Involve my Central Striker more into the game

I have recently re-made a tactic of mine using 3 strikers. It has brought very good results in the games I've used it

This is how the team lines up. 
1100600_20200413022709_1.thumb.png.0953ddc4ac80666bf79ea0101b5784b7.png

All the results selected were thanks to the tactic without using insta result or holidaying
1100600_20200413023059_1.thumb.png.dd44f005d1ddafff64772558c182dfb0.png

My main problem is that AF. He's barely involved in the games. For comparison, in the Community Shield game against Liverpool my PF on the right got a total of 82 touches of the ball, completing 20 passes and receiving 35. My CF on the left got 96 touches of the ball, and although he only made 8 passes, he received the ball 22 times. Finally, my AF got the worst of all. Only 40 touches of the ball, completing 4 passes and receiving a pass 10 times

The individual instructions for all players are Take more risks if they can have it, Mark tighter too as I want a truly asphyxiating kind of pressing

I've tried adding the instruction of playing through the middle but to no effect. I've thought about using him as a DLF, or even as another PF to get him more involved in the game. Any advice to involve that position more into the game?

6 hours ago, VoidVector said:

1100600_20200413022709_1.thumb.png.0953ddc4ac80666bf79ea0101b5784b7.png

6 hours ago, VoidVector said:

It has brought very good results in the games I've used it

I just looked at your tactic and I personally would make a lot of changes. But since you said it has produced "very good results", I must warn you that any changes could easily ruin the whole tactic. Are you really so sure that you want to change a tactic that works for you only to get more from a single player? 

Have you continued playing on beyond those results posted? Just because that's a very small sample size to call a tactic a resounding success.

If yes to the above, and the results have continued to be good then I would ask why change? Sometimes a player who doesn't pick up high ratings can nevertheless be essential to your system - I've often found in a 4-2-3-1 my AMC gets low numbers and barely averages a 7 in a dominant team, but that's because FM ratings often aren't valuing the pass before the assist, or the dribble that pushes the defence back yet isn't notable as he doesn't beat a man, for example.

You point to low passing numbers as evidence your AF isn't working, but that role isn't designed for dropping deep and 'getting involved' anyway, its meant to be the focal point of your attack, looking to beat the offside trap and run with it, either finishing himself or squaring it to a striker partner, or get on the end of a cross. 

Edited by zlatanera

1 hour ago, zlatanera said:

Have you continued playing on beyond those results posted? Just because that's a very small sample size to call a tactic a resounding success.

If yes to the above, and the results have continued to be good then I would ask why change? Sometimes a player who doesn't pick up high ratings can nevertheless be essential to your system - I've often found in a 4-2-3-1 my AMC gets low numbers and barely averages a 7 in a dominant team, but that's because FM ratings often aren't valuing the pass before the assist, or the dribble that pushes the defence back yet isn't notable as he doesn't beat a man, for example.

You point to low passing numbers as evidence your AF isn't working, but that role isn't designed for dropping deep and 'getting involved' anyway, its meant to be the focal point of your attack, looking to beat the offside trap and run with it, either finishing himself or squaring it to a striker partner, or get on the end of a cross. 

I will train trait - Look for pass rather than shoot for Gacchie if he has great passing, vision and decision. Set PI, shoot less often and try for more pass

And for the AF, it will be great if he can beat offside trap and move into channels

Edited by saintrainhard

9 hours ago, VoidVector said:

My main problem is that AF. He's barely involved in the games.

Well there's not much for him to do considering he has 3 players surrounding him.

He's pretty much going to be a poacher because there's not much for him to do except try to finish moves.  Whilst you've told him to make runs in behind the defence, your nearly as aggressive as you can be defensively which if successful will pin in opponents and give him no space to run into.

How do you want him to be more involved? What is it you want him to do besides get more touches?

2 hours ago, saintrainhard said:

I will train trait - Look for pass rather than shoot for Gacchie if he has great passing, vision and decision. Set PI, shoot less often and try for more pass

And for the AF, it will be great if he can beat offside trap and move into channels

@saintrainhard Mate, I think you confused the threads. This one is about someone else's tactic (by @VoidVector )

5 hours ago, summatsupeer said:

Well there's not much for him to do considering he has 3 players surrounding him.

Nail on the head. 

An AF is great when given space to run into, both in behind the defence and into the channels, but with two strikers either side his movement will be pretty limited. As your system seems to be working I wouldn't suggest you change anything, but if you want more from your AF then i'd consider playing him as one of the outer strikers and maybe not press so aggressively.