Game Pass and Custom Database

I've downloaded a custom database but can't work out where I put it to make it work with Xbox Game Pass. It's straightforward with the Steam version but attempting the same with Game Pass version has resulted in the database not appearing when starting a new game.

Can anyone point to the correct folder I need to but the editor data folder or fmf file into?

The only way I can see around this atm, is load what databases and settings you want on the Steam version of the game(for those who have it) Then save the game and copy that save over to the gamepass folder. I've managed to load everything up that way and it works.

Edited by xIheartdropdeadx
1 hour ago, xIheartdropdeadx said:

The only way I can see around this atm, is load what databases and settings you want on the Steam version of the game(for those who have it) Then save the game and copy that save over to the gamepass folder. I've managed to load everything up that way and it works.

What’s the reason to do it then,If you have bought it from steam?

11 minutes ago, Giorgin07 said:

What’s the reason to do it then,If you have bought it from steam?

Because I know some people like to play FM through the gamepass so they can add to their achievement score for their xbox profile. 

Just now, xIheartdropdeadx said:

Because I know some people like to play FM through the gamepass so they can add to their achievement score for their xbox profile. 

Yes,it makes sense.

You have to boot the game though the Xbox app, and then the achievements will be unlockable.

I really hope they fix this, I want to play as my hometown Gainsborough, but sadly they're not in the default game as playable. Need to use a database that includes the lower English leagues.

Edited by milkcartonmugshotbaby
Spelling mistake
15 minutes ago, milkcartonmugshotbaby said:

You have to boot the game though the Xbox app, and then the achievements will be unlockable.

I really hope they fix this, I want to play as my hometown Gainsborough, but sadly they're not in the default game as playable. Need to use a database that includes the lower English leagues.

That's the only way to launch the game, I'm launching it through the Xbox Beta app like I do for all the games I have. Main issue is the DB's shortlists, tactics not being able to load. 

@xIheartdropdeadx your solution works, 

I came to the same conclusion by myself, i asked to someone to create a save on a fm20 steam version with the same custom ddb than me

On 10/04/2020 at 17:44, xIheartdropdeadx said:

That's the only way to launch the game, I'm launching it through the Xbox Beta app like I do for all the games I have. Main issue is the DB's shortlists, tactics not being able to load. 

5 minutes ago, venerh said:

@xIheartdropdeadx your solution works, 

I came to the same conclusion by myself, i asked to someone to create a save on a fm20 steam version with the same custom ddb than me

Only problem with this is you won't unlock achievements for some reason, even though you haven't played a single game on that save.

On 10/04/2020 at 15:11, xIheartdropdeadx said:

Mod Folder is:

%localappdata%\Packages\SportsInteractive.FootballManager2020_5w3tn6tb6stnm\LocalCache\Local\Microsoft\WritablePackageRoot\data\database\db\2040

HF!

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, strox said:

Mod Folder is:

%localappdata%\Packages\SportsInteractive.FootballManager2020_5w3tn6tb6stnm\LocalCache\Local\Microsoft\WritablePackageRoot\data\database\db\2040

HF!

Finding the folders for the databases isn't the issue. The custom database isn't detected in the game right now is the problem.

Edited by hitemfrank
On 13/04/2020 at 01:10, strox said:

Mod Folder is:

HF!

Yeah, unfortunatly that doesn't work either. 

I don't suppose anyone would mind making a steam save with "E20 - Level 13 with Jersey & Guernsey teams" would they? I'd really like to play the game! haha. I can't believe they're just ghosting us on this issue.

1 hour ago, milkcartonmugshotbaby said:

LATEST UPDATE:

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting SEGA Customer Support.

The devs are aware of this issue and currently looking into it.

Thank you for letting us know.

Best Regards,

Nadim
SEGA Customer Support"

Well... let's hope they can patch those issues asap.
I didn't realize just how important editor data was until having to play without it!

• 2 weeks later...