
9318.png.dcfe9b81fe9d303d535e838a22735dc4.png

 

As a die hard Liverpool fan and an admirer of Jürgen Klopp I have recreated his Gegenpress tactic. With this tactic I went the first season undefeated, winning 33, drawing 5 and losing 0, scoring 120 goals and conceding only 17. I also won the Community Shield, Club World Cup, FA Cup & Champions League. No transfer activity necessary although I did sell Shaqiri & Lallana half way through the season.

The tactic
1882749668_Tacticscreen.thumb.png.fe9dffeb8d2e835698eef9e42622cef8.png

2000970420_Inposession.thumb.png.87c4f632114d63a1685afea4babcfce7.png

You may question why I went with 'much shorter passing' when Liverpool play quite direct however it was the only way I was able to replicate the style of Liverpool. Whenever I set the passing style more direct, the possession stats were not replicating real life Liverpool and because the team mentality is set to attacking I found this kept the counter attacks direct. Other plays such as Robertson, TAA, Fabinho & Henderson have PI's to play more direct passes.

1424659210_InTransition.thumb.png.e2c95578bfbcff171e821a79ea64c41b.png

758293568_Outofposession.thumb.png.e7a922690659567596e85ed6cfe7c141.png

Opposition instructions & Set pieces - Assistant Manager to do weekly opposition instructions however please see below for permanent pressing traps. As for the set pieces, ensure the player lurking outside the area is the best long shot taker. I also set the takers to who Klopp likes to take them in real life i.e. Trent, Milner, Salah & Robertson.
989032168_Oppositioninstructions.thumb.png.45b2e424654a025a5bbca49b7ccec80c.png

The evidence

252473781_5-0ManCity.thumb.png.3ca1b30ab78ce176aa6d42ada6986e0e.png1742414122_6-0Leicester.thumb.png.e465263dd13397470263b8e7f77b0518.png9-0.thumb.png.afcb13c829b319e74550b83ff8f5722c.pngTable.thumb.png.bf5067761e2929ad53f7ff637ef5c886.pngTreble.thumb.png.5586b60b24c1e52a0ee8e267bad1198b.png1422357145_Squadstats.thumb.png.52487407e160ca4740fe9f3d3c6a9e18.png1485001367_Topgoalscorers.thumb.png.ed58c73bed938dcd04921c52cc20bfaa.pngChances.thumb.png.fd5bdd68a7abf1b404141c43cb4a49c5.png946403062_Cleansheets.thumb.png.41f9debe2dd55f28a530fa6d660a1eb6.pngPosession.thumb.png.3d7991d316304c52a46662a7109f4cbd.png

 

Questions & Answers
Q. Does this work with smaller teams? A. Yes, but not quite to the extreme as it does with Liverpool i.e. I managed to get Swindon Town from League 2 to the Premier League after 3 consecutive title wins and promotions.

Q. Any particular players I need? A. Yes, preferably hard working players with fast inside forwards and your lone striker needs to have good link up play. Full backs with good crossing is also integral.

Q. Any Player instructions? A. Yes, but you do not have to copy, for example I have Trent take more risky passes because he has excellent vision but I understand this may not suit all full backs so remove if need be. I also have the BBM AND CB's 'stay wider' to reflect real life however you do not need to do this. Keep all other instructions the way they are already set in my tactic.

Download link
I rarely share tactics but for those of you who may remember I created the tactic on FM Base last year called 'History in The Making' which I received great feedback for so i hope you enjoy this one, please download  here - Verrückter Fußball.fmf

 

Hello did you use the editor?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FMLCKDWN said:

how do you do that ?

On left hand side click 'Staff' then hover on the responsibilities tab at the top and click on 'tactics' and 'provides opposition instructions' will be here, simply click and change this to your AM.

 

To permanently set opposition instructions for every game. Go to 'tactics' on the left hand side and your tactic will appear. Click opposition instructions at the top. Just above the football pitch it will say 2 things - players and positions. Click positions and this is where you copy from my picture.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mezza_147 said:

Hello did you use the editor?

Nope, only to edit my profile picture to be Jurgen Klopp (I'm a geek, I know) and delete the real one out so that their are no duplicates. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LDP said:

Nope, only to edit my profile picture to be Jurgen Klopp (I'm a geek, I know) and delete the real one out so that their are no duplicates. 

Haha thats a funny reason for the editor,so with this tactic will it just work for liverpool and what prefer foot for the players?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mezza_147 said:

Haha thats a funny reason for the editor,so with this tactic will it just work for liverpool and what prefer foot for the players?

