Hi Guys

May have put this in wrong place?

I have just tried to import tactics that I have used before. but when I click on folder tactics to open it

I get a box come up with this written in it "the file cannot be imported "?

Never had this happen before and have no idea how to get round it?

Which game and game version are you using?  Is this for the game pass version and if so there is a post at the top of this forum about these issues.

Is it just a particular tactic file that you can't load or does it happen to all tactic files?

I am assuming that you have your tactics files save on the d drive? What happen if you import the same file but from the c drive?

I have tried loading from c drive and d drive just get same box coming up, 'file cannot be imported', but if I import the filter folder from d drive that works fine?

So it is only the tactic files which you are unable to load?

Can you upload that particular file on SI Cloud and let us know the name of the file so we can check for you, please?

Meanwhile, as a test can you try save a new tactic and try loading it, please?

Thanks.

We are able to load up your attached tactics file on Steam FM20. 

To confirm, can you load the file if it is located outside of your tactics folder?

Also, can you take a screenshot or a video of how you attempt to load the file and the warning message, please?

Thanks.

It seems like the tactic you created was from a different version of the game, let's say from beta, from FM touch or from a different FM (just guessing eh!).

There's a mismatch in the code so that's the reason it can't be imported for I think.

There's no way to recover it, unless you launch the version of the game where this tactic is still loadable and adapt it on a new tactic made from scratch for the updated game.

I am able to load your tactics on 20.4.1 version. Can you go to FM > About Football Manager, and check what version of the game are you playing on, please?

Did you download the file via Steam workshop? If so Can you try and download the file again, please?

Posted (edited)

This is the version I'm playing 20.4.1-1363262 (m.e v2040) I have downloaded the tactic again from fmscout, it works fine but only when it's not in a folder.

All the tactics you can see written at the top upload and work fine, but once they are inside tactic folder nothing works, folder doesn't even open

903225309_Screenshot(6).thumb.png.c8b2a662f4d7ebd6f44984446ad912ba.png

Edited by thnigelfc

Can you delete the tactics folder from Football Manager 2020 folder. The folder will generate automatically after you save a tactic again.

Please backup all your tactics files within the tactics folder so you can put them back into the newly created tactics folder.

I've had a look at this myself too and can't seem to work out a reason why it's happening. 

I'll keep the thread open incase I make a breakthrough, apologies we weren't able to find a solution, but glad you got a workaround.