Sports Interactive Community

Hi,

I downloaded FM20 via Game Pass for PC today and i have problem with import (load) tactics and graphics to game. I have files in folder documents/SI/FM20/Gamepass/..., but game can't find it. The same in downloads folder. i tried to change .fmf to .tac, the game can find it, but cannot load it. Can anyone help on this issue? Thanks!

Does this tactic has been created on FM20?

2 hours ago, Cadoni said:

Does this tactic has been created on FM20?

Yes, same with shortlists.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, misadventure75 said:

Same issue Fm has not used .tac since 2015 why is the game pass version using it now very frustrating!

Yeah i have been looking for hours it is such a pain. Can create them in game but they do end up as .tac and as you can change them to ,tac but they wont load. I've sent a ticket 

Edited by unrealterorist

Glad I'm not the only one. I've spent an absolute age trying to work this out. It just doesn't work at all. Put the files in all sorts of folders and it never picks them up. Anyone managed to find a workaround or a fix?

Same problem here... Any dev can give us a solution for this?

Thanks

I was having the same problem but I have found a sort of work around.

Go to https://fm-arena.com/tactic-testing/4-Patch-20-2-3/ and download the save game, load the save game, go to tactics, save the tactic, load up your own save game  and the tactic should be able to be loaded.

Still havent found a way to load shortlists or anything else yet though.

12 minutes ago, Woodfish said:

I was having the same problem but I have found a sort of work around.

Go to https://fm-arena.com/tactic-testing/4-Patch-20-2-3/ and download the save game, load the save game, go to tactics, save the tactic, load up your own save game  and the tactic should be able to be loaded.

Still havent found a way to load shortlists or anything else yet though.

Sorry, I'm not clear, where is the save game?

3 minutes ago, mambros3 said:

Sorry, I'm not clear, where is the save game?

If you head to the website I posted, choose the tactic you want to try, click on it, then you should see an option to download the save.

Screenshot_20200411-095917_Samsung Internet.jpg

7 minutes ago, Woodfish said:

If you head to the website I posted, choose the tactic you want to try, click on it, then you should see an option to download the save.

Screenshot_20200411-095917_Samsung Internet.jpg

In this way we can only import tactics which are inside those saved game though, right?

11 minutes ago, mambros3 said:

In this way we can only import tactics which are inside those saved game though, right?

Yes. Unfortunately it's the only way I've found so far.

1 hour ago, Woodfish said:

Yes. Unfortunately it's the only way I've found so far.

Thank you anyway, that was of some help at least :)

Same problem here. I went crazy last night, when I wanted to try some tactics... And on top of that, FM Genie Scout doesn't work as well. It doesn't detect the game and your game data, thus unusable. I don't understand this. 

Something is wrong with this version of the game... Where are the developers? Please fix the game

Yes this is a shambles tbh no help at all from anyone i take it because hardly anyone has got it from gamepass they dont care

We are aware of the issue where the .fmf files cannot be loaded on Game Pass FM20, we are currently investigating the issue and will update you once we are able to.

Thank you.

6 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

We are aware of the issue where the .fmf files cannot be loaded on Game Pass FM20, we are currently investigating the issue and will update you once we are able to.

Thank you.

Any solutions?

Any news?? Would love to play this game properly on Game pass..pretty please 😉😉😉👍

As soon as our devs provide us with a solution/workaround we will provide an update here.

1 hour ago, Kyle Brown said:

As soon as our devs provide us with a solution/workaround we will provide an update here.

Thank you Kyle, looking forward to getting back into the game, once fixed. Cheers. 

Morning! Any chance this will be resolved for the weekend, as would love to dedicate a bit of time to this, with weather forecast looking naff! Cheers guys..fingers crossed for a fix! :)

Looking forward to being able to play this game...Any fix likely soon?? 

Why was this release so half arsed? Did anyone bother checking if the game even worked on game pass? Online is completely broken, fmf files aren't recognised, constant random crash dumps etc. 

What's the point in releasing a broken game?

Posted (edited)

26 minutes ago, elite_popadom said:

Why was this release so half arsed? Did anyone bother checking if the game even worked on game pass? Online is completely broken, fmf files aren't recognised, constant random crash dumps etc. 

What's the point in releasing a broken game?

