Can someone help! I’ve just been promoted to the prem & I can’t stop losing!

I really need help with my team, I’ve just been promoted, I’m in January, I’ve won 2 games all season, drawn 1 & lost the rest, I just lost 8-1 to Liverpool who had 65 shots, can someone help me get out of this mess? Tactically I think I need help, I’m never normally in this situation because I’m used to playing with teams near the top, thanks!

10 minutes ago, Kai pickford said:

I really need help with my team, I’ve just been promoted, I’m in January, I’ve won 2 games all season, drawn 1 & lost the rest, I just lost 8-1 to Liverpool who had 65 shots, can someone help me get out of this mess? Tactically I think I need help, I’m never normally in this situation because I’m used to playing with teams near the top, thanks!

The first thing to do is probably to post a picture of your tactics. But bear in mind it's pretty unlikely we'll be able to help you survive if you've only got 7 points with ~20 games played, this'll more be about what you could do to improve results at least and maybe do better next time.

6 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

The first thing to do is probably to post a picture of your tactics. But bear in mind it's pretty unlikely we'll be able to help you survive if you've only got 7 points with ~20 games played, this'll more be about what you could do to improve results at least and maybe do better next time.

Hi thanks, it was the World Cup season so only 14 games in, the teams around me are on the same points are the place outside the relegation zone are 6 points above me, I have attached the a picture of the 2 tactics I have been running & the team I have been using, any help would be much appreciated!

3893A499-6D3D-4A41-B590-D502CE04A966.jpeg

A5306C28-1069-4168-B80A-804B2F047FCF.jpeg

My tactics got me from National league to top of league 1 with successful back to back promotions, JPT and FA Trophy 

4-3-1-2

Set both full backs as CWB

Centre mid as either CM or DLP (both work same way to be honest)

Attacking midfielder set as Shadow Striker

Forwards - one as Advanced Forward other as either TM, or Poacher

This has beat bottom half premiership teams

Im currently playing with F9 and SS.

I think the reason your suffering is the huge gap on the wings, Change your full backs to either WB or CWB to get them forward will help your Attacking midfielders

Your tactics are insanely unbalanced... I don't even know where to start. Have you thought about how you want to play? Or did you just select every instruction possible?

If you want serious help you're going to have to screenshot (not take a photo on your phone) of your squad and an idea of how you want to play if you want users to help you out.

4 hours ago, Kai pickford said:

A5306C28-1069-4168-B80A-804B2F047FCF.jpeg

I am not surprised at all that you are struggling when I saw how many totally needless instructions you are using. What actually surprises me is how (on earth) you managed to get promoted with this tactic in the first place. 

When it comes to roles and duties, your lone striker is probably completely isolated most of the time and left to deal with opposition defenses on his own. 

To cut a long story short, it's completely unclear what you are trying to achieve with this tactic. What style of play is that supposed to be (if any)?

The tactic obviously needs a complete overhaul, but before that can be done - you have to decide what kind of football you want to play with this team and why.

Completely agree with the above - your tactic needs some serious, serious overhaul. I was quite looking forward to seeing your tactic as I initially started reading and I do like to help... Then I seen the photo. Damn man, that's gonna give me restless nights haha. 

The quantity of instructions is insane for starts. Figure out how you want to play. It seems like you've selected everything you can in the hope that the players will do a bit of everything and produce a goal somehow. 

Edited by Danielfc

Yeah that tactic is insane, way too much going on , too many  positionally reckless roles. Can not get away with that with teams outside the elite or when you’re not one of the strongest in the division. You need a total overhaul to survive in Prem.

It does make sense though that you’ve been playing with the top sides as three years to take Brentford up is pretty insane. 

In my view, the best thing you can do is to take it back to basics.

Strip out all the TIs and PIs and start with a blank template. Then I'd do the following with the reason why I think that it would be a good idea.

- Change your DCs from both being on cover to the defend duty.

Having them both on cover gives far too much space to the opposition in front of your back line which is an invitation for trouble. It also splits your defensive line which creates space for the opposition to use which is the exact opposite of what you need.

- Allocate the roles and duties in your defensive triangle midfield better.

You need a holding player (preferably one more secure than a BWM considering you are one of the weaker teams in the division), a runner to provide a link between the defensive midfield and attacking midfield and a creator to provide creation for your front 3 from central areas (this player doesn't need to be a playmaker).

- Provide more variety on the flanks and add width

As it stands, you have very little width in the team which is important in order to create space in the middle for your attackers. As you have a DM whose job is to sit you can afford to be more attacking with one of your fullbacks. In fact, wide play is one of the main strengths of using the 4-1-2-3 Wide so it doesn't make sense not to exploit that area. I'd look to invest in the best fullbacks you can get in January as they are vitally important in getting this formation to work considering they have the hardest workload in the team.

You could also add a bit of unpredictability to your attacks by playing different roles for your wide AMs. Having them both cut inside will just congest the middle.

- Temper your expectations

It's your first season in the top flight so you are expected to struggle. Use your lowly status to your advantage. Teams will underestimate you and take more risks against you, find ways to exploit all the space they are going to leave. Provide a threat and give them something to worry about, a good offense can be a good defence.

Good luck

Edited by pheelf