Sports Interactive Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PhroX

Contradictory PPMs & Player Instructions

Just a little somthing I'm wondering about while sitting at work. What happens when a player has a PPM and instructions that seemingly contradict each other? For example, if I have a player with the "Gets forward whenever possible" PPM, and I tell him to do FWRs rarely and give him a low mentality? Or perhaps someone with "Plays short simple passes" gets their passing slider set to direct?

Does one override the other? Or will the player mix it up? Or will he just suffer a mental breakdown and do nothing? :p

I'm playing around with some tactical ideas in my head, and some of them involve situations like this. I know I can untrain the PPMs, but I'm curious what will happen until I do so.

I'm pretty sure that individual instructions override team instructions, if that's what you mean?

I'm pretty sure that individual instructions override team instructions, if that's what you mean?

Nope, it's not :p

What I'm curious about is whether PPMs (preferred moves) override instructions or vice-versa.

PPM's can override instructions but if you have a defender who has a "Gets Forward Often" PPM such as Gallas, they will go on some forward runs but if you set their mentality to defensive, they will obey the team instructions rather than PPM most of the time.

I would say.....If you have a player with 'gets forward often' as his preferred move, setting his forward runs to rarely would nulify his threat against the AI and limit your teams capabilities, or true potential.

You'll notice it mentioned in the Assistant Managers Feedback.