Need some help, Me vs Big teams...

Hi, I need some advice on the next thing. I use 2 tactics which are almost the same, only i have one tweaked for against big teams but it is not effective at all. I will add them here. 

My first tactic is fine (set up with help from people here, thanks), only sometimes it is hard to get that goal against teams who play deep defensive. But overall it is good. But the problem occurs against big teams, the first tactic is dangerous to play them so 
I have a second one. I was asking myself, what is effective to fight those big teams. And im a big team also, so dont want a defensive set up just a a bit compacter and being more killing upfront. 

Is decrease the mentality to cautious a good idea? But wouldnt that make me more static? 
Unticking counterpress would be good right as big teams could easy play it out the press right? 
Unticking prevent short GK?
And LoE 1 to standard to make it a bit compact. 

But as i said it is not really effective. And i was wondering, could i just keep the mentality on postive with this set up for the second tactic, to keep the flexibility in the tactic...?

Would appreciate some advice on this, to get a stronger second tactic against big teams. THanks.

RM positive.png

RM cautious.png

I use a 4-1-4-1 DM formation and a vertical tiki taka setup; I have more instructions on my tactic than yours but they are somewhat similar in their conception. What I would recommend is setting the mentality to attacking in your first tactic that you use against inferior sides, and positive in the second one for the bigger matches. 

If you are going to use a higher defensive line and get stuck in like you want to in your second tactic against big sides, you might as well be more proactive instead of doing an approach where you push up and press but are also cautious, which is a slight contradiction. You might as well not be cautious, even against better sides. What you can do is counter press in your second tactic instead of simply falling back into position when you lose the ball, and this way you will deny your opponents time and space once they win the ball back. Play an offside trap if you're pushing high up the pitch, and this will minimize the effectiveness of them playing balls over top of you and beating the press. Or, if you want to implement a slight element of caution whilst using a positive mentality, you could also use a standard defensive line instead of a high one so you're less likely to get beaten by balls over the top, or look to defend narrower when you dont have the ball to limit the spaces for your opponent. I would consider implementing some of these instructions as you see fit. 

Essentially, I would just be more aggressive, especially with the players you'll have at Real Madrid. 

12 hours ago, f.zaarour said:

RM positive.png

RM cautious.png

The difference between these 2 tactics is too big. The mentality change alone - from Positive to cautious - is already needlessly too big, not to mention other changes/tweaks.

When you have a main (primary) tactic that works well for you against most opponents, then the other one (against strong teams) should be only slightly different. Especially when your team itself is also considered a big (top) team.

17 hours ago, Mr.FourOneFourOne said:

I use a 4-1-4-1 DM formation and a vertical tiki taka setup; I have more instructions on my tactic than yours but they are somewhat similar in their conception. What I would recommend is setting the mentality to attacking in your first tactic that you use against inferior sides, and positive in the second one for the bigger matches. 

If you are going to use a higher defensive line and get stuck in like you want to in your second tactic against big sides, you might as well be more proactive instead of doing an approach where you push up and press but are also cautious, which is a slight contradiction. You might as well not be cautious, even against better sides. What you can do is counter press in your second tactic instead of simply falling back into position when you lose the ball, and this way you will deny your opponents time and space once they win the ball back. Play an offside trap if you're pushing high up the pitch, and this will minimize the effectiveness of them playing balls over top of you and beating the press. Or, if you want to implement a slight element of caution whilst using a positive mentality, you could also use a standard defensive line instead of a high one so you're less likely to get beaten by balls over the top, or look to defend narrower when you dont have the ball to limit the spaces for your opponent. I would consider implementing some of these instructions as you see fit. 

Essentially, I would just be more aggressive, especially with the players you'll have at Real Madrid. 

Thanks, so being more agressive would be a better approach (but also for the away games...?), instead of dropping back with a cautious mentality. I will take some of your notes, as i think it might be helpfull indeed. 

I will also try attacking in my first tactic, but an another question if i might,

- if im like 2-0 up and want abit more control, do i decrease mentality to positive or even balanced or do i tweak like LoE, less pressing etc.?

- And for the second tactic would it help to give the DM spot a def duty instead of support?

- And with being more agressive, do i up the pressing intensity (I have a split block btw, 3 upfront players)...? 

Edited by f.zaarour

2 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

The difference between these 2 tactics is too big. The mentality change alone - from Positive to cautious - is already needlessly too big, not to mention other changes/tweaks.

