Sports Interactive Community

Posted (edited)

Hi, is there something known about players that are used out of position when using Instant Result button? For instance I am playing first season with Scunthorpe and my striker Van Veen is already used as AML, AMR and AMC, while there are very capable players in those positions and even on the bench. Why use him there?

Similar with an MC who is used as an DC sometimes. Obviously when the need is high I can see why an assistant needs to play someone out of position, but why not take a DR on the bench and put him as a DC. Why use an AMC?

After a while I see a most of my players who are getting the red dots on the little playing field in their profile, indicating they are playing all over the place. And sometimes a news item "Player X is still very awkward in his new position, but could still improve over time.". No kidding he's awkward, using a fragile skinny little MC playmaker as a DC against big strikers...

Edit: I do see now when this happened. After about all my players where up for a rest I gave them 2 weeks rest on training, all of them, so only playing matches during that period. That is the moment this has happened. Now they are back in training, everything is back to normal positions again. I will make screenshots later to make this clear. 

Edited by Norberto

Done, it is called Rob Nemoo - Scunthorpe. 

Easiest to see is when you look at players Adam Hammill, Ryan Colclough and Ben Liddle and then on the reports tab at the Form section. Ryan Colclough has 2 matches in that list where he played as a DR, even though against Swindon my normal DR Jordan Clarke also has DR listed as his position for that match. No wonder I had a bad stretch of matches. 

Anything done with this? I am seeing loads of players where the little pitch on their profile shows they have been playing in about all the positions there are. 

Might it be this also has to do with the reserves squad? I see players developing new positions while they are not training on it and not playing in the first squad.