Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
★ OPZ ★

FM20 v20.4.1 Newgens attributes value is not balanced with the position.

For example, many striker high CA PA but finishing 12-13 or less.

Winger, status like full back. marking , Tacking higher than Dribbling or Crossing.  

QzvSrzc.jpg

The screenshot shows that crossing and dribbling is higher than tackling, so not sure what the issue is.  Attribute balancing is difficult when so many of the attributes are so high

There age many good strikers in the game with finishing of 12 or less... What's more, your example has all the stats worthy of a great pressing forward. Put it this way - would you rather his finishing was 20,and all his other worthwhile stats dropped accordingly by 5-10 points? Probably not. He will get into good positions, he will put on pressure to shake the defense, he will score goals. My 15-18 goal a season striker had 12 finishing. Also had 26 goals in 22 caps for England at one point. 

57 minutes ago, ★ OPZ ★ said:

Winger, status like full back. marking , Tacking higher than Dribbling or Crossing.  

QzvSrzc.jpg

50 minutes ago, FrazT said:

The screenshot shows that crossing and dribbling is higher than tackling, so not sure what the issue is.  Attribute balancing is difficult when so many of the attributes are so high

he said he has wingers with tackling higher than cross and dribbling

here, he's showing his striker with low finishing

1 hour ago, ★ OPZ ★ said:

QzvSrzc.jpg

Finishing is only half the story. Low finishing doesn't mean he's going to be bad in front of goal

he has good technique, first touch, composure and decisions. with all those, he will score goals...i'd rather have those attributes, than high finishing but those attributes are average

put him on shooting training. No youth comes through with everything good (Messi is an exception)

I have noticed this, in particular strikers with much better "winger" type attributes, and the main one - nearly all high quality centre backs with extremely low (compared to current players) heading.

There are other oddities, full backs with a 1 in footedness on the side they play on, low jumping reach across the board and more.

I am managing England in the 2030s so regularly scout hundreds of the best players who have come through the newgen system, and it is extremely noticeable.

Thanks for the answer and sorry for my english.

The old ( I mean FM19 FM18 ) never encountered these problems or very little.

I am not sure. That I should buy them at a high price. Or go to buy a low price with the high finisher but low PA.

might be worth while to mention in the bugs forum. maybe they will ask for your save file. so far have not encountered this problem but i have not made it very far into my save

I had a look around the top clubs in my save (I'm in 2029 atm), but I really can't see the issue happening. Here are the best newgens I found at each of the top clubs in England (I play lower league)

Arsenal:

Vh9g6a3.pngZyANtCm.pngpdZECYM.png

Chelsea:

RFoao7Y.pngfYUWBVw.png5KnSd9X.png

Liverpool:

TGqOcaV.pngloEeVbN.pngACVqeBL.png

Man City:

cdB7ENI.pngfbkNYpf.pngrLBfGIP.png

Man Utd:

qFveseL.pngbL0ONgY.png0fWHkHt.png

Tottenham:

QYLYEnT.pngbY8ycEx.pngd4Ii2XO.png

Some other notables:

xPvUbYw.pngdNUpqFk.pngvZMB4bt.png

So, while not all are perfect, for me the balance seems pretty good. Though, my save is only one, so if you have a lot of examples, I'm sure SI would like to see them reported in the bugs section.

Personally i just retrain players to what suits them or how i want them to fit in. Have converted many AMR/L to WBR/L and CM's to CB's

Posted (edited)

Maybe it's because they can play in many positions. But I would regret that if his natural position is the striker But finishing less than 15

The same as the CB 

KtEqjt4.jpg 6GcFRMn.jpg

eGjsYUS.jpg

Edited by ★ OPZ ★

I don't see any problems with that CB, to be honest.

And the finishing on those strikers isn't the highest but it's nowhere near as bad as you make it out to be. On top of that, not all strikers are good finishers. 

The best stiker I had in my save had 9 finishing and averaged a 20 goal season in the league every year. Wasn't a world-beater at all but got the job done for sure. Finishing isn't everything. 

6 hours ago, ★ OPZ ★ said:

Maybe it's because they can play in many positions. But I would regret that if his natural position is the striker But finishing less than 15

The same as the CB 

KtEqjt4.jpg 6GcFRMn.jpg

eGjsYUS.jpg

Football has evolved so much that u have strikers who don't play as traditional strikers and wingers being top goalscorers so I don't see what is the problem with a top striker with 12 finishing. Moreover some footballers change positions and roles throughout their career so there is always the option to retrain them. Sure if u have a national team full of false 9 strikers there might be a problem there but a few odd ones here and there are fine for me

I just say when we choose to buy players CA/PA 160+. We look at the attributes  first. And the fishining value required in that ST.

Although he can score many goals. But that is a matter of tactics.

Hi lads, what skin is that It's great 

Thabk you 

It'a almost like you've never seen Emile Heskey or Christian Benteke play before.  Strikers with 3 for shooting, Benteke possibly a 2?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JB22 said:

It'a almost like you've never seen Emile Heskey or Christian Benteke play before.  Strikers with 3 for shooting, Benteke possibly a 2?

I'm not talking about shooting  , I am talking about finishing and players PA 160+++++ :thdn: 

Edited by ★ OPZ ★

2 hours ago, ★ OPZ ★ said:

I'm not talking about shooting  , I am talking about finishing and players PA 160+++++ :thdn: 

Hi OPZ, maybe you are too hung up on finishing, there are more crucial attributes to a striker such as off the ball, anticipation, composure, first touch, technique and balance. The less finishing they have the more CA can be spent on other attributes since finishing is too "costly" regarding CA allocation.

11 hours ago, yezzko said:

Hi OPZ, maybe you are too hung up on finishing, there are more crucial attributes to a striker such as off the ball, anticipation, composure, first touch, technique and balance. The less finishing they have the more CA can be spent on other attributes since finishing is too "costly" regarding CA allocation.

I do not argue for other attributes but this is ST.  

You think of real players such as Aguero Suarez Kane Lewandowski that has high value of CA PA. All have a high finishing.

As I said may be because he can play in many positions. 

But when I see the values, it reminds me of the 70s players :lol:

Posted (edited)

there are different types of strike than pure goal scorer, whats his best role?

Edit: Ah i see it says pressing forward, there's your answer, he's a pressing forward not a poacher or the like, pure finishing isn't his number 1 priority

He also seems to be an accomplished or natural center mid

Edited by Andyprime

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Andyprime said:

there are different types of strike than pure goal scorer, whats his best role?

Edit: Ah i see it says pressing forward, there's your answer, he's a pressing forward not a poacher or the like, pure finishing isn't his number 1 priority

He also seems to be an accomplished or natural center mid

first pic Pressing FW

Unal -  Deep Lying  FW

Azzouzi - Advanced FW

I understand what you are saying not the main value in some role

but i mean this is ST. and higt CA PA should at least 15 finishing 

If they have CA PA values below 160 and play Pressing FW I won't doubt him.

op4x14N.jpg

And this.  I think the random position too messy

Edited by ★ OPZ ★

this is best player in my game save

How necessary is it?  That the players playing in the middle has to be that pace. He is the only player who has Pace 20

LVTYkE1.jpg

Previous FM I almost never encounter these problems at all. The more a best player Everyone has a value that is appropriate for the position.