most of my team are still away on international duty

1 hour ago, Davey Boy said:

25th of March 2020 in Hungary and im supposed to be playing the 2nd leg in the cup, yet most of my team are still away on international duty. So i have to play  alot of greyed out players?

Most likely because within the database, your cup ties aren't set to a higher priority than international matches. Generally people who set up leagues in the database would schedule cup ties around the usual international commitment windows to avoid those issues; especially since it's not always possible to withdraw players from international duty even in March. However, not every database or league within vanilla FM has been created with the same level of care and attention to detail... nevermind user created/custom databases. When that's the case, those situations can unfortunately happen. To be honest it's a pretty major oversight, but sometimes people don't even expect that you would actually manage in smaller countries.

To those who are curious, this is what the international calendar looks likes for the 2018-2024 period. If you're creating a database, just don't put cup ties at those dates and you should be fine. You should also avoid continental cup ties as well, but generally the game would reschedule those since they (generally) have higher priority than national cups.
https://resources.fifa.com/image/upload/international-match-calendar-2018-2024-x4858.pdf?cloudid=ntmrkopxx2iutr05pxbc

Edited by BMNJohn