Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, XaW said:

Wow, for asking if he is venting steam or want to have a real conversation? Are you sure you read that right, mate?

You did not answer my question. I don't bother with trying to reason with you if your goal here is simply to vent because you are angry or annoyed about something in your game. If you are truly looking for a rational answer, then let me know and we'll take a look at it. Perhaps there is a reason for those things happening, perhaps there are bugs. I don't know, but I refuse to go around in circles with someone who just want to vent.

So, if you are looking to vent. Then fine, the mods will step in if it's out of bounds. If you are looking to take a look at what has happened and see if there is a bug, or perhaps a mechanic in the game you have a misunderstanding about, or anything else. Then I'm happy to try to help you.

I've tried to help out a lot in here, but I'm done being called this and that for giving an explanation. This is simply me wondering if this is a waste of time or not.

Hi mate - I believe Karnack was replying to you but referring to Bielsa, as in Bielsa sounds like Trump haha. I quite like Trump but I know what he means... He certainly sounds like something. 

 

Bielsa - I'd recommend civilization not Sim City haha. Although maybe you're suited to childrens games :-P Theme Hospital as always a timeless one 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, XaW said:

Wow, for asking if he is venting steam or want to have a real conversation? Are you sure you read that right, mate?

He wasn't talking about you but about Bielsa. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Danielfc said:

Hi mate - I believe Karnack was replying to you but referring to Bielsa, as in Bielsa sounds like Trump haha. I quite like Trump but I know what he means... He certainly sounds like something. 

7 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

He wasn't talking about you but about Bielsa. :)

Ah, that explains things. Then I get you, Karnack!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you should give him a kiss and say sorry 

12 minutes ago, XaW said:

Ah, that explains things. Then I get you, Karnack

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Danielfc said:

I think you should give him a kiss and say sorry 

Umm... I think that's a bit much... :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if this has been mentioned because I haven't read all 50+ replies but if you go to Transfers > Clauses a couple of seasons after this happens you can then see the poached player in all his glory. Gone from Conference North > Prem and it's happened a few times to me, luckily not to any of my good players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, XaW said:

Wow, for asking if he is venting steam or want to have a real conversation? Are you sure you read that right, mate?

 

I was talking about him ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, XaW said:

Wow, for asking if he is venting steam or want to have a real conversation? Are you sure you read that right, mate?

You did not answer my question. I don't bother with trying to reason with you if your goal here is simply to vent because you are angry or annoyed about something in your game. If you are truly looking for a rational answer, then let me know and we'll take a look at it. Perhaps there is a reason for those things happening, perhaps there are bugs. I don't know, but I refuse to go around in circles with someone who just want to vent.

So, if you are looking to vent. Then fine, the mods will step in if it's out of bounds. If you are looking to take a look at what has happened and see if there is a bug, or perhaps a mechanic in the game you have a misunderstanding about, or anything else. Then I'm happy to try to help you.

I've tried to help out a lot in here, but I'm done being called this and that for giving an explanation. This is simply me wondering if this is a waste of time or not.

All i was asking was ,why is they 2 set of rules in the game ,2 different values on a player ,why do players have 2 different wages etc ,you can have a 150million transferbudget ,but it wont compete ,with norwich citys 30million budget,do you think thats right ? Do you think that makes the game enjoyable ,because i dont ,i had over half a billion pound transfer budget because i couldnt buy people ,well i could if i wanted to pay 189 million for 20million 20year old who was only worth 42million because thats what man city paid and my 60million hijack bid wasnt enough , oh well at least i know not to buy it next year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, XaW said:

Wow, for asking if he is venting steam or want to have a real conversation? Are you sure you read that right, mate?

You did not answer my question. I don't bother with trying to reason with you if your goal here is simply to vent because you are angry or annoyed about something in your game. If you are truly looking for a rational answer, then let me know and we'll take a look at it. Perhaps there is a reason for those things happening, perhaps there are bugs. I don't know, but I refuse to go around in circles with someone who just want to vent.

So, if you are looking to vent. Then fine, the mods will step in if it's out of bounds. If you are looking to take a look at what has happened and see if there is a bug, or perhaps a mechanic in the game you have a misunderstanding about, or anything else. Then I'm happy to try to help you.

I've tried to help out a lot in here, but I'm done being called this and that for giving an explanation. This is simply me wondering if this is a waste of time or not.

