Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
FuSS

[FM 20.4.1] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS - FuSSfilment 2.0.1 || 4-1-2-2-1 • • •

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Human Results - Salford City (First Season)

We're going to Europe!!

20200412121550_1.thumb.jpg.97698b7f99fcd587505b116a9dd0b1f0.jpg

20200412121705_1.thumb.jpg.6825201370983adbd8e0e824e5a02243.jpg

20200412121649_1.thumb.jpg.4a48368aa57287fd7def5cecb0bd94ea.jpg

 

 

Edited by FuSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Human Results - Norwich (First Season)

20191125154102_1.thumb.jpg.92e5aef31917821c0307892f1e0f070d.jpg

20191125154130_1.thumb.jpg.62ac4e7d23a88c1fd5ff20d667f417fa.jpg

20191125150745_1.jpg

Edited by FuSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@FuSS

 

Welcome to FM 20, shame it took a lockdown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, knap said:

@FuSS

 

Welcome to FM 20, shame it took a lockdown.

Hey buddy good to see you! Yeah sorry, crazy year for me and the family I'm afraid!

I'm just looking around the forums now to see who's still about.

Looks like you and Mr U are still active at least :) You're testing sheet looks interesting - you're welcome to give this a whirl, although I've not actually finished a season yet (whoops!)

Edited by FuSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, knap said:

@FuSS

 

Are you on MR L Discord?

 

Not on discord at all! I really don't game anymore :'(

 

14 minutes ago, Craglyboy said:

Finally!!!!

Hey Crag, another blast from the past, nice to see you man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

early couple of games looks promising. stable, solid. shouts really help like you said. who do i take off if red card? i assume opposite foot on the wingers is preferable?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 ore fa, FuSS ha scritto:

Hey buddy good to see you! Yeah sorry, crazy year for me and the family I'm afraid!

I'm just looking around the forums now to see who's still about.

Looks like you and Mr U are still active at least :) You're testing sheet looks interesting - you're welcome to give this a whirl, although I've not actually finished a season yet (whoops!)

do you think switching the striker to CF would change the tactic that much?

Haaland not scoring at all so far for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how it is going your norwich save mate? :) will see if i give this a go ! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Achievement for sure....

First of all i am glad to see a tactic with IFs working well, modern football belong to IFs and so often this role is not crucial in FM

The results speak themselves.

Liverpool defeated away both with Salford and with Norwich (by the , have you dropped to cautious in those games?)

Just one question even if i guess the answer will be NO, have you played with instant results?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, pollackattack said:

early couple of games looks promising. stable, solid. shouts really help like you said. who do i take off if red card? i assume opposite foot on the wingers is preferable?

I usually drop the Mezzala if I go down to 10 - but you shouldn't pick up too mnay yellows as I don't use "get stuck in".

 

15 hours ago, jjacopo said:

do you think switching the striker to CF would change the tactic that much?

Haaland not scoring at all so far for me

You're Inside Forwards will score the majority of goals, which bugs me a little too.

I originally set this tactic up with an AF(A) and a Box-to-Box(S), but it works much better with a Striker that drops deeper and mixes things up - a DLF may be a good alternative.

 

15 hours ago, Jonas91 said:

how it is going your norwich save mate? :) will see if i give this a go ! :)

I'm a local boy so always try and have a Norwich game on the go, but mostly playing with Salford at the moment!

 

34 minutes ago, radetzky said:

Achievement for sure....

First of all i am glad to see a tactic with IFs working well, modern football belong to IFs and so often this role is not crucial in FM

The results speak themselves.

Liverpool defeated away both with Salford and with Norwich (by the , have you dropped to cautious in those games?)

Just one question even if i guess the answer will be NO, have you played with instant results?

 

Well the Liverpool result had some luck to it, as you can see from the stats they were the better side on the day, but not by much - that's football.

I shpuld also say that my Salford side has several payers I think would be good enough for the Championship, that said anyone could have loaned these same players.

No - I mostly watch full matches, or at the very least extended highlights. I don't think you cna understand how a tactic is working unless you watch the parts of the game that aren't just highlights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ilyes92300 said:

oi ? 

did you read the OP mate? it is there xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Good to see you back - I've found your tactics to be consistently among the best across previous versions.

