Overlapping Centre Back

First off, I'm not trying to replicate the entire Sheffield United tactic, I'm not even sure if I will use them, but, I am only interested in the centre backs. 

If there is already a thread about this particular role, please point me in the right direction. 

Now, I know that replicating this role 'exactly' isn't possible but I also know many have tried. Here's what I would like to know:

What would be the starting point? CB or BPD? 

What would be the ideal ppm's? 

Ideal role for the middle man in a back 3?

I've found a BPD played in a back 3 with the 'Brings ball out of defence' trait will take the ball into midfield if there is sufficient space and can even get into the box occasionally. Not truly overlapping but quite close. Rashidi has a video on this I think.

Another option is to move the outside 'centre-backs' into the full-back position. So the defence lines up:  

FB -------- CD --------- FB

Obviously you need defensive midfielders to protect the central areas but it can work quite well against weaker sides. 

Edited by Manutd1999

17 minutes ago, H.N.I.C. said:

Good idea, this trait is on Piqué.
Would tick stay wider too, in order to give him space in front of him @EnigMattic1

DCD-Piqué_.png

Seems good, stay wider and for the role it will increase mentality if they play as stoppers.