Game preferences in buying   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you buy this game

• For the Tactical aspect
    • For the Visual Aspect
    • For the Pre Editor to make leagues of your choice
    • To make skins and Logos for better interface
    • For the whole package

I buy it for everything OTHER than the visuals, so the whole package is the closest one for me...

Edit: I'll elaborate. I buy it for the data, the world it helps me create, the tactical, the squad building, the fun of playing it in the challenges along others to see how they differ from my own games. I still play mostly in 2D, sometimes 3D for goals when I'm in the mood. So pretty much everything other than the visuals. But far from only the points made possible in the poll.

Edited by XaW

I answered for the tactical aspect because the answer for the Whole package meant, in my understanding, the 4 points listed over. 
In my case, I like creating my team, building a club, having love stories with players and try to get one or two 1-club players (yes, I loved the Totti story), and to implement some tactics in it.
I do not really care about the graphics, as long as the match engine, 2D or 3D really shows what is really happening (i.e., when a player is showed in this position, it really is).

Partly the entire package. Partly because of habit I guess. I haven't been not playing a Football Manager save since the series launched. And before that, I don't think I hadn't not had a Championship Manager save on the go since Cm97/98. So over two decades of always having a save running on the most recent version means to not do so would be more notable than doing so. 

The only time I really took a decent break from the series was when the MMO was around. There was a spell where I didn't have an offline / core series save going (although I still had the game), but spent my time on the online MMO version. And I'm not entirely sure that counts as taking a break! 

I buy it because it is the only football manager game of any note on the market. If there was another, I'd probably get them both. That and habit, I guess. 

For my two cents on the graphics vs ME. Of course the ME is the main selling point (and that is why FM20 is a disappointment). However the GE is important, in that it has to be able to translate the output of the ME into something you can watch. If it did this badly, we would rightly complain about it. The point should be that it is not critical to have the absolute best graphics to enjoy the game, it is just nice. 

On a related note, the actual UI also has to be good for a game like this. I think FM nails it, actually. Play something like Front Office Football to see how a badly designed UI can hurt a game (no disrespect there, that game is a one man operation so it is perhaps unfair to compare, and I enjoy the game). FM20 does look beautiful. 

And of course the point of FM is to build a team and set it up to win games, so the tactical side of things is always going to be important and popular. I have had great fun building systems in FM and writing about them for others. 

1 hora atrás, XaW disse:

I buy it for everything OTHER than the visuals, so the whole package is the closest one for me...

Edit: I'll elaborate. I buy it for the data, the world it helps me create, the tactical, the squad building, the fun of playing it in the challenges along others to see how they differ from my own games. I still play mostly in 2D, sometimes 3D for goals when I'm in the mood. So pretty much everything other than the visuals. But far from only the points made possible in the poll.

Same here, so I'll just quote :)

To buy those damn pesky wonderkids so I can fall in love with regens. Love hate relationship with the game is like being in a long term relationship :lol: all seriousness, tactics, squad building and winning anything and everything, just wished the ME was close to perfect so I could enjoy the beauties abit more- 2d is working splendid as per usual tho 

Partly for the tactical side, partly for the editor, and partly for the overall package. The visuals aren't that important to me in the way the poll probably intended, as I play my matches on 2D, and I find the 2D engine in FM20 much more fluid than previous versions.

I selected the editor option, since that's where the majority of my time ends up going.

I think something like man management would be nice to fit in the possible choises. I chose full package as that gets close to mine answer, but i really like to create my own team of players and manage them or chose my favorite club and buy and sell players which i want they also do in real life. And then a bit of tactics, before it was fun but now it has been harder, and that is something which in this FM 20 is abit dissapointed  for me (within this ME). Now i just choose the preset tactics which for now works fine for me. It brings back the enjoyment of getting fine results. And i also like in the beginning to get the logos, faces etc in the game to make it nicer. But 1 thing is really not important for me and that is, the graphics, i just play in 2D classic, which i like the most. Even if i had a strong laptop i still would choose 2D, that is for me how FM since years ago has to be played in my opinion. :) 

18 hours ago, Norfair said:

Some weird poll options there. I'm missing squad building and general squad planning, but I voted whole package as that was the only one that made sense for me.

I though squad building would be more of the tactical side of things

Its not that I prefer just the visuals but seeing your edited league or your team play in a beautiful 3D surrounding and doing what they are suppose to be doing on the pitch is what I look forward too but  when I develop a league , skin and logos the 3D game and ME let me down . We all know about the ME and free kicks resulting in to many goals or strikers not scoring or too many long range goals just spoil and otherwise good game

To develop young players and for visual aspect ( I hate curent graphics both 3D and 2D, but 2D was decent looking a couple of years ago) 

But, because of more realistic player development nowadays I play Fm less and less.  

I liked it more earlier when players were developing until 30+ so wonderkids would end up with some insane attributes.

In newer FM's, wonderkid can reach his peak at 23 of age so it ruins a purpose for me for a long terms saves. Before I was excited to play as long as I can just to see how my youngster will look at age of 29 for example. 

Edited by Marko1989

15 hours ago, AytchMan said:

The survey could use one more option:  the management aspect.  That is, building a team, developing players, evaluating scout reports and working contracts

Yeah im not perfect so it was a generalisation . :)