Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
stainyg

Can still sign eu players after brexit

Don't know if I'm being stupid here but here goes, I'm now in year 2022 and Brexit came in 2020 but I've just realised I can still sign players from inside the eu with no work permit issues, both players are Swedish. Also in my 1st season before Brexit I signed a Danish player but was unable to offer him a new contract after Brexit but then the next year it allowed me.

You can get different types of Brexit which change the rules accordingly.

That says that all non UK (and Ireland) players need work permits. Somewhere else on that page will list the requirements for those permits. It's usually wage and/or international games that decides.

Thanks for the reply but I still cant see any details on work permits other than what I've shown. Anyone know where I can find more details? Thanks

Seems like this issue has been raised in a number of threads (e.g. see below). I am yet to see an explanation from SI. 

Hi all, thank you for your posts on this. Unfortunately the issues reported around Brexit are still under review internally and we are unable to advise when we will have an update.

However if you find any issues with Brexit that are different to those in these threads then please post here about them.