Tactical advice Atalanta

Hi,

Looking for some input on this tactic please.

atalanta.thumb.png.b373e5424e66232eb19b65a584bb118f.png

PI's - AM(at) - Run wide with ball, moves into channels

I have Ilicic on attack duty, because he has comes deep to get the ball PPM, otherwise I'd use him on support. I have a technical midfield so I want to focus my possession there.

Against stronger opposition I might remove play out of defence, work ball into box and a lower LOE. My central defenders are not that fast, so I might up the defensive line a notch in those games where I'm the clear favourite.

Thanks for your time.

21 minutes ago, mikcheck said:

atalanta.thumb.png.b373e5424e66232eb19b65a584bb118f.png

22 minutes ago, mikcheck said:

Looking for some input on this tactic please

Honestly, this tactic is definitely not my cup of tea. It's neither well balanced, nor does it have a clear tactical identity.

You play all 3 forward players on attack duty, but at the same time depriving them of space. 

Some of your team instructions are possession-oriented,  but the setup of roles and duties definitely is not. 

Defensive compactness is less than optimal, which means your players will need to cover proportionally more space when defending (especially as the attacking trio is probably not going to help in defense a lot).

Thanks for your reply.

I want possession, but not that boring possession, that's why I'm going with positive mentality. What would you change? Give one of the AM's a support duty for example?

And i've reverted my WB's to FB's position, there not really a big point in using them there.

Edited by mikcheck

10 hours ago, mikcheck said:

I want possession, but not that boring possession, that's why I'm going with positive mentality

Well, that's not solely about the positive mentality. You can play both boring (patient) and more progressive possession styles under the positive mentality. And if you want to play any kind of possession-oriented football, then you definitely should not have all 3 forward players on attack duties (in fact, it's not a good idea even for non-possession styles). 

10 hours ago, mikcheck said:

What would you change? Give one of the AM's a support duty for example?

Definitely at least one of the AMCs should be given a support duty. In this particular system, it would be the left one. 

I personally would go with normal (default) attacking width, shorter passing and would not insist on focusing play through the middle (or anywhere specifically).

Overlap left is also not needed, given that your LB is not only on attack duty but also the most attack-minded of all fullback and wing-back roles. 

If you want to play with a higher LOE, then defensive line may also need to be set to higher for the sake of better compactness. Although I personally would prefer higher DL, standard LOE and split block, but without the Prevent short GKD

And given that you use the Play out of defence, I would also not insist on specific goalkeeper distribution. Rather than overcomplicating things, you better let him make his own decision.

Btw, when I mentioned the goalkeeper, I am curious as to why have you opted to play him as a standard GK, rather than SK? Does he lack the attributes for a SK or what?

22 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

Honestly, this tactic is definitely not my cup of tea. It's neither well balanced, nor does it have a clear tactical identity.

You play all 3 forward players on attack duty, but at the same time depriving them of space. 

Some of your team instructions are possession-oriented,  but the setup of roles and duties definitely is not. 

Defensive compactness is less than optimal, which means your players will need to cover proportionally more space when defending (especially as the attacking trio is probably not going to help in defense a lot).

You always want balance balance fact is you don't win *** with balance you can maybe at best not underachieve and maybe that's an achievement for people even in easy FMs 19 and 20 but it's crazy that you get mod for spamming this.

6 minutes ago, MrPep said:

You always want balance balance fact is you don't win *** with balance you can maybe at best not underachieve and maybe that's an achievement for people even in easy FMs 19 and 20 but it's crazy that you get mod for spamming this.

I warmly advise you to abstain from trolling threads.

Thanks.

Em 26/03/2020 em 21:57, Experienced Defender disse:

Well, that's not solely about the positive mentality. You can play both boring (patient) and more progressive possession styles under the positive mentality. And if you want to play any kind of possession-oriented football, then you definitely should not have all 3 forward players on attack duties (in fact, it's not a good idea even for non-possession styles). 

Definitely at least one of the AMCs should be given a support duty. In this particular system, it would be the left one. 

I personally would go with normal (default) attacking width, shorter passing and would not insist on focusing play through the middle (or anywhere specifically).

Overlap left is also not needed, given that your LB is not only on attack duty but also the most attack-minded of all fullback and wing-back roles. 

If you want to play with a higher LOE, then defensive line may also need to be set to higher for the sake of better compactness. Although I personally would prefer higher DL, standard LOE and split block, but without the Prevent short GKD

And given that you use the Play out of defence, I would also not insist on specific goalkeeper distribution. Rather than overcomplicating things, you better let him make his own decision.

Btw, when I mentioned the goalkeeper, I am curious as to why have you opted to play him as a standard GK, rather than SK? Does he lack the attributes for a SK or what?

Thanks.

This is my GK. Should I play him SK (s) instead?

gollini.thumb.png.17673071d3caa95add8fb76602f4c39c.png

And this one his currently on loan, but will be my first team choice for the next season

marco.thumb.png.7c9b6242488c4e53a92e1457d77a58d9.png

28 minutes ago, mikcheck said:

gollini.thumb.png.17673071d3caa95add8fb76602f4c39c.png

29 minutes ago, mikcheck said:

This is my GK. Should I play him SK (s) instead?

i would play him as SK on defend duty. He has good SK-related attributes goalkeeping-wise, but his passing, first touch and vision are not good enough for any higher duty.