Sports Interactive Community
Linderoth14

FM20 Gamepass version: can't import .fmf files

Hi!

We are having some issues with the game from Game Pass. We can''t load .fmf files, either to load tactics or database edited files. Any solution? Thanks!!

12 minutes ago, Linderoth14 said:

Hi!

We are having some issues with the game from Game Pass. We can''t load .fmf files, either to load tactics or database edited files. Any solution? Thanks!!

Thanks, was about to ask the same thing.

21 minutes ago, Linderoth14 said:

Hi!

Same problem here...

cannot load any fmf file..tactics,schedules,,shortlists,editor data..

Yes, same problem here! Only reason I bought Xbox game pass was to download FM and play the lower leagues so hoping it get's sorted soon.

7 minutes ago, YorkSeadog said:

Yes, same problem here! Only reason I bought Xbox game pass was to download FM and play the lower leagues so hoping it get's sorted soon.

I believe they'll fix it.

Last year it was working perfectly with game pass.

Hi, 

Does running fm2020 through the Xbox app mean that you cannot play with anyone running fm2020 through steam?

Thanks

Also no achievements are unlocking whatsoever. Winning first competitive game, and keeping a clean sheet. 

Posted (edited)

Hi guys hope all is well. Wondering if anyone can help me out with this. I have downloaded FM 20 via the game pass and I am trying to add the graphics folder containing the logos and kits. Ive copied across the graphics folder from the FM Stream documents folders into the Gamepass FM folders and still not having any luck with the logos and kits showing up. Ive copied across a saved game, and I can access that on the game pass app, just unsure what I am doing wrong with the graphics do I need to tick something, reload something in preferences? Thanks.

Edited by leighdegree

10 minutes ago, leighdegree said:

Hi guys hope all is well. Wondering if anyone can help me out with this. I have downloaded FM 20 via the game pass and I am trying to add the graphics folder containing the logos and kits. Ive copied across the graphics folder from the FM Stream documents folders into the Gamepass FM folders and still not having any luck with the logos and kits showing up. Ive copied across a saved game, and I can access that on the game pass app, just unsure what I am doing wrong with the graphics do I need to tick something, reload something in preferences? Thanks.

As long as the graphics folder is in the equivalent folder to steam then it should load up fine. So gamepass, graphics

Posted (edited)

Same problem here, can't import tactics and can't see the editor data files :/

Edited by Avila_07

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, xIheartdropdeadx said:

As long as the graphics folder is in the equivalent folder to steam then it should load up fine. So gamepass, graphics

EDIT: Fixed the issue. Had to go in to Preferences. Interface. Bottom left of the screen there is a button which says 'reset' click clear cache. Then right hand of the screen reload skin and confirm :)

Edited by leighdegree

This is an issue our dev team are aware of and are currently working hard to fix. I'll update when I know more.

Unfortunately no, we are still working on it. We will update you once we are in the position to do so. 

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

It is laughable how the game was released in this state on the game pass. Every single mode has major issues and game isn't stable at all. 

I'm pretty sure there are testers etc. on these forums, so I would like to directly ask if any one of them actually tested this game pass port before it was released? 

Or was this just copied from Steam with no checks on compatibility at all?

Genuine question by the way.

1 hour ago, elite_popadom said:

It is laughable how the game was released in this state on the game pass. Every single mode has major issues and game isn't stable at all. 

I'm pretty sure there are testers etc. on these forums, so I would like to directly ask if any one of them actually tested this game pass port before it was released? 

I'm going to go with copied without testing as tactics/db import is a fairly standard part of the game that a huge amount of the fan base use... you'd like to think that would be tested before any release 

18 hours ago, elite_popadom said:

Whilst we appreciate that some users are frustrated with some of the issues since raised, the game was tested by our in-house testing team. Unfortunately in some instances there are issues which are present in this version which we are investigating with the aim to fix them as soon as we can.

Thanks. 

Skins and achievements have worked fine for me. Only real gripe is that I want to play the custom English lower leagues DB and multiple versions I've tried don't appear.