Also delighted to see this particular tactic as it's the same formation (although different player roles) that I've been struggling to get working for my team. Early results are encouraging with 4 wins in 4 and some lovely work from the wingers. The advanced playmaker seems to be getting into position to score from knockdowns as well, which is a nice thing to add as my midfielders this season have struggled with scoring and it's held us back even with Kane and Haaland scoring plenty.

You're a lot harsher on your players with team talks then I am - I tend to use 'aggressive' as the nuclear option, but I'll try that out to see what sort of effect it has. I do have a lot of players hovering around a 7 average, so getting them to consistently score above that would be very welcome.

Edited by Majick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn bro, I still remember your FM2006 and 2007 tactics! I'm gonna start a new save with this one purely out of respect :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find that Danilo Cataldi is great for the Mezzala role. Can be picked up for about £5.5M at the start of the game. Found him when I managed Brighton previously and just got him on a new save with West Ham.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Majick said:

Good to see you back - I've found your tactics to be consistently among the best across previous versions.

Also delighted to see this particular tactic as it's the same formation (although different player roles) that I've been struggling to get working for my team. Early results are encouraging with 4 wins in 4 and some lovely work from the wingers. The advanced playmaker seems to be getting into position to score from knockdowns as well, which is a nice thing to add as my midfielders this season have struggled with scoring and it's held us back even with Kane and Haaland scoring plenty.

You're a lot harsher on your players with team talks then I am - I tend to use 'aggressive' as the nuclear option, but I'll try that out to see what sort of effect it has. I do have a lot of players hovering around a 7 average, so getting them to consistently score above that would be very welcome.

Very much appreciated.

4 hours ago, coach vahid said:

Glad to see historic contributors back .:)

Thank you.

1 hour ago, serek said:

Damn bro, I still remember your FM2006 and 2007 tactics! I'm gonna start a new save with this one purely out of respect :)

Haha, I get asked for copies all the time, but I don;t actually keep anything from old FMs.

7 minutes ago, Arron_ said:

I find that Danilo Cataldi is great for the Mezzala role. Can be picked up for about £5.5M at the start of the game. Found him when I managed Brighton previously and just got him on a new save with West Ham.

Intrigued by this. 

I find the Mezzala's play is more about disrupting the opposition defence and causing havok, my Mez doesn't actually score or assist much, but I'm happy with the way his play opens up space for the team.

That said I don't actually have a good Mez in my team as I originally wanted it to be a box-to-box role, but it just wouldn't work - so I'd love to know more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@FuSS Maybe because i don't set 'set piece takers' and he is by default free-kick and corner taker that helps with assist and the odd goal from a free-kick which I've seen him score.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I've reached season's end - 18 matches played have brought 46 goals, 16 wins and 2 draws. Not bad!

I switched to the tactic a match or two too late, sadly; 3rd in mid-February we'd just lost 3-2 to Chelsea, conceding a late winner. We'd also been turned over by Liverpool a couple of weeks earlier, and our wins were narrower than I cared for.

Our first four matches under this tactic brought 4 wins with an 11-2 aggregate score. We then drew 0-0 with Newcastle in a match where they kicked seven shades out of us. After that we won 12 straight matches to reach the Europa final and push Man U all the way in the league, but they were on an incredible run of their own, and while we closed the gap they won the title in the 37th match, before we played out a fairly dull 0-0 at Old Trafford in the last match of the season.

The CMs have scored 16 goals in that time - Jack Grealish really seems to like the CM/AP slot, getting 4 goals from there in spite of heavy rotation with 5 CMs vying for the 2 slots.

The wingers score well, too - 10 goals, and I lost count of the number of assists that came from crosses to the back post or dribbling into the box.

The sole striker doesn't get as involved in the goals as I might have expected; 15 goals from 18 matches, including a hat-trick in one of them. Still a good return, but a definite shift in focus from previous tactics that had made the striker the heavy focus of any and all attacks. I don't mind spreading the load at all (I've even had a few goals from defenders) but it'll take me a little while to not view a strike force of Kane and Haaland as near-guaranteed problem solvers. Now I have to think about whether Oliver Skipp is more likely to get goals than Martin Odegaard - which isn't something I thought I'd have to consider at the start of this season!