All i was asking was ,why is they 2 set of rules in the game ,2 different values on a player ,why do players have 2 different wages etc ,you can have a 150million transferbudget ,but it wont compete ,with norwich citys 30million budget,do you think thats right ? Do you think that makes the game enjoyable ,because i dont ,i had over half a billion pound transfer budget because i couldnt buy people ,well i could if i wanted to pay 189 million for 20million 20year old who was only worth 42million because thats what man city paid and my 60million hijack bid wasnt enough , oh well at least i know not to buy it next year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bielsa1975 said:

All i was asking was ,why is they 2 set of rules in the game ,2 different values on a player ,why do players have 2 different wages etc ,you can have a 150million transferbudget ,but it wont compete ,with norwich citys 30million budget,do you think thats right ? Do you think that makes the game enjoyable ,because i dont ,i had over half a billion pound transfer budget because i couldnt buy people ,well i could if i wanted to pay 189 million for 20million 20year old who was only worth 42million because thats what man city paid and my 60million hijack bid wasnt enough , oh well at least i know not to buy it next year 

There's no 2 sets of rules in the game. 

As for your example, the other team may have unsettled the player prior to making the accepted bid. But yeah, if you don't like the game, don't play it. It's fairly easy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bielsa1975 said:

All i was asking was ,why is they 2 set of rules in the game ,2 different values on a player ,why do players have 2 different wages etc ,you can have a 150million transferbudget ,but it wont compete ,with norwich citys 30million budget,do you think thats right ? Do you think that makes the game enjoyable ,because i dont ,i had over half a billion pound transfer budget because i couldnt buy people ,well i could if i wanted to pay 189 million for 20million 20year old who was only worth 42million because thats what man city paid and my 60million hijack bid wasnt enough , oh well at least i know not to buy it next year 

So, that means this is simply a rant, and no wish for any kind of rational discussion. Got it, I'll stay away from this then. Let me know if you change your mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

There's no 2 sets of rules in the game. 

As for your example, the other team may have unsettled the player prior to making the accepted bid. But yeah, if you don't like the game, don't play it. It's fairly easy. 

Ive unistalled the game i think it was a dodgy copy ,AI can unsettle in 1 bid ,i can take 2 years trying to unsettle a player but still he wont put in a transfer request ,the game was good i enjoyed playing it ,but after a few seasons it kinds of boring 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, XaW said:

So, that means this is simply a rant, and no wish for any kind of rational discussion. Got it, I'll stay away from this then. Let me know if you change your mind.

Its not a rant ,its pointing out things wrong with the game ,some people may choose to ignore them ,or some may pretend all is good ,or some may get banned by mods,i will have a rational discussion with you ,but when its staring you in the face on the game ,and your kind of being in denial about it how can we have this rational discussion? I dont mind being banned it will kind of prove my point wouldnt it ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just because "Man City paid" ex amount for him doesn't meant he is worth ex amount - it could be more or less, depending on ever changing variables and circumstances within the game. That's football. You harp on about "two different values" on a player - yet it isn't true. Your taking a bloody newspaper article within the simulator as gospel. It is THEIR story and their value to put to him what they want see it. Just like real life. You judge him whatever you feel (and reject and accept bids accordingly ,it's fairly simple), you scout will give you his or her opinion, and a newspaper will give you whatever sells a story. My god man... I only keep biting at your posts because idiocy irritates me haha. Please take up Theme Hospital 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bielsa1975 said:

All i was asking was ,why is they 2 set of rules in the game ,2 different values on a player ,why do players have 2 different wages etc ,you can have a 150million transferbudget ,but it wont compete ,with norwich citys 30million budget,do you think thats right ? Do you think that makes the game enjoyable ,because i dont ,i had over half a billion pound transfer budget because i couldnt buy people ,well i could if i wanted to pay 189 million for 20million 20year old who was only worth 42million because thats what man city paid and my 60million hijack bid wasnt enough , oh well at least i know not to buy it next year 

Everything you write just shows that you don't know how to play the game. You don't know how to use transfer system. I don't have the same problems you have. If they say they want 189M for player worth 42M he is clearly not for sale and you should turn your focus elsewhere. Or wait for your chance. For example in FM19 I followed world class defender who had a 97 M release clause for 2 years. I was hesitant to pay the fee because it was too much and I had a team full of great players and most of them were paid bellow 20-30M. But I was toying with the idea to play the fee as I could afford it at that time and I was towords the end of my save. I did try to unsettle him but didn't seem to manage but after 2 years I receive a meesage from my scout that he is placed on the transfer list. Eneded up bringing him for 50M which was bellow his value. But if you want the bring any player at any time you will have to overpay him. That is what you're trying to do and AI rarely does.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bielsa1975 said:

Its not a rant ,its pointing out things wrong with the game ,some people may choose to ignore them ,or some may pretend all is good ,or some may get banned by mods,i will have a rational discussion with you ,but when its staring you in the face on the game ,and your kind of being in denial about it how can we have this rational discussion? I dont mind being banned it will kind of prove my point wouldnt it ?