Dudes I've found a possible solution for the tactics change the file format from .fmf to .tac I simply made and saved a custom tactic to see what format it saved as then changed the file type on a downloaded tactic and it bloody worked. 

I'm waiting fo the fix for this to play, but I understand the hardships of our time. Thank you for your hard work. 

On 26/04/2020 at 13:30, BADMAN83 said:

Dudes I've found a possible solution for the tactics change the file format from .fmf to .tac I simply made and saved a custom tactic to see what format it saved as then changed the file type on a downloaded tactic and it bloody worked. 

BADMAN83 that's not working. Once you try to load the tactic, it's true game detectes the file, but doesn´t load and gives you an error message. I believe It's better not to confuse people.

error tactica.JPG

Just to update you all, we have a game pass update going out sometime soon which should fix this issue and others.

I can't give an exact timeframe but hopefully it's not too long.

Thanks for your patience, apologies for these issues going under the radar pre release.

4 hours ago, Zipomatic said:

Update is live!

Downloaded it and now I can install tactics!

WOO!

Oh thank god-now I can finally begin my worldwide Journeyman save.  Time to say goodbye to any sleep!

Glad to hear that - thank you all for your patience!

59 minutes ago, Kyle Brown said:

Glad to hear that - thank you all for your patience!

Epic Fail guys.

You might have fixed a couple of things but you also broke some things to.

You cannot load in custom training schedules now. The "Get more" option is no longer present.

4 hours ago, ArmandTamzarian said:

Epic Fail guys.

You might have fixed a couple of things but you also broke some things to.

You cannot load in custom training schedules now. The "Get more" option is no longer present.

I can confirm this, I cannot load custom schedules either on Gamepass.

fm_2020-04-30_17-15-43.png

Yeah training option missing after update here too.

On 29/04/2020 at 02:27, Kyle Brown said:

Just to update you all, we have a game pass update going out sometime soon which should fix this issue and others.

I can't give an exact timeframe but hopefully it's not too long.

Thanks for your patience, apologies for these issues going under the radar pre release.

thank you for your efforts! really appreciate it 

Can I get you to report the training issue separately please. 

Really sorry about that, I'm not entirely sure how this current update will have effected it but I'll try get you an answer by end of today.

On 01/05/2020 at 11:20, Kyle Brown said:

Can I get you to report the training issue separately please. 

Really sorry about that, I'm not entirely sure how this current update will have effected it but I'll try get you an answer by end of today.

Has this issue been sorted as it's still happening in my game or is there another thread where the issue is raised?

Thanks

1 minute ago, nicklaus08 said:

Has this issue been sorted as it's still happening in my game or is there another thread where the issue is raised?

Thanks

The edit files comparability issue should've been fixed in the last update. Can you explain your issue to us again, please?

18 minutes ago, Jimmy Wong said:

The edit files comparability issue should've been fixed in the last update. Can you explain your issue to us again, please?

Sure. The issue I have is I cannot load custom training schedules. It doesn't give me the option which BMNJohn has shown below. 

On 30/04/2020 at 16:17, BMNJohn said:

I can confirm this, I cannot load custom schedules either on Gamepass.

fm_2020-04-30_17-15-43.png

Can confirm the training schedule issue was logged and is with the relevant team. An update will be released in due course.

Can i ask, i am running 20.4.0, i understand i need the .01 version, i am being told to update on the game pass. when i launch the game from there it just launches it. how do i update?

Is there no option to update if you view the installed games in your library?

Is there now a way to download custom databases onto the xbox game pass version? If so can someone explain to me how it is done.

The last I can see there isn't, but the Dev team are aware, when something more is changed I will update further.

Please start a new thread or post in the correct topic next time however, you'll be likely to get the help you need quicker.

I am using the gamepass version and had saved a few seasons data. Without realising it would be a problem I unlinked my onedrive account. When I re-linked it the game was no longer able to find the saved game data even though it's there and I can open it manually.

If I move the folder there is no way I can see of getting the game to search in a different place for this.

The only instructions I can find refer to steam but the game hasn't been purchased and I don't have the retail code to log this in steam to put it in my library.

Please can you advise how I get the game to find these saved data folders/files again?

Thanks

I've replied on your individual thread.