I found the cheatiest way to getting cheap transfers.

So I just complained about not being able to find defenders for a good price yesterday, and after hearing all the feedback, I went back to the drawing board. The advice I heard was to look at attributes instead and retrain players into the defender position.

But whilst I was doing that, I decided to persist on another exploit I was trying out. I went to a few leagues and scouted every player in that league with a 6.8 and above rating.

Now, the problem is that the players in the French, Italian, German, etc leagues always come up too expensive, and their release clauses are too wily. But this is no problem.

I realised that the most exploitable leagues are the South American leagues, from whom I've already signed a player from Argentina's River Plate, and another one incoming from Mexico's Americá. So I got to work. I visited the Mexican, Argentinian, Brazilian, and Uruguayan leagues, went to each team, and scouted their best performing players.

The results are ridiculous.

Right away I found TWO amazing players from Boca — a defender and a midfielder. I bought the former for 21m (release clause), and the latter for just 12m.

This is just the first batch; most came back with at least 60 scout recommendation, which is absolutely golden for machine gunning the dark. Apparently my scouts have 300 assignments to go through, so I'm really hopeful for more players. I'm also trying to scout MLS of the US, but I'm not sure how that'll go. The only problem is the silly foreign player limit, but I'll worry about that later.

Is this a known exploit? What's your experience doing this?

I'm not sure am I missing something here but .. where is the exploit here, your have found some good players, and you paid 21m for one of them?

It is logical that you can find very good defenders in South America for less money.. it is well known that they have large number of good players/talents, I'm not sure why you are surprised that you've found a good player for 21m there.... maybe I'm too stupid to understand what is the exploit here :D

South America has been known since the days of Champ Man when players were discovering the likes of Saviola and Aguero seasons before anyone in real life had even heard of them. You're not pioneering here matey, sorry to say. 

On a helpful note though, try scouting Scandinavian. The likes of Kennedy bakircioglu, Kim Kallstrom, Mads Jorgenson and Peter Madsen will be familiar names too those veterans out there and even today they throw up some diamonds. 

P.s check out Eric Garcia 

Edited by Danielfc

6 hours ago, STaphouse said:

Hate to break it to you but, this isn't an exploit.

You've scouted 100's of players from a region, known for good young players, and signed 2 of them. 

Well, I signed about 4 more. I could've signed another 10 more but it wouldn't make sense, because I can't register all of them and I don't want to spend that much money.

7 hours ago, Marko1989 said:

I'm not sure am I missing something here but .. where is the exploit here, your have found some good players, and you paid 21m for one of them?

It is logical that you can find very good defenders in South America for less money.. it is well known that they have large number of good players/talents, I'm not sure why you are surprised that you've found a good player for 21m there.... maybe I'm too stupid to understand what is the exploit here :D

I guess I should ask why nobody ever told me to do this? I got replies from 5 different people when I asked about transfer difficulties but nobody told me to do this. I couldn't find anyone talking about this either, when I searched for help. If this is the easiest way to get some good players, why isn't it in all over the Internet? Or am I just dumb and everyone automatically does this on day one and does not need telling?

5 hours ago, Danielfc said:

South America has been known since the days of Champ Man when players were discovering the likes of Saviola and Aguero seasons before anyone in real life had even heard of them. You're not pioneering here matey, sorry to say. 

On a helpful note though, try scouting Scandinavian. The likes of Kennedy bakircioglu, Kim Kallstrom, Mads Jorgenson and Peter Madsen will be familiar names too those veterans out there and even today they throw up some diamonds. 

P.s check out Eric Garcia 

I'll check Scandinavia out, would love some variety. I'd hate for my team to just be a South American team pretending to be an English one.

1 minute ago, LetsNotScoreGoals said:

I guess I should ask why nobody ever told me to do this? I got replies from 5 different people when I asked about transfer difficulties but nobody told me to do this. I couldn't find anyone talking about this either, when I searched for help. If this is the easiest way to get some good players, why isn't it in all over the Internet? Or am I just dumb and everyone automatically does this on day one and does not need telling?