Ok, I'll bite, but just once.

I've yet to see anyone get banned for giving constructive criticism of the game. The only ones I've seen get told of was using blatant harassment or refused to back down when told to calm down. So unless you call out SI staff, mods, or other users here with profanity or abuse, I doubt you will be banned for saying the game has its faults.

I don't deny the game have flaws, it most certainly do, but what you are describing isn't necessarily bugs or issues. It might just be you not quite understanding the information the game gives you. And, yes, that is a flaw of the game in some cases, that the user is not made well enough away of what is actually happening. But that again is a question for how SI should want their game to be. Too much explanation makes the game simply about numbers and manipulating them to your favour (like games such as Civilization, and don't get me wrong, I love those games). Too little information, the user are left to their own interpretation of what's going on.

Now, going into one specific example you made. About other buying a player cheaper than you could. Here is how that works. If you don't do ANYTHING other than bidding for a player, negotiating and confirming, then you most likely have to buy a higher price than someone who does more ground work. In a network game I had, we were two players looking at the same player, but I managed to get a bid in for over £10m less than my mate. How? I used the game mechanics to my advantage. Here is how I often go about buying a player in FM.

1. Scout, scout, scout. Even after I have 100% scouting, I keep scouting him. Why? So EVERYONE knows I want the player, including the player himself.
2. Sometimes I attend matches myself. Not because I want, but because the press makes a big deal about it and I can say I'm interested.
3. I enquire for the player, and see what the owning team say they want. If they say something like £100m, then I know they don't really want to sell him.
4. I talk to the press about him. Praising his ability, and see what the player answer. If he get's all giddy, I know I can make him unsettled at his club.
5. I bid for him, but a low bid. If his value is £20m, I'll bid that. If it's rejected, great, if they negotiate, then I withdraw.
6. Wait a bit. If the player wants to join you, he will now start to make a fuzz. He will be miserable, probably complain to team mates. All that stuff the player do to you if a bigger teams come along.
7. Bid again, a tad bit higher. At this point, the owning team will likely be much more reasonable in their demands. If they still aren't, then the player either haven't made a fuzz, or he just don't want to join you that much.
8. If I can't negotiate it down to what I consider a good price, I'll wait, or move on to another target (that I have done all the above steps on of course, you do have 4-5 players in each position ready for your team at any point, right?).

From those steps I've managed to get in most players I want for a fairly low price. This mostly work, if the player really want to join, if he don't, then it's harder, but many of the same efforts have some effect. This is also what the other teams do to get the players at the price you are seeing they buying for. If a player have told his manager he would like to join Arsenal, because that manager have done the above, then Arsenal might get him cheaper than Chelsea, simply because the player wants to go there. Another thing, is sniping up a player the AI team have worked on. So the player is wanted by a team a bit lower than your, and you can see he is unhappy, throw in a bid and he might come to you since he is miserable at his club anyway and they just want to get rid.

And remember, big and small team is relative to the clubs in question. For a player in Hungary, a PL team is a really big one. But if the player is playing for Barcelona, then perhaps not.

There are NOT different rules for AI vs human manager. But there are different rules for a manager who have done his homework, and someone who shows up throwing cash around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, yolixeya said:

Everything you write just shows that you don't know how to play the game. You don't know how to use transfer system. I don't have the same problems you have. If they say they want 189M for player worth 42M he is clearly not for sale and you should turn your focus elsewhere. Or wait for your chance. For example in FM19 I followed world class defender who had a 97 M release clause for 2 years. I was hesitant to pay the fee because it was too much and I had a team full of great players and most of them were paid bellow 20-30M. But I was toying with the idea to play the fee as I could afford it at that time and I was towords the end of my save. I did try to unsettle him but didn't seem to manage but after 2 years I receive a meesage from my scout that he is placed on the transfer list. Eneded up bringing him for 50M which was bellow his value. But if you want the bring any player at any time you will have to overpay him. That is what you're trying to do and AI rarely does.

 

 

I know how to play the game ive been playing it since 2007 i will give you my example 

Scout troy parrot 

Scout report says estimated cost 65 to 75 million 

Declare a transfer target bid 25 million  spurs want silly money 

Declare as top target attend games send my DOF to watch 

News reports leeds preparing 55million bid for parrot 

Bid 45.million 

Player unhappy at spurs refused bid not though to spread to teamates etc 

Watch player again send scout 

Repeat all above for 18months 

Player goes to west ham for 30million after a hijack bid of 55million was refused 

Example 2 

Arsenal want my midfielder value 55million release clause locked in by agent of 79million 

Aresnal bid 45million ,bid refused ,

Sameday player is in my inbox wanting to know i tell him bid to low and 79 million 

Next day agent wants contract talks i refuse ,now player unhappy 

Within 2 weeks 5 of my squad are unhappy and my team turn to crap 

I sell him to aresnal for 60million after transfer request all within 6 months 

Now i was european cup holders and still in champion league,i finished 2nd in league aresnal finished 8th 

Oh and he was on 165k a week with me he took a 15k pay cut to go there but wanted 270k to stay 

See the difference ?

