Turned semi-pro, still can only offer Non-Contracts?

Got my amateur side promoted all the way to Italian Serie D (4th tier).

At the end of the previous season, the board proposed me to go semi-pro and I accepted as the players do need more training time to stay fit/competitive. And I was tired of losing some decent prospects for free due to them only having Amateur contracts.

So, the new seasons begins and I find out I can't offer Part-time contracts! Only stupid Non-contracts with Appearence fees and other minor bonuses. Plenty of players get lured away by lowly offers as low as £500 p/w in the same tier or even one level below.

I've never seen this happen before... Actually the "bad" part of going semi-pro was that even the shittiest trialists, or long-shot prospects had to get offered an actual contract, even if it was only a few tenners p/w. Instead now I'm even unable to offer my Star player a contract, meaning my only way to keep any of them is loyalty and whatever "reputation" we may have as a club+manager combo. Which isn't much.

Could it be because we are still quite poor? Like 60k wage budget and 90k in the bank?!

Anyone?!

I checked the database, and the "type of contracts" are all blank, just like any other semi-pro club at that level. But they can still offer P/T contracts to their players...

It's getting annoying, as it's likely I'll have to bin a perfectly fine save.

3 minuti fa, JordanMillward_1 ha scritto:

Did you use an edited database? If so, there could be an issue with the database that is causing this. 

It is an edited db, but I've checked the edits and the club I'm using has been left untouched.

Basically it's just an add-on expanding the playable leagues a couple of levels below the lowest playabe in the default db, but no edits to anything but league structures.

Not even a real-time editor is changing things... I've tried to set the club as Professional, with a hefty wage budget and a healthy balance... Still nothing! Only those awful N/C with App fees and a few extra bonuses.

Edited by RBKalle

1 ora fa, KUBI ha scritto:

It's your first season as semi-pro club. If you run a test file, is it possible to offer new contracts at the end of the year?

Tomorrow I'll give it a try