When you have a main (primary) tactic that works well for you against most opponents, then the other one (against strong teams) should be only slightly different. Especially when your team itself is also considered a big (top) team.

I thought of having a lower mentality is to be less risky but keep playing high on the pitch. But is a low mentality not neccesary for good teams i guess or? And what i noticed on the cautious mentality my team went being kinda static to attack, which
made me ineffective upfront. 

So making just small changes from the first one, is that like drop the LoE down to be more compact or as @Mr.FourOneFourOne said be more agressive, like increase pressing etc.

Anyway what would you suggest for my second tactic to be more solid against big teams, but keep my effectiveness in attack?

1 hour ago, f.zaarour said:

But is a low mentality not neccesary for good teams i guess or?

A low mentality alone does not improve your defensive solidity. Because defensive solidity is primarily about  good compactness (i.e. the distance between DL and LOE) and a balanced setup of roles and duties, not the mentality. It does not mean that the mentality has no impact at all on your defensive performance though. It does have some impact, but in a different sense. And that impact is not necessarily a positive one.

1 hour ago, f.zaarour said:

And what i noticed on the cautious mentality my team went being kinda static to attack, which
made me ineffective upfront

Of course. It's because a lower mentality means slower attacking transitions (with all else being equal). It also means a more passive manner of defending compared to higher mentalities (again with all else being equal).

Therefore, if you only lower your team mentality without making any other adjustments to offset the change of mentality, not only that you will not get better defensive solidity, but that will also make your attacking play slower and potentially less effective. 

2 hours ago, f.zaarour said:

Anyway what would you suggest for my second tactic to be more solid against big teams, but keep my effectiveness in attack?

- Positive mentality instead of cautious (because your primary tactic uses the positive mentality)

- remove the get stuck in team instruction (because you play on a higher D-line, so aggressive tackling can be risky against technically skillful and fast opposition forwards)

- change the AMR into a winger on support duty (instead of attack) in order to get better defensive balance on the right flank

- change the DM's duty from support into defend (to make him more focused on protecting the back-line)

And that's it. If your primary tactic really works so well as you say, then other tweaks most probably won't be necessary. You may only occasionally need a couple of in-match tweaks, but that's another story. 

56 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

- Positive mentality instead of cautious (because your primary tactic uses the positive mentality)

- remove the get stuck in team instruction (because you play on a higher D-line, so aggressive tackling can be risky against technically skillful and fast opposition forwards)

- change the AMR into a winger on support duty (instead of attack) in order to get better defensive balance on the right flank

- change the DM's duty from support into defend (to make him more focused on protecting the back-line)

And that's it. If your primary tactic really works so well as you say, then other tweaks most probably won't be necessary. You may only occasionally need a couple of in-match tweaks, but that's another story. 

Thank you. Well the first one is fine, just in away games a bit harder sometimes but its oke. And I feel that playing on high lines, DF and LoE in away games is much more dangerous then home games. 

I will try it out. Also that get stuck in, now you advice to remove it and also why, i see that it brought me trouble many times, I just didn't notice it, that its because of that i think. 

But I see that being more defensive isnt in first place about lowering mentality (it really confuses me all the time). And so you could say to have a balance in the tactic, you could go low mentality and a lot more of attacking duties on players
or high mentality and more support (and def.) duties right? 

Added* , I tried the tweaks in an away game against Levante, didnt go well. Did several rematches just to test the changes. In the last game dropped the LoE to standard which looked to be better and also won that game 1-3. Could that
be a positive add to the other tweaks, espec. for away games? But i was also wondering, how does this change goes together with the tweak prevent short GK. Will the attackers stay high up and drop back after the GK makes a decision with his goalkick or? 

Edited by f.zaarour

36 minutes ago, f.zaarour said:

so you could say to have a balance in the tactic, you could go low mentality and a lot more of attacking duties on players
or high mentality and more support (and def.) duties right?

Theoretically, but not necessarily. Because the distribution of duties within the system is equally important (if not even more) than the mere number of them. 

I was champion of the danish 3rd division with the worst side in the league. Playing a more offensive tactic than your main one... You're Real Madrid for feck sake. Have one main system and then do small adjustments when needed.