 

4 hours ago, XaW said:

Ok, I'll bite, but just once.

I've yet to see anyone get banned for giving constructive criticism of the game. The only ones I've seen get told of was using blatant harassment or refused to back down when told to calm down. So unless you call out SI staff, mods, or other users here with profanity or abuse, I doubt you will be banned for saying the game has its faults.

I don't deny the game have flaws, it most certainly do, but what you are describing isn't necessarily bugs or issues. It might just be you not quite understanding the information the game gives you. And, yes, that is a flaw of the game in some cases, that the user is not made well enough away of what is actually happening. But that again is a question for how SI should want their game to be. Too much explanation makes the game simply about numbers and manipulating them to your favour (like games such as Civilization, and don't get me wrong, I love those games). Too little information, the user are left to their own interpretation of what's going on.

Now, going into one specific example you made. About other buying a player cheaper than you could. Here is how that works. If you don't do ANYTHING other than bidding for a player, negotiating and confirming, then you most likely have to buy a higher price than someone who does more ground work. In a network game I had, we were two players looking at the same player, but I managed to get a bid in for over £10m less than my mate. How? I used the game mechanics to my advantage. Here is how I often go about buying a player in FM.

1. Scout, scout, scout. Even after I have 100% scouting, I keep scouting him. Why? So EVERYONE knows I want the player, including the player himself.
2. Sometimes I attend matches myself. Not because I want, but because the press makes a big deal about it and I can say I'm interested.
3. I enquire for the player, and see what the owning team say they want. If they say something like £100m, then I know they don't really want to sell him.
4. I talk to the press about him. Praising his ability, and see what the player answer. If he get's all giddy, I know I can make him unsettled at his club.
5. I bid for him, but a low bid. If his value is £20m, I'll bid that. If it's rejected, great, if they negotiate, then I withdraw.
6. Wait a bit. If the player wants to join you, he will now start to make a fuzz. He will be miserable, probably complain to team mates. All that stuff the player do to you if a bigger teams come along.
7. Bid again, a tad bit higher. At this point, the owning team will likely be much more reasonable in their demands. If they still aren't, then the player either haven't made a fuzz, or he just don't want to join you that much.
8. If I can't negotiate it down to what I consider a good price, I'll wait, or move on to another target (that I have done all the above steps on of course, you do have 4-5 players in each position ready for your team at any point, right?).

From those steps I've managed to get in most players I want for a fairly low price. This mostly work, if the player really want to join, if he don't, then it's harder, but many of the same efforts have some effect. This is also what the other teams do to get the players at the price you are seeing they buying for. If a player have told his manager he would like to join Arsenal, because that manager have done the above, then Arsenal might get him cheaper than Chelsea, simply because the player wants to go there. Another thing, is sniping up a player the AI team have worked on. So the player is wanted by a team a bit lower than your, and you can see he is unhappy, throw in a bid and he might come to you since he is miserable at his club anyway and they just want to get rid.

And remember, big and small team is relative to the clubs in question. For a player in Hungary, a PL team is a really big one. But if the player is playing for Barcelona, then perhaps not.

There are NOT different rules for AI vs human manager. But there are different rules for a manager who have done his homework, and someone who shows up throwing cash around.

Ok after 22 years ive been playing the game wrong all this  time ,i know how to play the game ,

But when you got 150million and 100k left in your weekly wage ,your not competing with norwichs 50million 

Because if you get to transfer talks that player on 20k a week wants 150k of you ,he gets insulted at your 100k offer ,but is quite happy to go to lower rep norwich for 45k 

But you lost me when you said there is different rules for AI or human ,they is and always have been the last 22years 

Everyone in denial on these forums 

But others its not the case

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just for the record, that 'playing the game for 22 years' argument doesn't make sense. The game changes with each new version, which makes previous playing experience count for little; 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, XaW said:

Ok, I'll bite, but just once.

I've yet to see anyone get banned for giving constructive criticism of the game. The only ones I've seen get told of was using blatant harassment or refused to back down when told to calm down. So unless you call out SI staff, mods, or other users here with profanity or abuse, I doubt you will be banned for saying the game has its faults.

