[FM 20.4.1] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS - FuSSfilment 2.0.1 || 4-1-2-2-1 • • •

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been using this tactic with great affect for my Man Utd side but I was wondering what I could do to version 1 of the tactic when I am coming up against other top 6 sides and bigger sides in Europe? Is there a whole seperate tactic that anybody would recommend for this or is it just a case of a couple of tweaks? 

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone,

I've just started my BETA game, and it appears that WIDTH WIDTH WIDTH is the mantra for FM21 so far.

There tends to be big tactical changes between the BETA and the full release and I doubt I'll even finish my first season before the full game is out, but will aim to get something out quickly there after.

FuSS.

20201120134856_1.jpg

On 20/11/2020 at 14:52, FuSS said:

Hi everyone,

I've just started my BETA game, and it appears that WIDTH WIDTH WIDTH is the mantra for FM21 so far.

There tends to be big tactical changes between the BETA and the full release and I doubt I'll even finish my first season before the full game is out, but will aim to get something out quickly there after.

FuSS.

20201120134856_1.jpg

Hello Fuss, i will try version 2.0.1 .. with Bournemouth, do you use OI ?

Em 20/11/2020 em 10:52, FuSS disse:

Hi everyone,

FuSS.

20201120134856_1.jpg

Hi @FuSS, any news?

On 18/08/2020 at 22:37, davecrossley said:

Been using this tactic with great affect for my Man Utd side but I was wondering what I could do to version 1 of the tactic when I am coming up against other top 6 sides and bigger sides in Europe? Is there a whole seperate tactic that anybody would recommend for this or is it just a case of a couple of tweaks? 

Hello mate, what worked for me was playing on 'Cautious' and dropping the AP to Support and sometimes changing the DM to a Half Back. Worked really well for my Arsenal side & then Everton, also. 

I'm pretty happy with the core tactic for FM21.

The set pieces need a complete overhaul though - has anyone hit upon a tactic with good set pieces? I'm not above admitting this is never my strong suit!

58 minutos atrás, FuSS disse:

I'm pretty happy with the core tactic for FM21.

The set pieces need a complete overhaul though - has anyone hit upon a tactic with good set pieces? I'm not above admitting this is never my strong suit!

Hi @FuSS, when are you going to release your tactic for us?

Getting there.

I suspect the reason that there aren't as many tactics out as usual is that others are experiencing similar problems to me.

Mainly; the tactical approach that work in the beta (press hard and play wide) doesn't work in the full release. The thing that has taken me a while is that I've desperately been trying to tweak my great beta tactic to make it work again, but it just won't. Where my success has come is in finally admitting to myself I can't fix it and starting over!

Now that I've started over it's been really interesting.

Hard pressing doesn't seem to be the way forward, for the first time in years, a more balanced approach seems to be needed (well done SI!).

There's also a few major bugs in this match engine in my opinion: 

• Route 1 football is way to effective - a single physical striker can walk straight between two CBs without them really reacting. If you just want to win, this engine is begging for a longball exploiting tactic (I won't be doing that).
  • Goal keeper errors are comical - I've scored so many goals from the rebound of opposition keepers taking a drop kick right into my nearby players face.
  • Mad spaces being left at throw-ins - I've had opposition players walk away from their marker once the ball has been thrown, walk directly into a 30-40yard gap in my box, and just wait for the ball, it's like they don't register at all. 

The last two are just bugs and we'll live with them until they get patched.

The first is a major problem to defend against unless you use 3 CBs (I won't be doing that).

Good post mate, Iv'e noticed those problems as well and scored and conseeded those goalkeeper drop kicks it was funny the first time but is becoming a pain. Look forward to your tactic

This is my current line of thinking for FM21, although not finished yet.

Based closely on FuSSfilment (FM20).

There's a change in formation (shocking from me, I know!) and there's much less pressing (which seems to be the key in FM21!).

unFuSShionable BETA v1.1 (low cross + FB cross + mixed passing IFs).fmf

Edited by FuSS

These are from my personal game. As you can see I've only just started my first season.

So no testing or final tactic yet.

BTW Marcus Edwards is probably this year's best buy :)

Edited by FuSS

2 hours ago, FuSS said:

Ce sont de mon jeu personnel. Comme vous pouvez le voir, je viens tout juste de commencer ma première saison.

Donc pas encore de test ou de tactique finale.

BTW Marcus Edwards est probablement le meilleur achat de cette année :)

Hello Fuss, do you use OI ?

32 minutes ago, ilyes92300 said:

Hello Fuss, do you use OI ?

Short answer: No.

