Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
tomjack379

FM2020 touch network game slow

Me and a friend are trying to play a network game on FM touch 2020 and its soo slow. Its ok for me as host but my friend is taking 20-25 mins to play a game with no highlights and all details at minimum?

Any advice or help please?

Can I also Hijack this to report the same issue, Im connecting to the host @santy001 

Im on a Macbook Pro running Catalina 10.15.4 and @santy001 will confirm his specs if need be.

The match engine is running at a jerk speed and when im selecting options like Squad or Tactics its on a four second delay.

My specs are:

Windows 10
i5-7600k @ 4.5ghz
32GB RAM Hyper X Black 2400mhz 4 x 8GB sticks.
AMD R9 390X GPU

Uploaded a dxdiag report as santy001.txt. 

Uploaded save game as santyoli_network.fmt.

Just to add some more information. This issue is also present on the main version of the game, not just Touch.

One part of the issue seems to be that I, as host, can come out of the processing period just fine. Yet it doesn't for the other person, and it then keeps resetting their countdown timer. So, the auto continue is 3 minutes. As you can see I'm down to just 3 seconds left, that's been ticking down normally but every so often it pushes the other timer back up to 3 minutes. 

4b7f8a9ce0c44d8ac5417b9f4f2be7ef.png

Additionally, from how its been described its like in a lot of situations the skin isn't loaded up the locations. Aspects overlap and its very intermittent. We played for a while this morning, and it was fine. Meanwhile this evening its non-stop issues despite reloading the game and so on.

@Harry Dunning to provide an update, we've stumbled into a workaround for this.

At present we both have to fully close down and restart steam, the issue is then resolved. We had tried a series of different things, individual restarts of FM, individual restarts of steam/the computer. Reinstalls and so on. This also happens on the main game as well as FM Touch.

Back to the same problem tonight

Image below showing how only certain things are popping in.

image.thumb.png.0df4bbdc547f0c75b74af20b76568817.png