I don't deny the game have flaws, it most certainly do, but what you are describing isn't necessarily bugs or issues. It might just be you not quite understanding the information the game gives you. And, yes, that is a flaw of the game in some cases, that the user is not made well enough away of what is actually happening. But that again is a question for how SI should want their game to be. Too much explanation makes the game simply about numbers and manipulating them to your favour (like games such as Civilization, and don't get me wrong, I love those games). Too little information, the user are left to their own interpretation of what's going on.

Now, going into one specific example you made. About other buying a player cheaper than you could. Here is how that works. If you don't do ANYTHING other than bidding for a player, negotiating and confirming, then you most likely have to buy a higher price than someone who does more ground work. In a network game I had, we were two players looking at the same player, but I managed to get a bid in for over £10m less than my mate. How? I used the game mechanics to my advantage. Here is how I often go about buying a player in FM.

1. Scout, scout, scout. Even after I have 100% scouting, I keep scouting him. Why? So EVERYONE knows I want the player, including the player himself.
2. Sometimes I attend matches myself. Not because I want, but because the press makes a big deal about it and I can say I'm interested.
3. I enquire for the player, and see what the owning team say they want. If they say something like £100m, then I know they don't really want to sell him.
4. I talk to the press about him. Praising his ability, and see what the player answer. If he get's all giddy, I know I can make him unsettled at his club.
5. I bid for him, but a low bid. If his value is £20m, I'll bid that. If it's rejected, great, if they negotiate, then I withdraw.
6. Wait a bit. If the player wants to join you, he will now start to make a fuzz. He will be miserable, probably complain to team mates. All that stuff the player do to you if a bigger teams come along.
7. Bid again, a tad bit higher. At this point, the owning team will likely be much more reasonable in their demands. If they still aren't, then the player either haven't made a fuzz, or he just don't want to join you that much.
8. If I can't negotiate it down to what I consider a good price, I'll wait, or move on to another target (that I have done all the above steps on of course, you do have 4-5 players in each position ready for your team at any point, right?).

From those steps I've managed to get in most players I want for a fairly low price. This mostly work, if the player really want to join, if he don't, then it's harder, but many of the same efforts have some effect. This is also what the other teams do to get the players at the price you are seeing they buying for. If a player have told his manager he would like to join Arsenal, because that manager have done the above, then Arsenal might get him cheaper than Chelsea, simply because the player wants to go there. Another thing, is sniping up a player the AI team have worked on. So the player is wanted by a team a bit lower than your, and you can see he is unhappy, throw in a bid and he might come to you since he is miserable at his club anyway and they just want to get rid.

And remember, big and small team is relative to the clubs in question. For a player in Hungary, a PL team is a really big one. But if the player is playing for Barcelona, then perhaps not.

There are NOT different rules for AI vs human manager. But there are different rules for a manager who have done his homework, and someone who shows up throwing cash around.

Had this player on my shortlist for 2years flashes up bayern bid 46 million so i bid 46 all up front notice times on game ,my bid refused they want over 117

 

137 millon refused my 46

20200410_044231.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did they accept the bid from Bayern? 

Also, I thought you uninstalled the game? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bielsa1975 said:

Ok after 22 years ive been playing the game wrong all this  time ,i know how to play the game ,

But when you got 150million and 100k left in your weekly wage ,your not competing with norwichs 50million 

Because if you get to transfer talks that player on 20k a week wants 150k of you ,he gets insulted at your 100k offer ,but is quite happy to go to lower rep norwich for 45k 

But you lost me when you said there is different rules for AI or human ,they is and always have been the last 22years 

Everyone in denial on these forums 

But others its not the case

If there are differences, what would SI benefit of denying it? That's simply tinfoil thinking. As Liverpool I managed to get Dele Alli from Spurs (after 1 season) for £45m, as a "regular starter" and about £130k p/w in wages. It's possible!

Why would I be in denial, WHEN I CAN ACTUALLY DO IT? How come "everyone on these forums" manage it, except you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you feel it's wrong in any way, why don't you just log it in the bugs forum so people from SI can take a look at it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bielsa1975 said:

A week later AI to AI 46 million and same weekly wage 

20200410_153225.jpg

If you can upload the save before he is bought, I'd wager I can get a similar deal done, IF you have done all the things you said you did, scouting, media, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, XaW said:

If there are differences, what would SI benefit of denying it? That's simply tinfoil thinking. As Liverpool I managed to get Dele Alli from Spurs (after 1 season) for £45m, as a "regular starter" and about £130k p/w in wages. It's possible!

Why would I be in denial, WHEN I CAN ACTUALLY DO IT? How come "everyone on these forums" manage it, except you?