Now, I have a Europa League final to play against West Ham. Grealish and Odegaard in the middle, I think...

EDIT: We didn't turn up and lost 1-0. That's Tottenham for you! :mad:

Edited by Majick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My Nottingham Forest team in 2027 are much better than the real life one but we get a draw way to often. Changed to this tactic and followed the teamtalk and shouts too. Two great results against two difficult opponents. Bravo, FuSS!! 

Ps! I must also mention that I early saw that Man.Utds strikes were getting too many nice passes from Pogba and the other fella and used OI's from around 15 mins. Worked wonders its seems.

Nottingham FM.JPG

Edited by Navarone
No reason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Majick said:

I've reached season's end - 18 matches played have brought 46 goals, 16 wins and 2 draws. Not bad!

I switched to the tactic a match or two too late, sadly; 3rd in mid-February we'd just lost 3-2 to Chelsea, conceding a late winner. We'd also been turned over by Liverpool a couple of weeks earlier, and our wins were narrower than I cared for.

Our first four matches under this tactic brought 4 wins with an 11-2 aggregate score. We then drew 0-0 with Newcastle in a match where they kicked seven shades out of us. After that we won 12 straight matches to reach the Europa final and push Man U all the way in the league, but they were on an incredible run of their own, and while we closed the gap they won the title in the 37th match, before we played out a fairly dull 0-0 at Old Trafford in the last match of the season.

The CMs have scored 16 goals in that time - Jack Grealish really seems to like the CM/AP slot, getting 4 goals from there in spite of heavy rotation with 5 CMs vying for the 2 slots.

The wingers score well, too - 10 goals, and I lost count of the number of assists that came from crosses to the back post or dribbling into the box.

The sole striker doesn't get as involved in the goals as I might have expected; 15 goals from 18 matches, including a hat-trick in one of them. Still a good return, but a definite shift in focus from previous tactics that had made the striker the heavy focus of any and all attacks. I don't mind spreading the load at all (I've even had a few goals from defenders) but it'll take me a little while to not view a strike force of Kane and Haaland as near-guaranteed problem solvers. Now I have to think about whether Oliver Skipp is more likely to get goals than Martin Odegaard - which isn't something I thought I'd have to consider at the start of this season!

Now, I have a Europa League final to play against West Ham. Grealish and Odegaard in the middle, I think...

EDIT: We didn't turn up and lost 1-0. That's Tottenham for you! :mad:

16 wins and 2 draws from 18, that's bloody good, congrats.

I'm experimenting with using a DLF instead of a PF at the moment, might be worth a go.

Strikers will get less goals in this tactic, as you say the goals are spread around more, but a deep striker is pretty vital to draw defenders and open up options for the IFs and MCs.

Shame about the Europa League final, I always find the AI goes into turbo mode in cup finals - worth mixing things up and trying "Cautious", which I find can open up space behind a packed defense, afew OIs when you're not controlling things work too - see the guy below.

 

32 minutes ago, Navarone said:

My Nottingham Forest team in 2027 are much better than the real life one but we get a draw way to often. Changed to this tactic and followed the teamtalk and shouts too. Two great results against two difficult opponents. Bravo, FuSS!! 

Ps! I must also mention that I early saw that Man.Utds strikes were getting too many nice passes from Pogba and the other fella and used OI's from around 15 mins. Worked wonders its seems.

Nottingham FM.JPG

Great start.

Glad to see sensible use of OIs - like I saw, watch for problems, use OIs to solve them if you need to.

Two strikers can be an issue with a High Line, but every tactic has weaknesses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where would you put Dele Alli when playing for England? As an  inside forward or would he do fine as an advanced playmaker or mezzala? I prefer Rashford and Jancho on the left side and sterling and Lewis-Potter(developed to a world star) on the right side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so it doesnt seem what i do, what instructions i give or team talks i give. tactic is good, i can see team playing well. but that doesnt matter if my team concedes TONS of goals from set pieces. and i mean TONS. any remedy? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, pollackattack said:

so it doesnt seem what i do, what instructions i give or team talks i give. tactic is good, i can see team playing well. but that doesnt matter if my team concedes TONS of goals from set pieces. and i mean TONS. any remedy? 

you can try and import another tactic defensive set pieces! maybe one of tff or knaps! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i didnt had that problem though! of the games i have been testing im scoring many goals from offensive set pieces, and the conceded goals usually are the usual ball above the defenders for a fast striker! which is to be expected cause of the high defensive line! but doesnt matter much if i score more that the opponent ! xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Navarone said:

Where would you put Dele Alli when playing for England? As an  inside forward or would he do fine as an advanced playmaker or mezzala? I prefer Rashford and Jancho on the left side and sterling and Lewis-Potter(developed to a world star) on the right side.