Bad work from developers and still waiting for a solution

Edited by Greki

5 hours ago, elite_popadom said:

What's the point in releasing a broken

Couldnt agree more...Think the guys at SI need a decent footy sim competitor, as complacency has set in! Poor form in rush releasing an untested game on this platform, nearly three weeks later and still waiting on a fix to a number of major flaws with the game!! Come on let's get this fixed & playable!!

We completely understand your frustration and we are sorry about it. We want you to know that our dev team is working on providing a fix for these issues as we speak. We will update you once we are able to.

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Managed to get a work around on this.

Downloaded the demo via steam, Started a game on that, put 3 tactics I wanted on that save, Also shortlists, filters and so on, saved it, Loaded that game into the gamepass version, saved all the tactics so they save into whatever the gamepass version is saving them as, same for shortlists and filters, Then loaded up my actual save on gamepass and there i was all the tactics and shortlists I needed.

1 hour ago, sfairy1980 said:

Downloaded the demo via steam, Started a game on that, put 3 tactics I wanted on that save, Also shortlists, filters and so on, saved it, Loaded that game into the gamepass version, saved all the tactics so they save into whatever the gamepass version is saving them as, same for shortlists and filters, Then loaded up my actual save on gamepass and there i was all the tactics and shortlists I needed.

Cheers will give it a try...Worth a punt as only been waiting 3 weeks for a fix from SI :(

1 hour ago, sfairy1980 said:

Nice workaround. And may be a more efficient way for the tactics would be. You just download what .fmf file you would like, open it with the Steam-FM2020, save the tactic again with Steam-FM2020, it will save it as .tac file. You can load the .tac file with the GamePass-FM2020 no problem. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, sfairy1980 said:

I already looked into doing this but I want to use custom database files as well, and couldn't find anywhere on the demo to select these before starting the save as it only gives you the option to quick start.

Does anyone know if there is another way to do this?

Edited by elite_popadom

importing facepacks and logos also don't work for me . Is there a fix for this or am i simply importing them into the wrong folder ?

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, bigsmoke7 said:

importing facepacks and logos also don't work for me . Is there a fix for this or am i simply importing them into the wrong folder ?

Works for me no problem.  Installed the facepacks and logos via the following path:  Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2020 > Gamepass > Graphics.

Also the same path if you want to install background pictures/stadium pictures.

Edited by ajt09

If you are also having problems with loading shortlist's save  them as a slf file i did that and it worked

It's now been nearly 3 weeks since all these bugs were reported and still no fix....come on. 

This clearly wasn't tested anywhere near thoroughly enough, and I understand current circumstances prolong getting patches out but this is getting beyond a joke now. 

The issues with fmf files and online are not minor issues that can be pushed aside. These are major issues. I've been waiting since release to start my career as the fmf files can't be added later. At this point I feel you should at least allow some of us on here to have a trial of the full game on Steam until this is fixed.

You do realise, we are still paying for the game as well?

On 22/04/2020 at 10:16, Jimmy Wong said:

We completely understand your frustration and we are sorry about it. We want you to know that our dev team is working on providing a fix for these issues as we speak. We will update you once we are able to.

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Hi. Any update for this please? 

According to the bug log, we have a fix ready and working, it's just a matter of releasing an update with all the fixes to the public. It hopefully shouldn't be long but I can't give an exact timeframe.

On 23/04/2020 at 13:58, sfairy1980 said:

You legend this works 

4 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

According to the bug log, we have a fix ready and working, it's just a matter of releasing an update with all the fixes to the public. It hopefully shouldn't be long but I can't give an exact timeframe.

Looking forward to the proper fix as this is driving me up the bend 

Yeah we can only apologise for it slipping under the radar pre release, hopefully its resolved quickly.

An update just went live which should hopefully have resolved this issue - let me know if there are still any problems.

Thank you for your patience!

Posted (edited)
On 30/04/2020 at 12:34, Kyle Brown said:

An update just went live which should hopefully have resolved this issue - let me know if there are still any problems.

Thank you for your patience!

Not working.

* My bad,i didn't check for the update on xbox pass.

Updating now and hope it's working properly.

Edited by Giorgin07

Posted (edited)

I just tested to import .fmf tactic files and I can confirm that it's working! Thank the developers and QA staff in here for the elimination of the problem. 

My FM2020 apparently updated itself today (current version shows 0.9.69.0) and it now accepts .fmf files. I didn't test database files or so on, but I tested FM Genie Scout and it still doesn't work. I don't want to be overdemanding, but it should be looked at as well. 

Again thanks from my side. 

fm.jpg

Edited by arunaska