Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
BJT

BJT’s Tiki Taka Antidote - Klopp Heavy Metal – 433 | now inc JM's Chelsea 4141 (x2 versions / DLF&TM)

Recommended Posts

BJT’s Tiki Taka Antidote - Klopp Heavy Metal – 433

1259588320_tacgeg.thumb.png.1f1818224844528ab969ae2657696b6d.png

Uninspired

I can’t say I’m a big fan of gegenpressing. Probably a huge understatement. It’s not artistic, there is no skill, creativity, elegance, and I have refused to make such a tactic - that is until now. It seems to be the modern way to play and is the perfect antidote to Pep’s tiki taka style we all love.

As with a lot of my systems I tend to model them on my favourite / successful bosses, although Klopp for sure isn’t one of them. I feel a little bit guilty trying to create this =)

Nevertheless, my heavy metal version aims to follow on from his work with my own twist. And that said, the way it plays on the pitch has a distinct look of the current Liverpool machine…and with the right squad, it seems effective and efficient.

 

Heavy Metal - with a Conductor

I refuse to manage an outfit with zero creativity in their ranks. So my tweak here is to bring in a Michael Carrick in behind my two box to box midfielders.

This I hope will increase the chances of turning the opposition backwards whilst playing a more accurate / deadly pass for our inside forwards to chase, and being smart defensively covering for their ventures forward.

Additionally, a plan to my pressing was to allow the opposing goalkeeper to play out from the back. This would mean a more solid first pressing line for the opponents to play through, whilst leaving space in behind them to quickly exploit once we win the ball.

Style wise, both pressing and our offense is in a narrow shape. The aim is to remain compact in both phases for both effective pressing, and allowing our wing-backs a lot of room to attack the flanks.

 

OIs

-Show opposing full back / wing backs to touchline

-Show opposing wingers to weaker foot

 

What You Need

 

-Hard working side all over, especially the BBMs and the front trio as they’ll be the aggressive pressers

-A Keeper with good distribution (I like to promote long throws for countering)

-Attacking wing-backs with good crossing and dribbling ability

 

Results

Liverpool P97, EPL Winner + All cups

Second season into a save. We had the best attack with 93 goals and best defence conceding 19. A 97 points total winning the league by 15 points, but most importantly we completed the quadruple winning the Carabao, FA, EPL and the ECL.

We beat Spurs in both domestic cups 4-1 and 2-1 respectively, with a 3-0 drubbing against Real Madrid in the ECL final.

ecl.thumb.png.07f2532162804907a010989c9535f4e9.png

Die Bayern P88 – Bundesliga Winners

Bayern had no depth at the start, so I invested in Roberto and Neres in the Summer, with Savic coming in January.

It was a very good season considering we had some long-term injuries. Lewandowski ended up missing the DFB Pokal semi’s where we lost to RBL AET. We also made the ECL final to lose to PSG, with the quality in the final third telling. But we won the league extremely comfortably.

It was a year I alienated Coutinho completely. He doesn’t have the attributes for gegenpressing, and when he did play he was poor. Gnabry did a good job on the left flank.

660079757_fcblt.thumb.png.3891c66a8ad8e1a4a11d55227af60e8a.png

Napoli P86 – Serie A Winners

A little investment to bring in Saul to help strengthen our midfield was the major dealing for our first team, with a backup box to box midfielder in De Beek.

Didn’t make any cup finals, and at times our ability to score meant we drew a lot of games. But with very few defeats, we got enough wins to bring home the Scudetto.

172628379_napolilt.thumb.png.a209e292cfa72f4d96d062626e1c22fb.png

Ajax P79 – Eredivise Winners

Brought in a few players to try and fill the shortage of players following De Ligt and De Jong’s departures in the Summer.

With the numbers and good enough quality we won the league title comfortably in the end. Domestic cup was a bit disappointing, and we lost to Liverpool in the 1st round of the Knockouts.

We did draw a lot of games and had problems scoring at times, very much like Napoli.

1824292716_ajaxltsqd.thumb.png.b232f001dd77265920423b917211ce2f.png

Aston Villa – Season 1 (Finished 9th)

With the board hoping to avoid relegation and a media prediction of 17th, we far surpassed these objectives and comfortably took 9th spot.