I'll have a proper look at his stats tomorrow, but my instinct form real life is that's he's more of a battering ram than a playmaker, so I'd use him in the mezzala role.

 

46 minutes ago, pollackattack said:

so it doesnt seem what i do, what instructions i give or team talks i give. tactic is good, i can see team playing well. but that doesnt matter if my team concedes TONS of goals from set pieces. and i mean TONS. any remedy? 

I probably concede a few too many indirect free kicks, it's something I should look at in all honesty.

I'll analysis the numbers tomorrow and see if there's actually an issue there.

41 minutes ago, Jonas91 said:

you can try and import another tactic defensive set pieces! maybe one of tff or knaps! 

This is a good suggestion.

I may look at someone else's defensive set pieces....although I think my offensive ones are pretty damn good?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Jonas91 said:

i didnt had that problem though! of the games i have been testing im scoring many goals from offensive set pieces, and the conceded goals usually are the usual ball above the defenders for a fast striker! which is to be expected cause of the high defensive line! but doesnt matter much if i score more that the opponent ! xD

With a high line you want very good positioning, jumping and heading for your CBs....you might think you want speed, but actually it's more important that they win the ball in the air before it ever gets to the floor.

I'm not sure if a more aggressive sweeper keeper would help, but I think those settings mostly encourage through balls forward form the keeper, which I'm not keen on.

Edited by FuSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, FuSS said:

With a high line you want very good positioning, jumping and heading for your CBs....you might think you want speed, but actually it's more important that they win the ball in the air before it ever gets to the floor.

I'm not sure if a more aggressive sweeper keeper would help, but I think those settings mostly encourage through balls forward form the keeper, which I'm not keen on.

that is a very good point! i would normally always proritize speedy defenders even if they lacked defensive atributes , instead of slow but good defenders! so defence first, speed later ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jonas91 said:

that is a very good point! i would normally always proritize speedy defenders even if they lacked defensive atributes , instead of slow but good defenders! so defence first, speed later ! 

There's a solution for every situation - if you've got balls going over the top, you want to get to them first, that requires jumping and heading.

But if that balls a through ball along the ground, then all the jumping and heading in the world won't help, you need players that can run to it first, so acceleration.

Like all things in FM there's never a simple answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Very impressed by this tactic. My 1860 Munchen team met big brother Bayern Munchen back in Bundesliga 1. 1860 are favorites for relegation. Changed the mentality to cautious before the game and Bayern never had a chance. Stunning!

1860-bayern.JPG

Edited by Navarone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Navarone said:

Very impressed by this tactic. My 1860 Munchen team met big brother Bayern Munchen back in Bundesliga 1. 1860 are favorites for relegation. Changed the mentality to cautious before the game and Bayern never had a chance. Stunning!

1860-bayern.JPG

Thank you and great result - I read an article on the rise and fall of 1860 Munchen, really interesting club, might give them a go myself at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really impressed it works well for my Sunderland. Will Grigg is on fire now. Great job

.sunderland.thumb.png.af18f0c1b98f7b860ababf58e7dc680a.png1082636625_willgriggsonfire.thumb.png.6e3d825010bb5ed45a4a11a6097cd831.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Merto54 said:

I really impressed it works well for my Sunderland. Will Grigg is on fire now. Great job

.sunderland.thumb.png.af18f0c1b98f7b860ababf58e7dc680a.png1082636625_willgriggsonfire.thumb.png.6e3d825010bb5ed45a4a11a6097cd831.png

Watching Sunderland 'til I die season 2 on Netflix now. Sunderland have just bought Grigg for £3 mill from Wigan. They were really desperate for a striker when Maja left for France. Grigg is a good striker for league one but seems like he is struggling to find back to his best form from a few seasons ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Navarone said:

Watching Sunderland 'til I die season 2 on Netflix now. Sunderland have just bought Grigg for £3 mill from Wigan. They were really desperate for a striker when Maja left for France. Grigg is a good striker for league one but seems like he is struggling to find back to his best form from a few seasons ago.