Ive just posted bayern bid of 46 million,and my 46 million AI to AI all ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bielsa1975 said:

Ive just posted bayern bid of 46 million,and my 46 million AI to AI all ok

So you didn't manage it once, and that is you example that everyone else cannot do it either? When we say we can? Upload the save, and I'll give it a go. Other than that, I'm out of this, since this is clearly venting and whining and I don't want to waste my time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, XaW said:

If you can upload the save before he is bought, I'd wager I can get a similar deal done, IF you have done all the things you said you did, scouting, media, etc.

I bidded46 million all up front what is difference to my 46 million and bayerns, city value the player 137 million to me but 46 million to AI ,its there in your face and still your saying im playing the game wrong 

My club rep just incase you try that one ,so tell me why 2 different values ? 

20200410_154052.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As XaW said, upload the game. I'd like to have a go and see if I can sign him as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

As XaW said, upload the game. I'd like to have a go and see if I can sign him as well. 

I cant upload the save game because i saved the game after that bid was refused then turned off ,then thats poped up so i dont know if it will work ,i think from the save to transfer message is 4.days 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, XaW said:

So you didn't manage it once, and that is you example that everyone else cannot do it either? When we say we can? Upload the save, and I'll give it a go. Other than that, I'm out of this, since this is clearly venting and whining and I don't want to waste my time.

My save is about 4 days before transfer message

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

city value the player at 137 million they have told me this ,but city also value him at 46 million they told bayern this and excepted bayerns bid ,but my bid of 46 million is refused because im a human player so the script kicks in to give the player his 2nd value ,this is what ive been saying all along ,now if my bid had been excepted he wouldnt od moved to me for the same 115k a week contract ,his agent would of been insulted at anything below 200k ,i have proved my point they is 2 set of rules ,no bug its just how the game is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@KlaaZ - I think we just can give up here. This is just ranting and tinfoil theories and nothing we can say or do will change anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, XaW said:

@KlaaZ - I think we just can give up here. This is just ranting and tinfoil theories and nothing we can say or do will change anything.

Yeah, I was about to tell you the same thing. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bielsa1975 said:

I bidded46 million all up front what is difference to my 46 million and bayerns, city value the player 137 million to me but 46 million to AI ,its there in your face and still your saying im playing the game wrong 

My club rep just incase you try that one ,so tell me why 2 different values ? 

20200410_154052.jpg

What's the difference between your £46m and Bayern's?

1. You're in the same league as City, and so they would be selling to a direct rival;

2. The player may be interested in moving out of the Premier League;

3. Potentially the respective strengths of your team and Bayern in terms of quality of players;

4. Prospects of winning the league - have Bayern won it for the last several years? Have you been winning the league?

The game takes into account a hell of a lot of different variables. Considering I was able to buy Sane from City for less than £40m in the summer of 2021 as Dortmund, it's entirely possible to get a player for a steal if you put the work in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If a club unsettles my player to a point they want to leave then fine, but they aren't going to the club that unsettled him! I do it to the AI and I am pretty sure the AI does the same thing. You have a relationship value with the AI manager and unsettling their players deteriorates it. The game says as much with the press questions about transfers with rival managers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As if this guy has successfully poached and hijacked another thread 😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

What's the difference between your £46m and Bayern's?

1. You're in the same league as City, and so they would be selling to a direct rival;

2. The player may be interested in moving out of the Premier League;

3. Potentially the respective strengths of your team and Bayern in terms of quality of players;

4. Prospects of winning the league - have Bayern won it for the last several years? Have you been winning the league?

The game takes into account a hell of a lot of different variables. Considering I was able to buy Sane from City for less than £40m in the summer of 2021 as Dortmund, it's entirely possible to get a player for a steal if you put the work in.

4 league titles in 5 years 3fa cups 2 lge cup 3 european cups 3 super cups oh and my rep much higher than city and bayern only real above me ,i know im kinda of boring going on about it , but the amount of people ( or SI accounts ) making out they dont have a problem with the game is inreal ,the transfers have been like this for 22 years, i know how to play the game ,

He went to Bayern for 46 million because its AI to AI price 100mill+ is AI to human price , his contract would be 250k a week for human ,but his amazing agent got him 115k a week the same as he was on a city 

Oh 46million british pounds up front ,maybe munich did euros 😂😂😂

My club rep 

20200410_154052.jpg

Edited by Bielsa1975

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Danielfc said:

As if this guy has successfully poached and hijacked another thread 😂😂😂

On a leeds forum they is a thread subsection FM2020 ,at the moment must be 300 playing it due to lockdown ,299 are moaning about TRANSFERS ,as if brighton refused 32million for ben white and sold to him to boro for 15 🙄 is quite a normal thing ,alot of people reply ,yeah get use to it ,transfers have always been like that ,wait to a player refuses your 50k but signs for a lower club for 10k ,we must all have brought same bugged copy 😀

Still i will stick within the rules so i dont get a  ban,or comments blocked out 😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has been a debate for years.

