OI's in certain systems or concepts

I wanna ask if someone employs fixed OI's when there is an enemy with a system that's commonly against, or a style of build up.

I was on an away game vs Milan. They have Pep as a manager and they were using the usual support style on one side and exploit on the other. The OI's i chose were these. It went well, we won 0-2 and their shots were low quality chances.

Also against 5-3-2 I press (without hard tackle usually) the wingbacks and the wide CB's. Of course it depends on everyone's tactic and style also, i use 4-3-3 tiki takaesque

ois.thumb.png.96c6ec2144956a129022aacf4c5c7f08.png

I also use a similar system.

I tighter mark FB/wbs in all systems so my IF(s) work a little harder... And tighter mark a single striker most of the time unless the striker is a pace merchant then I leave it alone.

Press the the single AMC all the time, and hard tackle most players with low bravery because I'm evil like that. Maybe tighter marking the single AMC may be even better? Guess need to try myself.

During the match, I analyse passing combinations and press the player with the most combinations usually.

I don't usually press attacking wingers because usually they're faster than my FBs but it seems to have worked for you, so I'll have to consider that sometimes. 👍

59 minutes ago, Braincomplexa said:

I also use a similar system.

I tighter mark FB/wbs in all systems so my IF(s) work a little harder... And tighter mark a single striker most of the time unless the striker is a pace merchant then I leave it alone.

Press the the single AMC all the time, and hard tackle most players with low bravery because I'm evil like that. Maybe tighter marking the single AMC may be even better? Guess need to try myself.

During the match, I analyse passing combinations and press the player with the most combinations usually.

I don't usually press attacking wingers because usually they're faster than my FBs but it seems to have worked for you, so I'll have to consider that sometimes. 👍

tight mark hmm? i ve never used it, i dont trust my team so much maybe. Press on the winger who is involved in the built up i think is good. I think about him like an IF(s) with maybe sit narrower or wide AP. Even is he is fast. I closed down Foden who played a deep role in MC, why not a fast winger, huh?

10 minutes ago, DimitrisLar said:

tight mark hmm? i ve never used it, i dont trust my team so much maybe. Press on the winger who is involved in the built up i think is good. I think about him like an IF(s) with maybe sit narrower or wide AP. Even is he is fast. I closed down Foden who played a deep role in MC, why not a fast winger, huh?

I find tighter marking fb/wbs help me gain some possession as they're usually left a free reign. So OI tighter marking fb/wbs tells all my players, especially the IFs, to mark them tighter when they enter their zone - they're usually in my ifs zone or fbs zone - which is different than man marking and following them all over the pitch, I think. But I can see how in some cases my fbs can get pulled out of position too so it's a compromise. 

What I fear about pressing fast wingers is my defensive players press to get out of a consolidating position and get skinned alive easily and be away from my goal, but I'll experiment with this tactical move as I don't want creative wingers to have too much time on the ball too. 

24 minutes ago, Braincomplexa said:

I find tighter marking fb/wbs help me gain some possession as they're usually left a free reign. So OI tighter marking fb/wbs tells all my players, especially the IFs, to mark them tighter when they enter their zone - they're usually in my ifs zone or fbs zone - which is different than man marking and following them all over the pitch, I think. But I can see how in some cases my fbs can get pulled out of position too so it's a compromise. 

What I fear about pressing fast wingers is my defensive players press to get out of a consolidating position and get skinned alive easily and be away from my goal, but I'll experiment with this tactical move as I don't want creative wingers to have too much time on the ball too. 

maybe i should check a guide about what these instructions mean cause i had the feeling that tight marking is referred to something like shadow marking, so no balls are played to the player who has that instruction on him. 

always happy having these conversations. something to explore every time :D

6 minutes ago, DimitrisLar said:

maybe i should check a guide about what these instructions mean cause i had the feeling that tight marking is referred to something like shadow marking, so no balls are played to the player who has that instruction on him. 

always happy having these conversations. something to explore every time :D

This game is a vast learning experience for sure, which is fun. Hopefully, someone can correct me if I'm wrong about OI tighter marking 

I've been experimenting in preseason with kind of simeone-esque pressing instructions. 

Basically showing everyone onto the foot nearest the touchline and setting to press the wide players always as well as tight mark some central players to make it hard to pass back inside once funneled out wide 

26 minutes ago, anderson36015 said:

I've been experimenting in preseason with kind of simeone-esque pressing instructions. 

Basically showing everyone onto the foot nearest the touchline and setting to press the wide players always as well as tight mark some central players to make it hard to pass back inside once funneled out wide 

and how did it go? against systems without wingers what are you doing?

Seems to be working OK, doesn't work everytime obviously but getting a lot of turnovers from dead end wing running and balls hit aimlessly down the wing. I also have big strong physical centre backs which helps deal with any crossing though. 

Not encountered any but If they have no wingers the pressing will just apply to whoever is wide like full back or wing backs. Could potentially work better as they wouldn't even have the out ball of the winger down the line.