More importantly, fix the main tactic, I don't think it's very balanced. Why FB's instead of WB or CWB? I'm not sure but maybe your full backs can dribble and be a threat upfront? Is Valverde a runner? (i have no idea) Is Hazard best used as a IW-S? he will cut inside and look for Vinicius who will in turn, look to dribble wide. How's Vinicius crossing? Who will he cross to? just Benzema who's playing at DLF.

Honestly I'd look to make that main tactic more potent and more adjusted to the players.

5 hours ago, f.zaarour said:

I will also try attacking in my first tactic, but an another question if i might,

- if im like 2-0 up and want abit more control, do i decrease mentality to positive or even balanced or do i tweak like LoE, less pressing etc.?

- And for the second tactic would it help to give the DM spot a def duty instead of support?

- And with being more agressive, do i up the pressing intensity (I have a split block btw, 3 upfront players)...? 

-When I'm on attacking mentality and I go 2-0 up, particularly if it's against a good side, I will often switch to positive. I never go less than positive, because I want my team to continue pressing the opponents enough to win the ball so we can keep possession of it. I view that as the best form of defence, simply keeping the ball. One thing I will sometimes do in addition to switching to a positive mentality is to drop my high line to a standard line, so that there isn't quite as much space in behind my backline for the opposition to exploit.

-I also tend to play with my DM on the defensive duty, but that's because I have wingbacks who I tell to push high up so I want the DM to be able to drop back and cover. You may want to consider putting your DM on the defensive duty, yes.

-Yes, naturally you should up the pressing intensity when you want to be more aggressive.

4 hours ago, KyleHyde said:

I was champion of the danish 3rd division with the worst side in the league. Playing a more offensive tactic than your main one... You're Real Madrid for feck sake. Have one main system and then do small adjustments when needed.

More importantly, fix the main tactic, I don't think it's very balanced. Why FB's instead of WB or CWB? I'm not sure but maybe your full backs can dribble and be a threat upfront? Is Valverde a runner? (i have no idea) Is Hazard best used as a IW-S? he will cut inside and look for Vinicius who will in turn, look to dribble wide. How's Vinicius crossing? Who will he cross to? just Benzema who's playing at DLF.

Honestly I'd look to make that main tactic more potent and more adjusted to the players.

Hehe true. Have to say, your comment about why not using a WB is a good one. I changed the FB left to WB (at), player Mendy mostly and he was doing much better. The difference is there immediatly. Its annoying that im not familiar with what each role exactly does but have to say that is a good point u made. Mendy is now being more agressive in attack, stretching the opponents defens, trying to win dribbles and crossing more. Way better and a good input for my attack now. In the last games, he assists, scored also. I will keep him on WB(at) and other side just on FB then for now.

Vini is doing great job too, just Benzema abit inconsistent. But im sure that when i get Haaland he will do better. What would you suggest for Benzema by the way? 

Edited by f.zaarour

3 hours ago, Mr.FourOneFourOne said:

-When I'm on attacking mentality and I go 2-0 up, particularly if it's against a good side, I will often switch to positive. I never go less than positive, because I want my team to continue pressing the opponents enough to win the ball so we can keep possession of it. I view that as the best form of defence, simply keeping the ball. One thing I will sometimes do in addition to switching to a positive mentality is to drop my high line to a standard line, so that there isn't quite as much space in behind my backline for the opposition to exploit.

-I also tend to play with my DM on the defensive duty, but that's because I have wingbacks who I tell to push high up so I want the DM to be able to drop back and cover. You may want to consider putting your DM on the defensive duty, yes.

-Yes, naturally you should up the pressing intensity when you want to be more aggressive.

Now using WB on the left i have the DM on Defensive and yeah its good. Also the WB left is much better for me then FB i think, as he is doing more damage in opponents defens. I just have to see how it goes in those difficult away games but im confident that the WB will have a positive impact on those games. 

I have a split block and kept the pressing on standard, and by the way i won a match against Psg with 3-1 so that was very nice. What also was important i kept the tactic the same in that Psg game untill the end. Normally i would think ok im 3-0 up, lets go lower mentality to keep more compactness and dont let them score etc. but i see that it could be a risky approach as i would be quite sure, they would come in easy and get the goals they needed. 

Anyway what is important, is that i kinda see what the basics are now and if you want a more compacter tactic you just need to tweak a little bit. Also the mentality could confuse me sometimes in this situations before. I really feel that I still need to learn how the new tactic tweaks etc. exactly works. My last FM was the old style one, i think FM18 with the retain possesion button lol.  