Two squad players were brought in with Roden at CB and Benrahma at AMR. So we had the depth to remain consistent and we had some impressive wins along the way including a satisfying 3-0 win away at Leicester and 2-0 home win against Arsenal, both sides who like to play pretty football.

970347795_villalg.thumb.png.8da633e6c42004d22f750567487034a0.png

Overview

Looking at the results, it is quite a fair reflection of the strengths and weaknesses of Liverpool. Solid and difficult to beat, but the lack of creativity makes it difficult to open up teams that play more defensive. Liverpool have three match winners up top in their line up, which was enough to win those tight games and helped win the quad. And then two real quality wing-backs to provide top deliveries out wide. If you lack this, those games won will turn into draws - and those you would draw, perhaps turn into losses.

 

Napoli and Ajax although successful in the league and hard to beat, drew a lot of games and struggled in the cups. There isn’t the quality of offensive players in comparison to Liverpool. But being hard to beat and having a side that if they have pace and work hard will mean even teams expecting to go down will have a real chance of staying up and vastly exceed expectations, as with my Villa season.

 

So it’s a capable tactic of winning all the trophies available, and comfortably keeping a side expected to go down in the toughest league in the world so should be a decent Plug n Play tactic where squad building to this system should bring about eventual success.

bjt-433-tta-20.fmf

bjt-4141-jm-che-20tar.fmf bjt-4141-jm-che-20.fmf

Edited by BJT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Monza Serie C-A Winners / 99 points, league record

After testing it with a lot more amateurish players, the solidity of the system was clear to see. Losing 1 game all season, scoring 100 goals and conceding just the 16 saw us dominate the league and gain promotion very comfortably. I was quite surprised at the goal tally, as at the higher levels of football it proves to be a little more difficult without top quality match winners.

1794848982_monzalt.thumb.png.da24d2a99f6a0ce378d36fa9cf9c410e.png

FC Porto - Domestic Treble

As above, goals at times weren't easy to come by, but losing just the two games all season in the league saw us top the table ahead of real challengers SLB. Europe wasn't successful this year, but we won both of the other domestic cups, requiring us to beat our rivals SLB twice.

2120409166_fcptabe.thumb.png.903b64642a35fe371ea272a88d35fd0e.png1657035582_fcpcp.thumb.png.4e7ae7253c7f2f9aa648a9a259ad815c.png

1399729487_fcpcp2.thumb.png.d6850a2c84efcf7451a761ccb147748f.png

 

And here is a clip of the boring predictable football that Liverpool produce each and every week, evidenced here...although I can guess the right back who scored in a disguised shirt :)

 

 

 

fcb lt.png

Edited by BJT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @BJT I'm a huge fan of your tactics, I have a question. Will this tactic that you've posted on FM Base (https://fm-base.co.uk/resources/bjt-–-433-liverpool-101-points-all-cups-klopp-pep-jose-inspired.74/) work properly in 20.4 version? 

I've tested it with Arsenal and got interesting results, but my left IF performs poorly from time to time (Aubameyang, Martinelli). Right IF (Pepe, Saka) play incredibly and have lots of goals and assists. Maybe changing OI's to the same you've mentioned in the tactic above will change the situation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Azariiix, thanks, appreciate it. I have made a very minor adjustment to this on latest patch and so I have attached this for you here.

I try to base my systems on football principles, so I would hope that the majority would work with a degree of success on all patches. However it won't ever always be the case.

Given I play the game in this way, FM is highly detailed and there are numerous reasons why it may be occurring. Hidden player attributes for consistency / big games, how the opponents set themselves up, sometimes luck just isn't on your side or you're just having a bad day.

All you can do as a manager is minimise the chances your side get unlucky, and maximise those that will allow you to win a football match. And with that said, I do believe OIs can be very important. I have always used them for the way I want my team to defend. So in any system make sure the players fit the bill.

(For e.g in this uploaded gegenpressing one, if you have forwards that don't work hard and have lack pace, the system will fail)

In this and my own inspired particular system, I want my side to defend in this particular manner and I believe even the subtlest of changes will make a difference. Winning a tight football match involves extremely fine margins.

bjt-433-20kpj.fmf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BJT said:

Hi @Azariiix, thanks, appreciate it. I have made a very minor adjustment to this on latest patch and so I have attached this for you here.

I try to base my systems on football principles, so I would hope that the majority would work with a degree of success on all patches. However it won't ever always be the case.

