Mark Specific Player at ALL COSTS?

When I set any player to mark a specific player in a game, does anyone else see that they lose all common sense and will do everything to stay near that player?

I'm talking run away from the guy with the ball in order to find the man they are marking.

On an opposition counter attack from my corner, the two players left back on halfway line ran past the countering players in order to get to the men they are marking in the box. I'm assuming with this feature there's no option to turn on common sense?

I want players to keep an eye and specifically mark opponents during open play build up, but not at any cost at any point in the game!

I only use mark specific players in situations where the opposition push their full backs really high and my wingers are unable to properly track their runs. I feel that there are probably only a few scenario where mark specific player instruction make sense

This post is so funny to me because I literally posted about the same thing two months earlier because I honestly can't understand how the thousands of people who come to this site could play the game and not find this man marking at all costs super annoying. I honestly don't know how anyone who plays the game with regularity would not find it weird the way it works currently.  I guess people just decide that they are just going to adapt by just not using the instruction at all. But if you have to tell your players to play differently than what you actually want, what is the point of playing FM? The more logical response in my mind would be...why not just shut the man marking off in the transition phase that immediately follows the set pieces? As OP said, seems like a pretty obvious thing to do. I mean, there have got to people out there who want 1-on-1 marking in the midfield, I surely can't be the only one who uses man-marking instructions.

18 hours ago, tommysingh said:

When I set any player to mark a specific player in a game, does anyone else see that they lose all common sense and will do everything to stay near that player?

I'm talking run away from the guy with the ball in order to find the man they are marking.

On an opposition counter attack from my corner, the two players left back on halfway line ran past the countering players in order to get to the men they are marking in the box. I'm assuming with this feature there's no option to turn on common sense?

I want players to keep an eye and specifically mark opponents during open play build up, but not at any cost at any point in the game!

might be worth posting it in the bugs forum to see what's SI response is about this as I have never encountered a scenario this extreme before it really doesn't make sense