Long Answer: Treat this tactic pretty much the same as my FM20 tactics. If there's an exceptional player causing problems, you can use OIs to stop the problems occurring.

Advice: OIs are more useful the further down the league you go - i.e. the smaller the team, more it pays to spoon feed the players.

22 hours ago, gooders11 said:

I'm giving this a whirl with Derby. I've read the opening page and just to be clear for the IF if they are right footed put them on the IF left position? 

P.s Marcus Edwards was superb in my last save as was Kaio Jorge.

Yep. That's pretty normal for an IF anyway.

You want them to be able to cut inside.

To be fair, if  it's the other way around then they will just cross more instead of shoot/through balls.

Hi Fuss.

Did you give the 433 a go this year and not like it, or go straight for a 4231? I've been playing with 433 with relative success thus far, not too dissimilar to your tactic last year. Started unemployed and and joined Gloucester in November, went onto 3 successive promotions before finishing 12th in League One in my most recent season.

Disclaimer that generally I've never got on with CAMs in FM since FM14 which is more my problem than anything else!

Edited by anderson653

2 hours ago, anderson653 said:

Hi Fuss.

Did you give the 433 a go this year and not like it, or go straight for a 4231? I've been playing with 433 with relative success thus far, not too dissimilar to your tactic last year. Started unemployed and and joined Gloucester in November, went onto 3 successive promotions before finishing 12th in League One in my most recent season.

Disclaimer that generally I've never got on with CAMs in FM since FM14 which is more my problem than anything else!

Show me a screenshot of you 433 tactic please, I've been struggling to get one to work this year!

15 hours ago, timmymcintyre said:

Show me a screenshot of you 433 tactic please, I've been struggling to get one to work this year!

Apologies if this doesn't work, I've never posted screenshots before on here!

Quite basic but its been doing the job for Gloucester and have continually bested the media prediction. No player instructions (at the moment).

Capture433.PNG

19 hours ago, pescefesso said:

4231? Naaaaa.

I refuse to not receive a 433 from you🤣🤣🤣
come on fuss!!

Haha!

In FM21 I've found that putting anyone in the DM spot (using any positional settings!) creates too much space for the opposition to play between your defensive line and your midfield.

It's counter intuitive but I actually concede more as soon as I move anyone to that DM position.

I can probably get a 4-3-3 with a flat 3 in midfield to work fairly easily, but I've been enjoying the amount of movement the AMC creates?

On 11/12/2020 at 22:32, timmymcintyre said:

As above really.

I always start with a deep and wide 4-3-3 (4-1-2-2-1), but just haven't found the DM position to work so far.

That said I think this match engine has some really terrible errors in it, so I'm certain there will be some significant patches before long.

On 17/04/2020 at 14:46, FMLCKDWN said:

is this a good tactick for underdog teams ? i want to start a long term carreer in lockdown :p but whant to use just one tac if its possible ? 

I've not played through a season yet I'm afraid, just reached January in my first game.

Spurs are unbeaten with the tactic I posted a few posts above though :)

Match Engine 21.4 (Included in Update 21.2) includes but is not limited to the following:
-------------------------------------------
- Better clearances
- Attackers attacking area/far post better
- Better balancing to defenders challenging for aerial balls
- Defenders marking too literally tweaks
- Move to offer passing options improvements
- Passing focus fix to long lateral passes
- Some improvements to aerial interceptions for defenders
- Sent assistant referees on training course to remove some overzealous offsides being given and sort positioning during penalties
- Improvements to ball collision detection with posts/crossbar
- Keeper logic improvements for narrowing shooting angles and rushing out
- Players less likely to slide tackle opposition players who are static
- Removed some suggestions with multiple subs recommended
- Assists not being counted correctly from free kicks
- Crosses that are cleared are being counted as completed
- Fix for players being swapped into positions they can't play during the match by AI managers
- Prevent defenders from attacking ball too close to the feet of a standing opponent too often
- Fixed rare case of popup showing wrong number of goals being scored
- Goalkeeper punches in response to shots are now correctly marked as saves
- Fix to wall behaviour in free kicks, facing and posture
- GK reaction tweaks to freekick shots so the ball position in relation to wall is better taken into account to delay keeper reaction
- Change for lone deep lying forwards and false 9 strikers to be set to support duty by AI managers allowing other support players to be set to attack
- Fix for GK frozen for too long after a lobbed shot is blocked/deflected at the last second
- Small tweak to make defenders do a better last ditch effort after the ball if the keeper is lobbed
- Tweaks to stop goalkeeper kicking the ball into opponent or teammate
- Fixed team talk options which appear before penalty shoot out
- Some improvements with goalkeeper narrowing decisions, made them a bit more likely to intercept the ball when the opponent hasn't received the ball
- Give cumulative bonuses to player ratings when they score/assist more than once, give keepers with not much to do a boost
- Fixed assistant referee following the last defender into the other half of the pitch
- Fix for low rated match officials leading to multiple penalties in friendlies
- Defender dropping marking close to own goal needlessly
- Fix to GK punching ball on close range shot/header when a tipped save/not saved is more appropriate for reaction time
- Fix to referee minimum movement speed when going over to punish a player

