Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Stouters

Club World Cup

Can anyone tell me how to qualify for the Club World Cup? I won the Europa League with Glentoran in 2030 and haven't heard anything about it. I checked out the previous winners Chelsea and noticed they played a month later in the CWC. We get the Super Cup news, but that's it. 

Thanks. Didn't even realise that happened in the game. Something to look forward to.

It won't be running on the dates given in RL though because we will have the Euros in June and July 2021 now

9 hours ago, Scotcher1985 said:

It won't be running on the dates given in RL though because we will have the Euros in June and July 2021 now

Yeah, there will be changes to that in the next version, but who knows what the football for the next seasons looks like now, anyway?

I thought the Club World Cup reformat wasn't set in stone yet. Fairly sure i remember hearing that a number of European clubs weren't interested due to fixture congestion.

2 hours ago, Ultras500 said:

I thought the Club World Cup reformat wasn't set in stone yet. Fairly sure i remember hearing that a number of European clubs weren't interested due to fixture congestion.

I thought they announced the changes THEN the top clubs made a fuss so it was being rethought, So while it may yet change it was 'official' 

1 minute ago, cris182 said:

I thought they announced the changes THEN the top clubs made a fuss so it was being rethought, So while it may yet change it was 'official' 

Yeah sorry that's what I meant.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47586593

https://www.ft.com/content/961964a0-5c99-11ea-b0ab-339c2307bcd4

Be interesting to see what happens as reading up there is quite a bit of opposition from various governing bodies.