Given I play the game in this way, FM is highly detailed and there are numerous reasons why it may be occurring. Hidden player attributes for consistency / big games, how the opponents set themselves up, sometimes luck just isn't on your side or you're just having a bad day.

All you can do as a manager is minimise the chances your side get unlucky, and maximise those that will allow you to win a football match. And with that said, I do believe OIs can be very important. I have always used them for the way I want my team to defend. So in any system make sure the players fit the bill.

(For e.g in this uploaded gegenpressing one, if you have forwards that don't work hard and have lack pace, the system will fail)

In this and my own inspired particular system, I want my side to defend in this particular manner and I believe even the subtlest of changes will make a difference. Winning a tight football match involves extremely fine margins.

bjt-433-20kpj.fmf 45.75 kB · 1 download

Thanks a lot! Should I use the old OIs (Show into the foot close to the flank)? Or the same that Gegenpress uses?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No probs :) I think with the centrally positioned defensive midfielder in play, it's best to use the ones shown here. (Show offensive wide players to weaker foot / defensive wide players to touchline.)

I tend to show all wide players to the touchline in a 442 formation or 4231.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great tactic for My Stoke team. So far 7-4-1 after 12 games. Rock solid defence 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/03/2020 at 18:32, BJT said:

No probs :) I think with the centrally positioned defensive midfielder in play, it's best to use the ones shown here. (Show offensive wide players to weaker foot / defensive wide players to touchline.)

I tend to show all wide players to the touchline in a 442 formation or 4231.

Which tactic is the most effective from the 3 you made?(4231,4312 and 433)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Zlatan11 said:

Which tactic is the most effective from the 3 you made?(4231,4312 and 433)

On the assumption you have the ideal players for it? I believe the Real Madrid 4231 is probably the best in that respect. But you need top quality to play it, so durability wise I'd say the Klopp 433 as all you need is pace and work-rate for it to work well. It can work with many sides as these are attributes that won't be hard to find at lower levels too.

The diamond system is a weak formation nowadays, but in a league such as Italy where a lot of teams won't play at such a quick pace to expose the attacking wing-backs, the system will work well over there.

The most pretty to watch though, I like my 235 :) I've got another couple I'll be uploading to this thread which will be my last. But these ones look quite promising for effectiveness, and one is a target man one.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New System - BJT.4141.JM.20 / Chelsea Era (x2 versions / DLF-S & TM-S)

(Available here and on OP)

DEEP LYING FORWARD

dlf.thumb.png.0d33c503d58cb87ce5d64c534016bbf4.png

TARGET MAN

target.thumb.png.2cb4f2ebaac2be6da653ddc8f2b6cb5f.png

Not Forgetting the Bus Parking Specialist

These will be my last set of tactics I’ll release for this FM as I’ve pretty much covered my favourite systems now.

Mourinho's Chelsea side have crossed paths with Barca a few times. Renowned for his 4141 in defence that turned into a 433 into attack, here I’ve tried to create his Double Decker Bus – that would then accelerate like a Ferrari on the break.

Chelsea to me weren’t a defensive side at all, they were an attacking counter-attacking outfit, who either could play with Gudjohnsen up top, or of course play more direct with the legend of Didier Drogba.

Sadly the only target man on this game is a real poor version of him, being Lukaku. So it’s hard to test the system with a Target Man at an elite level.

Irrespective of this, I have tried to create two tactics. One that can be used at the higher levels that plays with a DLF in Gudjohnsen, and one that does contain a TM with Drogba which should be more effective in the leagues below.

 

How it Plays in Brief

I’ve decided to go with two Wayne Bridges on the flanks, so that both sides will be able to feed the Drog regularly. They will overlap the Inverted Wingers that will tend to cut infield to provide closer support for the big man.

There are also two BBMs. The right sided one plays like Lampard who will get forward on a regular basis. The other is an allrounder. Both BBMs need to be of a creative nature, as with a Makelele behind as a DM there isn’t anyone that will dictate the play. 

Chelsea played with a mid-block and used the offside trap, so these are in force along with the front 3 being a little bit more of a nuisance thus have greater pressing urgency compared to the rest.

The attacking movements will be focused down both flanks, really trying to make use of the attacking full-backs overlapping at every opportunity at a quick tempo to unsettle the opposition backline.