There's also a few major bugs in this match engine in my opinion: 

• Route 1 football is way to effective - a single physical striker can walk straight between two CBs without them really reacting. If you just want to win, this engine is begging for a longball exploiting tactic (I won't be doing that).
  • Goal keeper errors are comical - I've scored so many goals from the rebound of opposition keepers taking a drop kick right into my nearby players face.
  • Mad spaces being left at throw-ins - I've had opposition players walk away from their marker once the ball has been thrown, walk directly into a 30-40yard gap in my box, and just wait for the ball, it's like they don't register at all. 

Well, well, well...

Looks like SI have put some effort into fixing the exact errors I complained about a couple of weeks ago, I don't just make this sh** up!

Edited by FuSS

@FuSS I use the tactic as seen in your last screenshot. (so I used no player instructions, just the formation, roles and team instructions as I can see those).
It's working like a charm really on the latest FM21 patch.

I just want to know what you would advise on this: I really like to have a real playmaker role in the team, what position and which kind of playmaker do you think would be the best option to fit into the tactic? (changing the MC def to DLP def? or the AMC to Advanced playmaker? or anohter option?)

On 19/12/2020 at 09:03, QuickZombie said:

Love this tactic. The only tweak I've done is remove higher defensive line and its more solid for me. Thanks fuss much appreciated

7 hours ago, goreds1 said:

Dont normally comment on these tactics but this one has been very promising for my Wigan side. Thanks for putting in the effort and its a nice alternative to the other tactics on this forum.

Thanks both - I assume that's the Beta 1.1 version I posted a few messages back?

3 hours ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

@FuSS I use the tactic as seen in your last screenshot. (so I used no player instructions, just the formation, roles and team instructions as I can see those).
It's working like a charm really on the latest FM21 patch.

I just want to know what you would advise on this: I really like to have a real playmaker role in the team, what position and which kind of playmaker do you think would be the best option to fit into the tactic? (changing the MC def to DLP def? or the AMC to Advanced playmaker? or anohter option?)

Much appreciated.

I generally feel that using a playmaker makes a tactic very one dimensional - it asks the rest of your team to pass to him more often so that he can act as a central point. This works well if you playmaker is head and shoulders above the rest of your team, but otherwise all you're really doing is stunting everyone else's creativity. Also if a decent opposition player man-marks your playmaker, then it's game over.

If you've got a great advanced playmaker type of player - then my first choice would be to use him in the AMC spot, as it is, don't change it to a playmaker. He'll do brilliantly there, he'll still pick amazing passes and assist a lot.

If you really must have a playmaker position in your side then my gut feeling would be to replace the box-to-box midfielder, potentially with a deep-laying play maker in support mode so that he still covered some ground, I don't know if it'll work though!

@FuSS Gave it a try and started really well. Making one self is kind of complicated, well for me though. If i might ask, how do you come up with to use those kind of PI's for example? And it seems that using a high press tactic works the best (as we also can see from those many knap tactics) right? I have to say this one is a nice tactic, saw some really sweet plays also. I did just one change, which is passing shorter, to have some combination play which i like to see in game. 

Id like to know, do u change something when playing against stronger teams, like in the CL league against the best teams, in away games. If yes, what do u change, where to think about? I mean, lowering mentality does not make it more solid right, or when u lower the lines (DoF, LoE) does it make this tactic less effective because of the high press? Thanks in advance. 

The beta tactic in the screenshot earlier in this thread does still work, and very well, especially with top teams.
But I liked to have it a bit more defensively sound, certainly with the smaller underdog teams, you would overperform, but the games that you lose, you would often lose them by a large margin (4-0,1-5, ...)

