Hey everyone,

This is probably more a steam issue, but would like to check if this has happened to anyone before, and if so, were they able to fix it.

Almost completed a season in the last four days with AZ Alkmaar. Must have saved over 50 times, as well as having the autosave every two weeks function active. I save to the cloud. My power just went out randomly today in the middle of a match and now my save files are gone. Its somehow kept some of the saved files from the start of the season, so i have lost all of our work. I not sure how this is even possible as i was in the middle of a match, and had only saved two matches ago. How can a cloud save just disappear? I expected to maybe loose todays progress in the save, but my computer has been turned off several times in the last four days and I was able to load my save back up instantly.

Im clutching at straws here but this is my last resort. I have tried going to to the steam cloud web page and its the same issue, just completely disappeared. 

I was 2nd season into my AZ save. Only signing made was Almada.
Four games left in the season, was first by six points. was about to play ajax last game of the season with the title possibly on the line. was oncourse for most points in a eridivise season.
Was in champions league group of death. Manage to beat city 1 nill at the etihad. Beat Juventus at their home turf winning 4-3 (ronaldo bagged a hattrick). Quarter final of the champions league against city. 0-0 away. was in the middle of the second leg at home when crashed.
board just bought the stadium.
signed Jude Bellingham on a free transfer in the summer.
Lots of exciting stuff was happening but looks like its over. I won't be able to bring myself to play the game again and im never doing this season again lol.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We appreciate that you are frustrated but please stick to your own thread and not add comments to other threads as that makes it very difficult for the SI staff to keep trace of the open threads.

13 hours ago, FrazT said:

We appreciate that you are frustrated but please stick to your own thread and not add comments to other threads as that makes it very difficult for the SI staff to keep trace of the open threads.

Ok sorry. It seems that my post may have been overlooked. Should I delete this one and create a shorter post with less detail?

Also, all the other posts about the same issue, that have comments, seem to get a response from SI staff. So it seems that people explaining their issue on the same posts managed to get enough traction to get a response. My post had no comments and gets overlooked. Ah well, I am sure there is a process and i wil just have to be patient.

We understand there was a downtime on the Steam server over the weekend, which may explain the reason for this issue, but it could also be the fact that it was caused by your PC turn itself off in the middle of the match.

As a test, can I ask you to try if the cloud save works okay now?

3 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

We understand there was a downtime on the Steam server over the weekend, which may explain the reason for this issue, but it could also be the fact that it was caused by your PC turn itself off in the middle of the match.

As a test, can I ask you to try if the cloud save works okay now?

Yeah it seems like something happened on the steam server. 

The PC did turn off, but I started the PC up and loaded the save maybe an hour or two before that day, so you would expect the save still to be there. Maybe it corrupted it or something.

Cloud save does seem to be working fine on a different save.

Hi, I had a similar issue today but my PC didn't turn off. I finshed playing around 4pm GMT 31 March 2020, but my game says my last save was 2 days ago. I played my save for a few hours today, I have 2 week rolling auto save on which activated multiple times while I was playing and I manually saved many times too. However after loading the game up again it says my recent save was 2 days ago, therefore losing over 3 months in game. I received no error messages when saving so I had no reason to believe the game had not saved. I have my saves set to go to the cloud so there is no hardware issue on my end. What could have happened? I have checked steamlabs and that also says my last save was 2 days ago. 

12 hours ago, Hitman_Hartles91 said:

Hi, I had a similar issue today but my PC didn't turn off. I finshed playing around 4pm GMT 31 March 2020, but my game says my last save was 2 days ago. I played my save for a few hours today, I have 2 week rolling auto save on which activated multiple times while I was playing and I manually saved many times too. However after loading the game up again it says my recent save was 2 days ago, therefore losing over 3 months in game. I received no error messages when saving so I had no reason to believe the game had not saved. I have my saves set to go to the cloud so there is no hardware issue on my end. What could have happened? I have checked steamlabs and that also says my last save was 2 days ago. 

Please open your own thread for help with this

The files themselves are also saved locally by default here -  C:\Users\YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\cloud\games

Can you check that location for the saves please, we suspect it should still be showing there.

To find that location you'll need to turn on hidden files/folders - instructions for that are below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4028316/windows-view-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-10

Thanks for your help.

I cannot see the saves in that location. I can just make sure I use the PCs hard drive in the future.

I have a response from Steam Cloud Support:

Hello,

I apologize for the delay. I understand that you are wanting to retrieve a Steam Cloud save for Football Manager 2020. I am happy to assist you with this issue to the best of my ability.

Unfortunately, Steam Support is not able to rollback or restore any deleted or lost cloud saves as the Steam Cloud does not provide backups of previous versions of data stored in the Cloud or data that has been deleted from the Cloud.

The Steam Cloud FAQ has more information on how the Steam Cloud works as well as a troubleshooting section that can help ensure that your machine is in a good state for any further usage of the Steam Cloud.

Steam Support

I knew it was a long shot but had to try. Thanks guys.

Could you give me your Steam ID? We're still in contact with our contacts at Steam to see if there is anything more we can do.