Stadium expansions

I don't understand why stadium expasions can't take place during the season, I know theres some issues for some stands which reduce capacity, but at quite a few grounds corners could be filled in etc with no problem. But that aside, there is one enormous issue that needs addressing, why doesn't any planned work start the day after the final home game of the season? In some cases in the premiership this can be april, which gives May & June to get the work done, so especially the big prolonged expansions which usually take until christmas would be done by about october maximising club income etc.

The same applies to training/youth facilities, the players go on holiday a few weeks before the point where upgrades start and these could commence then, but theres even less reason for training facility upgrades during the season.

I have often wondered this. It winds me up when a week before the season the board announces expansion plans and tells me my capacity will be reduced for 3 months. Could this not have been done at the end of last season?

The only thing that i can think is the transition between seasons that occurs in the summer could mean that the board ai doesn't address the new budget until July 24th (or whatever date it is) when the new season prep begins.

Are you sure? I asked my board to expand, and they agreed but didn't start it until after the new transfer budget etc was decided, bit earlier than usual but it could have been earlier still really lol.

• SI Staff

Yes, I'm pretty sure as I coded the change myself and tested it as well a long time ago already. It would help to know which team you were so I could try and check here on what date the board processes the expansions for that club, as it depends on the league end dates and the matches left for the club.

Archived