So I've made this tweak that really does work well for me (I only did a small sample test, so I'm not sure it will work as good for everyone)

• In short I dropped LOE & Defensive line one notch and removed a few team instructions - wide in possesion,  force opposition wide -  to make it even more simpler than it already was.
  • My tests with liverpool (101 points, FA cup) & Utd (leading after after 33 games) and West Brom (5th after 33 games with good goal difference) are promising

Fuss_FM21BetaTac_Tweaked.fmf
tweak.png

Liverpool.png

These results are after 33 games, so don't mind the points total

UtdBrom.png

Edited by DavyDepuydt1

19 hours ago, QuickZombie said:

@FuSS yeah the only one I'm aware of. It just seems more solid without at as the high line got caught out but didn't offer a benefit to justify it so I unticked it

I've had a few message from people still using my FM20 tactics, but glad to hear the BETA has been working well for you.

18 hours ago, f.zaarour said:

@FuSS Gave it a try and started really well. Making one self is kind of complicated, well for me though. If i might ask, how do you come up with to use those kind of PI's for example? And it seems that using a high press tactic works the best (as we also can see from those many knap tactics) right? I have to say this one is a nice tactic, saw some really sweet plays also. I did just one change, which is passing shorter, to have some combination play which i like to see in game. 

Id like to know, do u change something when playing against stronger teams, like in the CL league against the best teams, in away games. If yes, what do u change, where to think about? I mean, lowering mentality does not make it more solid right, or when u lower the lines (DoF, LoE) does it make this tactic less effective because of the high press? Thanks in advance. 

Long story short it's about having a decent understanding of football in real life , thinking through what you want to happen in the game, and then trying to logic out how to make that happen.

The biggest pit fall is people not thinking things through.

A common example is people watching Liverpools front 3 (Mane/Firmino/Salah) and going for attacking IF's that sit narrow. Seems like a good idea, but ask yourself, is that what they actually do? No! Salah and Mane stay very wide when the team is in possession and when they enter the final third then THEN cut-in, they don't sit narrow. So to replicate that kind of behaviour I tell them to stay wide. They also both work extremely hard defensively and harassing opponents, to replicate that behaviour I set them to support, close down more, and mark tight.

Once you find an example you like in the real world, really think about it, and you can make it.

12 hours ago, andre62 said:

the tactic still work on the new match engine??

I've found the BETA less effective after the most recent update, but it still works by and large.

I'm playing with it as we speak.

4 hours ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

The beta tactic in the screenshot earlier in this thread does still work, and very well, especially with top teams.
But I liked to have it a bit more defensively sound, certainly with the smaller underdog teams, you would overperform, but the games that you lose, you would often lose them by a large margin (4-0,1-5, ...)

So I've made this tweak that really does work well for me (I only did a small sample test, so I'm not sure it will work as good for everyone)

• In short I dropped LOE & Defensive line one notch and removed a few team instructions - wide in possesion,  force opposition wide -  to make it even more simpler than it already was.
  • My tests with liverpool (101 points, FA cup) & Utd (leading after after 33 games) and West Brom (5th after 33 games with good goal difference) are promising

Interesting tweaks. Some make perfect sense to me.

• Since the last update, width is less effective, so removing the added width makes sense.
  • I'm not sold on the defensive tweaks, but again, my defence has taken a major hit in the last update, so I'm looking at this.
  • I noticed you dropped "low crosses", how've you found this?

48 minutes ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

That low crosses thing is purely by coincidince, i didn't drop it on purpose,probably clicked it without knowing, but seems to work 😅

Do feel free to upload here, I for one would be interested :)

11 minutes ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

@FuSS

Here is the tactic I mentioned a few posts above:

Fuss_FM21BetaTac_Tweaked.fmf 42.56 kB · 2 downloads

I'm intrigued to see how it plays, you've certainly simplified in terms of player instructions - that's essentially putting more trust in your players to make decisions than I do, not saying that's a bad thing though, perhaps under the current match engine I've been restricting the AI too much.

Edited by FuSS

I'd be interested if you'd all take some time to try out a Pressing Forward (attack) instead of the Advanced Forward (attack) up front.

Seems to help my front-line create more movement, although I do score less counter attacking balls over the top.

1 hour ago, FuSS said:

I'd be interested if you'd all take some time to try out a Pressing Forward (attack) instead of the Advanced Forward (attack) up front.

Seems to help my front-line create more movement, although I do score less counter attacking balls over the top.

Could you make your current tactic available for download? :)

I like this setup. But i prefer playing my fullbacks as wingbacks, one on attack and the other on support. I also prefer the disciplined creative freedoom. And i dont play with the offside trap, the stupid amount of goals i conceded with that on was insane:). I struggle with the CM-roles and wingerroles atm...they are getting very low ratings.