People accuse bias against humans vs AI on Transfers

SI deny bias against humans vs AI on Transfers

 

To me, this has always been an issue.  And the OP has laid out some specific examples. 

  • If a club is accepting £47m from an AI club, and asking for over £130m from a human club, there is an issue - regardless of if he praised the guy in the media.
  • He also got a £20m bid rejected for a player, who was sold days later for £2.5m

I think there is a huge transfer bias against human managers - but I have absolutely no proof and if SI say otherwise, who am I to to argue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bielsa1975 said:

On a leeds forum they is a thread subsection FM2020 ,at the moment must be 300 playing it due to lockdown ,299 are moaning about TRANSFERS ,as if brighton refused 32million for ben white and sold to him to boro for 15 🙄 is quite a normal thing ,alot of people reply ,yeah get use to it ,transfers have always been like that ,wait to a player refuses your 50k but signs for a lower club for 10k ,we must all have brought same bugged copy 😀

Still i will stick within the rules so i dont get a  ban,or comments blocked out 😂😂

Anyway, can I have a link to these 299 people complaining? That would be interesting. You do like to pluck your numbers from your bottom. Wait till a player refuses my 50k and signs for 10? Well, according to your southern wisdom that should already have happened by now. Especially since I've been playing since the nineties. But guess what? I still keep playing. Guess what? You do too haha. God I can only imagine what this Leeds forum is like. Take a chill pill lad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Danielfc - You've been told about how you talk to other users once before. I've removed your personal insults towards Bielsa, because there was no need for them at all, and further instances may result in sanctions. Cut it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

@Danielfc - You've been told about how you talk to other users once before. I've removed your personal insults towards Bielsa, because there was no need for them at all, and further instances may result in sanctions. Cut it out.

I beg to differ, it was no more than pub football banter and fact stating that Leeds is indeed South of Newcastle. Where's the worlds sense of humour gone eh. I do hope this doesn't offend and result in a ban because that truly would be a sad day for society. Thanks for editing what you found as 'insulting' and keeping my main point in there though (that is NOT sarcasm). 

To back up my claim of pub football banter, you'll see that myself and Mr Bielsa have also came to several virtual handshakes although an ''understanding'' has always been far off. 

Edited by Danielfc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, robbie.owen333 said:

To me, this has always been an issue.  And the OP has laid out some specific examples. 

  • If a club is accepting £47m from an AI club, and asking for over £130m from a human club, there is an issue - regardless of if he praised the guy in the media.
  • He also got a £20m bid rejected for a player, who was sold days later for £2.5m

I think there is a huge transfer bias against human managers - but I have absolutely no proof and if SI say otherwise, who am I to to argue

Transfer system isn't perfect and nobody is claiming that. I too had a similiar cases especially when I was lower reputation club where the player or the club chose less luacrative offer. But is i not that common and you can use transfer market to your advantage. Human managers have far more advantages in the game then AI. 

I don't have a problem in someone pointing out some flaws in the game in constructive manner but this Bielsa guy is just venting and overreacting in every thread. He claims also that AI has advantages in terms od tactics and conversion rates without a proof and when we don't agree with him he calls us SI staff fake accounts. If he is so frustrated then why does he even play it? I hope he is just a troll and having some fun.

 

Edited by yolixeya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is. And even if he doesn't know it - he is. I too am having fun haha 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, robbie.owen333 said:

This has been a debate for years.

People accuse bias against humans vs AI on Transfers

SI deny bias against humans vs AI on Transfers

 

To me, this has always been an issue.  And the OP has laid out some specific examples. 

  • If a club is accepting £47m from an AI club, and asking for over £130m from a human club, there is an issue - regardless of if he praised the guy in the media.
  • He also got a £20m bid rejected for a player, who was sold days later for £2.5m

I think there is a huge transfer bias against human managers - but I have absolutely no proof and if SI say otherwise, who am I to to argue

Thank you my good friend ,it happens everytime in transfers on mine ,but as you quite rightly say if SI say otherwise who are we to argue ,after all they are never going to come out an admit it 

 

 

4 hours ago, Danielfc said:

He is. And even if he doesn't know it - he is. I too am having fun haha 

Well you carry on having your fun 😁 proper football is back on betfair ,so its the geeks toy for me from now on , steam is uninstalled ,FM is uninstalled ,SI wont get another £40 out of me no more so happy days 😁

 

7 hours ago, yolixeya said:

Transfer system isn't perfect and nobody is claiming that. I too had a similiar cases especially when I was lower reputation club where the player or the club chose less luacrative offer. But is i not that common and you can use transfer market to your advantage. Human managers have far more advantages in the game then AI. 