I started to Sunderland career after watched that show. I think Grigg can play Championship he is better than league 1 level but every striker needs a good Midfielder player always. Football is a Teamwork.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looks like an interesting tactic.  I just started playing FM 20 after years with FM 18.  What are you doing with training for this tactic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure what FuSS is doing, but I've found that the training schedules from https://fm-base.co.uk/resources/fm20-training-schedules.479/ have completely eliminated my players' whingeing about training effectiveness - which is really all I'm looking for!

In seriousness, I've also found it effective to keep an eye on player injury risk, and make sure anyone with an above average risk does nothing more than normal intensity training. Average or better, they get double intensity. I check on that maybe 2-3 times over the course of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Majick said:

Not sure what FuSS is doing, but I've found that the training schedules from https://fm-base.co.uk/resources/fm20-training-schedules.479/ have completely eliminated my players' whingeing about training effectiveness - which is really all I'm looking for!

In seriousness, I've also found it effective to keep an eye on player injury risk, and make sure anyone with an above average risk does nothing more than normal intensity training. Average or better, they get double intensity. I check on that maybe 2-3 times over the course of the season.

that's the same training schedules i use ! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, shooter6065 said:

looks like an interesting tactic.  I just started playing FM 20 after years with FM 18.  What are you doing with training for this tactic?

I tend to find a decent schedule online and download that for general squad training - I'm not an expert.

I do find that setting every single player's individual training to the specific position/type of the tactic to be helpful - i.e. don't leave your left back as "DL playing position" actually select "DL > Fullback > Attack"

I also put all my players on double intensity training - this has risks - but I tend to heavily rotate a large squad all season, so it fits y style of play.

 

12 hours ago, Majick said:

Not sure what FuSS is doing, but I've found that the training schedules from https://fm-base.co.uk/resources/fm20-training-schedules.479/ have completely eliminated my players' whingeing about training effectiveness - which is really all I'm looking for!

In seriousness, I've also found it effective to keep an eye on player injury risk, and make sure anyone with an above average risk does nothing more than normal intensity training. Average or better, they get double intensity. I check on that maybe 2-3 times over the course of the season.

Thanks, I'll give these a look too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for the help!  This SI games forum always has some really helpful people like yourself.  Keep up the good work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to have you back! Best thing to happen in this lockdown! I plan to start using this on my Villa save tonight and see how it goes. Invested heavily in youth and steadily improving and finished runners up in year 2 some how! Now ive  hit a bit of a brick wall with consistency and my wingers/inside forwards are really struggling to influence games which is frustrating after heavy investment so i'm hoping this will help whilst keeping the style of football i like. I'll let you know how it goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for sounding stupid here.  What is the file Fuss info file? and how do I use this in game.

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, branyik said:

Sorry for sounding stupid here.  What is the file Fuss info file? and how do I use this in game.

 

Thanks

is to see our squad info like this! you shoud put the file in DOcuments/Sports Interactiv/ FM 20 / views

then on the top left where it says views you import the fmf file from that folder ! ;)

sss1.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, suptirior__ said:

doesn't wrok played 5 lost 3 with tottenham doing everythyng as you say 

 

can you provide more detais on the not working part? why doesnt work? cant score? conceded a lot? who is your starting eleven? can you post screens? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every team that I take seem to love this tactic. Startet a new save today with Sunderland and they have really startet outstanding. My reserves even beat Stoke away in the league cup which was great. Agressive teamtalk before the game seems to be very important. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jonas91 said:

is to see our squad info like this! you shoud put the file in DOcuments/Sports Interactiv/ FM 20 / views

then on the top left where it says views you import the fmf file from that folder ! ;)

sss1.JPG

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is this a good tactick for underdog teams ? i want to start a long term carreer in lockdown :p but whant to use just one tac if its possible ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...