Sports Interactive Community
Spoof Ex

GamePass - UI Locks up due to Account/Xbox UI constantly trying to open in background

Not sure if this belongs here or to the UI forum, but:

When playing the GamePass edition of the Game, the black box that usually opens when a Gamepass app is usually trying to make you select an account, or if it's syncing save data, is constantly opening for me, and eventually it will sit off screen and lock up all controls (pressing a mouse click will chime the system error sound in Windows).

I've attached a screenshot of the UI box in question

FM20bug.png

Hi @Spoof Ex, do you know if you might be losing connection to the xbox live servers? That looks like Microsoft UI that would normally be displayed when you lose connection (although I have never seen it just blank like that). How frequently does this occur? Thanks.

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Rob Heckman said:

Hi @Spoof Ex, do you know if you might be losing connection to the xbox live servers? That looks like Microsoft UI that would normally be displayed when you lose connection (although I have never seen it just blank like that). How frequently does this occur? Thanks.

@Rob Heckman

Just checked and initially thought you'd cracked it. I had to restart the Teredo services. But upon a restart and confirming the connection to the Live Servers was properly running I still get that UI popping up. It will pop up when I do the following:

* Advance a Day

* Open Inbox

* Open the FM Button Menu

* Click on Squad, Tactics, Staff or Training

* Offer Players to Clubs.

However it isn't Locking up the game now (though I also no longer press or click anything so long as that box appears).

Also, it now will flash on and off at times too (as if it's being called multiple times at once).

Edited by Spoof Ex

Right, have maybe found something to go on. I went into Event Viewer, and the game was calling the Identity Provider almost once every 10 seconds or so.

I re-installed that, and finally it tried to get permission to get access to my account (which failed) and let me with this screen:

image.thumb.png.b7d6a7bf652408c3f06317298f9e62c8.png

I then restarted and it has now gone away. So it seems as though there's something going on with Identity Provider (and the game is seemingly forcing a LOT of calls to it).