Should injuries be able to trigger board negotiations?

I lost the title mainly due to getting my 6 best players injured (4 long term and 2 for 3 matches or so) with 10 games to go, all of them were match injuries due to tackles, I am the most fouled team in the PL but wasn´t expecting this and it could happen in real life. Imagine Liverpool losing Salah, Van Dijk, Mané, Firmino and 2 others all at once . I have different expectations than the board though, my main goal is always to reach the CL which I did comfortably ... the title is important but not something I lose sleep over.

I also think that´s why Mourinho has been spared even more harsh criticism, due to Kane and Son being injured, without them Tottenham never really got going and many Spurs supporters understood this.

Should you be able to approach the board and state a desire to reassess ambitions due to the unfortunate event of losing too many vital players at once?

I mentioned Spurs but I actually don´t know how this works in real life, how many clubs take into account that they have too many injuries and adjust accordingly.

I suspect that expectations wouldn't change in real life but maybe the board would be a little more tolerant for not reaching the expectations.  Imagine having to code whether an injury was serious enough to affect expectations or what number would have to taken into account?  I think that the board would say that you, as the manager, should have a good enough squad to cover for all eventualities and that they wouldn't want to downgrade their demands at all.

Also, the question would also be; is the injuries down to poor squad management (ie playing players more than they should), or simply luck? Because you as a manager can influence injuries, and if the reason for all the injuries are your poor management, then why would the board reduce their demands? 

As @FrazT writes, seems like a pain to code it to work properly.

I agree with @XaW, the management is a very important parameter. I consider here that you have a good medical staff, if you play the first role in the league you should have the best staff unless it is your first year and you have PSG in your league. 
If you have a decent staff (medical and physical), and you still have a lot of injury: either all these players are prone to injuries and you did not pay attention to give them more rest than to other players, or you have "normal" players (i.e., not particularly prone to injuries) and you overplayed them. From experience, I can tell you that when my team is a little bit short on the bench in terms of quality and quantity, I tend to have injuries in critical time. 

In conclusion, if you expect the game to be coded in a way that the board would be more conciliatory with you, this is not the right way of thinking. Improve your management, injury happens but you can reduce it. At least you have a challenge for next season: bring the title home (again?), and reduce your injuries. For sure, the one doesn't go without the other. 

Good luck!

9 hours ago, KrKAlex said:

I agree with @XaW, the management is a very important parameter. I consider here that you have a good medical staff, if you play the first role in the league you should have the best staff unless it is your first year and you have PSG in your league. 
If you have a decent staff (medical and physical), and you still have a lot of injury: either all these players are prone to injuries and you did not pay attention to give them more rest than to other players, or you have "normal" players (i.e., not particularly prone to injuries) and you overplayed them. From experience, I can tell you that when my team is a little bit short on the bench in terms of quality and quantity, I tend to have injuries in critical time. 

In conclusion, if you expect the game to be coded in a way that the board would be more conciliatory with you, this is not the right way of thinking. Improve your management, injury happens but you can reduce it. At least you have a challenge for next season: bring the title home (again?), and reduce your injuries. For sure, the one doesn't go without the other. 

Good luck!

How can I prevent the opposing players from breaking my players legs? ... The long term injuries were all due to harsh tackles, I basically lost my 4 wingers ... 3 of them were red card offenses. I did find out this season I can use strikers as wingers and that has helped me a lot.

In most of my games I do see the opposing team losing their temper and getting angry because I have the ball most of the time, the amount of yellow cards given to the opposing players is also insane, as I wrote in my OP, I am by far the most fouled team as I dominate most games and I do get lots of match injuries, mostly short term though, in 10 premier league seasons I had nothing like the above happening to me. If I had Messi in my team he would never play, I face lots of Joey Bartons every week.

Hmm, ok I see. 

Two things: first, this is very unlucky for you to get 4 of your best players injured due to harsh tackles. Second, when you have the ball and you are a good team, you are most likely to be one of the most fouled team. This verifies also IRL. PSG is the most fouled team in Ligue 1, I did not check but Man City, Bayern Munich, Liverpool, Juve are all getting fouled a lot.

I maintain my points of my previous answer: this is most likely due to playing time management and/or staff. So keep up the good work, this one just a one timer, you will get back to the top :)

13 minutes ago, KrKAlex said:

Hmm, ok I see. 

Two things: first, this is very unlucky for you to get 4 of your best players injured due to harsh tackles. Second, when you have the ball and you are a good team, you are most likely to be one of the most fouled team. This verifies also IRL. PSG is the most fouled team in Ligue 1, I did not check but Man City, Bayern Munich, Liverpool, Juve are all getting fouled a lot.

I maintain my points of my previous answer: this is most likely due to playing time management and/or staff. So keep up the good work, this one just a one timer, you will get back to the top :)

Squad depth is a problem though which I can´t solve. I am receiving far less sponsor income than the other teams, 260 million for Arsenal and 55 million for me .... but since my board expects me to win everything every year I basically need a very good side which the CL pays for, no money left for transfers, things are basically at a 0 every year now, I can pay my expenses and that´s it. I am the number one team in Europe and I can´t even loan an elite striker to Barcelona as an important player, my players have no intention of going there.

I can´t sell anyone as they all love being at the club and don´t want to go anywhere, I dared to offer a star player who is never used to other clubs and the whole team cried. They very much love each other. I can actually understand this, if you think of the United team that won the treble ... I am basically trying to sell Paul Scholes ... except that everyone in my team is a Paul Scholes.

I have two star players who I dared to play less than usual, they came to me and complained ... what I was hoping. However when I told them that it was time for them to move on : I am sorry brought it up, I won´t mention it again. <--- they said.

Selling players in 2042 is difficult, all 31+ aged players get released on a free by most teams ... no one wants them due to wage demands and selling them is impossible. 

So, I have a relatively small squad of very happy players who all love each other and refuse to go anywhere ... but I am making no profit. For  the last 6 seasons or so I have entirely relied on buying the right youngsters hoping one or two would make it. I have felt very tempted to cheat at times and hand myself the sponsor money I thought would be reasonable as I am "the team to beat" for everyone else ... havn´t done it yet though.  If I was getting on average what the 4 teams below me are getting I would have made a billion extra, that´s a lot of money.

Sorry for all the rambling, the quarantine has gotten to me I think.

Haha no problem. But if you are at this point, just post a screenshot fo your palmares, but it looks decent. So maybe you have just "finished", if one can say, the game. It might be time to start a new challenge. Right, this is not the subject of the post, but this is what I understand from your answer.

I have never been that far in Football Manager as I run 2 challenges at a time per year: one with my hometown's club, Olympique Lyonnais where I become the best team in Europe fairly easily with my youngsters which I aim for; and a second one in Norway trying to get them on the top of Europe. This is more or less the same end, even though it takes more time with the Norwegian save. Hence, I might not be the best person to help you as I am not coping with your issues.