 

OIs

-Show opposing defensive wide players to touchline

-Show offensive wide players onto weaker foot

 

Results

Man Utd (DLF Version) / P100, FA Cup

I gave this a whirl in a 3rd season Man Utd save. Got a pretty good squad, although Liverpool’s is stupidly superior with our midfield weak in comparison with McTominay still playing an important role! However our ability to score goals with a really tight Jose Mourinho defence conceding just the 13 goals gave us a 100 points league winning tally. Hopefully he’d have been proud of this defensive record.

We also won the FA Cup final vs Lpool, but lost on pens in the ECL Semi’s v Barca and a Carabao Cup Final to Lpool. At least we had some form of revenge.

317633471_mutab.thumb.png.a0121a77b186abb38576872a624e18fb.png

Spal (Predicted 17th / Finished 8th – Target Man Version)

Really good season for a side looking to fight relegation off bravely. We had a good target man in Petagna, so it was a good side to test it on.

Vastly exceeding expectations, it looks like the system should be able to do a good job with sides that have a big man up top and underdogs.

Whether it can win a major league with the lack of target man talent I don’t know, but may give this a try at some point, and also see how it fairs in other nations. It’s definitely an EPL tactic design.

560112602_spaltab.thumb.png.eb78f3371fe3de17b2b87da27903be8b.png

Well I’d like to think Klopp with his brainless 433 gegenpressing has met his match here. Hopefully these are two nice additions for playing effectively against the Tiki Taka.

Enjoy.

bjt-4141-jm-che-20tar.fmf bjt-4141-jm-che-20.fmf

Edited by BJT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, BJT said:

On the assumption you have the ideal players for it? I believe the Real Madrid 4231 is probably the best in that respect. But you need top quality to play it, so durability wise I'd say the Klopp 433 as all you need is pace and work-rate for it to work well. It can work with many sides as these are attributes that won't be hard to find at lower levels too.

The diamond system is a weak formation nowadays, but in a league such as Italy where a lot of teams won't play at such a quick pace to expose the attacking wing-backs, the system will work well over there.

The most pretty to watch though, I like my 235 :) I've got another couple I'll be uploading to this thread which will be my last. But these ones look quite promising for effectiveness, and one is a target man one.

 

On the Jose 4231 thread you posted this 

OIs (Both Systems)

-By playing narrow and compact, force all opposing wide players feet towards the touchline is a must

Does that mean to show the wide players on their weak foot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Zlatan11 said:

On the Jose 4231 thread you posted this 

OIs (Both Systems)

-By playing narrow and compact, force all opposing wide players feet towards the touchline is a must

Does that mean to show the wide players on their weak foot?

Nope, it means show them wide to the touchline. So a right winger is shown onto his right foot and a left winger to his left etc. My OIs will vary for different formations,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What team are you? Do your players have the required attributes to play the system and press high aggressively? As mentioned with my Bayern side, although Coutinho was my best player around that area I never played him because he doesn't have the attributes. It's very important you have players geared to play in this manner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

Thank you for the tactic @BJT

Sorry for the stupid question but when you state 'Show opposing full back / wing backs to touchline' do you mean that the DR and WBR are shown on to their Right Foot and vice versa for DL / WBL.

Additionally, when you state wingers do you mean both sets of ML / AML and MR / AMR.

Thanks in advance and apologies for the inconvenience :-) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MrScaleh said:

Hi all,

Thank you for the tactic @BJT

Sorry for the stupid question but when you state 'Show opposing full back / wing backs to touchline' do you mean that the DR and WBR are shown on to their Right Foot and vice versa for DL / WBL.

Additionally, when you state wingers do you mean both sets of ML / AML and MR / AMR.

Thanks in advance and apologies for the inconvenience :-) 

 

HI @MrScaleh

Not at all, you hit the nail on the head there on both accounts, so what you've assumed above are both correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BJT said:

HI @MrScaleh

Not at all, you hit the nail on the head there on both accounts, so what you've assumed above are both correct.