Edited by f.zaarour

9 hours ago, f.zaarour said:

Hehe true. Have to say, your comment about why not using a WB is a good one. I changed the FB left to WB (at), player Mendy mostly and he was doing much better. The difference is there immediatly. Its annoying that im not familiar with what each role exactly does but have to say that is a good point u made. Mendy is now being more agressive in attack, stretching the opponents defens, trying to win dribbles and crossing more. Way better and a good input for my attack now. In the last games, he assists, scored also. I will keep him on WB(at) and other side just on FB then for now.

Vini is doing great job too, just Benzema abit inconsistent. But im sure that when i get Haaland he will do better. What would you suggest for Benzema by the way? 

DLF-A seems good but you'll need to pay attention in games. Maybe sometimes it's better he drops further away from the CB's so you try him on support. Or sometimes it's better he doesn't drift into the channels and leaves all that space to the wide forwards or a mezzala, in this case you'd use a role that stays more in the center. There's no single solution because there are many factors in consideration including opposition. Do small changes and see how the team behaves until you find something that works best! Optimally, you'll have a strong system which will require little tweaks between games but when you have to try something else, you will know what the options are.

Against the massive teams like city. I have been using the positive gegenpressing tactic created on this page below. You will need at least 13 pace centre backs though as it uses a higher D line. Ive used this against man city on three occasions and they did not score once. The tactic created maybe 5 CCC in three games against them. I was AZ Alkmaar second season with only signing almada.

4 hours ago, Irn Rvd said:

Against the massive teams like city. I have been using the positive gegenpressing tactic created on this page below. You will need at least 13 pace centre backs though as it uses a higher D line. Ive used this against man city on three occasions and they did not score once. The tactic created maybe 5 CCC in three games against them. I was AZ Alkmaar second season with only signing almada.

That is a nice achievement for sure, espec. with AZ Alkmaar, my hometown club hehe. I have read the thread and it is a nice one. I also think that on this FM's that gegenpressing is one of the best approach on the game to achieve great results.
If you also look at those exploit tactics, they all have extreme pressing playstyle for example. But I'd like to stick on a play style with short passing, and in that case i would go more to Pep's playstyle.
But im sure that a more agressive pressing approach would bring me better results. 

By the way, did you start a new save? Have a look at Stade Rennes or perhaps Lille in France, could be a nice challenge for you. 

56 minutes ago, f.zaarour said:

That is a nice achievement for sure, espec. with AZ Alkmaar, my hometown club hehe. I have read the thread and it is a nice one. I also think that on this FM's that gegenpressing is one of the best approach on the game to achieve great results.
If you also look at those exploit tactics, they all have extreme pressing playstyle for example. But I'd like to stick on a play style with short passing, and in that case i would go more to Pep's playstyle.
But im sure that a more agressive pressing approach would bring me better results. 

By the way, did you start a new save? Have a look at Stade Rennes or perhaps Lille in France, could be a nice challenge for you. 

Yeah for sure. I would love to be able to mastermind a pep-esc (man city pep) tactic but I don't think I understand it all enough lol. I usually start every save with the intention of playing that way, but I can never find the right balance. Either getting stung by a counter attack after dominating the game or just not creating enough chances. 

I usually use the positive version of that gegen tactic on hard away games, and i have a tweaked version that controls the game more against poor opposition but ive not tested it enough to know if its balanced enough yet.

AZ is your hometown club? thats amazing! My AZ save was my best save ive ever had. Absolute loved it. I was about to buy a real AZ shirt lol. With a few tweaks that team can become a real force. Not many teams have four ready made tutors for the wonderkids.

Rennes and Lille were on my shortlist for sure but I ended up starting with PSV. Thanks for your reccomends. I really enjoyed the dutch league. PSV's squad is terribly built unlike the AZ one but they have a way higher wage budget that almost put me off. Affelay only squad leader/captain with under 10 determination. Nearly stopped the save right there. Ive done my best to poach your players that I love (koopmeiners/wijndal/goudmijn) but the board are standing firm and wanting mega bucks. as they should!