This isn't the foolproof strategy you seem to think it is. You're bringing in players who probably don't speak the language of your country. They might have issues with adapting. There is the "silly foreign player limit" to take into account limiting the scope of this which isn't that silly and is a legitimate concern when it comes to who you want to sign although I think the difficulties presented by that can vary quite a bit dependent on what Brexit scenario you get.

There are obvious plus sides to scouting South America but there are also down sides. You seem to be at a point where you're making a bunch of signings and announcing "This is the way to do it, I'm on the right track now!" before you've actually had a chance to see how they work out.

You also don't seem to have really grasped what it is about what you're doing that's giving you the positive results, as indicated by you wanting to scout MLS; Brazil and Argentina (and, to a lesser extent, Uruguay and Mexico) are economically weak leagues (meaning they'll accept lower value offers) who have consistently produced exceptionally good talents. This isn't the case for MLS where squads will be primarily full of poor players on low wages but, economically, the good players will be on very high designated contracts which will usually be well above their actual value. You're basing it on geographical proximity rather than considering other places where the combination of economically weak league meets consistent production of quality; You'd be much better served scouting places like Holland and Belgium than the USA.

3 hours ago, drizzlynewt said:

This isn't the foolproof strategy you seem to think it is. You're bringing in players who probably don't speak the language of your country. They might have issues with adapting. There is the "silly foreign player limit" to take into account limiting the scope of this which isn't that silly and is a legitimate concern when it comes to who you want to sign although I think the difficulties presented by that can vary quite a bit dependent on what Brexit scenario you get.

There are obvious plus sides to scouting South America but there are also down sides. You seem to be at a point where you're making a bunch of signings and announcing "This is the way to do it, I'm on the right track now!" before you've actually had a chance to see how they work out.

You also don't seem to have really grasped what it is about what you're doing that's giving you the positive results, as indicated by you wanting to scout MLS; Brazil and Argentina (and, to a lesser extent, Uruguay and Mexico) are economically weak leagues (meaning they'll accept lower value offers) who have consistently produced exceptionally good talents. This isn't the case for MLS where squads will be primarily full of poor players on low wages but, economically, the good players will be on very high designated contracts which will usually be well above their actual value. You're basing it on geographical proximity rather than considering other places where the combination of economically weak league meets consistent production of quality; You'd be much better served scouting places like Holland and Belgium than the USA.

I mean, after posting this and getting them on board, I've played a few matches and they seem to be handling it fine. I have yet to have problems with a foreign player; I've played 6 seasons so far and have had plenty of foreigners come and go.

I think my foreign players are fine for now. I've got a few players about to hit their 5 year mark and could get dual citizenship. Every new signing I got I made sure to sell of an equivalent, which wasn't too much trouble for me since I had a lot of deadweight.

I would admit the US is a poor choice, but for a different reason. There's a lot of very old players who go there for retirement, as well as a number of really bad young players offloaded by other clubs. That was the primary reason why nobody there was signable, less the economic reasons.

I have already scouted the leagues in Europe and most of them are too expensive for a slim 90m transfer budget, when I need to make multiple signings since I'm still relatively new to the top flight and still need to shed my old squad.

3 hours ago, TommyToxic said:

The FM reddit has a new south american regen meme every minute

You're exaggerating. Take another look.

1 minute ago, LetsNotScoreGoals said:

I mean, after posting this and getting them on board, I've played a few matches and they seem to be handling it fine. I have yet to have problems with a foreign player; I've played 6 seasons so far and have had plenty of foreigners come and go.

I think my foreign players are fine for now. I've got a few players about to hit their 5 year mark and could get dual citizenship. Every new signing I got I made sure to sell of an equivalent, which wasn't too much trouble for me since I had a lot of deadweight.

I would admit the US is a poor choice, but for a different reason. There's a lot of very old players who go there for retirement, as well as a number of really bad young players offloaded by other clubs. That was the primary reason why nobody there was signable, less the economic reasons.

I have already scouted the leagues in Europe and most of them are too expensive for a slim 90m transfer budget, when I need to make multiple signings since I'm still relatively new to the top flight and still need to shed my old squad.

"A few matches" is a very small sample size though. Regardless, not every player will encounter those problems. It may be that you've been able to recruit a bunch who'll have no problems adapting. That doesn't mean that next time you go to sign someone from South America that won't prove to be an issue.