Edited by MasterFolke

On 22/12/2020 at 08:11, DavyDepuydt1 said:

Fuss_FM21BetaTac_Tweaked.fmf 42.56 kB · 22 downloads
tweak.png

Liverpool.png

These results are after 33 games, so don't mind the points total

UtdBrom.png

I did this and it was really good for my first season (small dodgy patch in the middle) but I finished 5th. Second season I was 17th after ten games even though I made hardly any changes. :-( 

I had a lot of succes with my latest tweak to the original fuss FM21 beta tactic:

• Removed the 2 width team instructions (Wider & Force opposition wide)
  • Removed 2 'wide' PI instruvtions on fullbacks
  • Brought defensive line to 'Standard'
  • Upped the pressing urgency one notch
  • Activated 'Get Stuck In'

Test season with Liverpool:

• 106 points - no loss, just 4 draws
  • 23 clean sheets, most in the league, only 13 goals against in entire league
  • 101 goals scored
  • Winners of Champions league, FA cup & Community shield (only lost in Carabao cup on penalties)
    • except the loss on penalties in the carabao cup only wins/draws in all competitions

Tested 3/4th of a season with sheffield united

• climbed from place 16 to place 5

Screenshots of the liverpool test:

Liverpool106.png

Liverpool106_Cups.png

DavyTweakFuss_Vnext2.fmf

Edited by DavyDepuydt1

The tweak has been tested as 3rd best 4-2-3-1 tactic for the current ME, not far of the best (point-wise)  on fm-arena, it even beats knap's ParisienWalkway (most popular) tactic
But what's also worth mentioning, it has a lot less goals against than the other top 4-2-3-1 tactics, while it also still has the best Goal Difference, which means the good defense doesn't impact the offense

That is an important thing, because those goals against mostly come in away games or difficult games against better/good teams.

That's why some other high scoring, league winning tactics still fail to win champions league, because away at the big teams they lose by to large margin and lose the tie on aggregate. 

So the goals against factor is also a nice indicator if the tactic can bring you to cup success (like champions league, FA cup, ...) as well... (offcourse the other indicators should be decent as well, if you don't score it's also bad, but it's an underrated and important factor and reason why people can't explain they win the domestic league but no champions league)

tweakTestingResult.png

DavyTweakFuss_Vnext2.fmf

Edited by DavyDepuydt1

To add some extra to the analysis of my DavyTweakFuss_VNext2 tactic for FM21

I've did some 'regression' testing with this tactic on FM19 & FM20 and it was succesfull on those as well (both in competition, best in GF & GA, and in championsleague)

This makes me confident that this is no exploit tactic, as it worked on previous versions, and means that more than likely it will work on next patches of FM21 as well, which is important to me that you don't have to look for another tactic and change your whole way of playing each time SI comes with a new patch.

Something else to notice from the fm-arena testing that I haven't mentioned before, if you look it has the least Goals from corners of all tested tactics, so it doesn't use any corner-exploit, so goals are from how the tactic plays out, and if you would subtract the goals from corners from the total goals scored the tactic comes out as one of the best scoring-wise

here a screenshot (FM19) attached from my tweak that proofs it also worked perfectly on FM19 (and so is probably a very future-patch-proof tactic)
18/18 with only 1 goal against in this mad CL group with PSG & Dortmund

FM19Succes.png

Download (it's the same tac as attached in both posts above, it's just added for the ease of people who want to download it)

DavyTweakFuss_Vnext2.fmf

Edited by DavyDepuydt1

1 hora atrás, DavyDepuydt1 disse:

To add some extra to the analysis of my DavyTweakFuss_VNext2 tactic for FM21

I've did some 'regression' testing with this tactic on FM19 & FM20 and it was succesfull on those as well (both in competition, best in GF & GA, and in championsleague)

This makes me confident that this is no exploit tactic, as it worked on previous versions, and means that more than likely it will work on next patches of FM21 as well, which is important to me that you don't have to look for another tactic and change your whole way of playing each time SI comes with a new patch.

Something else to notice from the fm-arena testing that I haven't mentioned before, if you look it has the least Goals from corners of all tested tactics, so it doesn't use any corner-exploit, so goals are from how the tactic plays out, and if you would subtract the goals from corners from the total goals scored the tactic comes out as one of the best scoring-wise

here a screenshot (FM19) attached from my tweak that proofs it also worked perfectly on FM19 (and so is probably a very future-patch-proof tactic)
18/18 with only 1 goal against in this mad CL group with PSG & Dortmund

FM19Succes.png

Download (it's the same tac as attached in both posts above, it's just added for the ease of people who want to download it)

DavyTweakFuss_Vnext2.fmf 46 kB · 1 download

Could you share fm20 tactic file please~?