At a moment that i was thinking ah im going quite well now and then this happens (see picture). I just cant understand something like this. So annoying. Using the same tactic where i won against Psg and still got smashed by this lame defensive valencia side. After that I draw home vs Getafe and then played again against Valencia for the Spanish super cup semi final. Guess what, i won 0-4. Im glad i did not change anything as i felt the tactic was just fine but its so weird. Then the final vs Atletico M. 0-3 up and they push up and score 3 goals easily. Luckily i made the 3-4. But how was that easy for them to score that easy. Is it my high lines and not pressing that enough (after they go more attacking) @Mr.FourOneFourOne @Experienced Defender ? I only have 3 upfront split block and pressing on standard (with positive mentality). Arghh. :rolleyes:

Oh and the 5-0, they scored like 3 or 4 out of set pieces. -_- 

Pff.png

Edited by f.zaarour

15 hours ago, f.zaarour said:

At a moment that i was thinking ah im going quite well now and then this happens (see picture). I just cant understand something like this. So annoying. Using the same tactic where i won against Psg and still got smashed by this lame defensive valencia side. After that I draw home vs Getafe and then played again against Valencia for the Spanish super cup semi final. Guess what, i won 0-4. Im glad i did not change anything as i felt the tactic was just fine but its so weird. Then the final vs Atletico M. 0-3 up and they push up and score 3 goals easily. Luckily i made the 3-4. But how was that easy for them to score that easy. Is it my high lines and not pressing that enough (after they go more attacking) @Mr.FourOneFourOne @Experienced Defender ? I only have 3 upfront split block and pressing on standard (with positive mentality). Arghh. :rolleyes:

Oh and the 5-0, they scored like 3 or 4 out of set pieces. -_- 

Pff.png

Post a screenshot of the specific tactic that you used in this particular match (against Valencia).

11 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

Post a screenshot of the specific tactic that you used in this particular match (against Valencia).

Just the same as the one i posted, but only Left FB was WB on attack. The DM on defensive and removed the Get stuck in. 

Is it that made use of the space i left out in the back that they had some luck here and there and made profit out of it? And if there is a difference it could be my using in the OP's where i used the ass.mans advice and in the second match i added some pressing on a few players on the flanks. 

By the way, is it a idea also to put the LoE on standard and untick Prevent short GK, to have more compactness and to evoke the opponent a bit more to come out?  

RM positive.png

Edited by f.zaarour

Just now, f.zaarour said:

RM positive.png

Just now, f.zaarour said:

Just the same as the one i posted, but only Left FB was WB on attack. The DM on defensive and removed the Get stuck in

Well, then it obviously is not the tactic from this screenshot. I asked specifically about the tactic you used against Valencia, so please post that tactic. Otherwise, I really won't be able to help with any useful advice.

3 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

Well, then it obviously is not the tactic from this screenshot. I asked specifically about the tactic you used against Valencia, so please post that tactic. Otherwise, I really won't be able to help with any useful advice.

Ah oke, my bad. One moment then... :) 

17 minutes ago, f.zaarour said:

Just the same as the one i posted, but only Left FB was WB on attack. The DM on defensive and removed the Get stuck in. 

Is it that made use of the space i left out in the back that they had some luck here and there and made profit out of it? And if there is a difference it could be my using in the OP's where i used the ass.mans advice and in the second match i added some pressing on a few players on the flanks. 

By the way, is it a idea also to put the LoE on standard and untick Prevent short GK, to have more compactness and to evoke the opponent a bit more to come out?  

RM positive.png

I think your suffering from the same issue of many tactics posted here, your being really vertical (DLF-At, W-At, CM-At, FB-At) plus defensively aggressive (Counter Press, Higher D-Line, Higher LOE, Prevent GK, Offside Trap).  You've also 

I don't think the DL being a FB-At or WB-At is the issue or DMC being DM-De or DM-Su.

You've added patience (Shorter Passing, Play Out Of Defence, WBIB) to your build up play, but then have 2 of the 3 attackers on attack duty wanting to run in behind (vertical attack).  Then the most offensive CM is also trying to make runs but the forwards already pushing the defence deep.  Thats assuming there defence was even able to push up before you got the ball off them due to your aggressive defensive instructions.

Two options:

1. If you want to be so vertical with high runners, create space for them by not pinning in opponents.  In this style the midfield should be more supportive than trying to make runs past the forwards.
  2. If want to be so aggressive defensively you need more varied movement from the forwards so you get more fluid combinations.

