Is there a way to extract the default international competition rules?

Uncle_Sam

It's easy to load up the default domestic nation rules for leagues/cups, but where does the game get the rules for the default international/continental competitions? This has to be somewhere in some .fmf file but I cannot find it for the life of me. Anyone know where?

Maybe... I'm having a little trouble following if I'm honest. I'm going to mess around, but here is what I'm trying to do: I want to see the Concacaf Nations League rules in the editor to try and see how it works with teams promoted/relegated within the same competition. 

EDIT: Holy crap, that worked. Thank you Wolf_pd, you're a legend

Edited by Uncle_Sam

• 4 months later...
On 10/04/2020 at 19:56, Uncle_Sam said:

Maybe... I'm having a little trouble following if I'm honest. I'm going to mess around, but here is what I'm trying to do: I want to see the Concacaf Nations League rules in the editor to try and see how it works with teams promoted/relegated within the same competition. 

EDIT: Holy crap, that worked. Thank you Wolf_pd, you're a legend

I've created a new club continent rules set for North America to include the Champions League (and North American League) without original rules, exported and selected it for a new save game but still see the old original rules and competitions for both leagues. (I did the same for nations Canada and US to integrate a European style rule set, which worked well).

Is there any way to get around that? I hoped the "Copa America" trick could help but I can't adopt that to my problem - too many differences appear.

Please could somebody guide me how get around (either step by step removing the old rules so my rules work or how to get the original North American rules as base to work with)?