Thanks for your help @BJT

Out of the 4 tactics posted above and noted below. What one would you consider would be the best one to use for Lower League side? And which one is the best overall?

bjt-4141-jm-che-20tar.fmf 

bjt-4141-jm-che-20.fmf

bjt-433-20kpj.fmf

bjt-433-tta-20.fmf
 

Thanks again for your help :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MrScaleh said:

Thanks for your help @BJT

Out of the 4 tactics posted above and noted below. What one would you consider would be the best one to use for Lower League side? And which one is the best overall?

bjt-4141-jm-che-20tar.fmf 

bjt-4141-jm-che-20.fmf

bjt-433-20kpj.fmf

bjt-433-tta-20.fmf
 

Thanks again for your help :-)

The target man will always be a last resort if you don't have anyone that can play a deep lying forward role. It would need to be either the jm chelsea one, or the klopp gegenpressing tta one. But generally a tactic always needs to be geared to what you have in the squad.

Gegenpressing will require a team with great work-rate and pace to be able to effectively press high up the pitch and then counter quickly. However this also plays a high line, so if you have a slow back-line that won't work so well if the opponents breaks your front line of defence.

The jm 4141 will not require such a fast back-line. But that means you'll need players more able to actually defend. By also counter-attacking fast, you'll need real pace down the flanks for it to work well offensively. But his sides generally require real quality to get the most out his systems.

So the gegenpressing system will imo be most durable whilst being easier to build a solid squad. Another being the match engine is most suited to it. In the lower leagues I doubt teams will be able to punish you much at that level, so I'd try that one. first.

Whichever you choose though, goals can at times be hard to come by due to the type of football being played. So make sure you have a good corner and free kick taker, as in those tight games they'll make a difference.

I also have a SAF 442 one that should work well in the lower leagues. It's a lot more simplistic football and plays like Sir Alex's Man Utd did. One version with a higher line and the other standard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BJT said:

The target man will always be a last resort if you don't have anyone that can play a deep lying forward role. It would need to be either the jm chelsea one, or the klopp gegenpressing tta one. But generally a tactic always needs to be geared to what you have in the squad.

Gegenpressing will require a team with great work-rate and pace to be able to effectively press high up the pitch and then counter quickly. However this also plays a high line, so if you have a slow back-line that won't work so well if the opponents breaks your front line of defence.

The jm 4141 will not require such a fast back-line. But that means you'll need players more able to actually defend. By also counter-attacking fast, you'll need real pace down the flanks for it to work well offensively. But his sides generally require real quality to get the most out his systems.

So the gegenpressing system will imo be most durable whilst being easier to build a solid squad. Another being the match engine is most suited to it. In the lower leagues I doubt teams will be able to punish you much at that level, so I'd try that one. first.

Whichever you choose though, goals can at times be hard to come by due to the type of football being played. So make sure you have a good corner and free kick taker, as in those tight games they'll make a difference.

I also have a SAF 442 one that should work well in the lower leagues. It's a lot more simplistic football and plays like Sir Alex's Man Utd did. One version with a higher line and the other standard.

Hi @BJT

Thank you again for your help. It is very much appreciated. I am currently trying gegenpressing system with some moderate success :-) Currently 3rd in Vanarama National League and lost to Man Utd in the 3rd Round of the FA Cup!

Please would it be possible to link me to your SAF 442 Tactic and also can this tactic be used as an UnderDog tactic when I (hopefully) get promoted lol.

Thanks again :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MrScaleh said:

Hi @BJT

Thank you again for your help. It is very much appreciated. I am currently trying gegenpressing system with some moderate success :-) Currently 3rd in Vanarama National League and lost to Man Utd in the 3rd Round of the FA Cup!

Please would it be possible to link me to your SAF 442 Tactic and also can this tactic be used as an UnderDog tactic when I (hopefully) get promoted lol.

Thanks again :-)

No problem. It's also here on the forums btw but here's the link below:

 

It plays attacking football, so naturally it works best if your favourite. However at a lower standard of football the gulf in quality is a lot less so you should be able to achieve decent success with it. You could use the attacking version at home and the more balanced version away, or just the balanced if your back line is very slow.

Edited by BJT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BJT said:

No problem. It's also here on the forums btw but here's the link below:

 

It plays attacking football, so naturally it works best if your favourite. However at a lower standard of football the gulf in quality is a lot less so you should be able to achieve decent success with it. You could use the attacking version at home and the more balanced version away, or just the balanced if your back line is very slow.

Thanks again for your help @BJT Very Much appreciated. I will try the above tactic in my next season and let you know how I get on. Hopefully I should be in League 2 with AFC Telford. :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...