Signing well known classics

Hi all,

Does anyone else have a soft spot for old players or players who used to be great on FM?

For example; Fredy Guarin. Well all remember him, he was brilliant. On my game he is 36 years old and is retiring at the end of the season. I am Leamington in League Two and decided I will ignore all my scouts and their advice (he is only a 2 star player). They've rated his signing as 'E' and hate that I'm paying him £1000 a week! 

I signed him because of the memories. He scored an absolute screamer in his 2nd game and it made me smile.

Does anyone else do this?

Just look at his stats! 

Fredy Guarin.PNG

1 minute ago, sporadicsmiles said:

As mobile as an oil tanker! As long as he does not have to move he will rip sides apart! 

:D Luckily you don't really notice any pace difference on this game! 

• 2 weeks later...

My best CM was unexpectedly poached on transfer deadline day hours before the deadline, leaving me with no real time to sign a replacement. The only prospect that appealed was a 35 year old Mousa Dembele, who was rotting in the reserves at Palace while transfer listed and retiring at the end of the season. His physical stats had obviously plummeted but he still had the silky technical skills, so I figured I'd stump up the £250k asking price with the romantic notion that he'd excite the fans, who'd had to endure a pretty dull season prior to me taking over a couple of months earlier.

Played a grand total of 2 appearances off the bench totalling about 25 mins, then got injured and was out for the rest of the season before retiring in ignominy! :lol:

Edited by IbrahimAliMaher
grammar