I don't have a problem in someone pointing out some flaws in the game in constructive manner but this Bielsa guy is just venting and overreacting in every thread. He claims also that AI has advantages in terms od tactics and conversion rates without a proof and when we don't agree with him he calls us SI staff fake accounts. If he is so frustrated then why does he even play it? I hope he is just a troll and having some fun.

 

Transfer system is 2 different values,always has been ,same as wages ,you cant say not you have no proof  i cant say they is as i dont have proof,But if SI say they isnt then its all good 

 

16 hours ago, Danielfc said:

Anyway, can I have a link to these 299 people complaining? That would be interesting. You do like to pluck your numbers from your bottom. Wait till a player refuses my 50k and signs for 10? Well, according to your southern wisdom that should already have happened by now. Especially since I've been playing since the nineties. But guess what? I still keep playing. Guess what? You do too haha. God I can only imagine what this Leeds forum is like. Take a chill pill lad. 

Its middle aged men all playing FM in lockdown ,and trying to work out the SI pound exchange rate for yorkshire 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/04/2020 at 23:10, robbie.owen333 said:

This has been a debate for years.

People accuse bias against humans vs AI on Transfers

SI deny bias against humans vs AI on Transfers

 

To me, this has always been an issue.  And the OP has laid out some specific examples. 

  • If a club is accepting £47m from an AI club, and asking for over £130m from a human club, there is an issue - regardless of if he praised the guy in the media.
  • He also got a £20m bid rejected for a player, who was sold days later for £2.5m

I think there is a huge transfer bias against human managers - but I have absolutely no proof and if SI say otherwise, who am I to to argue

To your first point, I don't think this is an issue. I'm pretty sure that Leeds are being considered direct rivals to City in the save based on the in game achievements of the player to that point. On my Ajax save, I tried to buy Calvin Stengs from AZ and was quoted £69m but Dortmund bid and bought him for £28.5m. The reason for this is because we're rival clubs and AZ don't want to strengthen us while weakening themselves. Makes sense to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/04/2020 at 18:50, Bielsa1975 said:

no i did that ,by saving my game just before important games ,then reload ,you know thats how alot of us win ,if i got a top of the table clash on the saturday i will save the game on the monday ,you know just incase my key players get a few training ground knocks 🤔

FM 16 i needed a point last game of season to make the play offs i had won 8 on the trot ( then saved game before last 1 ) i was playing walsall already relegated they had won 2 in last 15 ,do you know what every result was from the reload i kept getting beat 1-0 /2-1 despite playing them off the park after the 10th reload do you know what i did ?

If you do that for games you lose then just save before youth intake day and then keep reloading until you get a good one.

If you're going to cheat by save-scumming anyway you might aswell go all the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/04/2020 at 08:51, yolixeya said:

Transfer system isn't perfect and nobody is claiming that. I too had a similiar cases especially when I was lower reputation club where the player or the club chose less luacrative offer. But is i not that common and you can use transfer market to your advantage. Human managers have far more advantages in the game then AI. 

I don't have a problem in someone pointing out some flaws in the game in constructive manner but this Bielsa guy is just venting and overreacting in every thread. He claims also that AI has advantages in terms od tactics and conversion rates without a proof and when we don't agree with him he calls us SI staff fake accounts. If he is so frustrated then why does he even play it? I hope he is just a troll and having some fun.

 

I think you are being very kind to the transfer system. It is shocking and has been for a long time. If you have a save 5+ years in then have a look around and you will see there are more problems than you realise. It is most evident at the top clubs who spend big transfer fees on players they don't need or then play, stockpile for seemingly no reason, won't sell players aged 21/22 that are clearly never going to play for them before eventually selling him aged 24 for peanuts and they prefer to spend £100m on a player than give a chance to the odd really bright talent they do have. 

 

We talk about the game having an AI but when it comes to transfers, developing players and running a club with a bit of common sense, there is very little sign of any intelligence at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/04/2020 at 09:55, Things Could Get Messi said:

I think you are being very kind to the transfer system. It is shocking and has been for a long time. If you have a save 5+ years in then have a look around and you will see there are more problems than you realise. It is most evident at the top clubs who spend big transfer fees on players they don't need or then play, stockpile for seemingly no reason, won't sell players aged 21/22 that are clearly never going to play for them before eventually selling him aged 24 for peanuts and they prefer to spend £100m on a player than give a chance to the odd really bright talent they do have. 

 

We talk about the game having an AI but when it comes to transfers, developing players and running a club with a bit of common sense, there is very little sign of any intelligence at all. 

That is not a transfer system issue, it is AI issue and like I said many times before, AI doesn't really exist.  All games suffer from it in one way or another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...