Again, I'm not suggesting there's no benefit at all from scouting there or signing players. I'm just advising you that this isn't a completely fool proof way of doing things. Rather than dismiss the stuff I'm telling you if you keep it in mind and use it to help inform your decisions about which players to sign (or not sign) from South America you can mitigate the risks. Check the scout report. Does it suggest they will have problems adapting to living in another country as a negative? Some of them might already know English (or the language of whatever nation you're playing in if it's not England but, if you're a relatively new top flight side and have 90 million, I'm guessing it's probably England) and the ability to communicate can be beneficial to a player assimilating into a team. So if you have a choice between two players who are otherwise similar and one knows the language and one doesn't, that can be a deciding factor.

I don't really understand how you think that's a different reason for the US being a poor choice; Poor players who are easily affordable, good players who are on really high wages which are well beyond their actual value. You've just used slightly different wording to make the same point.

5 minutes ago, drizzlynewt said:

"A few matches" is a very small sample size though. Regardless, not every player will encounter those problems. It may be that you've been able to recruit a bunch who'll have no problems adapting. That doesn't mean that next time you go to sign someone from South America that won't prove to be an issue.

Again, I'm not suggesting there's no benefit at all from scouting there or signing players. I'm just advising you that this isn't a completely fool proof way of doing things. Rather than dismiss the stuff I'm telling you if you keep it in mind and use it to help inform your decisions about which players to sign (or not sign) from South America you can mitigate the risks. Check the scout report. Does it suggest they will have problems adapting to living in another country as a negative? Some of them might already know English (or the language of whatever nation you're playing in if it's not England but, if you're a relatively new top flight side and have 90 million, I'm guessing it's probably England) and the ability to communicate can be beneficial to a player assimilating into a team. So if you have a choice between two players who are otherwise similar and one knows the language and one doesn't, that can be a deciding factor.

I don't really understand how you think that's a different reason for the US being a poor choice; Poor players who are easily affordable, good players who are on really high wages which are well beyond their actual value. You've just used slightly different wording to make the same point.

Yeah I do check the scout report. I had a couple of really good dudes but I didn't sign because of things like "inconsistent player" or like you said "problems adapting".

Whichever the case is I don't want to fight with you here. Have a good Sunday,

2 minutes ago, LetsNotScoreGoals said:

Yeah I do check the scout report. I had a couple of really good dudes but I didn't sign because of things like "inconsistent player" or like you said "problems adapting".

Whichever the case is I don't want to fight with you here. Have a good Sunday,

I tend to be of the opinion that checking the scout report for negatives like inconsistency, dreading big games, trouble adapting or being injury prone (and positives like consistency and enjoying big matches) is *the* single most important thing when it comes to actually being good at this game.

Not really sure why you think there'd be a fight, but I'm also not interested in having one. Thanks.

2 hours ago, LetsNotScoreGoals said:

I guess I should ask why nobody ever told me to do this?  If this is the easiest way to get some good players, why isn't it in all over the Internet? 

Because you don't need internet to know that there are good players in South America. I think even people who don't watch football know that South America is known for football talents, and just by using simple logic you should know that you can get them for less money.

Anyways, in FM there are always some cheap good defenders from Balkans and from Czech, Poland. They are strong people, and almost in every FM version you can find some big, strong defenders for cheap from those countries.

Check for example Svetozar Markovic, he is not that strong but he is cheap wonderkid defender.

37 minutes ago, Marko1989 said:

Because you don't need internet to know that there are good players in South America. I think even people who don't watch football know that South America is known for football talents, and just by using simple logic you should know that you can get them for less money.

Anyways, in FM there are always some cheap good defenders from Balkans and from Czech, Poland. They are strong people, and almost in every FM version you can find some big, strong defenders for cheap from those countries.

Check for example Svetozar Markovic, he is not that strong but he is cheap wonderkid defender.

I mean, the game, despite being toted for realism, isn't exactly an accurate representation of reality. And since the game doesn't load South America properly, I wouldn't think that it was fully developed.

I'm afraid I'm too many seasons in to go for anyone but regens, but I can try the Balkans again. I've scouted Czech and Croatia a couple of times but turn up with nothing.