Hi mate, sorry for the late reply. It should work for any team as long as you have the right players. The usual for the inside Forwards - right wing, left footed and left wing, right footed. Wingbacks have to have good crossing and central midfielders hard working. If you haven't got a suitable F9 a DLF may work on support. Also, one of the Inside Forwards worked as a winger for me also

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LDP said:

Hi mate, sorry for the late reply. It should work for any team as long as you have the right players. The usual for the inside Forwards - right wing, left footed and left wing, right footed. Wingbacks have to have good crossing and central midfielders hard working. If you haven't got a suitable F9 a DLF may work on support. Also, one of the Inside Forwards worked as a winger for me also

What do you do with set pieces,corners,throw ins?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mezza_147 said:

What do you do with set pieces,corners,throw 

They've already been set up but feel free to change

The defending of corners is set up nicely for the counter 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LDP said:

They've already been set up but feel free to change

The defending of corners is set up nicely for the counter 

Could you give us a picture of the set piece section please

Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 16 Stunden schrieb mezza_147:

Haha thats a funny reason for the editor,so with this tactic will it just work for liverpool and what prefer foot for the players?

How you did that? With the real profile Picture?:)

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, RaffiK6 said:

How you did that? With the real profile Picture?:)

Go to 'preferences' and it says 'change profile picture'

 

I searched Klopp cut out photo online and found 2 good ones

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

ALSO, If anybody has good advice on how to turn this tactic into a 4-2-3-1 formation that'd be great as I haven't been able to get this formation right on FM20.

Edited by LDP
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FMLCKDWN said:

i win a lot of games whith this tactic but every importent match i lose aigainst a top team, cup final etc ... how can i make sure to win them?

What does your team look like? Most importantly Inside Forwards and Full backs?

Did you let the team get used to the tactic first? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LDP said:

What does your team look like? Most importantly Inside Forwards and Full backs?

Did you let the team get used to the tactic first? 

Hello could you give us a picture of the set piece section please?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LDP said:

What does your team look like? Most importantly Inside Forwards and Full backs?

Did you let the team get used to the tactic first? 

im psv second season january lost all games against top teams and lost point every time a top team lost points yes u have fast if's hard working midfield and backs that can cross 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, mezza_147 said:

Who takes corners,free kicks and throw ins?

Who ever you like to be honest, I use the real life Liverpool corner takers I.e. Alexander-Arnold, Milner, Robertson

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, FMLCKDWN said:

im psv second season january lost all games against top teams and lost point every time a top team lost points yes u have fast if's hard working midfield and backs that can cross 

Find this weird mate as it literally has one me multiple trophies in every single save 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say that this is the best tactic I've tried so far on fm20.

I took over a West Brom side 16th in the Championship (predicted 7th) and have gone on a 9 match unbeaten run (8 wins), scoring 26 and only conceding 4 (three of those were in one game) and have also gone 5 games without conceding.

 

I think, as the OP says, hard workers and pace on the flanks are key allied to OIs. My F9/DLF doesn't score much but links the play well.

Every game we have dominated slightly in possession but massively in terms of chances.

Great job LDP 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/04/2020 at 16:45, LDP said:

 

Opposition instructions & Set pieces - Assistant Manager to do weekly opposition instructions however please see below for permanent pressing traps. As for the set pieces, ensure the player lurking outside the area is the best long shot taker. I also set the takers to who Klopp likes to take them in real life i.e. Trent, Milner, Salah & Robertson.
989032168_Oppositioninstructions.thumb.png.45b2e424654a025a5bbca49b7ccec80c.png

 

 

 

5 minutes ago, ilyes92300 said:

hello do you use oi ?

He does, the picture is in the OP.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, LDP said:

Find this weird mate as it literally has one me multiple trophies in every single save 

2nd season almost finished whith psv became 2nd ( ajax is just to strong ) but won the cup against them :p and im still in the euro cup semi final love this tactic next season i hope to win the title 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, FMLCKDWN said:

2nd season almost finished whith psv became 2nd ( ajax is just to strong ) but won the cup against them :p and im still in the euro cup semi final love this tactic next season i hope to win the title 

This is great, let me know how you get on!

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 saat önce, FMLCKDWN said:

this was my season :D now training malen to AML and i am searching for a good f9 image.thumb.png.605bb7d89e4a8897c18b9f942e8b5127.png

There are hundreds of better tactics, not good performance. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, calimero80 said:

There are hundreds of better tactics, not good performance. 

Great input 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/04/2020 at 21:23, LDP said:

Who ever you like to be honest, I use the real life Liverpool corner takers I.e. Alexander-Arnold, Milner, Robertson

 

2 hours ago, mezza_147 said:

Who takes corners?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Could you please share the exact PIs for this tactic as I want to test this tactic out in fm19 alongside your "History in the making 4123 tactic"

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...