Determination Levels

Hi guys, firstly apologies if this question has been asked, I couldn’t see anything in relation to this so far.

I am wondering how everyone manages the determination stats and levels weighing squads and youth players. 

Initially, I had set up mentoring groups in training and assigned the leadership to high determination stat players. I didn’t have much success with this so I disbanded the groups and now still have issues with players stats going down all red arrows etc.

Does anyone have a guide to using mentoring correctly?

Further to that, can anyone help with players having full page of red arrows on stats, what leads to this (I’m assuming happiness levels etc?) how can this be remedied or prevented? 

Cheers for any advice!

20 hours ago, HeartOfMidlothian said:

Hi guys, firstly apologies if this question has been asked, I couldn’t see anything in relation to this so far.

I am wondering how everyone manages the determination stats and levels weighing squads and youth players. 

Initially, I had set up mentoring groups in training and assigned the leadership to high determination stat players. I didn’t have much success with this so I disbanded the groups and now still have issues with players stats going down all red arrows etc.

Does anyone have a guide to using mentoring correctly?

Further to that, can anyone help with players having full page of red arrows on stats, what leads to this (I’m assuming happiness levels etc?) how can this be remedied or prevented? 

Cheers for any advice!

Even though the old tutoring system made things a lot easier, the mentoring system in FM20 is much more realistic IMO.

Determination alone won't give you the wanted effects in mentoring.

Before I put together my mentoring groups, I check out the following things:

1. Hierarchy - at what level of the hierarchy are the players that I want in a mentoring group? If an established first team player with 20 in Determination is at the same level in the hierarchy as two younger players - you might not get a big effect on the younger players. It might actually hurt the established player's Determination over time.

2. Social groups - do the players that I want in a mentoring group get along? Or are they in completely different groups?

3. Age & first team appearances troughout their career - It's usually easier to see positive effects of mentoring on a younger player, than an older established player. If a young player has many first team appearances (80+ for example) you might find it difficult to see improvement.

Lastly, I would recommend you to check out @Rashidi's excellent Training and Mentoring Guide! It covers everything that you need to know on those subjects :)