5 minutes ago, f.zaarour said:

vs val.png

6 minutes ago, f.zaarour said:

As valencia was playing very defensive i played them with my primary tactic in that game, and also again in that other game vs valencia

Well, you obviously did not follow the suggestions I gave you about playing against other big teams (regardless of how Valencia played). If I were to play (instead of you) against another big/strong/top team, the tactic would probably have looked like this:

DLFat

IFsu                                  Wsu

DLPsu     CMat

DMde

FBat     CDde   BPDde    FBsu

SKde/su

Seemingly just a minor difference, but essentially very significant. 

Now here is what my (starting) instructions in this kind of matches would look like (compared to yours):

Mentality - Positive

In possession - shorter passing and play out of defence (without work ball into box)

In transition - nothing (the counter may be added at some point during the match, but not the counter-press)

Out of possession - higher D-line, standard LOE and offside trap (without the Prevent short GKD)

And a "soft" split block with only 2 players - the striker and mezzala.

14 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

Well, you obviously did not follow the suggestions I gave you about playing against other big teams (regardless of how Valencia played). If I were to play (instead of you) against another big/strong/top team, the tactic would probably have looked like this:

DLFat

IFsu                                  Wsu

DLPsu     CMat

DMde

FBat     CDde   BPDde    FBsu

SKde/su

Seemingly just a minor difference, but essentially very significant. 

Now here is what my (starting) instructions in this kind of matches would look like (compared to yours):

Mentality - Positive

In possession - shorter passing and play out of defence (without work ball into box)

In transition - nothing (the counter may be added at some point during the match, but not the counter-press)

Out of possession - higher D-line, standard LOE and offside trap (without the Prevent short GKD)

And a "soft" split block with only 2 players - the striker and mezzala.

Well I did, just only used a WB instead of a FB. But thanks for the advice. I will take this for the next games. And is the use of a IFsu for the second tactic only or is it also better to use that role for the first one? 

And i guess you mean with using 2 players for the split block, the CMat right (instead of Mezz.)...? 

And i guess this will also help me to have the balance in the vertical and horizontal play in the tactic as @summatsupeer was suggesting to fix that issue in my tactic.

36 minutes ago, f.zaarour said:

I will take this for the next games

But please watch the match carefully, because you may need to make some small tweaks during the match. 

37 minutes ago, f.zaarour said:

And is the use of a IFsu for the second tactic only or is it also better to use that role for the first one?

You can use IW if you want. The main reason I opted for the IF is that you have the creative striker role (DLF) in front of him and a playmaker (DLP) behind him. 

40 minutes ago, f.zaarour said:

And i guess you mean with using 2 players for the split block, the CMat right (instead of Mezz.)...?

Yes, I meant CM on attack. Sorry.

I cant even win against Villareal away now, i did some rematching to test and stuff. This is so annoying, and im writing this with frustration but it is just weird. What is they key in this mess? Im again thinking of exploit tactics but i really dont want that but it is something what is weird. Those tactics are so fulll of extreme high pressing, all of them. Why is that? What can i do to make this easier for my side. Im ffs Real Madrid, and still its not easy to get the wins. I really dont get it. its really messing me up now! We can look into the tactic again and then what pff. Is my roles not in balance? Is the pressing not good? is it...? 

The home games are oke where it comes down to break through the opponents defens to get the needed goal(s), but i just dont understand why away games is so broke for me. :seagull:

By the way, is it not right that keeping the main tactic and the style of play the same but just switch the mentality only, like to balanced, to be abit compacter (where the DL and LoE lines drop abit) and less risky but so you keep your style of play and also the roles the same where the players are known with? 

Edited by f.zaarour

We are still on the same path sadly, it really doesnt make sense to me, at all. So i lost 1-2 to barca away, oke fair enough. I go home against Athletic Bilbao, won 4-0 oh nice good. Then i had a final CL match vs Barca again, and guess what...
i got smashed 6-1. Used the same tactic as the 4-0 win over Athletic, just unticked counterpress and used defens play narrow as barca scores a lot where the assists came from the centre of play. I received set piece goals maybe 4, since when does barca score that easy from set piece goals with all those small lads. Please someone tell me. I really am losing the enjoyment totally on the game. Im trying to solve it but the tactics in this ME are just like high level maths to me. Sadly. 

But i want to thank you all who wanted to help me with tips and advice, appreciate it. Im going to keep trying, just do rematches and go back into keep an eye to use players on their best roles etc. Wish me luck. 

Edited by f.zaarour